Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 (15371 Views)

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / 25,000MW Deal: FG, Siemens Sign Pre-Engineering Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by COMPAQ(m): 9:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/25000mw-siemens-power-project-begins-q1-2022-fg/

This is just typical shallow Nigerian news without details.

Can anyone tell me exactly how Siemens plans to get us from our current paltry 4000MW to 7000MW? Is it by providing gas to existing under utilized gas plants? If so, where is the gas magically going to come from? Or do they plan to deploy grid scale solar and wind?

And then how are we to get from 7000MW to 11,000MW and then on the 25,000MW. Even if money were not an impediment, that sort of jump would still be very challenging to pull off, given the so many things that can go wrong with executing a project like this in Nigeria beyond the financial aspects.

As far as I'm concerned this is all just shallow talk, as there is no concrete plan!!

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

I won't say she was asking any kid of genuine question with her condescending and deceptive remarks, the Chancellor is not the head or the representative of Siemens, so why ask her that ignorant question?

Was a Siemens PR person at Siemens HQ in Germany not available to answer her questions or to properly educate her?

The Chancellor even surgested that maybe local content issue is one of the stumbling blocks, so do you know the meaning of local content? The Nigerian government is making sure that Nigerians like you are adequately represented, employed and able to put food on the table.

Igbos are all the same everywhere, they don't miss any opportunity to purvey their hateful and anti Nigeria madness.

She needs to stick to her bigoted biafra essays or STFU.
Do you have an idea when this project will kick off?
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by AmazingELixir: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2021
grin grin grin

"The Federal Government has said the Siemens AG power project which plans to grow Nigeria’s power delivery to 25,000 megawatts will be revived in the first quarter of 2021. "

First quarter of 2021 indeed, the world is preparing to usher in 2022 and the mannique and supporters including Op want to carry us back to first quarter when we are already in the third quarter...backward facing government trying to drag Nigeria back to the stone age.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by erniok(m): 10:00am On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

I won't say she was asking any kid of genuine question with her condescending and deceptive remarks, the Chancellor is not the head or the representative of Siemens, so why ask her that ignorant question?

Was a Siemens PR person at Siemens HQ in Germany not available to answer her questions or to properly educate her?

The Chancellor even surgested that maybe local content issue is one of the stumbling blocks, so do you know the meaning of local content? The Nigerian government is making sure that Nigerians like you are adequately represented, employed and able to put food on the table.

Igbos are all the same everywhere, they don't miss any opportunity to purvey their hateful and anti Nigeria madness.

She needs to stick to her bigoted biafra essays or STFU.

She started by saying the German government endorsed it and the chancellor never debunked it. The chancellor is in the picture from her responses and it was not only local content that was part of the problem but also financing like she mentioned. I think chimamda meant well and there was nothing condescending in her attitude.

On the local content issue, if Siemens thinks that their technical team can handle it, best we can do to get them sign a transfer agreement with them supervising after some couple of years.

I think this project got stalled when Abba Kyari died. He knew that there'll be bottlenecks that would delay it and that's why he, not even the minister of power undertook this project.

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2021
Up Siemens
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Do you have an idea when this project will kick off?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Forwards Question to the FG and Siemens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Forwards Question to the FG and Siemens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
grin
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by udemzeus(m): 10:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Story story, why not build nuclear plants, grin grin grin

I have not see a country with visionless leaders as African countries
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2021
erniok:

She started by saying the German government endorsed it and the chancellor never debunked it. The chancellor is in the picture from her responses and it was not only local content that was part of the problem but also financing like she mentioned. I think chimamda meant well and there was nothing condescending in her attitude.

On the local content issue, if Siemens thinks that their technical team can handle it, best we can do to get them sign a transfer agreement with them supervising after some couple of years.

I think this project got stalled when Abba Kyari died. He knew that there'll be bottlenecks that would delay it and that's why he, not even the minister of power undertook this project.

The fact that the German government endorsed the deal doesn't mean she's involved in implementation or the nuts and bolts, and her guessing here and there answers showed that she didn't know much.

Abba Kyari dead or alive can not change or alter the progression or non progression of the project because these are fundamental bottlenecks such projects go through all over the world, eventually, they get resolved.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by erniok(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

The fact that the German government endorsed the deal doesn't mean she's involved in implementation or the nuts and bolts, and her guessing here and there answers showed that she didn't know much.

Abba Kyari dead or alive can not change or alter the progression or non progression of the project because these are fundamental bottlenecks such projects go through all over the world, eventually, they get resolved.

I won't respond to your first paragraph because obviously, you are already biased. The chancellor has limited knowledge of the project I agree but in such cases as always, she promised to get back to her with her findings and I guess there was meant to be a follow-up on Adiche's part.

On your second paragraph, we started hearing of the Siemens project when he was alive, he literally undertook it, the president's CoS and not the power minister, why was this anomaly. Why is it that the bottlenecks has not been strengthened since his demise and Nigerians have not been getting briefs like the railway project.
We all want the good of this nation as we have no other one.

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by OBAGADAFFI: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

Her question is important, considering the fact that Seimen was involved in massive corruption here in Nigeria.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Quiny32323: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2021
seanswitch:
Okay

"The power project will have three phases: to take Nigeria’s operational capacity of the grid from less than 5,000MW to 7000MW by 2021; further increase the capacity to 11,000MW by 2023; and achieve total operational generation and national grid capacity to 25,000MW by 2025.

In July 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the payment of €15.21 million and N1.708 billion as counterpart funding for the PPI.

Speaking on the new development, Suleiman said the pre-engineering phase of the project would be completed in 10 months."

“We are not adding any generation capacity but we want to make sure that we fix the dilapidated transmission and distribution networks.

“We are doing the pre-engineering for the distribution network of this country. We have already got a letter of credit from the Federal Government to start it.

“The design is done in our head office. For the transmission scope, we were given initially 11 sites; they have added 22 sites.

“Execution is when you go to sites. But in the next three months, we want to start putting the proposal for phase one together, not when we finish the pre-engineering.

“So, if phase one goes into reality before the end of the current administration, it means we would have been able to move from 4,500MW to 7,000MW.”

Building generating plants should run concurrently with the transmission expansion, abi their head dey pain them.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by emielect: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2021
I applied to work with them on this project, as experience register coren electrical engineer, but no any response till date
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Quiny32323: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2021
COMPAQ:

Can anyone tell me exactly how Siemens plans to get us from our current paltry 4000MW to 7000MW? Is it by providing gas to existing under utilized gas plants? If so, where is the gas magically going to come from? Or do they plan to deploy grid scale solar and wind?

And then how are we to get from 7000MW to 11,000MW and then on the 25,000MW. Even if money were not an impediment, that sort of jump would still be very challenging to pull off, given the so many things that can go wrong with executing a project like this in Nigeria beyond the financial aspects.

As far as I'm concerned this is all just shallow talk, as there is no concrete plan!!

Serious shallow talk, that write up will not make any sense to any seasoned engineer.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2021
erniok:

I won't respond to your first paragraph because obviously, you are already biased.

Saying the fact that the German government endorsed the deal doesn't mean she's involved in implementation or the nuts and bolts was biased? You mind explaining that?

The chancellor has limited knowledge of the project I agree.

I was biased, but you agreed with me? Are you confused?

On your second paragraph, we started hearing of the Siemens project when he was alive, he literally undertook it, the president's CoS and not the power minister, why was this anomaly. Why is it that the bottlenecks has not been strengthened since his demise and Nigerians have not been getting briefs like the railway project.
We all want the good of this nation as we have no other one.

I still don't get the fixation and obsession with the dead man, the man can not marginally come up with the money to fund the project or eradicate Nigeria's local content policy or even any of the challenges the Chancellor listed.

Btw, there was nothing anomaly per the man as the President's envoy piloting our engagement regarding this project unless you are ready to list what the so-called power minister could have done differently? Or you mean the power minister can come up with the money or eradicate our local content policy? Exactly what?

Stop looking for boogeymen and angles where there are none, this is a reflection of your own bias..
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 11:29am On Dec 10, 2021
COMPAQ:

This kind of submission is expected specially when you are a layman with zero technical and professional knowledge about power generation, distribution, management and transmission ..
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by justtoodark: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2021
strange....dem dey build build but at the end nigeria still have only around 4000....

dont you people find it strange no matter what they build,it still remains around 4000....

and this has been going on for decades now....always around 4000mw....
its like they are intentionaly keepin it around 4000mw....
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by erniok(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

Saying the fact that the German government endorsed the deal doesn't mean she's involved in implementation or the nuts and bolts was biased? You mind explaining that?

I was biased, but you agreed with me? Are you confused?

I still don't get the fixation and obsession with the dead man, the man can not marginally come up with the money to fund the project or eradicate Nigeria's local content policy or even any of the challenges the Chancellor listed.

Btw, there was nothing anomaly per the man as the President's envoy piloting our engagement regarding this project unless you are ready to list what the so-called power minister could have done differently? Or you mean the power minister can come up with the money or eradicate our local content policy? Exactly what?

Stop looking for boogeymen and angles where there are none, this is a reflection of your own bias..

Don't know how to separate and respond point by point like you did hope you wouldn't mind if my response is all lumped up.

My saying you are biases is your first post that she was condescending and I had to watch the video thrice and couldn't see that. You obviously attacked her because of her tribe which was petty.

You said earlier that Abba either dead or alive wouldn't have made a difference and I beg to disagree and I stated why earlier.

It's strange you think it's not an anomaly that the CoS was that one taking that responsibility and not the minister of power. Why then do we have such government portfolio? For fun sake? Why is Amechi pushing the one of rail and not the CoS?
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Mayeldah(m): 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
Dem don already take three years talk all these grammar yet work neva start

It may never be completed going by these Politicians' antecedents
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Micmuzac: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
if you believe this story you believe shit , 2022 ? when government is already expired
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Micmuzac: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
if you believe this story you believe shit , 2022 ? when government is already expired just like they could not complete Lagos Ibadan in eight years
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by ggood: 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
[qqqbuote author=Crusadee post=108369705]Siemens una one come cash out in naija huh? I just dey look una [/quote]
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
erniok:

Don't know how to separate and respond point by point like you did hope you wouldn't mind if my response is all lumped up.

My saying you are biases is your first post that she was condescending and I had to watch the video thrice and couldn't see that. You obviously attacked her because of her tribe which was petty.

You said earlier that Abba either dead or alive wouldn't have made a difference and I beg to disagree and I stated why earlier.

It's strange you think it's not an anomaly that the CoS was that one taking that responsibility and not the minister of power. Why then do we have such government portfolio? For fun sake? Why is Amechi pushing the one of rail and not the CoS?

You are right and it was not petty, it was based on her tribal sentiments, tribal posture, writings and anti Nigeria sentiments.

Her question was posed to the wrong person and at the wrong event, it was full of silly and pathetic insinuations and repetition of we were told this and that, we were told this and that.
The rest of your post is the same misguided and irrelevant talk.

You can not even explain to us as asked to state categorically what the power minister would have done differently, was it to come up with the funds or erase our local content policy because of the project.

You are not making any sense, sorry to say.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Aboguede(m): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
The agent summarised it saying the only want to repair the equipments not working to get 7000 my then thinks from there, I also believe it!

9ja got. Signaled it through chiamanda in Germany with the makel 3 months ago

Seniorwriter:
Election votes securing tactics! SMH

We need to vote in young visionary leaders come 2023 not these charlatans parading themselves in our political space.

Lolz...exactly my thoughts.

Pinned.
@Seniorwriter
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by erniok(m): 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

You are right and it was not petty, it was based on her tribal sentiments, tribal posture, writings and anti Nigeria sentiments.

Her question was posed to the wrong person and at the wrong event, it was full of silly and pathetic insinuations and repetition of we were told this and that, we were told this and that.
The rest of your post is the same misguided and irrelevant talk.

You can not even explain to us as asked to state categorically what the power minister would have done differently, was it to come up with the funds or erase our local content policy because of the project.

You are not making any sense, sorry to say.

In as much as the minister may or may not have done better, that's his portfolio for crying out. You are,by your post, insinuating that the minister couldn't have known or done better than the CoS and that's balderdash.

In a a sane clime, the minister should have at his fingertips our lowest power generation for a particular period and our peak in the same period, distributions and other technical info the CoS wouldn't have and should be the right person for that negotiation and never the CoS whether he could have done better is irrelevant. Stop supporting mediocrity.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
NGpatriot:

The ipob woman don turn to energy expart?

Abi her tribal and biafra stories no dey sell anymore..?

a country dat has nothing to offer talking of 50% local content. Why not let the Germans do their work and dis will automatically transcend into meaningful devt dat will grow the so-called local content. Whr they are to emphasize local content they wud not. Looking for way to initiate corruption into the whole deal.
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Amalekki: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
Thunder faya Obasanjo and Atiku grin

2 Likes

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Kissiemu(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Amalekki:
Thunder faya Obasanjo and Atiku grin
Simple

1 Like

Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by komodapson(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
COMPAQ:

The News is tales by moonlight. But let me explain...
As at today, there's installed generational capacity of close to mW20,000 , but the transmission lines and distribution can take up to 4500 hence the grid collapses.

So, they are here to invest in transmission and distribution so as to pick up the excess load of 15000 - 20000 installed capacity.

But this project cant come to reality in the next 50 years...sad reality...don't ask me why please...
Egyptian had already completed theirs...
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by NGpatriot: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2021
franciskaine:
a country dat has nothing to offer talking of 50% local content. Why not let the Germans do their work and dis will automatically transcend into meaningful devt dat will grow the so-called local content. Whr they are to emphasize local content they wud not. Looking for way to initiate corruption into the whole deal.

Investments are supposed to create jobs, so of what relevance is a $25 billion investments and largely construction jobs without jobs for Nigerians?

Local content means giving Nigerians the opportunity to secure jobs and provide services, not to loot money that can not be looted since the money is not ours to loot, it's their money, and it's tied to the project, they budget, spend and audit their own money, we have nothing to do with it.

Must you ignorant people always fight against your own interests and benefits?

This is why some of you unpatriotic, low self-esteem and self-destructive people are not worth fighting for?
Re: 25,000MW Siemens Power Project Begins Q1 2022 by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2021
NGpatriot:

Investments are supposed to create jobs, so of what relevance is a $25 billion investments and largely construction jobs without jobs for Nigerians?

Local content means giving Nigerians the opportunity to secure jobs and provide services, not to loot money that can not be looted since the money is not ours to loot, it's their money, and it's tied to the project, they budget, spend and audit their own money, we have nothing to do with it.

Must you ignorant people always fight against your own interests and benefits?

This is why some of you unpatriotic, low self-esteem and self-destructive people are not worth fighting for?

and how many Germans do you think will be imported into Nigeria for the job? With our shitty economy and infrastructure? How many Germans wud gladly wish to work here? A country will not avail you the opportunity to develop you and you still give them unfavourable terms. Wether local content or not, the Germans cannot provide more than 10% labour force needed for this job.

Moreover, it's foolhardy for anyone to call another ignorant for having a contrary and divergent opinion from their own. As rational beings, our opinions should at certain point be divergent too.

Similar project was initiated in Egypt and today Egypt is better of. Why is ours always different? With all our local content in investment right from the Obasanjo's administration of 76 aimed at encouraging local content, what have we achieved as a nation today? Whr we dey?

Everything Nigeria we just introduce bureaucratic bottlenecks to clog the wheel of devt. Must we always delve into the status quo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Senate To SGF; Defend Yourself Or Resignl / Danjuma Goje To Declare For Senate President After Budget Passage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.