Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,596 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? (9090 Views)

Guy With No Car At 26 Irresponsible? Some Girls Still Think Like This In 2016? / Hilarious Conversation Between Lady & Guy That Broke Her Girlfriend's Heart / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by blugirl: 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
Hi nairalanders, what would you do if you were to be in this condition?
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by r231(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2011
English is not his first language now haba grin cheesy

kini big deal grin cheesy

so far homeboy has a good paying job and is going places in life den no prob cheesy

so you prefer english with no ambition. . . . . sometimes in life u cant have everything
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by snowdrops(m): 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2011
whats his educational status? trying to reconcile that fact that he has poor command of english and seemingly good job in big company. although not that i am saying this is impossible
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Araboy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
unless you don't have language barrier with him and you can understand each other  I don't know why you tripping
out of fifty four countries in Africa today only seventeen are Anglophone let less talk about the world
So don't know why this obsession with English that most African  Anglophone exhibit funny think English is not even their native language 
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by ayomide202(f): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2011
I can imagine! Bad can be super-embarrassing. I cringe when i hear people speak confidently sayin 'avoid' instead of 'afford' or 'employ' in place of 'implore' dats y i love pidgin no expression has grammatical fault.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
LMAO! There is not one person on this site that can honestly say that English is their first language. Absolutely NO ONE! Even Akatas speak their own form of pidgin (Ebonics). Since when does speaking proper English account for being the dating or marriage type? Seriously. I don't get why it would be a big fricken deal! SMH.

I swear!

Black people trip me out some times!  grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by iice(f): 2:33am On Jun 13, 2011
Then don't date him. Find someone who will no be an embarrassment to you.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by MMM2(m): 4:15am On Jun 13, 2011
op
but u just said he is having (MONEY).
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by femmy2010(m): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2011
Its your choice,its your life so follow your heart.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 13, 2011
If I enjoy spending time with him then I would be his girlfriend and help him out. Correct him whenever he messes up or tell him to read more.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 13, 2011
Same questions everyday 4 nairaland undecided
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Tingles(m): 6:52am On Jun 13, 2011
What is the point in dating someone you're not proud of?

I'm not perfect myself but bad english affects me psychologically, a romantic text message with no punctuation makes me angry.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Mynd44: 8:03am On Jun 13, 2011
No comment but if it was me i would not.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Blazay(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2011
Of course.
Na English I go chop? shocked
As long as he can speak pidgin English and tell me things like:

"O baby you just scatter me finish"!!!. . .in the bedroom. kiss

I can speak enough 'good' English for both of us. cheesy

Of what use is an 'impotent' man with fine Y-inglish? cry

Tell it not in Gath!

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Obelomo: 8:40am On Jun 13, 2011
Just try to correct his grammar! He is cute and has a good job, which is hard to find nowadays!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by tellwisdom: 9:19am On Jun 13, 2011
Just fast for 20days on his behalf
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by lumideezle(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
Just 1 question, was it Yoruba or Igbo they used to Interview him for this his Nice paying job I'm just curious
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Creamish(f): 9:50am On Jun 14, 2011
iice:

Then don't date him. Find someone who will no be an embarrassment to you.

Exactly . . . . if ur uncomfortable, dont bother . . .dont manage so u dont insult him wit it if u get into an arguement. Leave him for those who dont think its a big deal . . . Ul find someone wit a great job whoz cute and speaks well . .dem plenty. wink
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by cold(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2011
Can't blame you if you decline his offer.Personally I can't date a lady who hasn't got an exceptional command of the English language
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by xreal: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2011
Mehn! I tried dating an 'angel' during my service year.
I couldn't cope with her 'english', I just can't.
It was always a mess - each time I took her out, and in the company of my co-corp members.
OP, you having that thought. . . don't date him. It counts.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by oloriooko(m): 11:53am On Jun 14, 2011
@ poster.

if you really love her, then you will do anything to help her get over the problem

Simply give her the education she lacks.

even if she absconds later, it will be recorded that you helped one person in this life of yours.

QED
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by bighead1(m): 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2011
U can date him gurl. Just tell him bout his grammatical errors and i am sure he will change because of u.
And some times u r to be d change dat u want to see in someone.
Also u sometimes do not get something perfect as u want it, but u can always fine tune dat thing to ur taste gurl. Go by ur instincts and not by wat u told.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
yes I can date such person, after all, what has English got to do with loving a person.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
Is he an aboki ?
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by proffmanue(m): 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
If I were u, I'll make him listen to international news and also watch more movies that have good command of English. this way he will learn very fast.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
One of my close friends is married to a Ukranian girl.She"s very beautiful,tall and well educated but then she has a very poor command of the english language.When my friend communicates with her it has to be in her language because she doesnt understand english that well but then he thinks the world of her and loves her to death.So yes u can date someone who has a very poor command of the english language.No be grammer you go chop cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by cold(m): 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
tom28:

One of my close friends is married to a Ukranian girl.She"s very beautiful,tall and well educated but then she has a very poor command of the english language.When my friend communicates with her it has to be in her language because she doesnt understand english that well but then he thinks the world of her and loves her to death.So yes u can date someone who has a very poor command of the english language.No be grammer you go chop cheesy
You clearly stated Ukraine.English is not their official language neither is their native language so please don't confuse issues here.

proffmanue:

If I were u, I'll make him listen to international news and also watch more movies that have good command of English. this way he will learn very fast.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.Ask yourself why hasn't our first lady improved on her grammar with all the money at her feet?
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Tnot(m): 12:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
BOKO HARAMMM!

Even me, Mio gbo Englisss
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by slimyem: 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2011
to me,its a real big deal,
I dont actually see a cute guy until he opens his mouth to speak to me,
How are we supposed to communicate effectively, and dont give me that crap about english not being his native language, its our lingua franca!from what i gather, he's a graduate, i would only understand if he was taught with yoruba thru school

1 Like

Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by tellwisdom: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
Is he an aboki ?

I guess so, cos na them get that syndrome pass
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Odunnu: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
If we are compatible in other areas and we dont have a communication wahala, i'm falling headlong
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by cold(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
If he says things like; 'i likes you,i want to marriage you'.Hmm that na serious matter o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS :see Beautiful Lady Born Without A Vagina / Did I Do Something Wrong Or Was I Over Independent? / My Girl Wants Me To Make Love To Her Always When She Is Seeing Red

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.