Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51896 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by matrixme(m): 11:21am On Dec 26, 2021
Maybe you read all these motivational books that says go and do it immediately before you took such a hasty decision. What were the disengagement terms in the school? For most organizations, you're to forfeit a full months salary if you resigned without 1 month notification. You want to be living off his largesse for how long? After stopping the job that came with accomodation. Nigerians shaa...
Well, just park your things with a friend and move in with another for the main time. Afterall as an okada rider, you're mostly outdoors, and very early you will be out again. Gather your gains and rent a place for yourself. It happens sometimes but you pick yourself up.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ibechris(m): 11:23am On Dec 26, 2021
If u are working for an employer and u are lucky to be given an accommodation,be ready to vacate it the very day u tender ur application. That is what is called tenant at will...u need not to be informed to vacate that place knowing that someone is on standby to take over from u.

The more u stay there,the more problem u tend to bring upon yourself...although he was not right to inflict injuries on u but u have equally messed up for overstaying your employment with them.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by zicoraads: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2021
How can you resign from a place and refuse to vacate their premises?

I don't know what the school's policy on resignation is, but if it was to be in mine, you're supposed to even pay them 3 months salary in lieu of notice. Or 1 month, in certain circumstances. If we fire you, we also give you 3 months salary.

But if you leave like you did, you're to move out of school property and hand over every school property in your possession on the same day you resigned.

The school was gracious enough.

Although the bodily harm inflicted on you, if it happened like you narrated, was wrong. Still, you have no case.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MsAllison(f): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

Yes OP wants to repay good with evil...

God often makes such people make mistakes upon mistakes.
kiss
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by abexvinlex: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2021
You are very wicked to have stayed there for till this time. Do you think it’s easy to be a owner of something? Please leave asap because if you didn’t have the money you won’t be there till now. You are not a part of their job anymore any you have no business staying there even if it were jare for you.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by pman096(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2021
Anybody supporting this OP is either senseless or an ingrate, he would have probably done worse than the proprietor if roles were reversed. How can you resign from your job willingly and still expect to stay in their accommodation free of charge and still had the mind to ask for pay?. Come on man things are not done that way. So if they have a new staff now them suppose wait until you decide to comot for the house?. To be honest if na me I go lock you up sef...Useless fvcking Nigerians

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by deltateam: 11:28am On Dec 26, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Anyway, I get aeroplane to sell 3.5m but e get landing and taking off problem...

grin
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by gassbee: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2021
player007:

It’s very easy and o take this advice out of context. Especially for someone who has been pushed to the wall.
The short version of this advice is.........Do anything LEGAL to make it.
can he pay for lawyer service
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ockra007: 11:36am On Dec 26, 2021
Some problems are avoidable if only you have good sense of reasoning. Why did you resign from a place of work and still want them to accommodate you. You can't even get such opportunity in the UK.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by vineyardfarms: 11:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Avoid the old man like plaque, move out of his premis. You will succeed
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Donchieli: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Ogbeni abeg na who wicked the proprietor abi the resigned teacher, you teach in a school and chose to resign on your own and yet u are waiting till you get an apartment b4 u move out, so wen they employ another teacher wer dat wan go stay wen d old one neva get another apartment

The law is simple wen u resign from ur place of work you hand over all the establishments properties in your possession asap grace na 24hrs

OVB123:
The heart of human are despirately wicked. The man is properly angry because u are an important person to the school and seeing u leave is not an easy one for him to bear. My only advise for u is to leave the apartment for peace to reign and never contemplate reporting it to the police because he can easily bribe them and justice will be delay. Just put yourself together and forge ahead for your future is bright.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by tpapi: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Oyerinde16:

He has a good case to some extent, we don't know the terms of the contract. However it is a breach to
1* inflict bodily injury on someone in a civil matter.
2* the proprietor took laws into his own his own hands. He should have reported the matter to the police.
3* Some organizations need only 7days notice, and if he did, he is still on track.
4* in all, the police should have being involved, now the proprietor has taken laws into his hands, the employee has a case.
so wat wil happen if d case gets to the police station
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by bizhop01: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2021
hakeemhakeem:
Leave the apartment asap and charge him for attempt murder, batter and property damages. See him begging and your salary would be paid
I believe you will fund his legal fee, or you want him to sell his old looking bike being the only source of his livelihood for DEAD case.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Kelvinhunta: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Upcoming motivational speaker spotted....lol. he don't need to be evicted b4 he become motivated. You resigned,didn't u plan urself b4 u resign? Or are you amongst those that act b4 they think? He even has d mouth to say that they extended d date for him yet he want salary for December you didn't work for I bet u,next time he gets there eh... He wont aim to beat ur head,he will purposely aim to end ur life. These nonsense should stop in 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use this to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Obiorahpcfg: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Was it not you that some of us advised you to give out the bike, continue working in the school and plan your exit from the school by saving towards getting accommodation . how do u expect to occupy his house wen u no longer work in d school?

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Yasco73: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2021
The apartment was given to you by the school authority because you are working with them, and you now resigned and you still want to stay there. bros use your brain. once you thought of resignation you would have also think of when to pack to as soon as your submit your resignation letter.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Kelvinhunta: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Nothing except that the man will be arrested and be bailed. Meanwhile op will pay police to arrest him yet he gets absolutely nothing from it. He is wrong to resign a job and refused to vacate the premises. It's encroaching and has its own fine. If he was sacked he would have had a morally justified plea for more time to get another apartment but not when u resign.its assumed u have taken care of those and where else do u expect ur replacement to stay if u still occupy that house or is the school a charitable organization?
tpapi:
so wat wil happen if d case gets to the police station

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ImoleNaija: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Now I see that most people just come online to seek advice they really don't want; as they have made conclusion in their minds already. OP, I truly feel for you but uno do well at all. You could have made use of the sensible advice given to you on your previous thread.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by AfonjaConehead: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
You are a wicked person.
And you are not wise at all.
That old man should have knocked your head instead.

Go ahead and involve the police nah if you want to spent new year inside cell. Mtchewwwww

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Lemmyler(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
Op, did you give one month in lieu of notice?
If yes, the man should pay you but if not, you don't have a case concerning the payment. A worker that's no longer working in a place should not enjoy the benefits that come with the employment. This implies that you supposed to have moved out since you are no longer with the school. You can only stay if the man has given you the privilege but remember not all humans are humane.
However, the man is wrong for injuring you. My advice is that you should leave the apartment and please don't report to the police. This is Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Mypeople2(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kingsasian:
I still remember that thread you created. But op you really took a wrong decision,in short you took a foolish decision. Even a primary school kid will do better. Please vacate that premises it is not even the usual accommodation sef, this is an official apartment. Where will the new teacher stay if you are still living there?
exactly my point .Where will the new teacher live when you are still there? Next time plan well, person nor dey rush when taking serious decision. Even if you involve the police, they will still ask you to find another apartment immediately.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by vickydevoka(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.
Na useless guy way no get better plan.na as en de hot en de do am
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Miller232: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
You suppose get new place before you loud ur resignation
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by jrusky(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Report to the police pls don't fight him because he might be looking for who to kill him so pls let police do the job, many are walking corpse.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by peedeeasobie(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

Who advised you sir. You took a very emotional and untimely decision.

1. You should have waited till the end of December before resigning so you can get your pay.

2. You should have had an alternative place to stay before resigning...

What to do now... pack out of the place first.
Then report the man to the police... claim damages by going to a hospital to get treated and submit the receipt to the police.

Call it attempted murder or intention to cause grievous bodily injury.

But pack of that house my friend.

You were ill-advised
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ImoleNaija: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Bluezy13:

Sometimes, when I encounter problems that will make me very confused or have difficulty in decision making, what I always ask myself is;
"What would Nairalanders say ?"

That question always cause me to view situations from many points... the good, the bad, the unexpected comments, the unsympathetic, the encouraging, the stoopid, the unreasonable, and the funny ones.

They help me a lot.
I have never created a thread.

This post is insightful.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by anayolity: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
DemMannaScam:
Your boss?
Commot for him house, he is not ur boss anymore...

E be like say u be jonsing man.

Baba calm down nah grin grin cheesy
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
You are truly an Okada man with Okada brain. You want to stay in someone's house to hustle even after resignation.

I wonder if you are normal in the first place.

Is the man your relative? You resigned from work and stay put in official residence which is meant for workers.

If I was the man, you wouldn't spend 1 day in the apartment but I wouldn't do it myself. It's easier to use rogue police to treat you as a trespasser.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mummymum: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
Why should you ask of advice when you know the truth. Infact is there any point bringing this to social media. You are no longer working for the man and you expect him to accommodate you. Where do expect the person taking your place in that school to stay? If you are that man be it old or young, will you agree to someother person? My friend look for new accomodation and leave someone's house.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Goldie16(f): 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
It's not safe for the school children for a non staff to be around their premises. You're now 'stranger danger'. Please leave.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Smarttravels(f): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

You should have gotten accommodation sorted out before resigning. You do not have any right to stay in that house a day longer than your resignation.

That December salary is in lieu of the zero notice you gave your employer.

Put your stuff on your bike and head out.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mummymum: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
peedeeasobie:

Who advised you sir. You took a very emotional and untimely decision.

1. You should have waited till the end of December before resigning so you can get your pay.

2. You should have had an alternative place to stay before resigning...

What to do now... pack out of the place first.
Then report the man to the police... claim damages by going to a hospital to get treated and submit the receipt to the police.

Call it attempted murder or intention to cause grievous bodily injury.

But pack of that house my friend.

You were ill-advised
Why should he go to the police when he himself is guilty. I just pray the man will deal with him drastically. You that advice him, if you were the owner of the school, I hope you will accommodate him because he's your brother. Instead of him to use the little that he has to find a small place and relocate let him go and look for more problems this Christmas at the end you his adviser will not be there to rescue him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Men Chase Me At The Wheels – Female Danfo Driver (pic) / How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.