Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51857 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Witnesstony28: 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ryda(m): 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Abeg paste on the previous thread make I confirm something

Please don't fight back, like you said he's an elderly man.

Modified When an elderly hits you you either fight back or walk to safety.
Some people are walking corps

I see mentions bashing me for asking o.p not to fight back. O.p next time all the elderly man needs is one punch to the forehead or neck.

Nairalanders mentioning me could get you a good lawyer, either you're sentenced to life or...
Nonsense!

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.

595 Likes 31 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ocholu: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use this to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!

234 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Golan007: 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
Report him to the police but make sure you have backbone.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by FriendsAndFans(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Since you chose to resign, you should have considered where you were going to stay. They gave you enough grace to move which lapsed today being 24th.

That being said, the owner of the school shouldn't have injured you. Even if you report it to the police, you will still be asked to leave the house asap

Stay away from trouble abeg bros

386 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by younglleo: 10:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by AutoChick4U(f): 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

Y didnt u put it into consideration that youll move out?

121 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by EmzyT: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
sad

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SocialJustice: 10:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Some humans go dey behave like goats. You don't have new accommodation yet but you're rushing to resign. Rubbish, you get luck say the man miss your head, you for die for nothing.

375 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nostring: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lol.. ogbeni nawa for u o.... Wetin u expect? Den go leave u fr dia till u see apartment even if na till next year December cheesy ,
u never sort apartment,u dey re-sign smh...
And e pain u u no record him ? lol, u wey no get money wan do case , laughablegrin...

I wish I fit collect d rod from your boss and smack that ur coconut head right now undecided

310 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by OVB123: 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
The heart of human are despirately wicked. The man is properly angry because u are an important person to the school and seeing u leave is not an easy one for him to bear. My only advise for u is to leave the apartment for peace to reign and never contemplate reporting it to the police because he can easily bribe them and justice will be delay. Just put yourself together and forge ahead for your future is bright.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Babara1994(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
See as OP dey use him life play 2 odds. You never find place to stay, you dey resign.

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Kobicove(m): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
You should have made sure you got another accommodation before resigning from the organisation.

The act of violence against you is inexcusable but you should not expect them to start chasing you around to leave the property undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by posty56: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nostring:
Lol.. ogbeni nawa for u o.... Wetin u expect? Den go leave u fr dia till u see apartment even if na till next year December cheesy , u never sort apartment,u dey re-sign smh, e pain u u no record him lol, u wey no get money wan do case , laughablegrin , I wish I fit collect d rod from your boss and smack that ur coconut head right now undecided
na typical Nigerian for you grin dey don't have plan they just jump into something and "expect God to do the rest", OP na you Sabi oo

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by jericco1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
Oh mehn you did wrong, why would you resign if you haven't gotten a place? They are not Santa Claus you know.

And they won't pay you because you didn't follow protocol; though they went about it wrongly, but let's call a spade a spade, this is Africa, narrowing it down, this is Nigeria!

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nazgul: 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
I just read your previous thread, and to be honest, you're didn't take the right decision.

Like what were you thinking, you literally threw away a free accommodation job to go and ride okada...you don't have anywhere on ground to lay your head yet you hurriedly rushed and tendered your resignation letter for okada business, do you know how dangerous riding okada is?

I thought that with all the advice you received from that thread you'd at least make the best out of your teaching job by approaching parents for private tutorials and other side Hussle as cash comes in.

In life you don't take decisions without weighing the consequences, now you've been thrown out of your home what's your next step, can the little income you make from okada be enough for you to rent an accommodation?

As for the landlord, he's right, you have no business in that house cos he didn't sack you, you left willingly so he expected you to vacate their premises on the agreeded date, unfortunately you didn't, so he felt what are you doing here since you're no longer with us.

Finally, don't waste your time and money going to the police station, cos they'll charge you to open case file, and close the case once the school explains their carefully edited side of the story, and of course palm greasing would be done so you won't get any justice.

169 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 25, 2021
You won't get far with any court case, now that you are homeless and jobless, better to focus on find a job or source of income.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Truvelisback(m): 4:17am On Dec 25, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.
No, be lie. Op, really fvck up. Him suppose don leave the house since him no want their work.

22 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Wannabenz: 4:37am On Dec 25, 2021
You're Stoopid. Get out from that place jor. Satan don do you ojoro. See what you got yourself into at this time of the year. Over Sabi people.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by chigoziri2403(m): 5:12am On Dec 25, 2021
OP,if you are the proprietor, you would behave even worse than the man

You can not eat your cake and have it

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Oyiboman69: 6:02am On Dec 25, 2021
You just just found yourself in between the devil and the deep blue sea...

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by maiquel: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2021
1. I don't think you're paying rent, if that's the case, you're not a tenant.
2. You tendered your resignation too early
3. You only have a case based on the injury inflicted on you not that you have a right to continue boarding in the house
4. If you report to the police then what? You can't keep staying in the house, at least not legally.
5. Start packing
6. You got good counsels but you took the wrong advice.

In all, the only thing I would say to you is, start looking for somewhere else immediately before a greater danger befalls you.
Peace!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by heniford2: 6:46am On Dec 25, 2021
Witnesstony28:

dude let ask you is it that you don't reason or what your staying in school property and you did not make arrangement of yourself before Resign your expecting them to give you grace i guess the give you few weeks, you should know that this will happen undecided you want us to tell u to get a lawyer and start making war on that little cut dude i pity you oh start looking for a friend to squart with till u get accommodation of ur own stay bless and be smart in ur decision Merry Christmas bro

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by alpharoyalty: 6:50am On Dec 25, 2021
This is what happens when you listen to naija motivational speakers.
OP should have done his calculation first before making his move

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MVLOX(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Kingsasian(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2021
I still remember that thread you created. But op you really took a wrong decision,in short you took a foolish decision. Even a primary school kid will do better. Please vacate that premises it is not even the usual accommodation sef, this is an official apartment. Where will the new teacher stay if you are still living there?

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by IDRWFB(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Sorry.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Oga forget police matter, is like you love quarrel pass fight.
Jeje leave their apartment, unless you want to repay good with evil.
If to say u get sense, as you are resigning from their school, you should be resigning too from their apartment, get sense small nah. embarassed

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by lereinter(m): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2021
Ryda:
Abeg paste on the previous thread make I confirm something

Please don't fight back, like you said he's an elderly man.

So elderly man should be giving body injury

Koni dafun iwo ati elderly man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by lereinter(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2021
go report to radio station

Not because of the injury so that he can pay your December salary

It seems he will want to protect the school name

I know you have learnt many things from this debacle

If you are employed in a place, no matter the hospitality Don't feel too homily

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer In Adamawa State / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.