Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,808 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures (28501 Views)

No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2021
neurosci:
[s]

Lol, you don’t know what you’re saying. When you talk about medicine, no school in West Africa is anywhere near UI. UI medical school is one of the best on the continent and among top 400 in the world. Don’t even start that conversation[/s].
The first open heart surgery was performed in university of Nigeria teaching hospital.
Go and read your history boy.. UNN medical school have always been the best.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Zico5(m): 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubakid:

The first open heart surgery was performed in university of Nigeria teaching hospital.
Igbo love controversy too much. I remember a guy on medical student thread comparing EBSU medical school to UI medical college. The best is to keep on looking at some of u. U lack basic knowledge and understanding.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2021
Zico5:

Igbo love controversy too much. I remember a guy on medical student thread comparing EBSU medical school to UI medical college. The best is to keep on looking at some of u. U lack basic knowledge and understanding.
Why not check out this history I just gave you now instead of all this rubbish you just typed now....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1847931/
This is the link to cure your ignorance.. UNN medical far ahead of UI..
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by neurosci: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubakid:

Things like open heart surgeries and other ground-breaking surgeries have nothing to do with med school. If anything, they connect to residency, not med school. Medical students don’t need to be exposed to all those ground-breaking procedures until they get to residency, depending on whatever specialty they choose. Now, tell me, what is the volume of research publication that comes out of UNN? Compare that volume to UI and we can continue this conversation.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2021
neurosci:
[s]

Things like open heart surgeries and other ground-breaking surgeries have nothing to do with med school. If anything, they connect to residency, not med school. Medical students don’t need to be exposed to all those ground-breaking procedures until they get to residency, depending on whatever specialty they choose. Now, tell me, what is the volume of research publication that comes out of UNN? Compare that volume to UI and we can continue this conversation[/s].
Nonsense!! I have you shown an example of how UNN are breaking boundaries in medical field and you still went ahead to type rubbish..

Until you show me an example of where UI medical school did made history in medical innovation then you can't compare it to UNN
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by neurosci: 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubakid:

Nonsense!! I have you shown an example of how UNN are breaking boundaries in medical field and you still went ahead to type rubbish..

Until you show me an example of where UI medical school did made history in medical innovation then you can't compare it to UNN

The problem is your ignorance - don’t understand the difference between medical school and residency. The boundaries you’re talking about have nothing to do with med school, rather they deal with residency, and only impacts people in that field. Uniben has the first stem cell transplant center in Nigeria; does that make it the best? I can start Googling stuff that UI has done, but that’s ignorant, I won’t stoop to your level. What does first open heart surgery do for a med student intending to specialize in dermatology? Again tell me about UNN publication and citation volume and compare that to UI’s.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
neurosci:

[s]
The problem is your ignorance - don’t understand the difference between medical school and residency. The boundaries you’re talking about have nothing to do with med school, rather they deal with residency, and only impacts people in that field. Uniben has the first stem cell transplant center in Nigeria; does that make it the best? I can start Googling stuff that UI has done, but that’s ignorant, I won’t stoop to your level. What does first open heart surgery do for a med student intending to specialize in dermatology? Again tell me about UNN publication and citation volume and compare that to UI’s.[/s]

You have nothing tangible to prove.. most of the surgeons that performed the open heart surgery then where professors in UNN.. there was a reason it was done in UNN which is because UNN is the best. For citation and publication, UNN have done many. But the thing about Nigeria publication and citation is that it remains in paper, people that owns it doesn't use it to solve Nigerian's challenges.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Zico5(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubakid:

Why not check out this history I just gave you now instead of all this rubbish you just typed now....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1847931/
This is the link to cure your ignorance.. UNN medical far ahead of UI..
I laughed, UNN medical far ahead of UI. I don't need to argue with u. It will seems as if I'm descending too low. Google is Ur friend if truly u wish to learn. Shikena
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Zico5:
[s]
I laughed, UNN medical far ahead of UI. I don't need to argue with u. It will seems as if I'm descending too low. Google is Ur friend if truly u wish to learn. Shikena[/s]

You have nothing else to say,oga .. UNN medical school is far superior than UI's own..
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 16, 2021
ppogba:
Nigerian students always with excuses to justify their failure.

Which one is admit too much only to trim down with mass Failure?
The people that passed have two heads abi?

Were you not expecting nemesis to catch up with you at the right junction?

Garbage in, garbage out.
Dangote get two heads
Why u no de rich lik him?

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Emma2Seconds: 3:33pm On Jan 17
kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployable / Ezinne Okeke Gets Yam, Beans And Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student Of COOU / Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.