Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,007 members, 7,828,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51894 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mfm04622: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...OP is something else..

Na the bike money remove his common sense...

No forward plans..Just living for the moment.

That is normal with youths of nowadays
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by KellyGatzz(m): 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
Where do you stay? Maybe I could help
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by porthouse7(f): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

He actually aimed for my head but missed and hit my knee.
move on go rent ur own apartment

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Vaiki(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
you are à stupid person,you resigned with no plan.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
You supposed to get accommodation before putting down your resignation letter to avoid problem, what the man did was very very wrong he may be charge for assault but owing you December salary and not paying you is very bad
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nten: 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=Witnesstony28 post=108809833]Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life! [/quote/)

Since you have gotten an apartment, park your belongings and charge him for assault, battery and constituting nuisance. Your fault is only staying in the apartment after tendering resignation but has no right to inflict injury on another person while exercising his right. If you worked for the month he is owing you , tender that complaint also and ensure that money is paid. There is limitations to right!
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Munzy14(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
mfm04622:

That is normal with youths of nowadays
Very terrible.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by peedeeasobie(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2021
mummymum:

Why should he go to the police when he himself is guilty. I just pray the man will deal with him drastically. You that advice him, if you were the owner of the school, I hope you will accommodate him because he's your brother. Instead of him to use the little that he has to find a small place and relocate let him go and look for more problems this Christmas at the end you his adviser will not be there to rescue him.

Are you sure you read what I wrote or you read your mind?

Secondly, the fact that he didn't pack out when they asked him to isn't enough reason for the man to injure him

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by shonepet: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
Brother so sorry for the injury.
Let me be straight with you.
You are not supposed to resign without first securing an accommodation.
You are not supposed to resign without first collecting your December salary.
This is the system here in most job.
Except the school sacks you, then you have a case to claim more time.
Please do not touch the elderly man or any other person that may confront you.
Avoid trouble at all cost even if it comes looking for you.
Look for a place to pack to ASAP. Do not go to Police to waste your time. Use the money for police to add to ur house rent.
Thanks
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Depressed101: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

have you reported to the police, if not do so now
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
Nazgul:
I just read your previous thread, and to be honest, you're didn't take the right decision.

Like what were you thinking, you literally threw away a free accommodation job to go and ride okada...you don't have anywhere on ground to lay your head yet you hurriedly rushed and tendered your resignation letter for okada business, do you know how dangerous riding okada is?

I thought that with all the advice you received from that thread you'd at least make the best out of your teaching job by approaching parents for private tutorials and other side Hussle as cash comes in.

In life you don't take decisions without weighing the consequences, now you've been thrown out of your home what's your next step, can the little income you make from okada be enough for you to rent an accommodation?

As for the landlord, he's right, you have no business in that house cos he didn't sack you, you left willingly so he expected you to vacate their premises on the agreeded date, unfortunately you didn't, so he felt what are you doing here since you're no longer with us.

Finally, don't waste your time and money going to the police station, cos they'll charge you to open case file, and close the case once the school explains their carefully edited side of the story, and of course palm greasing would be done so you won't get any justice.

"As for the landlord, he's right, you have no business in that house cos he didn't sack you, you left willingly so he expected you to vacate their premises on the agreeded date, unfortunately you didn't, so he felt what are you doing here since you're no longer with us."

The landlord hitting him with a rod is totally wrong and should be condemned.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
kachistone:

This your response unnecessary. Yes the time given to the OP to leave the house has expired but if OP reports the man, the case can turn to attempted murder.

Attempted murder keh, when I came to drive out a thief and an intruder away from my property. The man hit him in order to defend himself from the thief and intruder
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by George2164(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
There is always a story in a man's life. Take it up as a challenge. Let it motivate you morning and night to work smarter and harder to make it in life.
I await your success boss.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by chaloskyx: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
CAUSE THATS HIS SOURCE OF INCOME PACKOUT !!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Hkff: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
Really
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by determination21(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
OP wise up in all your doings.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by determination21(m): 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
shonepet:
Brother so sorry for the injury.
Let me be straight with you.
You are not supposed to resign without first securing an accommodation.
You are not supposed to resign without first collecting your December salary.
This is the system here in most job.
Except the school sacks you, then you have a case to claim more time.
Please do not touch the elderly man or any other person that may confront you.
Avoid trouble at all cost even if it comes looking for you.
Look for a place to pack to ASAP. Do not go to Police to waste your time. Use the money for police to add to ur house rent.
Thanks

Thank you for this, this is why I told him to wise up in all his doings.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by gassbee: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2021
mediclife1987:

Is okada really that dangerous?
Na okada I dey always spend #1,500 on everyday go work.
So you mean I'm playing 2odds with my life?
no worry na until dem hang one of your leg for igbobi
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by tpapi: 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
Op b like those type wey dey give landlord problem, rent go expire, dem no gree comot for house instead dem go look for ways to drag matter for court
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by gassbee: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Panda7:
op why u no give am smack-down?
all this old men with bloated ego
e b like say u no want make op come out alive for that compound
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by goody234: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
babavik:
Why do some Nigerians ave this shitty entitlement mentality?
They gave you free accommodation because you work in their school, you tendered your resignation "wholeheartedly" and you still want to remain in their house. Are you crazy?
They gave you enough time and even extended it for you maybe that was what gave you the audacity to think you can go to police and make a stupid case.
What if they have employed a new teacher to replace you who will also need accommodation? Will you start telling them this your BS ?
Why didn't you save enough money to cover for your accommodation be tendering your resignation letter?
Just get out of that house. You can't eat your cake and still have it.

how much is enough time ?..quit notice is normally 3 months what are you talking
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmyN(m): 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

So you had to wait till you got in a fight before you made any effort to find an apartment. I'm afraid you are not very wise. I followed the previous thread and you received very good advises but chose to jettison them all angry

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by babavik: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
goody234:

how much is enough time ?..quit notice is normally 3 months what are you talking
Dear goody234, the guy is not a tenant per say. His school gave him "FREE ACCOMMODATION" because he is "WORKING FOR THEM" he "IS NOT" paying rent. He tendered his resignation "wholeheartedly" thereby "TERMINATING" his contract with the school that give him free accommodation. He wasn't forced to resign.
So this has nothing to do with 3 months whatever.
So he should move.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by goody234: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
babavik:

Dear goody234, the guy is not a tenant per say. His school gave him "FREE ACCOMMODATION" because he is "WORKING FOR THEM" he "IS NOT" paying rent. He tendered his resignation "wholeheartedly" thereby "TERMINATING" his contract with the school that give him free accommodation. He wasn't forced to resign.
So this has nothing to do with 3 months whatever.
So he should move.

Notwithstanding he still needs some time to move and the owner throwing his stuff out is just plain wrong .....he has every right to call the police and get that owner locked up ..."FREE ACCOMMODATION" or not .
Thats the problem with Nigeria too many cowboys running around thinking they know it all
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by babavik: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2021
goody234:

Notwithstanding he still needs some time to move and the owner throwing his stuff out is just plain wrong .....he has every right to call the police and get that owner locked up ..."FREE ACCOMMODATION" or not .
Thats the problem with Nigeria too many cowboys running around thinking they know it all
I wonder what you mean by "cow boys", in developed climes contracts are being honoured to the core and should anything happen it must be mutual.
The agreed to separate mutually, common sense should have told him his is to vacate even before writhing resignation letter.
You don't bring sentiment and emotions where logic should be applied.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by justmondris: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
He went too far but you made a mistake for not packing out from your official accommodation, immediately after your resignation.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by goody234: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
babavik:

I wonder what you mean by "cow boys", in developed climes contracts are being honoured to the core and should anything happen it must be mutual.
The agreed to separate mutually, common sense should have told him his is to vacate even before writhing resignation letter.
You don't bring sentiment and emotions where logic should be applied.

In developed climes you don't have owners being a law unto themselves and throwing a persons stuff out ...it will never happen !! the owner will go the legal route to get him out ...Are we not a lawful country again what has common sense got to do with an idiot owner throwing a grown mans stuff out ...Lawless behaviour is our norm in nigeria , let that owner try that with me that his head will be bust open ..idiot man !!
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by babavik: 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
goody234:

In developed climes you don't have owners being a law unto themselves and throwing a persons stuff out ...it will never happen !! the owner will go the legal route to get him out ...Are we not a lawful country again what has common sense got to do with an idiot owner throwing a grown mans stuff out ...Lawless behaviour is our norm in nigeria , let that owner try that with me that his head will be bust open ..idiot man !!
In developed climes he will be sensible enough to know that prolonging his stay is a crime and he will move so why not replicate the same here.
Common sense, being logical in reasoning is something many people unfortunately done have.
I AM NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE MAN HITTING HIM BUT AGAINST HIS UNWISE DECISION
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by cooltola(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
No one is above mistake, he made a mistake.someone should help this man. No need for blaming the man, the man needs a place to stay, if you can help, help
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ogunleti01: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

We should all have asked the Op whether where he stays is a rented apartment. Since you were given that space on the basis of being a teacher in that school you suppose to have sorted things out before tendering ur resignation! You don't eat your cake and still have it
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Amanda4life: 9:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

SEXY ,NICE LAP, anyway
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Bigchristo: 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
safarigirl:

According to which law?

Is he paying rent on that property? Or do you think it is everybody that is entitled to eviction notice?

Once again, according to which law do they give 3-weeks eviction notice over property that is basically given only on condition of service?
Basically you all supports the act of the man fighting him and kicking him out on the street! Common don’t use evil to pay evil when some people choose to leave your business place for you it can be blessing in disguise

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Men Chase Me At The Wheels – Female Danfo Driver (pic) / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.