Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * (1154 Views)

ANOTHER ONE — Mature Minds Only [Picture] / Jealousy Kill Relationships: How To Break Free From Your Jealousy / Tell Us Your Best Dating Site That You Can Recommend For Mature Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
Anyone noticed how temperaments play a huge role and deciding point in most relationships. A lot of research has been done on temperaments and the way they affect an individual's daily life. One that has become much widespread is the Four Temperaments, a proto-psychological theory by Greek physician Hippocrates as part of an ancient medical concept of humourism, that four bodily fluids affect human personality traits and behaviours. Modern medical science does not define a fixed relationship between internal secretions and personality, although some psychological personality type systems use categories similar to Hippocrates own.

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanguine_temperament?iorg_service_id_internal=1547440102204384%3BAfqlScxwGOjYCFAr

Temperaments play a huge role in determining compatibility, durability and longevity in a relationship.

Explaining the four temperaments innabit.

1 Like

Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 9:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
Sanguines*
Sanguine personality type is described primarily as being highly talkative, enthusiastic, active, and social. Sanguines tend to be more extroverted and enjoy being part of a crowd; they find that being social, outgoing, and charismatic is easy to accomplish. Individuals with this personality have a hard time doing nothing and engage in more risk seeking behavior.
They make good influencers, Comedians, marketers, sales reps, public icons and a whole lot of other social based disciplines. They are also known for being good con men/women, extremely disorganized, late comers and the forgetful lots.
Popular sanguines: Barrack obama, Kevin Hart, Mohamed Ali, Simom Peter, Will Smith, Albert einstein, Oprah Winfrey.

Cholerics*
Choleric individuals tend to be more extroverted. They are described as independent, decisive, goal-oriented, and ambitious. These combined with their dominant, result-oriented outlook make them natural leaders. They are extremely self centred and insensitive. They are natural born entrepreneurs, competitive athletes managers and rulers.
Popular cholerics: Steve Jobs, Elon musk, Donald Trump, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohammed Buhari, Alexander the great, Abacha, Genghis Khan, Jay z, Davido, Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kalu.

Melancholics*
Melancholic individuals tend to be analytical and detail-oriented, and they are deep thinkers and feelers. They are introverted and try to avoid being singled out in a crowd. A melancholic personality leads to self-reliant individuals who are thoughtful, reserved, and often anxious.They often strive for perfection within themselves and their surroundings, which leads to tidy and detail-oriented behavior. They are very critical, bipolar and most times withdrawn. They make good philosophers and creatives.
Popular melancholics: Kanye west, Michael Jackson, Wizkid, Leonardo DaVinci, Nikola Tesla, Fela Kuti, Ahmed Tinubu.

Phlegmatics*
Phlegmatic individuals tend to be relaxed, peaceful, quiet, and easy-going. They are sympathetic and care about others, yet they try to hide their emotions. Phlegmatic individuals are also good at generalising ideas or problems to the world and making compromises. They make good assistants, ceos and mediators.
Popular Phlegmatics: Lionel Messi, Moses in the bible, Nelson Madela, Mahatma Gandhi, Bill gates, Paul Wozniak.

Updates innabit.

1 Like

Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Daronyk(f): 9:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
Following
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by LiberatedGirl: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2021
It appears I'm a mixture of all 4 traits.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
A choleric man would definitely have troubles coexisting with with a Sanguine woman except he is patient enough. It's chaos against chaos and approval against insensitivity. A choleric is action driven and would not subscribe to the far fetched dreamy ideals of a sanguine.

A melancholic woman would also have issues dating a sanguine as they are opposites. She is neat, calm, time conscious and organized. A choleric man would do her no good as he is always in a mess, forgetful and goofy. He is the life of the party, she's instead more privy and insecure.

Phlegmatics are known to be the only kind compatible with all temperaments. They have a very accommodating spirit and can compromise, most times to their detriment.

Attached below is a table from wikipedia highlighting most features of the temperaments.

Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
LiberatedGirl:
It appears I'm a mixture of all 4 traits.
It's rare.
We're often a mixture of 2 temperaments.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by LiberatedGirl: 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
Negroid001:
It's rare.

Or maybe Everyone is a mixture of all. Maybe it's just like the Horoscope. If you read all the Horoscope without looking at the sign it's all related to human existence. When they say this is your Star you focus on the qualities of that sign and then you think it's closet to you. The Mind has a way of obeying instructions.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by aanuoluwami14(f): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
I don't know where I belong to.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
I don't know where I belong to.
There are free tests online.
Or i can send you a chart to solve yourself
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Or maybe Everyone is a mixture of all. Maybe it's just like the Horoscope. If you read all the Horoscope without looking at the sign it's all related to human existence. When they say this is your Star you focus on the qualities of that sign and then you think it's closet to you. The Mind has a way of obeying instructions.
Temperaments is not astrology. Ever wonder why certain people are the way they are?
Why certain families have certain traits?
Certain people excel in certain careers?
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by aanuoluwami14(f): 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2021
Negroid001:
There are free tests online.
Or i can send you a chart to solve yourself

That will be nice

2 Likes

Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
aanuoluwami14:

That will be nice
Send me a mail
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by LiberatedGirl: 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2021
Negroid001:
Temperaments is not astrology. Ever wonder why certain people are the way they are?
Why certain families have certain traits?
Certain people excel in certain careers?

You misunderstood me......I didn't say Temperaments where Astrology. What i said is Astrology is Psychology. If you check the World's Richest Men you will see their Birthdays fall in different months of the year meaning no Star sign has Financial Prosperity or achievement Success. All human beings have all the traits of each star.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by helinues: 12:10am On Dec 15, 2021
Well, temperament is sometimes a trait
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Hintona(f): 11:59am On Dec 15, 2021
Negroid001:
It's rare.

Not rare. You can have a mixture of three temperaments: secondary, primary and tertiary.

But these four temperaments are outdated even though they are the basics.

The big 5 personality or enneagram and MBTI are more accepted today.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2021
Hintona:

Not rare. You can have a mixture of three temperaments: secondary, primary and tertiary.

But these four temperaments are outdated even though they are the basics.

The big 5 personality or enneagram and MBTI are more accepted today.
Except you're the comical joker or a very good actor or pretender.
I took a personality test recently and everything basically rests on the genius of Hippocrates`s four temperaments. There are diverse methods nowadays. I still rely on the four temperaments.

I'd recommend Tim Lahaye`s "why you act the way you do" for you. It's a good read.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 7:11am On Dec 16, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

You misunderstood me......I didn't say Temperaments where Astrology. What i said is Astrology is Psychology. If you check the World's Richest Men you will see their Birthdays fall in different months of the year meaning no Star sign has Financial Prosperity or achievement Success. All human beings have all the traits of each star.
Astrology is something else of its own. People can actually give predictions by merely looking at the sky. Nowadays, the field is dominated by fraudsters.

Come to think of it, a star led 3 wise men to biblical Jesus. That's enough prove for me.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2021
Can we come back to the topic? Thank you.
I think temperament plays a role in relationships but mostly in how we express ourselves and play our roles. Regardless of ones temperament, we all have adaptative qualities and we can make compromises if it really matters.
I'm choleric, introverted but I adapt (not easily though) to people based on their needs and situations as they arise.

1 Like

Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
Can we come back to the topic? Thank you.
I think temperament plays a role in relationships but mostly in how we express ourselves and play our roles. Regardless of ones temperament, we all have adaptative qualities and we can make compromises if it really matters.
I'm choleric, introverted but I adapt (not easily though) to people based on their needs and situations as they arise.
Thank you.
Your case is interesting. Out of curiosity, what's your field of work?
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:52am On Dec 16, 2021
Negroid001:
Thank you.
Your case is interesting. Out of curiosity, what's your field of work?
Interesting
Customer Service and I run a growing business too.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Negroid001(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Interesting
Customer Service and I run a growing business too.
Most cholerics i know don't get along with people so well because of their demanding nature. Your customer service job is more for sanguines and phlegmatics. I like the business startup idea toh. Cholerics are daring and risk takers.
Re: Mature Minds.. Temperaments And Relationships. How Do They Correlate? * by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Negroid001:
Most cholerics i know don't get along with people so well because of their demanding nature. Your customer service job is more for sanguines and phlegmatics. I like the business startup idea toh. Cholerics are daring and risk takers.
I'm mostly interested in the Introvert-Extrovert energy continuum. I see these other features as what we can develop and work on. I might be wrong though.
I know a few too who don't get along with people because of that but I know some who find their way around it most of the time. For a lot of people, they don't want to work on themselves because this and that is their temperament. It's so lazy!

(1) (Reply)

She Left Me For A Richer Guy: I’M So Sad / I Keep Quitting Really Good Relationships With No Reason At All / You Too Dey Pack Soup, Don Cause Big Wahala Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.