Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (117072 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros spyder how far na
You no won help us complete
the roofing of this house again
abeg talk na!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good to see you surface . . . . How my own sushi from China?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
i want wasabi suace too. dont forgate me. grin grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by AmAlone: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Good to see you surface . . . .  How my own sushi from China?

Bros na after I plaster my house finish ooooo
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros spyder how far na
You no won help us complete
the roofing of this house again
abeg talk na!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai, this guy is back grin
Nna, welcome back and remember to pack my guguru when you come back. I will be waiting for you in the airport o.

As for finishing the roofing, my client is still waiting to select colours, I sent him about 9 different colours and he wants to make a few consultations before choosing one colour. For me, I like grey beige or bush green colours. I will proceed with roofing sheets as soon as he gives the order.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros na after I plaster my house finish ooooo

No wahala, i was not born in Russia, so i fit wait
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by AmAlone: 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
spyder880:

Chai, this guy is back grin
Nna, welcome back and remember to pack my guguru when you come back. I will be waiting for you in the airport o.

As for finishing the roofing, my client is still waiting to select colours, I sent him about 9 different colours and he wants to make a few consultations before choosing one colour. For me, I like grey beige or bush green colours. I will proceed with roofing sheets as soon as he gives the order.

conffirm!!! so we det wait o
no rushin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
He is back with a bag full of suprise, wait and see am alone with actions this time around, no joking.
if i lie make you correct me @am alone.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by aseju: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2011
spyder880,
Nice of you, taking us thru the roof framing of the project.
Good workmanship too from tne carpenters.
What is happening with the iron rebars in picture #205?
How is the roof anchored or tied down for wind uplift?
Thank you Sir.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
aseju:

spyder880,
Nice of you, taking us thru the roof framing of the project.
Good workmanship too from tne carpenters.
What is happening with the iron rebars in picture #205?
How is the roof anchored or tied down for wind uplift?
Thank you Sir.

In this part of the world, we anchor our roofs by tying it down with metal ropes (I bought about 40 metal ropes) which we pass into the walls below the lintel and tie it with the wall plates, the ends are then twisted with a plier and nailed down to the wooden wall plate to ensure firmness. We have not yet started using those iron rebars you posted. Please how are your rebars used, educate us please.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by headworld: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2011
A client of ours is in dire need of 3 plots of land in Lekki.

The land dont have to be in same place, as 1 plot per location is ok.

Buying Price is from N60 million.

Interested sellers or Agents should call 08066363000 immediately.

thanks
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2011
Still loving it
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2011
up grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by aseju: 12:33am On Jul 11, 2011
spyder880:

In this part of the world, we anchor our roofs by tying it down with metal ropes (I bought about 40 metal ropes) which we pass into the walls below the lintel and tie it with the wall plates, the ends are then twisted with a plier and nailed down to the wooden wall plate to ensure firmness. We have not yet started using those iron rebars you posted. Please how are your rebars used, educate us please.

spyder880,
I did not ask for rebars to be used for roof tie down, I simply pointed out the twisted rebars in your foto at post #205, the ones at the top of the columns. Was just asking for its clarification.
I am familiar with the use of metal straps not metal ropes. I did not see its placement and spacing around the exterior wall. True, they are usually wrapped from underneath the lintel to around the wood plate atop the block wall. Just my observation o Oga.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:05am On Jul 11, 2011
How is the project coming?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by jamace(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2011
Spyder, you doing a great job here. Please keep it up. Thanks. cool cool
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2011
We go vex soon if we no see pix of the updates
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:27pm On Jul 11, 2011
lol, his is changing napkin. ooo grin grin grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Jul 11, 2011
rastaman20:

Only if he know how . . . tongue
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
Wetin dey happen now, at least in the meantime, show us some nice roofing in the area . . . . . we go vex oh
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2011
rastaman20:

For where grin when I have the combined forces of my mother and my mother in law around grin

@fhemmmy, still waiting for funds on this one, I will show many pictures today on the 6 bedroom thread, stay tuned.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
spyder880:

For where grin when I have the combined forces of my mother and my mother in law around grin

@fhemmmy, still waiting for funds on this one, I will show many pictures today on the 6 bedroom thread, stay tuned.

That one is nice oh . . you are a blessed Man to have your Mother and Mother in law to take care of the baby, enjoy am oh.

I will be looking forward to seeing the good pix oh
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That one is nice oh . . you are a blessed Man to have your Mother and Mother in law to take care of the baby, enjoy am oh.

I will be looking forward to seeing the good pix oh

@spyder880, but u have to learn how to change napkins, ooo, make you no leave that job alone for your mother , wife and mother -in law alone ,,, the child also belongs to you too grin grin grin grin, and this early stage of life is when fathers affections begin to take efect oo, school of thought. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.
enjoy hot water shayyyy, grin grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
rastaman20:

@spyder880, but u have to learn how to change napkins, ooo, make you no leave that job alone for your mother , wife and mother -in law alone ,,, the child also belongs to you too grin grin grin grin, and this early stage of life is when fathers affections begin to take efect oo, school of thought. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue.
enjoy hot water shayyyy, grin grin

Chief . . . Me and my madam have to do all the diaper changing ourselves oh.
As a matter of fact, i am so good at it now, cos i have changed many . . . . . count the dots
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
roof is a good deal.but needs to invest a lot of money,
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Jussi(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2011
Still loving it
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
Stilling for updates, abie na because of the rain : cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2011
rastaman20:

Stilling for updates, abie na because of the rain : cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am also waiting for decisions, meanwhile I collected quotes from some more companies for aluminum today but their prices are higher that my other quotes.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
Patiently waiting on the way forward
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
spyder880:

I am also waiting for decisions, meanwhile I collected quotes from some more companies for aluminum today but their prices are higher that my other quotes.
@sypder880. What is the best aluminum to use today ??. what i mean is that when it is raining, u will never hear a noise of the rain drops on the roof. which one do you think is the best to beat this phenomenum.?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by atasteve: 11:24am On Jul 14, 2011
Please what guage is the best for roofing, 5.5 or 7?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2011
rastaman20:

@sypder880. What is the best aluminum to use today ??. what i mean is that when it is raining, u will never hear a noise of the rain drops on the roof. which one do you think is the best to beat this phenomenum.?

This point was raised a short while ago and many said its the stone step tiles that absorbs noise the most, but I think most roofing sheets will absorb sound depending on what you use as ceiling for the roof.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
Here again, to learn more

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.