Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life (8856 Views)

Suleiman Momoh Paid A Bribe Of 10 Million Naira - Sahara Reporters / Magu: I Have Never Received Bribe All My Life / Atiku Agreed On A Bribe To Sell Off NITEL - Henry Shield (2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by benjackugo: 5:45am On Dec 15, 2021
Former interim chairman of APC and ex-Governor of Osun State, Bisi Akande, has said that he has never given or demanded a bribe all his life, IgbereTV reports.

In his autobiography “My Participations” unveiled last Thursday, Akande said his take-home pay while in office was nothing compared to what he earned when he was in public service and that he never ventured into collecting bribes or giving any while in office.

He wrote;

“As SSG and Deputy Governor, my take home pay was much lower than what I was earning as an executive of BP. In the two offices I held, I had no authority to approve government expenditure. I never took bribe and never gave bribe to anyone.

No one ever wrote any petition against me to the EFCC, ICPC or the police for any fraud or wrongdoing during my term of office.

I never gave or demanded bribe from anyone all my life. All of us who served in my government, all my commissioners and others, came out the way we went in. No one was richer and not a single one of my political appointees was indicted after we left office despite that an opposition party came to power after us.

The house of assembly may have found common cause with Omisore because of money. The members complained that we did not give them money and cars. We could not because we simply did not have money.

The trick, I was told, was that any time a notice of trade dispute was served to the government, the Osun State leadership of the Joint Negotiating Councils, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, the National Union of Local Government Employees and the Nigerian Labour Congress would be bribed with money to soft-pedal and cooperate with the government,”
he said.

https://igberetvnews.com/1409055/bisi-akande-never-given-demanded-bribe-life/

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by AlexBells(m): 5:52am On Dec 15, 2021
grin

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Freestainworld(m): 5:54am On Dec 15, 2021
Mumu man, this Buhari you are defending will lead you to a part of no return

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:55am On Dec 15, 2021
If this is true, God bless you Mr Bisi.
If otherwise, adabi tins.

We Rise.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Aufbauh(m): 6:05am On Dec 15, 2021
Freestainworld:
Mumu man, this Buhari you are defending will lead you to a part of no return

You see & perceive everything through your disdain for Buhari. This has been the problem with most of you guys......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by helinues: 6:07am On Dec 15, 2021

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by BigSarah(f): 6:10am On Dec 15, 2021
angry grin grin

aint mujrim
Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by BlackfireX: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2021
A yoruba man not taking bribe

grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by insidelife22(m): 6:22am On Dec 15, 2021
yes yes.
Buhari in 2027 in his autograph "I have never been to Aso Rock".

22 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Maxymilliano(m): 6:43am On Dec 15, 2021
If Baba Akande was honest with no records of graft as claimed, why then was he sentenced and jailed for corruption by the Buhari regime 37 years ago

Bisi Akande was jailed for 44 years in 1984 by Buhari military regime

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Amotolongbo(f): 6:49am On Dec 15, 2021
As an indigene and resident of Osun State from 1999 to 2003, I can still believe Baba Akande on this.

The only thing that can make my belief a bit shaky is that “he is a politician. Outside that, nothing else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by donbachi(m): 6:52am On Dec 15, 2021
Amaechi brother.

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by iCauseTrouble: 7:39am On Dec 15, 2021
But you are the worst governor Osun State ever had. I can remember your tenure vividly cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by nairaman66(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
The same thing Buhari told us in 2015. Chronic lies from an elder. The APC has been synonymous with lies

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by IMASTEX: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
Same way my grandma was a virgin throughout her life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by seunlayi(m): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
This is a lie

5 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by flejnr2(f): 7:43am On Dec 15, 2021
Its not a lie he only collects gratification

4 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2021
Might be true might not be..you do have a moral sense..
Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by RichDad1(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2021
This man here, is a truly Omoluabi.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by TimmyTen(m): 7:44am On Dec 15, 2021
He is talking from another planet. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by usolarrk: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
Will this man shut up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by ogododo: 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by ajbabs(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2021
You can only deceive yourself.
Your administration ruined so many lives and families while you were recklessly sacking people without tangible reasons but with propaganda. On mass, people kicked your ass away from government house in 2003.
Your commissioner of finance and the Secretary to State Government among others were detained in the SIB Osogbo until they returned looted fund they connived with you to steal.
May be you have forgotten, Akande bought 14 inch televisions which were being sold at that time for about #14,000 into Government Secretariat for precise amount of #106,000 per one. What about inflated beds you bought into governor house. Have you forgotten that you (and your administration) claimed that bought one bed for about #2,500,000 then between 1999 and 2003?
You were the worst governor of Osun State of all time. Your administration was full of pains and agony. How people can easily forgot evil people and their works!
You were jailed for 44 years for corruption by wicked Buhari military administration in 1984.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by clothingonline(m): 7:49am On Dec 15, 2021
People with utmost integrity still live in naija

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Harneyprojects: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2021
Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Samnavy: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2021
This man is a fool

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by Judolisco(m): 7:51am On Dec 15, 2021
But u gave us buhari... I'll allow obasanjo reply you.. I'm sure baba is still writing his letter...

1 Like

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by gambia(m): 7:52am On Dec 15, 2021
You are a big fool.

2 Likes

Re: Bisi Akande: I Have Never Given Or Demanded A Bribe All My Life by HRMK: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2021
pa akande is one of the few nigerian politicians i can trust!if he says he was never involved in bribery,am ready to give him the benefit of doubt!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Submits Nomination And Expression Of Interest Forms / A Brief Encounter With General Buhari / "DSS Has Proven That I'm Not Boko Haram's Sponsor" - Ali Modu Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.