Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,792 members, 7,851,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? (5068 Views)

Tinubu Is Now A Subject Of Mockery. / Peter Obi: "I Do Not Expect This Level Of Intolerance" - Okupe To AIT / Igbophobia: What Have Igbos Done To Other Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Blaze14k: 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2022
aribisala0:

I answered the question asked.

Now you say you do not like the answer.
First you must establish that that is what the people of the region want. Do you dispute that?
If no how do we determine what the people want?

Who said it will be easy? It is not supposed to be

The options I have given you are the only options
Go to war or use politics.

So because Nnamdi Kanu started making noise we should believe that is what Ibos want? Is that fair to those who are voting governors etc condemning IPOB?

The bottomline is that you have to rise up and start talking and acting like adults. This is not child's play . Put sentiment to one side and act rationally

I dunno y finally u dragged me into ipob issues.. buh if that maybe the case let them first of all remove that name tag terrorist because it completely decimated the whole movement. Funny enough its only nigeria that recognise ipob as terrorist group.
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by aribisala0(m): 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
Blaze14k:

Good governance, the ability to manage the little resources u have at ur disposal and still keep ppl happy. If you have ever heard of ebony state of which i doubt u have, go there and receive the biggest shock of ur life i dont need to mention his achievements the evidence is glaring
One problem you folk have is a dearth of civility and rationality.
You come on an online forum to assume what I know or do not know.
This is the fundamental attitudinal problem you have

The issue at stake is presidency

So

If your assumption is right that I have never heard of Ebonyi or Umahi
Why should I want him as president?
Part of being a "fine politician" is managing your public recognition and acceptability and if your target lies beyond your domain then the effort should be across all states

All those "achievements" that you claim are just wordy nonsense with no documented evidence anywhere.
All ex- governors in Nigeria can claim the same things

3 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by aribisala0(m): 5:44pm On Jan 01, 2022
Blaze14k:

I dunno y finally u dragged me into ipob issues.. buh if that maybe the case let them first of all remove that name tag terrorist because it completely decimated the whole movement. Funny enough its only nigeria that recognise ipob as terrorist group.
IPOB is not the summary of what you quoted.
I can only assume that you have nothing to say
How do we establish that the people want a referendum on Biafra?
Or we should just do it?
What is the job of the elected representatives? Who do they represent?

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 01, 2022
aribisala0:

OPTION 1
Elect people who will go to the National Assembly with that agenda
Elect governors who are committed to that agenda , Elect members of the House of Assembly with similar thinking
Pass resolutions calling for a referendum

Failure to elect such people indicates that it is a minority and unpopular view
In Scotland the ruling Party is the Scottish National Party with a clear independence agenda
Why can't IPOB do the same?
OPTION 2
Go to war again

They can never accept perfectly acceptable and obvious logic as you lay it out. They prefer blaming everyone because of their hypocritical nature that means they never say what they mean and never mean what they say.

The statement I hate the most from them is "if you don't want us why don't you let us go"?

Abeg a people who, in their millions, live, work and trade in every corner of Nigeria really want to leave Nigeria?

Igbos talk and act so childishly. Have they thought of a workable model that will facilitate their exit from Nigeria given they are the most dispersed Nigerians with many Igbos having more financial and familial investments outside ala Igbo than all other Nigerians have outside their region of origin?

Your very existence depends on trading across Nigeria and with other Nigerians. Igbos forget their prosperity is essentially due to their access to the wider Nigerian market which is one of the biggest in Africa.

What market will they have access to when they leave and other ethnic group muscle them out of trading in Nigeria?

Their overweening pride never allows them think anything through before they rush to blame other Nigerians for their own myopia and duplicity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by JOemmy(m): 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Did the Scottish only ask for referendum on social media?

You want referendum, yet, majority of the people in Anambra voted for parties like APGA, APC and PDP that does not believe in the division of Nigeria grin

You guys are jokers.

In Spain, the areas occupied by Catalonians, a party that believes in an independent country for Catalonians do win their election.

Ibos like you are jokers.

Did ur constitution allow a referudum why are u expecting south east politicians to clamour for something that's not included in the constitution some of u here are either clowns or just mishievous.

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Ekpeitit(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
CANNIBALISM, DRUG TRAFFICKING, 419,RITUAL KILLINGS ,ARMED ROBBERY AND meth.

2 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lol. In your delusion you become a world power by collectively gagging the only group capable of helping you achieve that dream. Is it on the Fulani, the TIV, the Ijaw or the who do you place this your hope? Tell your self the truth, your hope is on the Igbo. Tell me, how will you achieve your ambition if you keep fighting the great Igbo race?

kufre2010:
Igbos are suffering for trying to go against the will of God for Nigeria. Nigeria is not to be divided but to become a world power that will protect the black race.

Igbos need to be humble and stop bragging about how they are better and wiser than anyone else in Nigeria.

Then Igbos should embrace Igbos traditional cultures more just like Yoruba and Hausa and minimise their chanting of holy mary that does not help.

Jonathan run from church to church yet it did not help him win the 2015 election
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by tiger28: 12:12am On Jan 02, 2022
Ayomide811:
this is one of the reason we mock you.
Chest beat on top of nothing
I must put this on my DP............CLASSIC response to the PERPETUAL empty Barrels!
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by tiger28: 12:21am On Jan 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

How do some of you reason? Are they "marginalized" or are they the cause of their ethnic group being ostracized, distrusted and disdained?

Azikiwe worked deliberately and treacherously to frustrate Awolowo's effort to include a secession clause in our constitution yet arrogant Igbos have the nerve to claim "they won't let us go" today feigning ignorance of how Azikiwe's greedy and conniving action trapped them in Nigeria with no escape route.

Did Igbos want to go when, as Azikiwe claimed, every Igbo believed they had the "God-ordained" right to lead other Africans?

Igbos organized a coup and ethnically cleansed the leaders of others while sparring their own. Do you know what that did to the psyche of Nigeria and the instability it caused?

Ojukwu, out of greed for SS oil, arrogantly and lawlessly declared Biafra, against our constitution, and plunged Nigeria into war yet I have never met a single Igbo who blames that egocentric maniac for self-inflicted losses that befell Igbo as a result of the civil war.

It is Awolowo, Buhari, Danjuma, Adekunle, OBJ etal Igbos prefer to blame and savage for defending their Country in a war.

What else shows an unreasonable people more than that? Is war, that Igbos callously plunged Nigeria into, a tea Party?

Aguiyi Ironsi and his unification decree nko? The killer of regionalism and virtually the biggest mistake responsible for all Nigeria's problem today and done because, typically, the greedy Igbo man wanted total control over the lives and resources of others?

Till today Igbo , whether Kanu or the average street Igbo, never stop arrogantly claiming SS in their Biafra lunacy.

Kanu the liar and demented megalomaniac said Buhari offered him Biafra without the SS and he rejected it. Imagine the sheer arrogance !!!!

What is the population of the SS for Kanu to be attempting to 'comandeer' their existence and annex the future of the region in the same way Ojukwu attempted doing decades ago? Does anything ever change with Igbos? Are they a people who get better over time or learn from mistakes?

I could go on but point is clear. Igbos have done a lot of offensive things to other Nigerians, and they keep doing it to date, but apologizing and healing wounds is never an option for Igbos.

Playing victim , blaming all else, insulting other Nigerians and trying to humilate them is the preferred option for Igbos. Igbo man should look in the mirror abeg and stop dissturbing us with silly threads like this one. This is not 1954.
Wooowwwww!!!! I love your summary here. THis is an ACCURATE narration of igbos's inate attitude of greed and selfishness!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 12:48am On Jan 02, 2022
If you aren't successful nobody will envy you or want to be pulling you down...

It is a fruitful tree that is been thrown things at....

They are afraid of Igbos... They see igbo as gods, they can't love igbo and they are afraid to let them go either

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 12:51am On Jan 02, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Nobody is stopping the Igbos from leaving Nigeria

Just do it through the right way
can you tell us the right way this yoruba man
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 12:56am On Jan 02, 2022
tiger28:
Yorubas aren't waiting for Tinubu to be vindicated. YORUBAS haven't been bad in Politics,they have been instrumental in all elections while 5 percenter aren't.....Period!
ye Ogun state is in terrible mess, terrible roads and skull mining daily
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 02, 2022
JOemmy:

Did ur constitution allow a referudum why are u expecting south east politicians to clamour for something that's not included in the constitution some of u here are either clowns or just mishievous.

Define referendum, see I even helped you spell it correctly.
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ba7man(m): 7:00am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:
If you aren't successful nobody will envy you or want to be pulling you down...

It is a fruitful tree that is been thrown things at....

They are afraid of Igbos... They see igbo as gods, they can't love igbo and they are afraid to let them go either
With small pikin talks like this one, why won't they mock Igbos??
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 8:51am On Jan 02, 2022
ba7man:
Yoruba man... This 2022 try get sense

Mocking igbo doesn't change the reality on ground...
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 02, 2022
ba7man:

God bless you ojare. Azikiwe and co talked offensively like this 70 years ago and Igbos today still talk the same way.

In the case of Igbos, one wonder how long it will takes for them to understand the essentials of cordial human interpersonal relation as Yorubas, accomodators to all, do.

How long will it tak for Igbos to show basic human decency, towards others, decorum, humility and appreciation for good things done for them?

I have long conclused Igbos are hopeless. Dont be surprised the guy you quoted is a spare parts grease monkey at Ladipo yet he can write what is quoted below as if he lives on a distant planet and not Earth.

Truth is the average Igbo man lives in a bubble of self-deciet and delusions of grandeur that is very offensive to others who don't see what Igbos, Nigeria's biggest refugees with the worst leaders and most dysfunctionally backwards States, have to be proud about.

4 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 8:58am On Jan 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

God bless you ojare. Azikiwe and co talked offensively like this 70 years ago and Igbos today still tslk the same way.

In the case of Igbos, one wonder how long it will takes for them to understand the essentials of cordial human interpersonal relation as Yorubas, accomodators to all, do.

How long will it tak for Igbos to show basic human decency, towards others, decorum, humility and appreciation for good things done foe them?

I have long conclused Igbos are hopeless. Dont be surprised the guy you quoted is a spare parts grease monkey af Ladipo uet he can write what is quoted below as if he lives on a distant planet and not Earth.

Truth is the average Igbo man lives in a bubble of self-deciet and delusions of grandeur that is very offensive to others who don't see what Igbos, Nigeria's biggest refugees with the worst leaders and most dysfunctionally backwards States, have to be proud about.

you lament too much... Help expel them the way Malaysia did to Singapore

. Pussies
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:

. Pussies

Bros, insulting people is not gonna help you accomplish your goal. I hate to break it to you but you will have to expel yourselves by yourselves. Look around, you are not getting any help from outside forces to expel you out of Nigeria, not even the UN.

You will have to roll up your sleeves and go through the proper channels to get it done, yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 02, 2022
Nairalanders, including OP, can read the article below. Igbos always offensively and arrogantly think that they are smarter and more intelligent than others when no justification of such exist. This is what is behind their self-delusions, revisionism and blatant lies.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/zik-is-the-trouble-with-nigeria-2/amp/

. Zik is the trouble with Nigeria! (2)
July 13, 2020

By Douglas Anele

Even our revered erudite Emeritus Professor Chinua Achebe failed to appreciate the bold divide between Awolowo’s, call it local patriotism if you like, and Zik’s manifest egomania and selfishness.

Because of the Igbos’ blind, crass and uncritical evaluation of our Igbo leaders, I am writing a book with title, ZIK IRONSI OJUKWU – WRECKERS AND GRAVE DIGGERS OF IGBO NATION DEMYSTIFIED. At 79 years plus, I hope I will complete writing the book before I pass on.

Achebe said in his booklet, The Trouble with Nigeria, “As a student in Ibadan I was an eye witness to that momentous occasion when Chief Obafemi Awolowo “stole” the leadership of Western Nigeria from Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe in broad daylight on the floor of the Western House of Assembly and sent the great Zik scampering back to the “Niger” whence he came.”

In that same book, Achebe correctly and rightly stated as follows, “Here was a true nationalist (Zik) who championed the noble cause of “one Nigeria” to the extent that he contested and won the first general election to the Western House of Assembly. But when Chief Awolowo “stole” the government from him in broad daylight he abandoned his principle which dictated that he should stay in the Western House as Leader of the Opposition and give battle to Awolowo.

Instead he conceded victory to reactionary ethnic politics, fled to the East where he compounded his betrayal of principle by precipitating a major crisis which was unnecessary, selfish and severely damaging in its consequences.

“Professor Eyo Ita, an urbane and detribalized humanist politician who had just assumed office as Leader of Government Business in Enugu saw no reason to vacate his post for the fugitive from Ibadan. Neither did most of his cabinet which in sheer brilliance surpassed by far anything Enugu has seen or is likely to see again in a long time.

Using his privately owned newspapers and political muscle, Azikiwe maligned and forced Eyo Ita and his team out of office and proceeded to pack his own cabinet with primary school teachers, ex-police corporals, sanitary inspectors and similar highly motivated disciples who were unlikely to dispute anything he said. So the rule of mediocrity from which we suffer today received an early imprimatur in Eastern Nigeria of all places!

And that was not all. Professor Eyo Ita was an Efik, and the brutally unfair treatment offered him in Enugu did not go unremarked in Calabar. It contributed in no small measure to the suspicion of the majority Igbo by their minority neighbours in Eastern Nigeria – a suspicion which less attractive politicians than Eyo Ita fanned to red-hot virulence, and from which the Igbo have continued to reap enmity to this day.”

Zik probably thought that everybody was on mental holiday when he wrote in his autobiography- MY ODYSSEY on page 305 as follows-”Before the end of 1952 a crisis loomed in the ranks of the NCNC as a result of the unwillingness of certain NCNC-appointed Federal and Regional Ministers to toe the party line.(This is a long story which I hope to expand in a later volume.)

Consequently, I was drafted to contest an election into the Eastern House of Assembly and regularize this irregularity.” According to Dr. Okechukwu Ikejiani, in his autobiography, Zik did not write the later volume and I am aware that there was no crisis in the ranks of the NCNC anywhere at that time, except that introduced by Zik when he fled Ibadan, stormed Enugu and sacked Professor Eyo Ita, and his brilliant team even though Professor Eyo Ita was his party man and fellow easterner!

Zik deliberately and knowingly caused his party the NCNC to lose the government of Western Nigeria to Awolowo’s Action Group, created the eternal minority problem for the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria and above all, handed the fruit of independence struggle to feudalists who contributed nothing to the struggle, save delays and obstructions.

Some Nigerians, mostly Igbos contend that Awolowo’s action which was legal and constitutional was unfair and below the belt, even though he fought for the Yoruba nation and Westerners. Accepting this proposition as correct for the sake of argument as the professors say, for whom was Zik fighting when he drove away Eyo Ita, his party man and fellow easterner out of office?

I entered Ibadan University in 1964 with my advanced level papers in Physics and Mathematics to study Physics. During my second year in 1966, Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu and his men struck. After the long vacation of 1966, I packed my things from Ibadan and sought safety in flight at the Physics Department of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, where I graduated with a B.Sc. hons. degree, in Physics, University of Biafra 1967 because Biafra had been declared while we were doing our degree examinations and everything Nigeria in former Eastern Nigeria changed to Biafra.
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2022
Continued:

While we were doing our degree examinations, Oil Companies and others interviewed us for possible employment on graduation only to be confronted by a war of survival which was imposed on Biafra by Nigeria, therefore dashing our hopes of a greater tomorrow.

I am proud to say that I served as an officer in 12 COMMANDO BRIGADE, BIAFRA ARMY during the war. Though Biafra did not survive, Biafrans to the discomfiture and against the expectations of the Nigerian establishment survived in large numbers.

This made the Nigerian government to device new methods of giving the final solution to the Igbo problem by repressing, suppressing and oppressing us. For example, of the six geopolitical zones in the country, only the South East Zone where the Igbos are located has five states. The other zones have six states with one northern zone having seven states!

The alternating of the presidential seat between the north and south has been holding. For the 2023 elections when the presidential slot will go to the south, Ahmed Bola Tinubu from the South-West zone is warming up to take the slot even though the South West and South-South have had their turns. Bola Tinubu is planning to do to the Igbos exactly what Awolowo prevented Zik from doing to the Yorubas in the Western House of Assembly in 1951.

Perhaps it is convenient for Tinubu to forget that many Igbos such as Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Rear Admiral Ndubisi Kanu, late Mokwugo Okoye, Echukwu myself and many others were his compatriots in the NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC COALITION, NADECO, under the bold and brave leadership of Chief Anthony Enahoro which valiantly resisted the autocratic maximum leader, General Sani Abacha.

Anyway, to me, without restructuring the Nigerian polity, the presidency is not a worthwhile occupation for any patriotic southerner save the shameless lackeys of the northern feudal establishment. I do not agree with those who ask God to bless Nigeria without their leaders working hard to attract God’s blessing; for the ancient Romans said, “laborare est orare” which is, to work is to pray.

Since the end of the civil war, Igbos have not been accepted as partners and equal citizens in the Nigerian Project. What MASSOB and IPOB are saying is, since you don’t accept us, PLEASE LET US GO IN PEACE. In the concluding part of his broadcast to the nation during THE GLORIOUS JANUARY REVOLUTION as Comrade Ikenna Nzimiro, Emeritus Professor of Sociology , termed it, Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu said, “….WE PROMISE THAT YOU WILL NO MORE BE ASHAMED TO SAY THAT YOU ARE NIGERIANS. Since October 1960 till now, excepting the brief excruciatingly herculean but exciting time we spent in Biafra, I have always felt ashamed to say that I am a Nigerian.”

Mazi Chike Chidolue’s indictment of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe is quite interesting. But I will not engage in detailed critique of his main arguments now. Obviously, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe’s obsession with One Nigeria compelled him to take decisions that eventually proved extremely radioactive to southern Nigeria, on the one hand, and quite congenial to the stifling northernisation of the country, on the other.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who had been excoriated for introducing ethnic politics in Nigeria, seemed to have understood better than Dr. Azikiwe that forging a stable, harmonious, and egalitarian democratic country with the Fulani-dominated Muslim north is a mission impossible and wisely advocated a highly decentralised system of regional government.

But no matter his justification for joining Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon to destroy the eastern region, that singular decision entails that Chief Awolowo cannot be genuinely regarded as a committed democrat and humanitarian.

In all this, the extremely nauseating duplicitous role of British officials in handing over political power to Alhaji Tafawa Balewa who lacked the philosophical sagacity to govern has remained an albatross in Nigeria’s chequered history. One thing is clear though: great political leaders make great mistakes. Of course, Dr. Azikiwe was a great political leader and he made great mistakes. But to claim that “he is the trouble with Nigeria” is an unwarranted exaggeration.

CONCLUDED

VANGUARD
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 02, 2022
ariesbull:

. Pussies

You're the pussy even if you don't see that. You swarm every corner of Nigeria, like white on rice, to make money that is sent back to the barren and worthless East for sustenance of the region and your people .

Yet are you greatful to other Nigerians who provide you economically itinerant and vagrant people your essential lifeline?

No. You insult and demonize them daily to be claiming all other Nigerians are your problem yet you lack the honour to leave their region, forfeit the money you are making there, and head back to your barren region.

Pussy. I would not "lament", neither would most others on this thread, if yoi Igbos are not the worst revisionists in history who leave leave out essential and wholesale facts, detailing Igbo wrongdoing, to present yourself s as victims wronged by all others.

Look at the thread topic and who started it. Is that not the real lamentation here, and playing of victim card, that others are forced to respond to?

3 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Tingotoe: 9:25am On Jan 02, 2022
dialfa:
We don't need Igbo president.

We need Igbo country.
Nobody cares about what you need

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
OP, see below the realities of why Igbos are treated the way they are today. When we begin to examine history, it never favours Igbos.

It only shows you people up as grave wrongdoers who live in denial and continue to be committed to doing wrong today as your forefathers did decades ago.

Had it been that your historical wrongdoing were mistakes you have moved on from, and committed to atoning for, then other Nigerians would have forgotten those mistakes and assimilated you into the generality of their affairs all the way to the Presidency.

Look at the Jonathan Presidency you hijacked and turned into an Igbo Presidency you clamoured must be used to "punish" and marginalize others like the Yorubas and Fulanis?

Who is going to trust you with the Presidency when you show, again and again, over many decades, that you remain committed to clannish politics, tribalism and irredeemable hatred of others because of their ethnicity, religion and sectional affiliation?

And that was not all. Professor Eyo Ita was an Efik, and the brutally unfair treatment offered him in Enugu did not go unremarked in Calabar.

It contributed in no small measure to the suspicion of the majority Igbo by their minority neighbours in Eastern Nigeria – a suspicion which less attractive politicians than Eyo Ita fanned to red-hot virulence, and from which the Igbo have continued to reap enmity to this day.”

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Blaze14k: 10:29am On Jan 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

Continued:

Bro if you truely read this article and u truely believe that mistake azikiwe did by truely believing in one nigeria cannot be forgiven then you are a demon. The writer pointed out where azikiwe won a debate against awolowo at national assembly. Pls note that he wasnt suppressed it was a debate. Then the writer also pointed out where massob and ipob said since you dont trust us then let us go but the government refused. Alot of ppl here are saying you have to go through a rigorous process to get majority vote at lower and upper chamber. Let me ask you when awolowo and zik had that debate in 1953 did they go through those process? This issue of going back to regionalism was presented at the national assembly but it was swept under the capet. Why cant you understand that theres something wrong. The writer also pointed out were among all the 6 geopolitical zone its only southeast that has 5 states including one state from north central while the rest is 7 states.

Im really shocked you dont even understand what you posted
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Sunday2021: 10:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Blaze14k:

Asking for referendum is what.. the bad way?
can you show me any letter written to the national assembly asking for referendum?

2 Likes

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by waldigit: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2022
Love begets love, respect begets respect. What you sow you reap. Live is good.
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Blaze14k: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2022
Dsalvo:
OP, see below the realities of why Igbos are treated the way they are today. When we begin to examine history, it never favours Igbos.

It only shows you people up as grave wrongdoers who live in denial and continue to be committed to doing wrong today as your forefathers did decades ago.

Had it been that your historical wrongdoing were mistakes you have moved on from, and committed to atoning for, then other Nigerians would have forgotten those mistakes and assimilated you into the generality of their affairs all the way to the Presidency.

Look at the Jonathan Presidency you hijacked and turned into an Igbo Presidency you clamoured must be used to "punish" and marginalize others like the Yorubas and Fulanis?

Who is going to trust you with the Presidency when you show, again and again, over many decades, that you remain committed to clannish politics, tribalism and irredeemable hatred of others because of their ethnicity, religion and sectional affiliation?

Bro you have alot of hate in you try and cool off. You mentioned igbos insult people alot. Take for instance if someone insult the president how long do think he will spend in jail?

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Sunday2021: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2022
Blaze14k:

Let me point out something quickly for you.. the federal high court in abuja declared yan bindiga and an ta’adda groups and other groups associated with or engaged in the same or similar activities as yan bindiga and yan ta’adda groups as terrorist group yet the federal government refused to recognise these people as terrorist.

Ipob submitted memorandum to the national assembly requesting for devolution of powers and restructuring of Nigeria into six autonomous regions but the issue was never discussed. They went as far as meeting the British for support but they believe in one nigeria. At the process a law firm was hired to debate on this particular issue.

Now i want to ask you a question. How do you elect a representative when president buhari wasted no time in declaring ipob a terrorist group without arms and ammunition. Even the western countries dont recognise ipob as terrorist group yet malami and co are working so hard to convince them.

You just dont understand the hatred these people have for us
and who tells you that federal government refused to recognize them as terrorist? Some of you are illiterates I swear. First of all who took the issue to court? It was federal government that went to court seeking the declearation of bandits as terrorist.
Secondly, did you watch the Arise interview with Malami?
Whenever you want to open your mouth, pls ensure you have a first hand information about the subject matter.
If the north really hate you, they would have not received and accommodated you in the north.
Go to the north and see how igbos are leaving freely and they are also given lands to build their houses, can you say the same thing with the northerners leaving in the East?
75% of igbos are not residing in the East they are being received and accommodated in various parts of the country.
No government had ever patronize Innocent motors like the government of Buhari, is that one also hatred.
You killed many northerners last year in the East but the north remain quiet. Who hate who?
Always ask questions before coming here to open your mouth pls.

1 Like

Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by ariesbull: 10:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're the pussy even if you don't see that. You swarm every corner of Nigeria, like white on rice, to make money that is sent back to the barren and worthless East for sustenance of the region and your people .

Yet are you greatful to other Nigerians who provide you economically itinerant and vagrant people your essential lifeline?

No. You insult and demonize them daily to be claiming all other Nigerians are your problem yet you lack the honour to leave their region, forfeit the money you are making there, and head back to your barren region.

Pussy. I would not "lament", neither would most others on this thread, if yoi Igbos are not the worst revisionists in history who leave leave out essential and wholesale facts, detailing Igbo wrongdoing, to present yourself s as victims wronged by all others.

Look at the thread topic and who started it. Is that not the real lamentation here, and playing of victim card, that others are forced to respond to?

It's too early to start Lamenting...yhey would swarm everywhere and dominate your market, trade, economy and commerce until you expel them... Bunch of pussies

Crying everyday, your forefathers said the same thing about igbo yet they fought to keep them, now you kids are saying the same thing...

This is generational stupidity and congenital foolishness

Man up and send them away
Re: What Have Igbos Done To Deserve This Level Of Mockery? by Blaze14k: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2022
Sunday2021:
can you show me any letter written to the national assembly asking for referendum?

First of all i never said they wrote a letter to national assembly asking for referendum. National assembly make laws whereas referendum is like a vote of confidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Reno Gone Mad??? (SCREENSHOTS) / Ganduje Lacks Pedigree To Win Kogi, Bayelsa Poll For APC – NNPP / Kogi Governorship Election Results From INEC IREV Portal So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.