Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51898 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Sunday2021: 10:42am On Dec 26, 2021
Bigchristo:
Go to the police station and report this don’t wait until he break your head before doing the needful, the timing is too short they should Give you at least 3 weeks eviction notice before acting so dramatic
did they sack him? He is the one that will be jailed for not giving them enough time to search for another worker. How will you feel if you wake up ready to go to the airport because you have a plane to catch and your driver just walked to you and handed your key to you telling you he is not driving again?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2021
blackgold2018:
That’s not a rented apartment with agreement papers. It’s a free accommodation. Do you get that now?

A free accomodation that is tied to your employment, once you resigned your appointment you are expected to vacate the official residence immediately

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by deltateam: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:

Na you make am intruder?? He was living there legally. Until the unfortunate happened. The owner of the school ought to give him more time to look for a house and pack out

More time? You don't get it. That school is not a charity home. He resigned by himself thereby immediately forfeiting that accomodation for new employee.

That accomodation is part of the juicy package.

Remember accomodation near the school solves transportation problem too.

Op had to vacate immediately for the next person to pack in and settle down against January.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ipobarethieves: 10:47am On Dec 26, 2021
sad weda u video recording it or not,nothing go happen.The police u wan go report the old man to will ask u if the house is ur father property/where do u expect new recruit teacher to stay put?u dnt have money yet u resigned.Wisdom make pipu WISE but u aren’t WISE at all.Humnle urself ,go and beg the old man(make person wey knw Him well follow u to plead on ur behalf).Withdraw the resignation letter and continue with ur teaching pending wen u go stand well and move out
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nonny10: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2021
U dont want to work for him but u want to keep his apartment,u must b a thief,they shud have call the whole community to beat nonsense out of ur body,do u know how much is block now? Or u know how much is cement,u wil carry ur poverty mentality to weight others down

Why cant u go back to ur vilage rubbish

Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by player007(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use this to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!

It’s very easy and o take this advice out of context. Especially for someone who has been pushed to the wall.
The short version of this advice is.........Do anything LEGAL to make it.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Warricity: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2021
My bro u called for it apparently u must have weighed all pros and cons before taking this your seemingly half baked decision. The proprietor is right of what use are u, he needs his space urgently for the next employee.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by safarigirl(f): 10:49am On Dec 26, 2021
Oyerinde16:
You have a case, he cannot eject you if he his owing you. But if its DEC salary that is half and ended on the 12th or 13th, it can be tricky cos he will claim DEC has not ended and so the monthly circle is still running. All you can do now is report to the police, he has absolutely no right to inflict bodily injury on you. He took the laws into his hands. You get very tricky case, e fit favor u e fit no favor u.

Anyway, I get aeroplane to sell 3.5m but e get landing and taking off problem...

He doesn't have any case

It's a Private business, he can do whatever he likes with his business. You don't know the terms of their contract, so, who told you they cannot eject him without December salary?

Did he give a month's notice before he resigned? No. That reckless behaviour alone has ensured he has no defense whatsoever. This is not dissolution of employment, he did not get fired, he resigned wilfully, so, he is not entitled to any December salary. He must even be very naive to expect December salary

He stayed in the house for up to a week after resigning, even if he was entitled to salary, not anymore.

He has jeopardised whatever case he may have on whatever ground by reckless behaviour. Even the assault, imagine going to a police station in Nigeria to report a fairly wealthy man for assault, you wey no get money. Which police will prosecute the case for you? In fact, the man can even claim provocation and trespass to property, in which case, the law allows him to defend his property.

There is no case here, OP is just a naive and entitled person and he will learn that you do not navigate the world with entitlement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SocialJustice: 10:50am On Dec 26, 2021
MaverickA3:
That was a mistake on his part but this your comment says much about who you are. So the man should have killed him because he is still living in their apartment?
Thank you, I be devil pikin. Case closed. Rubbish.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by adedayourt(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

Mr man you resigned. the first thing before that was to vacate the apartment provided for you.

Na fight wey u no fit win. Just park out
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2021
30k a month is an abysmal pay.

Couldn't you have negotiated a better pay?

An alternative to resigning was getting students to pay for extra classes. More befitting and less dangerous too.

You cannot be an okada rider with your certificate. You shouldn't be an okada rider with your certificate.

Will your daily take home from your okada riding sort your rent, feeding and possible health issues that may arise from this okada riding?

You should not bother taking your former boss to court.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Ten06(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2021
Guy, this is December, and new year is some few days from now.

Park your things are live the man's property. You resigned on your own and it is believed that before you tender your resignation you must have gotten a place relocate to.

As for the old man's action, it was wrong but then any attempt for you to drag this issue will lead to you wasting your hard earned cash for case that will not go anywhere.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 26, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.

You can imagine.

He resigned and is still occupying their property.

This self entitlement of poor Nigerians. Where do you expect the next employee who will replace you to stay?

So they shouldn't move on because you resigned? You didn't work December full month. He is not owing you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by safarigirl(f): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:

Na you make am intruder?? He was living there legally. Until the unfortunate happened. The owner of the school ought to give him more time to look for a house and pack out

The moment he resigned, he became an intruder on that property.

The owner of the school owes him nothing. This is not a rented property, it is private property. If I give you a room to stay in my house, I do not owe you any time to find another place. I can decide to kick you out one day and it will be well within my rights.

Same way he went to resign without prior notice, the owner has the right to kick him out that same day. The man was even considerate enough to give him days of grace.

He did not pay rent, he is not entitled to any time. You people should stop talking ignorantly please.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by magzey: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2021
How can you quit a Job without proper plan, it serve you well.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by safarigirl(f): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Bigchristo:
Go to the police station and report this don’t wait until he break your head before doing the needful, the timing is too short they should Give you at least 3 weeks eviction notice before acting so dramatic

According to which law?

Is he paying rent on that property? Or do you think it is everybody that is entitled to eviction notice?

Once again, according to which law do they give 3-weeks eviction notice over property that is basically given only on condition of service?

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by jaxxy(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2021
Mumu boy. U better leave that house immediately. U have the mind to resign and don’t know u have to get an Accomodation since, u are still waiting for December salary to get accommodation??

If ur December salary is delayed u still have to leave that house cos u won’t be working there anymore.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Duru009(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2021
You don't even have COMMON SENSE, you should have done your calculations well before making a move. You RESIGNED willingly by yourself. Please leave that place immediately before you meet your WATERLOO
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SmileDance(f): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2021
safarigirl:

According to which law?

Is he paying rent on that property? Or do you think it is everybody that is entitled to eviction notice?

Once again, according to which law do they give 3-weeks eviction notice over property that is basically given only on condition of service?
no mind them, the people saying the man is wrong to attack him sef?? If I see intruder for my papa house and I no wound am make I bend
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by frog12: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2021
you are GREEDY like all these young boys. you wan them to pay you for what

one tailor want me to pay N10000 to sow 1 cloth wey i eventually give a lady who sow am for N1500. greedy boys. they want latest benz
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Fcwilly: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2021
You be mumu, no accommodation you dey resign.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Oyerinde16(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2021
safarigirl:

He doesn't have any case
entitlement

He has a good case to some extent, we don't know the terms of the contract. However it is a breach to
1* inflict bodily injury on someone in a civil matter.
2* the proprietor took laws into his own his own hands. He should have reported the matter to the police.
3* Some organizations need only 7days notice, and if he did, he is still on track.
4* in all, the police should have being involved, now the proprietor has taken laws into his hands, the employee has a case.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by YeyeBoyfriend: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:
Some humans go dey behave like goat. You don't have new accommodation yet but you're rushing to resign. Rubbish, you get luck say the man miss your head, you for die for nothing.
person go just carry hardship put for himself head all in the name of being independent, no be ment be that,

he doesn't have a place to stay but find joy in resigning where they housed him, now he no gree comot, no be juju be that

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by DenreleDave(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

You are wrong in all aspect... Even if u get video, it will do u no good at all..

Don't give ur self false hope..

U didn't plan well...
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by PROPHETmichael: 11:10am On Dec 26, 2021
You are living in a place provided for you by your boss, you resigned and still expect him to accommodate you.... Are you normal? The fault is yours and not the man (It's very obvious that the man is a nice man when he extended your grace period till the 24th but you pushed him into doing what on a normal day, he wouldn't do).

Morever, when you resigned did you give him three months advance notice or you resigned with immediate effect? Next time, think properly before making a move.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by tarantino1: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Sunday2021:
did they sack him? He is the one that will be jailed for not giving them enough time to search for another worker. How will you feel if you wake up ready to go to the airport because you have a plane to catch and your driver just walked to you and handed your key to you telling you he is not driving again?

Na story you dey find.

Go out your hands on someone and the person Carry the matter go police. Na then you go know who dey at fault
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by bizhop01: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2021
No wisdom here at all,
You offered resignation when you don't have any were to go and your spirit mind never advice you to resign after school holiday so that you will be able to put things in place before school resume

I think you deserve such treatment because you can't expect to stay in official apartment after resignation.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Jokerman(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

You should have done this before resigning.... you acted foolishly and paid the price.... no sorry you... You deserve what you got from the old man...

Now, the man will not want to employ males again...
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

You must be abysmally foolish!
If you don't have anything to say, fool fvck off before ⚡ fire your stupid hands �!

You have a long way to go...
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Jokerman(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:

This is a foolish assertion.... what if a new teacher wants to move in quickly to acclimatise with school and other things... the moment you resign, you should leave.... he wasn't sacked...
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by deltateam: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2021
porthouse7:
dis small wound u dey call almost kill

It's not the small wound but the intent of the one aimed at his 'coconut' head. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Boss Dropped An Internship Applicant Because Of This / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Men Chase Me At The Wheels – Female Danfo Driver (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.