Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint (39741 Views)

Twitter User, Thespiankadesh Claims Lagos Police Officers Extorted Him / Identities Of Police Officers Who Extorted ₦22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Lagos Men / How Policemen Extorted N22M Worth Of Bitcoin From Young Men At Gunpoint In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
EXCLUSIVE: How Under Fire Police Officers In Lagos Allegedly Extorted N32million Worth Of Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint

Two more victims of the rogue police team at Force Criminal Investigation Department Annex, Alagbon Close, Lagos State, that forcibly extorted N22 million worth of bitcoin from two young real estate developers in July 2021, Morakinyo Tobiloba Peter and Yusuf Samson Dayo, have emerged.

Led by Cordelia Nwawe, a Deputy Superintendent of Police with Force number 14534, the criminal team has been ‘running riot’ all across Lagos, seizing, framing and extorting innocent citizens they sense have access to good money.

Speaking to SaharaReporters on Monday, two young men who identified themselves as Oluwaseun and Majeed narrated how the police team led by Nwawe forcibly extorted N32 million worth of bitcoin from them.

The duo said they were accosted on November 9, 2021 by the policemen around Mega Chicken in Ajah and taken to FCID Alagbon.

Despite requesting to make a few phone calls to let their family members know the situation they were in, the policemen declined and instead seized their mobile phones.

Upon getting to their office, they forced the young men to provide passwords to their phones which they went on to search for several hours in a bid to find any incriminating item on them.

“On November 9, I and my friend were coming from Lagos, going back to school. When we got to Ajah, around Mega Chicken, we were stopped by some team of four guys and 2 policemen in uniform. They just double-crossed us all of a sudden. I didn’t even know the four guys are police officers because they couldn’t identify themselves. I told them to let me call my family that I have been kidnapped but the next thing I heard was that I should behave myself and shouldn’t call anybody,” one of them told SaharaReporters.

“They told the driver to keep driving until he saw a free space where he could park, so after the driver parked. They brought us out of the car and they said: who are you? Where are you coming from? Where are you going to? So the next thing, they collected our identity cards, our phones. They couldn’t collect my other phone because I hid it under the back seat cause I initially thought they were kidnappers or armed robbers.

“So from Ajah , they drove us down to Alagbon, Ikoyi where FCID station is. So on getting to the station, we were forced, threatened anden to unlock our phones. We were like why should we unlock our phones, the order has been made from above that no one should unlock their phone for anybody again. We said we are students, and also members of the Association of Hannset Hard and Software Repairers of Nigeria, Oyo State chapter and we presented our ID cards to them.”

The duo added that they were beaten after making their statements and were forced to sign statements written by the officers, alleging that they were Internet fraudsters.

“After we made our statement, the next thing I heard was a slap on my face. I was shocked, like what did we do? What’s our offence? The next thing they did was to bring out their handcuffs to cuff my friend. So they collected my own phone. They kept searching and searching. They searched everywhere and they didn’t see anything incriminating. So they told me to keep logging in to my bank accounts, my emails and some other apps. I was like why.

“So they asked my friend to open his phone too but he refused. So they tightened the handcuff to cut off his hand till he noticed blood wasn’t running through his vein again. So my friend had to unlock his phone for them. So they went to his bitcoin wallet and saw a sum of N32 million worth of bitcoin. After they saw that, they removed the handcuff from his hand, and brought a white handkerchief to wipe off the blood running from his nose because he was totally brutalised.

“In case I forget, on getting to the station at Alagbon, Ikoyi. They took us to one office, brought out a statement form asking us to write a statement about how everything went. We wrote as it happened but they slapped us and they tore it. Then we were forced and threatened to sign another one written for us stating that we were internet fraudsters.

“Then after that, they made a video recording of us saying that we were fraudsters. They then took all the money in my friend’s wallet, about N32 million. They told us they would kill us if we didn’t give them the money. They said they have killed so many people without their family members knowing.”

Following SaharaReporters story on how DSP Nwawe and her team forcefully extorted N22 milion worth of bitcoin from Peter and Dayo in July this year and the uproar that greeted that revelation, the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, recently ordered an immediate investigation into the professional misconduct and abuse of office of the police team at Alagbon led by DSP Nwawe.

Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, in a statement said that a Special Investigation Panel led by DCP Olaolu Adegbite would carry out a discreet and transparent investigation into the allegation against the officers mentioned in the story by SaharaReporters.

“DSP Cordelia and the other police personnel allegedly indicted in the report have been ordered to report to the Special Investigation Panel, Force Headquarters, Abuja, on Tuesday, 21st December, 2021 to answer to the allegations against them.
“The Special Investigation Panel is headed by DCP Olaolu Adegbite of the Force Intelligence Bureau.

“The Force advices any member of the public who has had similar experiences of high-handedness or extortion by the officers in question, her team or any other officer at the FCID Alagbon to come forward with detailed information to enable the panel achieve a holistic investigation,” Mba said in the statement.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/27/exclusive-how-under-fire-police-officers-lagos-allegedly-extorted-n32million-worth

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by NwaNimo1(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2021

138 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Kosoco(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
Nawah ooo
Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:15pm On Dec 27, 2021
NwaNimo1:
L.agos

A.lagbon

P.olice

D.epartment

[img]https://media1./images/6123784654391961d199a3fce5d1dad0/tenor.gif?itemid=4684399[/img]
fear those people o

28 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by yinchar(m): 11:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
Just imagine, a secondary teacher that worked for 35 years might not earn what these stupid crooks extort on a weekly basis.

What a greedy set of bastards in uniforms.

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by FarahAideed: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
Why will you even carry a device holding your wallets out ..I have a phone for finance and I don't Waka with except I am traveling

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Is04970: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2021
Nothing will come out of the case because the ring leader comes from the ethnic group that claims victim in the face of justice.
Yorubas are being raped by foreigners in their own land. Shame.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Ruggedniggaone: 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
Death to all Nigeria police and their family members because they are nothing but bokoharam and bandits in uniform

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:49am On Dec 28, 2021
FarahAideed:
Why will you even carry a device holding your wallets out ..I have a phone for finance and I don't Waka with except I am traveling
nna, the thing tire me I swear

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by CannibalTorment: 5:28am On Dec 28, 2021
NwaNimo1:
L.agos

A.lagbon

P.olice

D.epartment

[img]https://media1./images/6123784654391961d199a3fce5d1dad0/tenor.gif?itemid=4684399[/img]
Perpetrated by two igbos

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MsAllison(f): 5:31am On Dec 28, 2021
CannibalTorment:
Perpetrated by two igbos
I'm watching you

15 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by helinues: 5:52am On Dec 28, 2021
MsAllison:
I'm watching you

Make sure you wear glasses

undecided

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MsAllison(f): 5:54am On Dec 28, 2021
helinues:

Make sure you wear glasses

undecided
lemme alone
face gbegile boys your nemesis

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by helinues: 5:55am On Dec 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

NL Elon Musk...

grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by helinues: 5:59am On Dec 28, 2021
MsAllison:
lemme alone
face gbegile boys your nemesis

Nemesis you said..

Laughing in Mandarin.. If I may ask, the monikers you used for this shit last week was registered on Oct 31st, the new monikers you have been using this week are registered on Dec 19, what happened to all the registered monikers through out Nov for this evil act of derailing NL threads? Tsunami wiped out by mods. That's the real genesis of nemesis

For your chickening mind, you think you can bring down the forum by creating thousands of monikers which is over 10,000 monikers this year alone to manipulate the forum statistics, derailing threads at will, impersonating others, blackmailing others, abusing and cursing others people's parents.

You may not have an idea about the plans Karma got for you . You shall reap all what you have been sowing. Big Amen

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MsAllison(f): 6:02am On Dec 28, 2021
[s]
helinues:

Nemesis you said..

Laughing in Mandarin.. If I may ask, the monikers you used for this shit last week was registered on Oct 31st, the new monikers you have been using this week are registered kn Dec 19, what happened to all the registered monikers through out Nov for this evil act of derailing NL threads? Tsunami wiped out by mods. That's the real genesis of nemesis

For your chickening mind, you think you can bring down the forum by creating thousands of monikers which is over 10,000 monikers this year alone to manipulate the forum statistics, derailing threads at will, impersonating others, blackmailing others, abusing and cursing others people's parents.

You may not have an idea about the plans Karma got for you . You shall reap what you have been sowing. Big Amen
[/s]

trash
what's this one saying?
are you ok?
like really really ok?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:02am On Dec 28, 2021
CannibalTorment:
Perpetrated by two igbos
tribal bigot, did you have this same energy when it was Abba Kyari trending over the hushpuppy matter ?

29 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by CannibalTorment: 6:07am On Dec 28, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
tribal bigot, did you have this same energy when it was Abba Kyari trending over the hushpuppy matter ?
Hypocrite, it is easier said, do you condemn the comment of that person when saying Lagos whereas the perpetrators were actually igbos some few hours ago, so you talking about months ago when yours isn't up to 24 hours

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by illicit(m): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2021
Where una dey see this money

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MsAllison(f): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2021
[s]
CannibalTorment:
Hypocrite, it is easier said, do you condemn the comment of that person when saying Lagos whereas the perpetrators were actually igbos some few hours ago, so you talking about months ago when yours isn't up to 24 hours
[/s]
Shut up

11 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:46am On Dec 28, 2021
CannibalTorment:
[s]Hypocrite, it is easier said, do you condemn the comment of that person when saying Lagos whereas the perpetrators were actually igbos some few hours ago, so you talking about months ago when yours isn't up to 24 hours[/s]
you're talking nonsense here, be more articulate and first of all answer my question

9 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 8:11am On Dec 28, 2021
illicit:
Where una dey see this money
chairman, send funds boss cool

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Telekinetic: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
EXCLUSIVE: How Under Fire Police Officers In Lagos Allegedly Extorted N32million Worth Of Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint

The duo said they were accosted on November 9, 2021 by the policemen around Mega Chicken in Ajah and taken to FCID Alagbon.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK DEC 27, 2021

Two more victims of the rogue police team at Force Criminal Investigation Department Annex, Alagbon Close, Lagos State, that forcibly extorted N22 million worth of bitcoin from two young real estate developers in July 2021, Morakinyo Tobiloba Peter and Yusuf Samson Dayo, have emerged.

Led by Cordelia Nwawe, a Deputy Superintendent of Police with Force number 14534, the criminal team has been ‘running riot’ all across Lagos, seizing, framing and extorting innocent citizens they sense have access to good money.

Speaking to SaharaReporters on Monday, two young men who identified themselves as Oluwaseun and Majeed narrated how the police team led by Nwawe forcibly extorted N32 million worth of bitcoin from them.

Despite requesting to make a few phone calls to let their family members know the situation they were in, the policemen declined and instead seized their mobile phones.

Upon getting to their office, they forced the young men to provide passwords to their phones which they went on to search for several hours in a bid to find any incriminating item on them.

“On November 9, I and my friend were coming from Lagos, going back to school. When we got to Ajah, around Mega Chicken, we were stopped by some team of four guys and 2 policemen in uniform. They just double-crossed us all of a sudden. I didn’t even know the four guys are police officers because they couldn’t identify themselves. I told them to let me call my family that I have been kidnapped but the next thing I heard was that I should behave myself and shouldn’t call anybody,” one of them told SaharaReporters.

“They told the driver to keep driving until he saw a free space where he could park, so after the driver parked. They brought us out of the car and they said: who are you? Where are you coming from? Where are you going to? So the next thing, they collected our identity cards, our phones. They couldn’t collect my other phone because I hid it under the back seat cause I initially thought they were kidnappers or armed robbers.

SEE ALSO

EXCLUSIVE: How Under Fire Policewoman, Colleagues Accused Of Extorting N22million Bitcoin From Young Men In Lagos Forced UK Returnee To Pay $30,000 Over Fictitious Petition
27 Comments5 Days Ago

“So from Ajah , they drove us down to Alagbon, Ikoyi where FCID station is. So on getting to the station, we were forced, threatened anden to unlock our phones. We were like why should we unlock our phones, the order has been made from above that no one should unlock their phone for anybody again. We said we are students, and also members of the Association of Hannset Hard and Software Repairers of Nigeria, Oyo State chapter and we presented our ID cards to them.”

The duo added that they were beaten after making their statements and were forced to sign statements written by the officers, alleging that they were Internet fraudsters.

“After we made our statement, the next thing I heard was a slap on my face. I was shocked, like what did we do? What’s our offence? The next thing they did was to bring out their handcuffs to cuff my friend. So they collected my own phone. They kept searching and searching. They searched everywhere and they didn’t see anything incriminating. So they told me to keep logging in to my bank accounts, my emails and some other apps. I was like why.

“So they asked my friend to open his phone too but he refused. So they tightened the handcuff to cut off his hand till he noticed blood wasn’t running through his vein again. So my friend had to unlock his phone for them. So they went to his bitcoin wallet and saw a sum of N32 million worth of bitcoin. After they saw that, they removed the handcuff from his hand, and brought a white handkerchief to wipe off the blood running from his nose because he was totally brutalised.

“In case I forget, on getting to the station at Alagbon, Ikoyi. They took us to one office, brought out a statement form asking us to write a statement about how everything went. We wrote as it happened but they slapped us and they tore it. Then we were forced and threatened to sign another one written for us stating that we were internet fraudsters.

“Then after that, they made a video recording of us saying that we were fraudsters. They then took all the money in my friend’s wallet, about N32 million. They told us they would kill us if we didn’t give them the money. They said they have killed so many people without their family members knowing.”

Following SaharaReporters story on how DSP Nwawe and her team forcefully extorted N22 milion worth of bitcoin from Peter and Dayo in July this year and the uproar that greeted that revelation, the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, recently ordered an immediate investigation into the professional misconduct and abuse of office of the police team at Alagbon led by DSP Nwawe.

Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, in a statement said that a Special Investigation Panel led by DCP Olaolu Adegbite would carry out a discreet and transparent investigation into the allegation against the officers mentioned in the story by SaharaReporters.

“DSP Cordelia and the other police personnel allegedly indicted in the report have been ordered to report to the Special Investigation Panel, Force Headquarters, Abuja, on Tuesday, 21st December, 2021 to answer to the allegations against them.
“The Special Investigation Panel is headed by DCP Olaolu Adegbite of the Force Intelligence Bureau.

“The Force advices any member of the public who has had similar experiences of high-handedness or extortion by the officers in question, her team or any other officer at the FCID Alagbon to come forward with detailed information to enable the panel achieve a holistic investigation,” Mba said in the statement.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/27/exclusive-how-under-fire-police-officers-lagos-allegedly-extorted-n32million-worth

Lalasticlala

I really still don’t believe this story. It has so many plot holes abeg! Even EFCC will not take that amount to let you walk. If those boys sure for themselves make them paste the transaction hash make we observe... Smh

9 Likes

Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by money121(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by BrickDevo: 8:54am On Dec 28, 2021
Eew
Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Starboytwo(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2021
Good that they are being investigated.
Re: Police Officers Extorted N32m Bitcoin From Another Set Of Young Men At Gunpoint by Patrioticman007(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2021
Officer Nwawe & Cordelia are from the pig republic. They are trying to secretly undermine the Zoo Republic for their pig pens.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White Women Call Out EFCC For Arresting Yahoo Boys / Burial Of Nigerian Cultist Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) / Cultists Arrested During Robbery After Engaging Police In Gun Battle. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.