Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (117064 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:54am On Jul 25, 2011
compu:

Am a Civil Engineer and I have been following threads on Nairaland, properties section for a while now. So I think its time for me to contribute my Quota so that all can benefit from it. Just give me the roof plan, Design sections of all sides and the dimensions, and I ll give you a correct or near-estimate and quantities of woodwork and area of Aluminium sheets to supply.
Things to note on roofing;
1. All carpenters estimate can never be the same, because they all have different ways of forming their Roof Trusses.
2. The same carpenter that can manage 100pcs of wood to roof a house, can also use 200pcs without remaining a single one.
3.the more the wood in your roof the stronger.
4. Lastly do not give the carpenter that carries out your Roof framework, your aluminium roofing sheet work. am talking from experience

N B: I jumped many threads, b4 writing this, accept my apology.

Welcome and feel free to add your wealth of knowledge too
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
How the project dey go?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Good pionts, Noted.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by chuka2003(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
nice one spyder, really looking forward to seeing the end product!
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by diordaves(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2011

4. Lastly do not give the carpenter that carries out your Roof framework, your aluminium roofing sheet work. am talking from experience

Why? And what was the experience? Please share.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:08am On Jul 26, 2011
Still dey gbadun you
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On Jul 27, 2011
How we dey for this project?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2011
^^^ my client promised to start action soon. I will deploy to site at the first ring of his phone.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by chuka2003(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2011

Why? And what was the experience? Please share.

Its because Aluminium roofing carpenter would act as a check for the framework guy. If the framework guy does a shoddy job, aluminium guy would call him back and put him to order. This may back fire if they are partners in crime or worse still are the same person, grin

2 Likes

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nice to know action will start sooner rather that later
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by atasteve: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
chuka2003:

Its because Aluminium roofing carpenter would act as a check for the framework guy. If the framework guy does a shoddy job, aluminium guy would call him back and put him to order. This may back fire if they are partners in crime or worse still are the same person, grin

What you said is true but not in all cases sha.

At least I have an instance.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2011
atasteve:

Please explain . . . and share with us the instance
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
atasteve:

Please teach us more.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:47am On Jul 28, 2011
Always willing to learn oh
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by cinzo: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2011
This post is gone.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ True to some extents, especially when soft wood is used, it could bend, or get weaker with the harsh suna and rain affecting it. What I have up there is the best quality hard wood and they can stay one month and retain their quality.
But I am still waiting on my client and he is aware of effect of weather agents on the wood.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by cinzo: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2011
^THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION. WILL STILL CALL YOU ANYTIME I GET TO THE EAST.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ will be expecting your call.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2011
@spyder880, what is the best wood to use in case to be in the self side in the worst condition?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ True to some extents, especially when soft wood is used, it could bend, or get weaker with the harsh suna and rain affecting it. What I have up there is the best quality hard wood and they can stay one month and retain their quality.
But I am still waiting on my client and he is aware of effect of weather agents on the wood.

Another great info . . . thanks again
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2011
@rastaman20, it all depends on the local name they call it where it is used. This wood I have up there are the 'inyi' wood and it was mixed with a little qty of 'ufi' when my suppliers ran out of the former. It is so strong that it bends nails when carpenters are nailing it.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2011
spyder880:

@rastaman20, it all depends on the local name they call it where it is used. This wood I have up there are the 'inyi' wood and it was mixed with a little qty of 'ufi' when my suppliers ran out of the former. It is so strong that it bends nails when carpenters are nailing it.

That means you will have to pay the carpenter extra money for extra work they have to do, cos you gave them wood that will bend nails now, so for them to unbend the nail and re-use am, that will be extra dough

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ my Oga, they should take it in their stride and do the job since its like that sometimes, not every builder will buy the hardwood, most times, its the soft wood I see people mounting on top of their house.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ Lol . . that is nice that you care about the roofing so much to make sure it is hard woods . . . .
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by atasteve: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2011
rastaman20:

Please teach us more.

Please I no fit teach o grin I be correct student for where professors like u dey.

My sister's and my roof were done by the same person and the jobs are still standing. That was why I said not in all cases.

I salute o. smiley
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2011
Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is the extent of this thread, created by oga spyder880.

where i like other masters and teachers and student learn everyday.

Everyday we learn.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ I join you say that too
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2011
@spyder880, from u vast experience, what adivice will u give to a new builder in roofing his or her building.?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2011
To do a very wide research some weeks before starting the roofing, there is more to a roof than meets the eye. cheesy
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ Nice One
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
spyder880:

To do a very wide research some weeks before starting the roofing, there is more to a roof than meets the eye. cheesy

My eyes are itching grin grin grin grin grin grin.

My pens are long waiting and my papers are cold now. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2011
Bring the teaching, wanna learn too

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.