Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,320 members, 7,842,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion (14598 Views)

Malami Writes Buhari, Admits Nigeria Cannot Win OPL 245 Court Cases / ‘I Owned Lucrative Businesses’ — Malami Writes Buhari Over Corruption Allegation / Remove Magu - Malami Writes Buhari. Accuses EFCC Boss Of Money Diversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Donedeal1(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2021
Welcome to the election year, all will be about election.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by POLYGAMY: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
WHATEVER MALAMI IS SMOKING IS VERY STRONG I SWEAR

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Lovenorth: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2021
The boss has spoken and that's final
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by MartinsOnyx(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2021
bigpicture001:

You don't know politics at all.. who proposed direct primary to outs ambode..?

Who proposed direct primary at the APC in Edo that made obaseki to lose..

Both are tinubu.. that is his most trusted weapon to win a primary election... He is the one pushing for this direct primary
You know politics. Obaseki wasn't allowed to face the primaries( direct or indirect). He was disqualified by the screening committee over some frivolous academic discrepancies

5 Likes

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by obinoral1179(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2021
Leverage2021:
Greed would make a man fall hard like potato

He is aware the leadership of the party is not on his side yet want to go into a contest

Kano,Kaduna,kastina,Zamfara,Jigawa,Sokoto,kebbi party structures already in pro buharists hands

Yobe,bauchi,Adamawa, gombe,Taraba party structures in pro buharists hands

Plateau,Kogi,nassarawa,Benue,FCT party structures in pro buharists hands

Rivers,Delta,Akwa Ibom,Bayelsa,cross river party structures in pro buharists hands

All eastern party structures are anti bullion van

Ekiti party structures already in pro buharists hands

Let the convention and primaries begin
You are naive, if it's so let them organize the convention tomorrow and test their popularity....

3 Likes

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by eldoradoxx: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Under the direct primary which Malami and Buhari are against , what qualifies you to vote at a party primary is your Party membership card signifying that u are a registered party member. Under the indirect primary, the politicians themselves elect delegates representing various wards and interest groups within the party such as former officials of the party, former or present political appointees and office holders in the party.
The implication is that direct primary fully democratizes the electoral system by bringing out quality government or representation in that u must satisfy the greater majority of your party members who you may not be capable of fully cover with ur bribe, that u are the best to fly the party' s flag.
Indirect primary is a cash and carry system. Just keep enough money to buy the delegates and u get the party flag as its candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2021
The truth is that Tinubu is not afraid of direct primary. And I keep wondering why others are afraid of direct.

Well, as it is, let us keep watching if Buhari will sign it into law or not. But I know direct is the best for democracy.

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by sanpipita(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2021
I agree with malami on this one, direct primaries are even more fraudulent

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Laggafin: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2021
The game is on.. Anything to bring down the jagar ban dit of Lagos grin grin

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by POLYGAMY: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2021
Laggafin:
The game is on.. Anything to bring down the jagar ban dit of Lagos IRAGBIJI grin grin
BE INFORMED

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Laggafin: 9:38am On Dec 17, 2021
POLYGAMY:
BE INFORMED
Hahahahaha grin ok bro.. have been reliably informed

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by akpunda86: 9:38am On Dec 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Newyorkitis(m): 9:41am On Dec 17, 2021
Let us try it first, then we can correct the confusion. Afterall, there is nothing that has not changed over the years.
Very lame excuse by Malami!

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by princdebola201(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2021
Leverage2021:

He is aware the leadership of the party is not on his side yet want to go into a contest

Kano,Kaduna,kastina,Zamfara,Jigawa,Sokoto,kebbi party structures already in pro buharists hands

Rivers,Delta,Akwa Ibom,Bayelsa,cross river party structures in pro buharists hands

ipob bureau of politicscheesy

There is nothing like pro buhari in Apc. Every member of APC is literally pro Buhari including tinubu because he is the leader of All.

In APC you re either in ACN caucus or CPC caucus.
80% of the states you mentioned belong to Acn cacus. ACN is the largest shareholder of APC formation till this moment the disgruntled minority can't pull any string than bide time for r grandstanding.
The only anti-Tinubu element is badru,fayemi,el rufai, and bagudu.
Some are neutral while majority re on Acn caucus.
90% of APC national assembly caucus with both senate president and speaker re on asiwaju camp.
If you think it is only Asiwaju you re fighting then you re naive.
If Asiwaju pull out of APC today the party will die a natural death. Buhari is not a politician that can manage party crisis thats why the party keep going through internal squabbles

3 Likes

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Freebills12: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
Leverage2021:

Why do you people lie like Satan? Has Buhari since 2003 won any election in Eastern region (south south and south east) why are you shouting River, Bayless, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River pro Buhari? Taraba, Benue, Gombe, Edo have been in PDP hands...

1 Like

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by OfficialAPCNig: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2021
Leverage2021:

He is relying on LAGOS 15 million voters to win the direct primary.

2 Likes

Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by hotseat: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Sometimes I begin to question the mindset of this man.

As a SAN he should know that constitutions are not cast on stones and are subject to amendment as prevailing circumstances dictate.

If governments the world over do amend their constitutions, political parties cannot be exceptions.

A political party cannot be greater than its country.

All they (political parties) need to do is to amend the relevant section concerning how political parties produce their candidates.

No more, no less!

On direct primaries we stand!

Indirect primaries are subject to manipulations by the powers that be.

This Senior Advocate of Nonsense (SAN) should keep his jaundiced opinion to himself!
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2021
jeff1993:
Dem don start

Please NL family .... I need someone to mentor me on any digital money making skilll ..... I am broke and I don't want to be broke next year.... U can reach me out on my email olisajeff@gmail.com
Check this out and thank me later....
https://t.i.n.y.u.r.l.com/2p8cbbc8
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Leverage2021: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Why do you people lie like Satan? Has Buhari since 2003 won any election in Eastern region (south south and south east) why are you shouting River, Bayless, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River pro Buhari? Taraba, Benue, Gombe, Edo have been in PDP hands...
we are talking of who owns APC in the various states heading into a primary or convention
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by moodyguy: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Our defacto President has spoken. His decision is final as far as this administration is concerned.
National Assembly will VETO BUBU
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
The truth is that Tinubu is not afraid of direct primary. And I keep wondering why others are afraid of direct.

Well, as it is, let us keep watching if Buhari will sign it into law or not. But I know direct is the best for democracy.
Direct primary will be costing a lot of money.

Not all Political parties will be able to afford it
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by snoopz: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2021
parties constitutions should be flexible and not rigid, because the operate in line with the laid down rules of the inec...
I don't know what point malami is driving at here, but I'm sure he is obviously fighting for one man wey don drop something inside his aza to secure his indirect primary dreams
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2021
hisexcellency34:
Madlami..one of the problems we have in this country

LIAR! Malami: The ONLY problem we have in Nigeria. You sef!
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Bluntemperor: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2021
Leverage2021:

Blood and Flesh did not revealed this to you!
The Vultures are gathering until the Day of Jackal,whose missions is destruction and self presentation=greed!
I pity the Nigerian Youths who can't vote their conscience,as he is faced with basic lack and Politicians will do everything to shine in Elections time!
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Rexwalters1: 10:55am On Dec 17, 2021
JavaScript9091:
Immediately I saw that tinubu was in support of direct primaries I knew that the idea was dead on arrival because the nothern politicians who are hell bent on clipping tinubus wings won't support such
I am not insinuating you had any before, but it t seems like Bola Ahmed Tinubu has made you lose your little sense of reasoning, which has now made you a Tinubu Zombie Wailer?
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by seunowa(f): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Leverage2021:

Continue basking in an euphoria of stewpidiity and ignorance
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by Coolgent(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2021
AGF Malami the tormentor of drug baron
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by slivertongue: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2021
Racoon:
Perhaps the presidency cabal are up to something sinister. Buhari benefitted from the delegate system so why now forcing the sole direct primary system on the polity? Direct primary enhances participatory democracy as against the easily influenced indirect delegate system.

However, why are these people not concerned with passing the amended electoral law to strengthen our electoral hence democratic processes instead of obessessing themselves on how the political parties produce their electoral candidates?

Direct primary is good but it ain't as easy as on paper. Nigerian politicians will do worse than they did with indirect primary. We are simply pretending as if we didn't revert to indirect primary because of the inflated figures from 1999 primaries. Alot of states had issues especially PDP States. In one state 10k was added to give a candidate victory as both were on 100k. If with a few delegates in one location, the election wasnt transparent is it when it is held at different venues with more party members that there won't be
confusion &rigging? Delegate system also tried to narrow the gap of population. A presidential candidate from Bayelsa no matter how popular may never defeat a presidential candidate from Rivers based on the present reality. Nigeria's political parties don't have functional party register.
All these parties don't have real time members, all they have are political investors who in turn hire thugs to see that their investments yield dividends. Today's Nigeria ain't in the mode of Nigeria of 1999, direct or indirect the rogue elites are still in charge, infact they will tighten their grip on power. How? Register o yes members who will take peanuts and vote for them. Be rest assured that many fronts will exist. ie multiple primaries will be conducted by different factions. Funding will still come from politicians, the citizens are poorer compared to 1999.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by orisa37: 11:59am On Dec 17, 2021
MALAMI IS A CABAL, A DSS AND A TERRORIST.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by muykem: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
I don't believe this reason stated above came from Malami. A law student will not come with such unintelligent arguments.
Re: Malami Writes Buhari, Says Mandatory Direct Primaries Will Cause Confusion by orisa37: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2021
MALAMI IS A CABAL, A DSS AND A TERRORIST.

HE IS TERRORIZING POLITICAL PARTIES OTHER THAN APC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Enterprising Five-to-nine Work Ethic- BBC / See The Picture Of A Tradional Wedding My Friend Attended In Ogoni, River State / "The Coming Of Buhari's Change Agents" By Garba Shehu (ssa To Buhari)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.