Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51893 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2021
Leave the apartment asap and charge him for attempt murder, batter and property damages. See him begging and your salary would be paid

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blackgold2018(m): 8:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.
im telling you.
What an entitled senseless fool

What’s the landlords business wheather he has gotten a new place or not. He even gave op the mercy of few more days.

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2021
This op is very foolish and daft. A teacher for that matter! Please vacate the apartment, cause I can bet my hairy balls that you'll do worse. You can't eat your cake and have it.

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:34am On Dec 25, 2021
Report to the police,they will extend your stay
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by babavik: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2021
Why do some Nigerians ave this shitty entitlement mentality?
They gave you free accommodation because you work in their school, you tendered your resignation "wholeheartedly" and you still want to remain in their house. Are you crazy?
They gave you enough time and even extended it for you maybe that was what gave you the audacity to think you can go to police and make a stupid case.
What if they have employed a new teacher to replace you who will also need accommodation? Will you start telling them this your BS ?
Why didn't you save enough money to cover for your accommodation be tendering your resignation letter?
Just get out of that house. You can't eat your cake and still have it.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by otomatic(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
You should have packed out on the day you resigned.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by OluwaJohn77: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
Bros y u no plot ur graph well? U don't need to resign, collect your money and japa....I don't know y this private school Owners behave as if they are God
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by dandig(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Kingsasian:
I still remember that thread you created. But op you really took a wrong decision,in short you took a foolish decision. Even a primary school kid will do better. Please vacate that premises it is not even the usual accommodation sef, this is an official apartment. Where will the new teacher stay if you are still living there?
I learnt from my mum that before a monkey leaves a tree branch, he already has his right hand on another. This parable points that before you choose to leave a job, apartment, you must have already prepared for another one. Leave the apartment, squat somewhere and find yourself again. Tick-tock! The clock is ticking for you to get up and hustle again...leave other distractions like police abi court abi video evidence...SAFE

8 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nazgul: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Report to the police,they will extend your stay
I have to disagree with you.

He's only entitled to an extended stay if it was a rented apartment and he was given quit notice.

In this case it's an official apartment, meaning whoever they employ to fill up the vacant position will obviously live there.

And to make matter worse, he wasn't sacked by the school, he left willingly, if he was sacked he can claim he doesn't have where to stay, then the police can buy him some time from the school.

He can't win this case in the police station, it's very simple, you tendered a resignation letter, and have stopped teaching their students, why block the apartment. He has to vacate their premises.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Witnesstony28: 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Bluezy13(m): 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

Sometimes, when I encounter problems that will make me very confused or have difficulty in decision making, what I always ask myself is;
"What would Nairalanders say ?"

That question always cause me to view situations from many points... the good, the bad, the unexpected comments, the unsympathetic, the encouraging, the stoopid, the unreasonable, and the funny ones.

I have never created a thread.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blackgold2018(m): 7:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
Witnesstony28:

fool you are still ranting against the man

Ungrateful entitled vagabond

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Kingsasian(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
dandig:

I learnt from my mum that before a monkey leaves a tree branch, he already has his right hand on another. This parable points that before you choose to leave a job, apartment, you must have already prepared for another one. Leave the apartment, squat somewhere and find yourself again. Tick-tock! The clock is ticking for you to get up and hustle again...leave other distractions like police abi court abi video evidence...SAFE
no mind am

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by DemMannaScam: 8:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
Your boss?
Commot for him house, he is not ur boss anymore...

E be like say u be jonsing man.

Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.

10 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Blessings2alfa: 8:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hi

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Witnesstony28: 8:16am On Dec 26, 2021
blackgold2018:
fool you are still ranting against the man

Ungrateful entitled vagabond

You must be abysmally foolish!
If you don't have anything to say, fool fvck off before ⚡ fire your stupid hands �!

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2021
Pls leave his premises.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!

How?

He was an intruder in the man's property

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by nedekid: 9:47am On Dec 26, 2021
Pls leave the man's apartment. You don't wish to work with them again yet don't want to leave instead want to be difficult and cause trouble.
Your best bet is pack immediately and look for somewhere to hang on. Anybody that advices you otherwise hates you.

10 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ominilongest(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2021
Don't report my g,or u will end up having an aparti in Panti
Police is not ut friend,a broke citizen for that matter,think
God will help you

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by nedekid: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2021
dandig:

You mum na wise woman.

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by FarahAideed: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2021
You have not figured out accommodation and yet you resigned ..I doubt you know what you are doing sef

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

Don't let anyone deceive you, if you think your decision is the best for you, that is your decision.

Never listen to idiots on nairaland, you are doing the right thing, taking a risk and wanting more for yourself, the man pays you 30k per month and i think you can make more with your okada business, imagine if you save up from the okada business to get more okada, the same people criticizing you, will be the same to hail you. Do what you think is best for you, not what other people think its best for you.

As for the man, who assaulted you, I will advice you to report to the police and get a lawyer, the man does not have right to attack.

What if he had made you paralyzed? So he would have just said sorry and leave you in pains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blessgreg: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2021
U resign from working for someone, u still HV d gods to stay in their building, u no get shame o. Who does that, u think they are fools. If u can't work for them, don't use their

12 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Karemarealty288(m): 9:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Op your case is practical example of Villlage people...

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by InvertedHammer: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
/

People have plans before they reign but you resigned before you have plans.

How do you want to keep living in a facility after resigning from an organization? You are trespassing and the owner should have had you arrested. You are unnecessarily provocative. He was even kind enough not to have given you only 24hrs to vacate his premises.

/

9 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blessgreg: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2021
U are very funny. U want to eat ur cake and have it. U resign and still want to be on their building, who does that. Abeg pack commot for person house.

9 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ocholu: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

How?

He was an intruder in the man's property

Na you make am intruder?? He was living there legally. Until the unfortunate happened. The owner of the school ought to give him more time to look for a house and pack out
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by hukslaw(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2021
OP, you want to eat your cake and at the same time have it. They didn't sack you, you resigned yourself, before you tender your resignation letter you should have prepared or arranged for a place. The truth is if you own a business organization and one of your staff willingly resigned, and still wouldn't want to leave the house your organization provided for him while he was still working for you, you'll do more than what this your boss did. The grace you have on this matter is the business is a small private organization, go and try that with big organizations, try that with Covenant University alone the day you tender your resignation letter you're to leave the school premises.
My advice: find every way to move your things out. And if you report to the Police na you Dem go still blame. Move out bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mightyhaze: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Y didnt u put it into consideration that youll move out?
I just tire.. u resign come still dey occupy their lodge.. so where will new employee stay? A real trouble maker if u ask me..

He has no right to enjoy their facility a minute longer after resignation. After all he wasn't abruptly sacked

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Mrkumareze(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Op, you resigned your job, now you have no business with the sch. Your stay there put them to risk, I fact u have no reason to be there .. you shot yourself!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Men Chase Me At The Wheels – Female Danfo Driver (pic) / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.