Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) (117065 Views)

After Roofing A House, What's The Next Thing To Do? / Roofing A 3 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flat In Lagos / Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Akure (aluminium Phase) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Here again, to learn more

Welcome sir.

atasteve:

Please what guage is the best for roofing, 5.5 or 7?

If I am building a residential house where hopefully, people don't hurl rocks on the roof everyday grin, then I will comfortably use the 0.45 gauge, however if I am building a hall like in a factory, church or stadium where vibrations and noise from the machines or human activity abound, then I will go for the 0.55 gauge.
Rich individuals also use the 0.55 type to do residential homes and the price variance is not so wide, the 0.55 type is usually thicker but only about 10-15% costlier than the 0.45 type.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2011
Na you bikoooooooooooooooooo
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2011
spyder880:

This point was raised a short while ago and many said its the stone step tiles that absorbs noise the most, but I think most roofing sheets will absorb sound depending on what you use as ceiling for the roof.
Conclusion, what matters most in this case is using the correct ceiling on a roof to absorb noises cuased by rain.or both the roofing sheet and ceiling board should be of thesame category?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2011
rastaman20:

Conclusion, what matters most in this case is using the correct ceiling on a roof to absorb noises cuased by rain.or both the roofing sheet and ceiling board should be of thesame category?

The roof should be good and every care taken to see the ceiling stage is done taking the roof used into consideration.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:41pm On Jul 15, 2011
How far?
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2011
no have new photos? sad
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2011
No fotos yet becuase spyder880 is still drinking hot water. grin grin grin grin, put yourself in his shoes. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
naira is so down , how to do? i feel sorry for my customers, what time it ll go up? sad
i wish all the friend here import goods from oversea ll not lose too much money.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2011
rastaman20 (m) you r so funny.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2011
rastaman20:

No fotos yet becuase spyder880 is still drinking hot water. grin grin grin grin, put yourself in his shoes. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No bi small thing o grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by lovetosin: 12:26am On Jul 18, 2011
naira is so down , how to do? i feel sorry for my customers, what time it ll go up?
i wish all the friend here import goods from oversea ll not lose too much money

Dont worry liu-jenny,when i continue with my project, i have a lot to order from you, stone-coated alu,interior decors,lightings,furniture,spanish tiles, just stay on the thread,will contact you soonest,
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^ The $$ is affecting everything, but that is expected of a nation that consumes all and yet produce only "Un"pure water
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

^^^ The $$ is affecting everything, but that is expected of a nation that consumes all and yet produce only "Un"pure water

One day it shall come to an end, even if it take us 100years.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
rastaman20:

One day it shall come to an end, even if it take us 100years.

I wish it could be sooner, cos average Nigerian will surely cry over what is gonna happen with all these oh . . . . I heard $$ might climb as high as 180 Naira.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I wish it could be sooner, cos average Nigerian will surely cry over what is gonna happen with all these oh . . . . I heard $$ might climb as high as 180 Naira.

This time around , we dont have to call God again,,becuase Nigeria probelm is man made, time have reach for us to ask ourselfs a question.

Becuase everytime is God, Now is human, Na waooooooooo.

I GO BETTER , IS NOT SMALL MAN PRAYER AGAIN OOOOOOO. even big man now the shout. becuase the condition is now affecting everyone big or small.

One way or the other, all are now feeling the pain,

Anyway, make we face the topic we bring us together here before some one will shout at me grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2011
rastaman20:

This time around , we dont have to call God again,,becuase Nigeria probelm is man made, time have reach for us to ask ourselfs a question.

Becuase everytime is God, Now is human, Na waooooooooo.

I GO BETTER , IS NOT SMALL MAN PRAYER AGAIN OOOOOOO. even big man now the shout. becuase the condition is now affecting everyone big or small.

One way or the other, all are now feeling the pain,

Anyway, make we face the topic we bring us together here before some one will shout at me grin grin grin grin grin.

I so much agree with you.
America is facing a debt ceiling issue and their money is dropping against most currency, only Naira is falling against USA $$ and i wonder why.

The topic is related cos we no dey produce all that is needed for the roofing . . . .
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 3:28am On Jul 19, 2011
yes, nigerian friends buy Galvalume coil,aluminium coil, steel, to make roof from oversea.how about other expensive roof,,,,,like metro tile. and so on. now this make them more expensive ,

god bless nigerian friends, the common people looking for money and wanna a better life.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^ True Dat
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by estatemark(m): 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2011
Greatly informative thread. I am learning so much from it.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by estatemark(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
liujenny:

yes, nigerian friends buy Galvalume coil,aluminium coil, steel, to make roof from oversea.how about other expensive roof,,,,,like metro tile. and so on. now this make them more expensive ,

god bless nigerian friends, the common people looking for money and wanna a better life.

@ liujenny: can u publish quotes of products here as well. It will add more colours to this already exciting thread.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2011
we are stone coated steel roofing factory. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-714159.0.htmlnow we have 9 styles of the roof.

other things we dont do, out our city is ceramic city and decration city and furniture city,

1 Like

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
liujenny:

we are stone coated steel roofing factory. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-714159.0.htmlnow we have 9 styles of the roof.

other things we dont do, out our city is ceramic city and decration city and furniture city,   

Good topic, when the time comes, i will get in touch with u.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by liujenny(f): 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
you are welcome~~ grin

welcome to china,and feel free to ask me any questions about here,

one day you must come to visit US!! god bless my nigerian friends,
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by olisa1010: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
No new pics, does it mean that the roof is still wide open and exposed to rain etc.
Spider abeg bro updated us now before we waste way waiting for new pics.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2011
olisa1010:

No new pics, does it mean that the roof is wide open and exposed to rain etc.
Spider abeg bro updated us now before we waste way waiting for new pics.

Oga spyder880 is drinking hot water ooooooooooooooo, see me see wahala,,,,, na waoooo 4 u self.

Meant no harm, cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just for the joy of this thread.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2011
okey ooo
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:57am On Jul 23, 2011
I am still talking with the owner of this roof and action may start here maybe before ten days.
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by rastaman20(m): 1:07am On Jul 23, 2011
spyder880:

I am still talking with the owner of this roof and action may start here maybe before ten days.

I no dey easy, softly softly,

Man want to take some break cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:19am On Jul 23, 2011
spyder880:

Great news . . . . grin
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2011
Yhello
Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by compu(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2011
Am a Civil Engineer and I have been following threads on Nairaland, properties section for a while now. So I think its time for me to contribute my Quota so that all can benefit from it. Just give me the roof plan, Design sections of all sides and the dimensions, and I ll give you a correct or near-estimate and quantities of woodwork and area of Aluminium sheets to supply.
Things to note on roofing;
1. All carpenters estimate can never be the same, because they all have different ways of forming their Roof Trusses.
2. The same carpenter that can manage 100pcs of wood to roof a house, can also use 200pcs without remaining a single one.
3.the more the wood in your roof the stronger.
4. Lastly do not give the carpenter that carries out your Roof framework, your aluminium roofing sheet work. am talking from experience

N B: I jumped many threads, b4 writing this, accept my apology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roofing A 4 Bedroom Bungalow With Gatehouse (pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2011
compu:

Am a Civil Engineer and I have been following threads on Nairaland, properties section for a while now. So I think its time for me to contribute my Quota so that all can benefit from it. Just give me the roof plan, Design sections of all sides and the dimensions, and I ll give you a correct or near-estimate and quantities of woodwork and area of Aluminium sheets to supply.
Things to note on roofing;
1. All carpenters estimate can never be the same, because they all have different ways of forming their Roof Trusses.
2. The same carpenter that can manage 100pcs of wood to roof a house, can also use 200pcs without remaining a single one.
3.the more the wood in your roof the stronger.
4. Lastly do not give the carpenter that carries out your Roof framework, your aluminium roofing sheet work. am talking from experience

N B: I jumped many threads, b4 writing this, accept my apology.

Very good points, I wish you were here all these while. Welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

ELECTRICAL, AUDIO SYSTEM, CCTV, FIRE ALARM, ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATIONS.. / Lovely Designs For Nairalanders Who Wants To Build:Check in and Get yours / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.