Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill (6538 Views)

Atiku To Tinubu: Your Padded Budget Has Translated To Padded Poverty, Insecurity / Buhari Declines Assent To Electoral Bill Due To Error Made By NA / Crisis Brews In NASS Over Sharing Of N578bn ‘padded Budget’ Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by hisexcellency34: 6:57am On Jan 04, 2022
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has said it was hypocritical for President Muhammadu Buhari to sign the heavily padded and unimplementable 2022 budget passed by the National Assembly but declined assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill.

The governor said the speed at which the President signed the 2022 budget which he had described as unimplementable was curious and smacks of insensitive to the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

Governor Wike stated this when he paid a New Year visit to the Enugu State Governor, Rt. Hon. Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in his hometown, Orba in Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State.

“Look at Mr. President the other day while he was signing the budget, he said the budget is unimplementable. But he went on and signed what is unimplementable. A budget that will determine the state of the economy, the progress of this nation, and the President knew this thing can’t work and he signed it. Then the Electoral Act, he said he will not sign it because direct primaries are too expensive.

“What concern me with party primaries. What concerns the poor people with party primaries? The one that concerns poor man, businessman, how to grow the economy, you signed it, knowing too well that it will not work.”

Governor Wike, who opined that the APC-led federal government has failed Nigeria, urged the people of Enugu to speak out against the poor governance the country is experiencing. He further advised them to join forces with well-meaning Nigerians to salvage the country.

“You must join the rest of Nigerians. Nigeria is dying. Will you be here to see Nigeria die? Is it the kind of Nigeria that people like Nnamdi Azikiwe fought for? A Nigeria that when you wake up, what you will hear is 20 people have died, 42 people have been kidnapped, 100 people have been abducted. Everyday death, death.”
https://independent.ng/it-is-hypocritical-of-buhari-to-sign-padded-budget-but-refuse-assent-to-electoral-act-bill-wike/

13 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by HeadNigga: 7:01am On Jan 04, 2022
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by maiiilooo(m): 7:01am On Jan 04, 2022
I don't blame him ..I blame our lawmakers, I thought the arms of government were supposed to have equal power ..
But you see this kwantree ..e don dabaru ..
Only God can help
And I pray for God's help

8 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by AntiBMC(m): 7:03am On Jan 04, 2022
You jus gotta love Wike. Whatever he’s smoking is so strong— he uses the highness to face the Aso Rock cabal when they least expect it cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Mko123(m): 7:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Actually I can't spot out the difference between the two. But the Aso rock man has influential degrees when it comes to economic devastation than the other.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by bcomputer101: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Let's stop blaming this detrimented mannequin. Someone that's not aware he's the president.

Buhari is the worst Pandemic to befall Nigeria.
Buhari is a mistake we must all make sure that it shouldn't reapeat itself again.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Victorclean1: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Wike should know that that electoral bill will definitely destroy corruption in election and that Nigeria is a nation identify as FANTASTICALLY CORRUPT AND BUHARI ACCEPTED IT WHEN HE WENT FOR CORRUPT SUBMIT IN UK THEN

Corruption is deep rooted in Nigeria any fight or proposal against corruption is a fight against most of the elites .

The fight for the electoral bill worth it. No need to give up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by tivereegega(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2022
My friend will you keep quiet
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Staru1(m): 7:07am On Jan 04, 2022
Na so
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by hisexcellency34: 7:07am On Jan 04, 2022
are we sure Buhari knows what he signed?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by everythinggirly(f): 7:08am On Jan 04, 2022
Governor wike get sense!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Wobatery: 7:08am On Jan 04, 2022
Buhari is a terrible human being

5 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2022
Buhari is the most hypocrital president Nigeria ever produce. Wetin me I know

5 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Houseofglam7(f): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2022
undecided
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by MrImole: 7:09am On Jan 04, 2022
Chai!

Englissss...
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by lomprico(m): 7:11am On Jan 04, 2022
Wike wetin night clubs and bars for Abacha Road do you?
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:12am On Jan 04, 2022
A thief as a president acting like Mr integrity! Na international thief him be!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Flyingngel(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2022
If Buhari that is old shld behave like this, I wonder a younger person that will behave differently as a president.
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by EternalBeing: 7:13am On Jan 04, 2022
Ok.
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by ahaika23: 7:14am On Jan 04, 2022
grin
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by AmazingELixir: 7:16am On Jan 04, 2022
grin
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:19am On Jan 04, 2022
I don't even understand why they rush to sign the budget before January. Like what benefit does that bring the nation?
Can someone educate me plz

2 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Omicron007: 7:19am On Jan 04, 2022
, come and defend your Darling Daddy as usual.
I have booked a space for you.

Unless you want to start complaining of 'No Salary' like the N-PUSSY N-POWER people grin

3 Likes

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Jack005(m): 7:19am On Jan 04, 2022
Too bad
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by system21: 7:29am On Jan 04, 2022
What change have APC brought for Nigeria electoral system?

1 Like

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Gentlevip: 7:30am On Jan 04, 2022
So na electoral bill go stop kidnapping abi?
Or u dey force urself on the lime to be seen?
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Shikini: 7:34am On Jan 04, 2022
Shame of a president

1 Like

Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Danmisra(m): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
I believe Nigeria will never know if Buhari has done better or not till we see the performance of the next president of Nigeria. There is an analogy that says" you will never know what you have until you miss it " and you will never know what you being missing until it arrives" 2023 is close by relax and just make sure you do something great in this to help your life and your family.
Re: Wike Critic Buhari For Signing Padded Budget But Refuse Assent To Electoral Bill by Brushstrokes20: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
Nigeria is in dire need of a SANE AND SOUND LEADER!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Falana Misquoted About FCT 25% Requirements / Us Embassy Advises Its Citizens To Be Ready For Evacuation If Strike Persists / Photos: President Buhari Worships God With His Eyes Opened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.