Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures (28495 Views)

No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by ipobarethieves: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2021
sad
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Xzellentgraphic: 10:29am On Dec 14, 2021
UNN no be better school
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Vipro(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2021
What is even special about this medicine and surgery of a course.

5 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by vonlogon: 10:30am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:
Very good, this is the result of runs, especially private schools, check the weac result of these students adminted with this result. You will think they will set some records in the faculty: l even have one student with 5 A1 buy couldn't cope with NCE and she was advice to withdraw in the first semester. What a shame to private schools they really distroy standard of education, and many parents fell for thier scams thinking they are the best, Hello parents, they are in business, they are not after success of your child/children but rather destroy it, dont fall for their good waec result they preach to you, if you really want the best for your child let your child attend public school and then get good private home teachers for each of the five key subjects for the require department. Anyway this is not for everyone just for few parents that are shrew enough to understand.

I kind of agree with you.... But didn't this candidates take the post Jamb? Or they got aided there too? I won't argue because some parents believe in just pushing their children into the future
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 14, 2021
gerrisson:
UNN Medical Sciences, over-admit, then trim down to normal quota with mass failures. Their mantra since before Christ.

Every medical school does that, not just UNN

Medical school is surivial of the fittest. It's one of man's inventions to show boys and girls who think they were intelligent that they really aren't, and should think again. wink

The idea is to cut out potential doctors that would be easily prone to make mistakes before they graduate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:
Very good, this is the result of runs, especially private schools, check the weac result of these students adminted with this result. You will think they will set some records in the faculty: l even have one student with 5 A1 buy couldn't cope with NCE and she was advice to withdraw in the first semester. What a shame to private schools they really distroy standard of education, and many parents fell for thier scams thinking they are the best, Hello parents, they are in business, they are not after success of your child/children but rather destroy it, dont fall for their good waec result they preach to you, if you really want the best for your child let your child attend public school and then get good private home teachers for each of the five key subjects for the require department. Anyway this is not for everyone just for few parents that are shrew enough to understand.

You have reasoned in light

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Yankee101: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
They don't understand that massive failure is an indictment of the teachers

They should be fired too

I would fire them, including the management that did the atrocious admissions

3 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Bvmsson(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
Some of these guys that failed really worked their asses out. I Know of a guy last year that is a really good student at anatomy, physiology and medical biochemistry but failed 2nd MBBS last year but he pass this time around.

In medical school you do Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry which some people do separately for 4 years each, so if you calculate it you will spend 12 years studying the 3 courses.

Medical students have to do it in 18 months and are expected to pass them all which is the status quo but for want of time already lost to covid-19 and ASUU strike UNN crunched together the 18 months and made it 8 months.

I heard they even told them that if they don't write it this year they will be merged with the lower class. They were not given enough time for preparation.... Believe me the students who passed are really few and deserving but their are some who had 49, 49 and 49 .... They tried their best even with the short time.

The school is to be blamed for this number of casualties because they admitted too much students then send them to college of medicine who are really strict with quota. The more you admit above your quota the more casualties there'll be but the less you admit the less casualties there'll be... Example of too much admission is Ambrose Ali University Epkoma which failed over 300 students and passed their quota.

7 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by juniorstar(m): 10:34am On Dec 14, 2021
gerrisson:
UNN Medical Sciences, over-admit, then trim down to normal quota with mass failures. Their mantra since before Christ.
the easiest course to pass among yhe three is physiology..why will a candidate fail physiology.followed by anatomy then biochem

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by jamace(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2021
NNtv:
This is as a result of people who buy their way into the university. The so called VC also aid in admitting too many people just because of money.
Sieving the wheat from the chaff... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by adecz: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2021
❌❌❌

What is happening be say, two
scammers ( University & Parents) are struggling to outdo themselves

1) ⏩ The university admits about
25% on pure merit. The balance of
the admission into medicine are sold
for about N1.5 million per slot.

2) ⏩Parents who are adamant that their
children must read medicine enroll
their kids in WAEC "miracle centres"❗️

The students get 8 A's in the waec &
also maneuver JAMB. They get the
Medicine admission & can't cope, since
no be brain them use get brilliant
SSS papers.❌❌❌

At the end, it is the university that
laughs to the bank in this yearly
admission scam. While the parents
lose out, since mago-mago no fit dey
for medical school exams.

Parents should allow their kids read
what they are good at, not to force them
into wetin pass dem power☹️☹️☹️

One of the daughters of the late
Dora Akunyili read Fine Arts from
university, she is now based in the US
and one of her artworks recently
sold for $1m ( as in one million US dollars shocked ).

Emefiele's daughter also read Fine Arts
from Delta State university an is doing
very well in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by viyon02: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2021
vonlogon:

I kind of agree with you.... But didn't this candidates take the post Jamb? Or they got aided there too? I won't argue because some parents believe in just pushing their children into the future
you just got my point. Even post jamb can be runs,
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by The5DME(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2021
Massive failure.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:37am On Dec 14, 2021
gerrisson:
WAEC, yes. But you can't cheat in JAMB. Very, very difficult.

What of Post-UTME that is organised by the same UNN? Surely these students passed it all to get into the school
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by ppogba: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:

You have made valid, good points but it amazes me how people generalise about private schools helping their students pass Wasc.
There are private schools that drill their students like no man's business. And for your information, public schools are not better of in terms of cheating.
In every situation, garbage in, garbage out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by perdollar(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2021
This particular result is for medical rehab students and not the med/surg students. OP b warned

3 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by vickydevoka(m): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:
Exactly
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by streetsoldier1(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Zico5:
This is too bad. Even schools that are in the same category like UI, OAU, UNILAG are not failing their students like this.

because UI, OAU and Unilag dont admit olodos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Judolisco(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
If ur students dey fail like dis.. Then u have no business in lecturing

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by ppogba: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Nigerian students always with excuses to justify their failure.

Which one is admit too much only to trim down with mass Failure?
The people that passed have two heads abi?

Were you not expecting nemesis to catch up with you at the right junction?

Garbage in, garbage out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Judolisco(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2021
streetsoldier1:

because UI, OAU and Unilag dont admit olodos
only UI
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Alexaonfleek: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2021
I thought this only happened in some demonic state universities in the South.
So it also happens in federal universities too.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by GetMeRight: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2021
Zico5:
This is too bad. Even schools that are in the same category like UI, OAU, UNILAG are not failing their students like this.

U no sabi read? Na wa o
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by CSTRR: 10:44am On Dec 14, 2021
Everybody there failed anatomy.

Is it that difficult.?

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Milesbillions(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2021
UNN cannot never change....

During my days in biological sciences, the only course I had issue in is math111 but e no easy I swear.

grin

If I get money, I might still come back and study medicine. Till then

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by samdaisi: 10:48am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=viyon02 post=108477209]Very good, this is the result of runs, especially private schools, check the weac result of these students adminted with this result. You will think they will set some records in the faculty: l even have one student with 5 A1 buy couldn't cope with NCE and she was advice to withdraw in the first semester. What a shame to private schools they really distroy standard of education, and many parents fell for thier scams thinking they are the best, Hello parents, they are in business, they are not after success of your child/children but rather destroy it, dont fall for their good waec result they preach to you, if you really want the best for your child let your child attend public school and then get good private home teachers for each of the five key subjects for the require department. Anyway this is not for everyone just for few parents that are shrew enough to understand.[

Bro I think they were admitted base on their performances on post UME conducted by the school management supervising by the school of medical in UNN
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by GetMeRight: 10:49am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:

Why the focus and attacks on the private schools only? The last time I checked, private primary and secondary school students are by far and more brilliant than students in the public schools these days where most teachers only collect salaries. At the time of day, the parents of both sides go for mercenaries for their kids external exams. But on getting to the higher institutions, Dundees and empty headed from the public secondary schools will begin dropping off one by one.
Ask yourself why most parents are abandoning public primary and secondary schools and opting for the private ones?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by mayor1814: 10:50am On Dec 14, 2021
I love schools with high standards. Thumbs up to UNN, UI, ABU, OAU.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Bvmsson(m): 10:50am On Dec 14, 2021
mrvitalis:
Being a super lion myself I don't see anything wrong here

UNN has never and from what I'm seeing would never reduce is exam standards for the sake of anyone

UNN has the highest quota is Medical science in Nigeria ..and only those who meets the requirements should go to other departments

The likes of soludo and chimamanda also failed out of UNN medicine but went on to do well in life

You really amuse me .....
A lot of you think it's by talking abi... Who told you that chimamanda and soludo failed out of medical school? That's a very big lie. For the records UNN has one of the highest quota for medicine but UI has the highest quota for medicine in Nigeria.

The problem is that they admit a lot of students and trim them down just like the OP said.... What do you think they will do to a student population of over 500 writing an exam when their quota is less than 200? Answer me? I have a friend in UI studying medicine and he said they are not even up to their quota in number and after the exams there are less casualties....

Abeg make una dey get sense ooo...

4 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by ebuka333: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:
Don't cap nonsense, medical school is not ur mate... You can have parallel A's and still not pass.... Have u heard of closed marking before?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week / What Course Can She Read With This WAEC Results / Adey Orla Bags PhD In Biomedical Engineering From University Of Saskatchewan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.