Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? (9910 Views)

Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On The Last Day Of The Year ? / Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) / How Can Muslim Rid Himself Of Bad Attitude & Develop Good Attitude? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by KingAzari: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Or deh

Yet, signed this

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This is how most of you bring generational curses and problems to yourselves.

You lie, steal and take everything as a joke.

And this your frigging swearing-in ceremony does not apply to Christian posts. Free your mind from the shackles of religion. There nothing like curse. People only suffer the consequences of their actions because for every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by comradeMOSHOOD: 11:59am On Dec 31, 2021
Islam is a perfect religion. Cross over nafila isn't part of our noble religion.

2 Likes

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by MENELIIK: 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2021
Thanos5555:
cool
I don't believe in the Religion that kills people in Record numbers over the world, are in war with the world and produce 95% of World terrorism.
Yet it is a religion of peace, but I for sure believe that one where the leaders problem is too much tithe collection and private jets

Yes, killing people in record number like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Koni and the Hutu and Tutsi of Rwanda that killed over 800,000 preciouis souls within just three months

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2021
SharonLoveth:
This is a funny post of the year on Nairaland, you Muslims don't want to celebrate Christmas but you can perform tahaajud today 31st December, 2021 to welcome the New year 01/01/2022 should we Christians be telling you what first day of the year means and stand for?

January 1st: Janus Birthday. You can use Google to check who Janus was, or who the Month January was named after.

And yes Muslims don't celebrate any man made holyday day : the one you call holidays now
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Ade3131: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hisbah21:
not permittable. its bid'ah

What if you have a prayer request that you specifically want to make on that day...like having an intention to make supplications to Allah as you would do on other days...

So if this prayer and tahjood falls on the 31st of December, would that qualify for bidha?
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2021
RightChannel:
Those that will perform tahaajud tonight to Usher in the New year are not Muslims right but fake and pagans isn't it? When looking for the best example for confusion, Islam is the best word for this

They are ushering in Janus Birthday: The Roman god of beginning which the month January represents.

Do you celebrate with Muslims when they end Ramadan? Do you?

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SALIMAN(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2021
Subhanallahi, it's not permissible to do such in Islam, but u can perform tahajud as sunnah,
But not for the sake of new Gregorian calendar

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sterope:
Jesus wasnt even born in the winter/December. lipsrsealed

After reading this short post, I am very sure you will gain something...

The Bible offers few clues on the birth of Jesus Christ. Celebrations of Jesus’ Nativity are not mentioned in the Gospels or Acts; the date is not given, not even the time of year. The Biblical reference to shepherds tending their flocks at night when they hear the news of Jesus’ birth ( Luke 2 : 8 ) might suggest the spring lambing season; in the cold month of December, on the other hand, sheep might well have been pen.

This stands in sharp contrast to the very early traditions surrounding Jesus’ last days. Each of the Four Gospels provides detailed information about the time of Jesus’ death. According to John, Jesus is crucified just as the Passover lambs are being sacrificed. This would have occurred on the 14th of the Hebrew month of Nisan, just before the Jewish holiday began at sundown (considered the beginning of the 15th day because in the Hebrew calendar, days begin at sundown). In Matthew, Mark and Luke, however, the Last Supper is held after sundown, on the beginning of the 15th. Jesus is crucified the next morning—still, the 15th.

There is another way to account for the origins of Christmas on December 25: Strange as it may seem, the key to dating Jesus’ birth may lie in the dating of Jesus’ death at Passover.

Around 200 C.E. Tertullian of Carthage reported the calculation that the 14th of Nisan (the day of the crucifixion according to the Gospel of John) in the year Jesus died was equivalent to March 25 in the Roman (solar) calendar.9 March 25 is, of course, nine months before December 25; it was later recognized as the Feast of the Annunciation—the commemoration of Jesus’ conception. Thus, Jesus was believed to have been conceived and crucified on the same day of the year. Exactly nine months later, Jesus was born, on December 25.

Sterope:

Christmas is very different from new year's. One is to celebrate Jesus amongst Christians or to celebrate relationships in the western world, the other is to usher a new year according to the solar calender. Muslims should not care about celebrating either holidays.

I won't blame you for saying this, since your fake prophet Muhammad was not circumcised no how you will know that a Circumcision is after EIGHT DAYS.. From December 25th to January 1st is how many days??

Luke 2:21

And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lukuluku69:

January 1st: Janus Birthday. You can use Google to check who Janus was, or who the Month January was named after.

Just like I did to your fellow Muslim, i will do the same for you too

The Bible offers few clues on the birth of Jesus Christ. Celebrations of Jesus’ Nativity are not mentioned in the Gospels or Acts; the date is not given, not even the time of year. The Biblical reference to shepherds tending their flocks at night when they hear the news of Jesus’ birth ( Luke 2 : 8 ) might suggest the spring lambing season; in the cold month of December, on the other hand, sheep might well have been pen.

This stands in sharp contrast to the very early traditions surrounding Jesus’ last days. Each of the Four Gospels provides detailed information about the time of Jesus’ death. According to John, Jesus is crucified just as the Passover lambs are being sacrificed. This would have occurred on the 14th of the Hebrew month of Nisan, just before the Jewish holiday began at sundown (considered the beginning of the 15th day because in the Hebrew calendar, days begin at sundown). In Matthew, Mark and Luke, however, the Last Supper is held after sundown, on the beginning of the 15th. Jesus is crucified the next morning—still, the 15th.

There is another way to account for the origins of Christmas on December 25: Strange as it may seem, the key to dating Jesus’ birth may lie in the dating of Jesus’ death at Passover.

Around 200 C.E. Tertullian of Carthage reported the calculation that the 14th of Nisan (the day of the crucifixion according to the Gospel of John) in the year Jesus died was equivalent to March 25 in the Roman (solar) calendar.9 March 25 is, of course, nine months before December 25; it was later recognized as the Feast of the Annunciation—the commemoration of Jesus’ conception. Thus, Jesus was believed to have been conceived and crucified on the same day of the year. Exactly nine months later, Jesus was born, on December 25.

This is how New year arose;

since you agreed with me that your prophet Muhammad was not circumcised no how you will know that a Circumcision is after EIGHT DAYS.. From December 25th to January 1st is how many days??

And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.

Lukuluku69:

And yes Muslims don't celebrate any man made holyday day : the one you call holidays now

But Muslims are celebrating Mawlid al-Nabi, is it not man made Holiday?? All you need is to apply common sense that is not common before responding to people's post
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2021
louqas:

Go back and the post....this time slowly... as its obvious from this comment you either didnt read it or read it and decided to give your own interpretation

That is what you need most, you need to go back and read it all over again if my interpretation is different or against what you have there
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Sterope(f): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
Jesus wasnt born during winter. There is a big difference between spring and winter. Don't let someone fool you with composition.

Also, there are many pagan holidays associated on the very date. It is exactly the reason some Christian sects don't celebrate Christmas. Christmas celebration is an innovation.

SharonLoveth:

I won't blame you for saying this, since your fake prophet Muhammad was not circumcised no how you will know that a Circumcision is after EIGHT DAYS.. From December 25th to January 1st is how many days??

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Lukuluku69(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2021
SharonLoveth:

Just like I did to your fellow Muslim, i will do the same for you too

This is how New year arose;

since you agreed with me that your prophet Muhammad was not circumcised no how you will know that a Circumcision is after EIGHT DAYS.. From December 25th to January 1st is how many days??

But Mullims are celebrating Mawlid al-Nabi, is it not man made Holiday?? All you need is to apply common sense that is not common before responding to people's post

And you had to type that tripe up there to justify that you have common sense?

As for your question on Mawlid Al nabbiyy, yes some misguided folks among the Muslims do celebrate it but a far larger percentage says it is an innovation as such they don't celebrate it.

As for your New Year celebration which is what this Thread is about, go ahead and celebrate as the Romans have been doing before the birth of you man-god some 2,000 years ago

As for me and well informed Muslims, I am not celebrating nor offering any prayers on the day set aside to celebrate a pagan god: Janus of the Romans but for you go ahead and celebrate your Graco-Roman heritage.

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sterope:
Jesus wasnt born during winter. There is a big difference between spring and winter. Don't let someone fool you with composition.

Please do you have sight problem?? Read that short post again, forget about what your imams or alfas has told you.. Read the post again if winter was mentioned

Sterope:

Also, there are many pagan holidays associated on the very date. It is exactly the reason some Christian sects don't celebrate Christmas. Christmas celebration is an innovation.

There are many pagan holidays associated on the very date your prophet Muhammad was born, so what are you now insinuating?
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Sterope(f): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2021
You have a comprehension and sheeple problem.

SharonLoveth:

Please do you have sight problem?? Read that short post again, forget about what your imams or alfas has told you.. Read the post again if winter was mentioned

There are many pagan holidays associated on the very date your prophet Muhammad was born, so what are you now insinuating?

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Habladin(m): 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2021
Commendable
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lukuluku69:

And you had to type that tripe up there to justify that you have common sense? .

The problem with you slaves is that you don't want to learn and you forget that allah instructed you guys to always consults Christians and Jews when you are confused and in disarray.. Pls try to abide by this instructions allah gaveth you in Quran. Thanks

Lukuluku69:

As for your question on Mawlid Al nabbiyy, yes some misguided folks among the Muslims do celebrate it but a far larger percentage says it is an innovation as such they don't celebrate it.

I won't go international, here in Nigeria your number one slave the Sultan of Sokoto do celebrates Mawlid all nabbiy, do you know more than him?? So Sultan of Sokoto is now misquided Folk right?? Under sharia Law for saying this to your sultan, your head must have been cut off by now

Lukuluku69:

As for your New Year celebration which is what this Thread is about, go ahead and celebrate as the Romans have been doing before the birth of you man-god some 2,000 years ago

Why now reading that short post up there, instead of disgracing yourself and Islam just read the post pls.. Nobody is celebrating Roman gods or man made gods.. This Jesus Christ we are talking about is HIGHLY EXALTED more than Muhammad on earth and in heaven even in your Quran. Why is celebrating Jesus Christ giving you problem?

Lukuluku69:

As for me and well informed Muslims, I am not celebrating nor offering any prayers on the day set aside to celebrate a pagan god: Janus of the Romans but for you go ahead and celebrate your Graco-Roman heritage.

grin I now understand your suffering, just bomb any mosque you see ushering the new year tonight

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2021
Sterope:
You have a comprehension and sheeple problem.

I will help you out, just relax... If you can't read hope you will be able to view screenshot?

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by SharonLoveth(f): 1:42pm On Dec 31, 2021
SO WHO ELSE AGAIN IS READY TO LEARN??
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Sammerboi: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2021
May Allah (SAW) guide us to the right path.
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by rezzy: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
This night, I will observe this mosque right adjacent my room window.

I think they did it last year
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by eburuu: 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2021
[quote author=drlateef post=108959239][/quote]am on your side the op says he normally pray on that night ....but not for end of the year or for new year .....my brother a lot have been lead astray am so tired of explaining .....look in to the picture was that not stupidity of the highest order....presenting an actor picture to a christen as a Jesus picture...

1 Like

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Bimpe29: 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2021
The answer is capital NO.

The religion of Islam is based on the dictate of Allah and the traditions of His Prophet (Salla llahu alehi wasallam).

Hence, anything not directed by Allah or okayed by His Prophet is considered null and void.

Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Thanos5555: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2021
MENELIIK:

Yes, killing people in record number like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Koni and the Hutu and Tutsi of Rwanda that killed over 800,000 preciouis souls within just three months

Lollll they have done even worse than Hitler at least Hitler, we know say na devil enter. Am, but this one, it is called a religion of peace, and the killing is referred to as jihad, so they will get reward from God, for each head they kill
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by motayoayinde: 3:02pm On Dec 31, 2021
Lukuluku69:

They are ushering in Janus Birthday: The Roman god of beginning which the month January represents.

Do you celebrate with Muslims when they end Ramadan? Do you?

SALAAM BRO.

LONG TIME OFF HERE.
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by UncleKoboko: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2021
KingAzari:

And this your frigging swearing-in ceremony does not apply to Christian posts. Free your mind from the shackles of religion. There nothing like curse. People only suffer the consequences of their actions because for every action, there is equal and opposite reaction.
Shey bi na your papa get Nairaland so you can tell dem where to put swearing posts or not.
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by AgentNairaland(f): 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2021
Bimpe29:
The answer is capital NO.

The religion of Islam is based on the dictate of Allah and the traditions of His Prophet (Salla llahu alehi wasallam).

Hence, anything not directed by Allah or okayed by His Prophet is considered null and void.

I so much like what you said that your religion is based on the dictate of allah, these are my questions..

1. Where is it written in Quran that you should observe tahjud night A-side December 31st

2. Where is it written in Qur'an that you should pray five times a day

3. Where is it written in Quran that you should have more than four wives?
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Olaolar(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2021
UncleKoboko:

Or deh

Yet, signed this

"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This is how most of you bring generational curses and problems to yourselves.

You lie, steal and take everything as a joke.
the truth is enough for the whise and Ahlla says preach to them am the one who changed the mind
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Bimpe29: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
AgentNairaland:

I so much like what you said that your religion is based on the dictate of allah, these are my questions..

1. Where is it written in Quran that you should observe tahjud night A-side December 31st

2. Where is it written in Qur'an that you should pray five times a day

3. Where is it written in Quran that you should have more than four wives?

Answers to your question:

1. There was no direction or obligation for Muslims to observe Tahajud during 31st December but there's such verse to always observe Tahajud every night as provided for in Surat Israi ''Establish Prayer from the declining of the sun to the darkness of the night; and hold fast to the recitation of the Qur'an at dawn, for the recitation of the Qur'an at dawn is witnessed.''

2. The five times of Prayer are not explicitly written in the Quran, although they're certainly implied.

For example, the Surah 11 Hud, Ayat 114-114 reads, "And establish the Prayer at the two ends of the day and in the first hours of the night. Indeed the good deeds drive away the evil deeds. This is a Reminder to those who are mindful of Allah."

This seems to refer to Salat al-fajr, Salat al-maghrib and Salat al-'isha.

Surah 50 Qaf Ayat 39 goes, "Therefore, O Prophet (saws), bear with patience whatever they say, and keep up glorifying your Lord with his praise, before sunrise and before sunset. And glorify Him again in the night and also when are free from prostrations."

This seems to refer to Salat al-fajr, Salat al-asr and Salat al-'isha.

Surah 30 Rum Ayat 17-18 states, "So, glorify Allah in the evening and in the morning; all praise is for Him in the heavens and the earth- as well as in the afternoon and at noon."

This seems to refer to Salat al-fajr, Salat al-zuhr, Salat al-asr and Salat al-magrib.

If you take them together, they point to the Salat needing to be prayed five times a day.

3. Meanwhile, Muslims must not for any reason marry more than 4 wives as directed in Surat Nisai ''If you fear you cannot act fairly towards the orphans—then marry the women you like—two, or three, or four. But if you fear you will not be fair, then one, or what you already have. That makes it more likely that you avoid bias.''
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by louqas: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
SharonLoveth:

That is what you need most, you need to go back and read it all over again if my interpretation is different or against what you have there

After reading through the post again i also went to your comment i quoted which is

"This is a funny post of the year on Nairaland, you Muslims don't want to celebrate Christmas but you can perform tahaajud today 31st December, 2021 to welcome the New year 01/01/2022 should we Christians be telling you what first day of the year means and stand for?"

The bolded part clearly means you are saying the opposite of what the original post said. It was clearly stated there that muslims are not allowed to perform tahjud on 31st...its innovation thats clearly forbidden.... so only you know where you got the impression that muslims are allowed to do any tahjud on 31st

Now go back and read everthing over again and this time around slowly
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by 0Plurse: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2021
Myer:

Isnt a true Muslim meant to pray every day?
So why should the last day of the year (aka cross-over) be excluded?

The grouse here seems to be that Cross-over prayers is a Christian phenomenon. But actually it's a human phenomenon.
Most people regardless of religion or creed simply pray into the new year. Whether there is a cross-over service or not.

Don't be blinded by the hatred for other religions.

I understand that the thread can be confusing but let me clear something, I am a practicing Muslim and I will be doing night prayer in shaa Allah tonight. Because my intent is not to pray for crossover, but to pray because It is what i am used to. I have been performing night prayer at midnight since Monday and I intend to continue until I feel satisfied that my prayer is answered, in this case that doesn't make me go against the Islamic rulings and no sin committed. But in the case of doing It for crossover, it is Bid'ah, meaning it is an innovation and a Sinful act in Islam.
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Myer(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
0Plurse:

I understand that the thread can be confusing but let me clear something, I am a practicing Muslim and I will be doing night prayer in shaa Allah tonight. Because my intent is not to pray for crossover, but to pray because It is what i am used to. I have been performing night prayer at midnight since Monday and I intend to continue until I feel satisfied that my prayer is answered, in this case that doesn't make me go against the Islamic rulings and no sin committed. But in the case of doing It for crossover, it is Bid'ah, meaning it is an innovation and a Sinful act in Islam.

I get your point albeit religiously tainted as it is.

You're against the concept of Cross-over.
But whether it is termed cross-over or not, every Muslim prays into the new year.

So calling it a Bidah is just like Boko Haram giving western education a name when Islam actually promotes education (western or not).
Re: Can Muslim Perform A Special Prayer/tahaajud On December 31st? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2021
Ade3131:

What if you have a prayer request that you specifically want to make on that day...like having an intention to make supplications to Allah as you would do on other days...

So if this prayer and tahjood falls on the 31st of December, would that qualify for bidha?

that cant be called Bidha,because its just a coincidence. what i'm talking about is to reserve this day as special and therefore perform special prayers and tahajood. thats the bidha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab / Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? / The Beautiful Story Of Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.