Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State (5332 Views)

Chris Aigbovbiosa-Ogiemwonyi Is Edo Governorship APC Aspirant / Is Olusegun Aganga A Corrupt Impostor? / Olusegun Aganga Finance Minister Interview Disses Sanusi. . .subliminally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Katsumoto: 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lmao @ you calling Katsumoto a buffoon. Hard for me to imagine you talking that way to your better.

Anyway, the indigenous people of Lagos are Yoruba. So it is indeed a Yoruba issue. If you don't like that fact, go hug a transformer (autobot or decepticon, your choice)

I know right; kinda like the chimp in a cage calling the zoo keeper an ape. LWMKD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I just ignored his asinine post as I try not to join issues with those 'soft in the head'.

This is someone who claims to be Anioma but preferred to attack the non-Igbo person that was proving that Nwawo, Trimmell, Keshi, and other Anioma sons were not involved in the first coup. Hatred makes one to lose his/her senses.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Dede1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
Katsumoto:

There was opposition to it the first time but it was ignored. Now the people of Lagos State want to correct the wrong. That an injustice (against the indigenous people of Lagos State) was committed the first time does not mean that it can't be corrected. As far as you are concerned, everything is tribalism

Granted the average citizen is not consulted when ministers are chosen but other states have their sons and daughters nominated and appointed as ministers. Why should Lagos be cheated out of that RIGHT? I am sure the representative of your state is from your state. If that is the case, then you have no moral right to accuse others of tribalism just because they want to enjoy the same privilege that you are enjoying in your state.

You can play with words all you can and feign ignorance for the leadership of Lagos State for nominating Olusegun Aganga not once but twice. Any person born, raised, resides and speaks the vernacular of a particular state is an indigene. Again, many people including the Yoruba were not original settlers in the acreage known as Eko and presently referred as Lagos State.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
Some Nigerians in The U.K are Members of parliament, Mayors and councillors. Even Barack Obama all the way from Kenya is the current president of U.S.A. Why can Nigerians learn from this examples?. If Aganga was born and raised in Lagos, there is no harm in him representing Lagos state.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by ektbear: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
Do people not know what the term indigene means? Dede1 clearly does not, for example. Being born in a place is not enough to be considered an indigene of that same place (temporarily ignoring the fact that Aganga wasn't born in Lagos.)
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
Anyone that loves Aganga soo much can give him his State seat or GEJ should give him the slot for Bayelsa
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Katsumoto: 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dede1:

You can play with words all you can and feign ignorance for the leadership of Lagos State for nominating Olusegun Aganga not once but twice. Any person born, raised, resides and speaks the vernacular of a particular state is an indigene. Again, many people including the Yoruba were not original settlers in the acreage known as Eko and presently referred as Lagos State.

Ok Dede1

Please tell us who was in Eko before the Awori people.

Andre Uweh:

Some Nigerians in The U.K are Members of parliament, Mayors and councillors. Even Barack Obama all the way from Kenya is the current president of U.S.A. Why can Nigerians learn from this examples?. If Aganga was born and raised in Lagos, there is no harm in him representing Lagos state.

Again you ask of others what you are yet to demonstrate yourself. Many capable non-igbo sons and daughters were born in Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia states; why have your states not shown such sophistication by appointing them as ministers instead of those indigenous to those states?
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
If Aganga is an athlete about to represent Lagos state at a National sports festival, would any one say no?.
Aganga sees himself as a Lagosian, and that is what he is, and that is the in thing.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 11:12pm On Jun 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Anyone that loves Aganga soo much can give him his State seat or GEJ should give him the slot for Bayelsa

Roflmao  grin grin grin grin grin

Assuming Aganga is fully Yoruba but from Ogun state for example but was born and raised in Lagos, are you saying that he should not be qualified to be the governor of Lagos?. If we continue pushing this rule, when can people assimilate into the society fully in Nigeria?.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2011
Katsumoto:

Ok Dede1

Please tell us who was in Eko before the Awori people.

Again you ask of others what you are yet to demonstrate yourself. Many capable non-igbo sons and daughters were born in Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia states; why have your states not shown such sophistication by appointing them as ministers instead of those indigenous to those states?
Am from Imo state and now, Owelle Rochas has appointed Mike Okiro from Rivers state as an adviser as well as a well known athlete from another state as an adviser.
Aganga's affiliation is Lagos state and it is no sin for him to represent the state that is his life. This is 2011, so everything is ahead and ahead. Backwards never.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Katsumoto: 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Am from Imo state and now, Owelle Rochas has appointed Mike Okiro from Rivers state as an adviser as well as a well known athlete from another state as an adviser.
Aganga's affiliation is Lagos state and it is no sin for him to represent the state that is his life. This is 2011, so everything is ahead and ahead. Backwards never.

Andre,

That is different; in this case, each states gets ONLY ONE nomination. Advisers are different.

The same Lagos you are being unfair to has an Igbo man in its cabinet and he isnt the first.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2011
Katsumoto:

Andre,

That is different; in this case, each states gets ONLY ONE nomination. Advisers are different.

The same Lagos you are being unfair to has an Igbo man in its cabinet and he isnt the first.
If Aganga produces his birth certificate and it boldly shows that he was born in (LUTH) Lagos. His education points to Lagos as well as his employment history, would you at that instance say he is not a Lagosian?.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by step1: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dede1

I think you do not know much about Lagos. Lagos was called Oko by the original settlers which are the Aworis. The term Eko used by Bini is the corrupted form of the word Oko after the bini built a war camp in the area. The Oba of Lagos is a full fleshed yoruba because if he is Edo, then I must be Edo then and I am not. Do you understand that.

@ topic

Aganga can not represent Lagos because he is not yoruba plain and simple. This is not being ethnocentric or tribalistic but the reality is the PDP SW is dying and we need someone that can organise the people to believe in PDP again. Well Aganga cannot do that. No hard feeling for my Edo brothers or anyone that feels offended but that is the reality.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by jason123: 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dede1 you are soo so silly, infact, its almost unbelievable. Why can't people do that in the South East It's only other regions of the country that practice this, the SE would NEVER do such. Infact, if a person from Imo goes to Eungu, he will not get a slot. Take a look at Abia state with the Ngwas. You are even marginalising your own people YET you open that you stupi.d fingers to start advising people Dumbas5

You think you can hide your level of stupi.dity under you "grammar"? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but you silliness shows like an oasis in the desert! Anofia like you, tufiakwa!!! grin grin cheesy

Dede1:

I have deadly aversion for deluded Agama Lizard such as you. Granted Nigeria claims to indulge in a system known as democracy, the recent political uproar about Olusegun Aganga’s ministerial nomination is instigated by tribalism period.

I have to pose this question the second time to a jackass such as you. Who are responsible for nominating candidates for ministerial appointment in the current political dispensation in Nigeria? Were the nominators of Olusegun Aganga in his first ministerial duty not privy to the latest phrase- “citizens indigenous to states”?

Guys, if a state wants its INDIGENES to represent them, I don't see the hassle. I mean, because Lagos state is the commercial center does not mean we should neglect the indigenes, after all, they gave us their land to use.
This is just ONE slot, haba, give it to the Aworis and Egun people (the real indigenes)!!!

Abuja is the current capital, yet no body from the South can say this sort of crap at the Hausas that over lord the Gwaris. It only when its Lagos state, you will start hearing the likes of DEDE1, all the way from the SE, shouting that someone deserves a slot!!! Such selfishness!!! Is it until these people take up arms like the ND before we start showing some respect?

Btw, for those of you shouting Eku bear down, Lagos is a SW state and so is Ekiti. So he has more rights to talk about Lagos than any of you guys!!! E gba be!!!! cheesy
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Jason123, how many times today have you called Dede1 names?. I hereby warn you to stop all this insults on Dede1.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

Dede1

I think you do not know much about Lagos. Lagos was called Oko by the original settlers which are the Aworis. The term Eko used by Bini is the corrupted form of the word Oko after the bini built a war camp in the area. The Oba of Lagos is a full fleshed yoruba because if he is Edo, then I must be Edo then and I am not. Do you understand that.

@ topic

Aganga can not represent Lagos because he is not yoruba plain and simple. This is not being ethnocentric or tribalistic but the reality is the PDP SW is dying and we need someone that can organise the people to believe in PDP again. Well Aganga cannot do that. No hard feeling for my Edo brothers or anyone that feels offended but that is the reality.
The brainless part of your post is in bold. So a Yoruba man can from Kwara state can represent Lagos because he is Yoruba while Aganga, who was born, raised and worked in Lagos can not represent Lagos. I know you can chat something bettter than the bolded part.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by step1: 12:03am On Jun 18, 2011
jason123:

Guys, if a state wants its INDIGENES to represent them, I don't see the hassle. I mean, because Lagos state is the commercial center does not mean we should neglect the indigenes, after all, they gave us their land to use.
This is just ONE slot, haba, give it to the Aworis and Egun people (the real indigenes)!!!

Abuja is the current capital, yet no body from the South can say this sort of crap at the Hausas that over lord the Gwaris. It only when its Lagos state, you will start hearing the likes of DEDE1, all the way from the SE, shouting that someone deserves a slot!!! Such selfishness!!! Is it until these people take up arms like the ND before we start showing some respect?

Btw, for those of you shouting Eku bear down, Lagos is a SW state and so is Ekiti. So he has more rights to talk about Lagos than any of you guys!!! E gba be!!!! cheesy

Ese egbon mi. I hope Lagos does not get to that stage so as to sink some sense to this people especially like of Dede1. What cannot be done in FCT can be done in the SW. What rubbish, Lagos is not multi-ethnic because it was the formal capital. It is multi-ethnic because of the accommodating nature of the AWORIS and Egun now if that is taken for granted there will be riots as seen in 1993 , 2000. Calabar was the formal capital but I do not see people wanting to be in the position of power but when it comes to Lagos will will see people especially from the SE fighting like it is there rights. This is one of the reasons I do not like ACN.

Well I have news for you, if this continues you people will lose a lot and that is the truth.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by jason123: 12:04am On Jun 18, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@Jason123, how many times today have you called Dede1 names?. I hereby warn you to stop all this insults on Dede1.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who are you to warn me WHAT!? grin grin grin grin ROMFL!!!!

Anyway, that guy can be annoying at times. Can a Yoruba man tallk about an issue in Owerri without been cursed to the next morning?? The issue is, pinch yourself before you pinch others! LET THE INDIGENES HAVE A SLOT! Must they result to the ND style before we hear them Btw, I do not comment of Lagos issues even though I stayed there, so what rights does Dede1 have to comment on such issues when he is not there or not an indigene We do not feel their pains so allow them to select their own afterall, this was the same mentality that got Gej re-elected. undecided
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by jason123: 12:06am On Jun 18, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The brainless part of your post is in bold. So a Yoruba man can from Kwara state can represent Lagos because he is Yoruba while Aganga, who was born, raised and worked in Lagos can not represent Lagos. I know you can chat something bettter than the bolded part.

It has never happened. STOP LYING!!!
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by jason123: 12:08am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

Ese egbon mi. I hope Lagos does not get to that stage so as to sink some sense to this people especially like of Dede1. What cannot be done in FCT can be done in the SW. What rubbish, Lagos is not multi-ethnic because it was the formal capital. It is multi-ethnic because of the accommodating nature of the AWORIS and Egun now if that is taken for granted there will be riots as seen in 1993 , 2000. Calabar was the formal capital but I do not see people wanting to be in the position of power but when it comes to Lagos will will see people especially from the SE fighting like it is there rights. This is one of the reasons I do not like ACN.

Well I have news for you, if this continues you people will lose a lot and that is the truth.

My Awori friend, it will not get to that stage. Igbos are very cool, it only the likes of Dede1 that can be very annoying at times. cool
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2011
jason123:

Reread my post. I did not say that it has happened before. Step1 claimed that only Yorubas are fit for positions meant for Lagos. As a result I asked him that question.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by step1: 12:10am On Jun 18, 2011
jason123:

Even if it happens I see no problem in that. As I have said before, "we are a very accommodating people but once an outsider gets involved in out politics then there is trouble"
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by step1: 12:12am On Jun 18, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Reread my post. I did not say that it has happened before. Step1 claimed that only Yorubas are fit for positions meant for Lagos. As a result I asked him that question.

What is your problem with Lagos and yoruba people. Edo, Itsekiri people understand the SW politics so why is it that you from the SE are complaining or is he your relative.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by jason123: 12:16am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

What is your problem with Lagos and yoruba people. Edo, Itsekiri people understand the SW politics so why is it that you from the SE are complaining or is he your relative.

That is what is surprising. Even an Uhrobo man said," I do not see a problem with this". Its only peeps like Dede1 that will see something to say sha . . . undecided. I have not seen one Edo or Itsekiri man complain so far. Even I , stayed as far as possible from this topic out of respect for the REAL Lagosians.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 12:34am On Jun 18, 2011
step1:

Boy, you turned a simple logic upside down and I pointed it out. Moreover, if others do not come here to comment does not mean they are happy about the wrong that is to be handed to Aganga. Keep on living in the dark ages.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Chyz2: 12:39am On Jun 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lmao @ you calling Katsumoto a buffoon. Hard for me to imagine you talking that way to your better.

Anyway, the indigenous people of Lagos are Yoruba. So it is indeed a Yoruba issue. If you don't like that fact, go hug a transformer (autobot or decepticon, your choice)

Lmao @ the way this groupie(dapo) comes to fight for his idol!

Anywaya,  No Yoruba issue at all. Besides lagos is a no mans land, meaning, it belongs to everybody. cool
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by Chyz2: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2011
Katsumoto:

I know right; kinda like the chimp in a cage calling the zoo keeper an ape. LWMKD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I just ignored his asinine post as I try not to join issues with those 'soft in the head'.

This is someone who claims to be Anioma but preferred to attack the non-Igbo person that was proving that Nwawo, Trimmell, Keshi, and other Anioma sons were not involved in the first coup. Hatred makes one to lose his/her senses.

"Proving" Nwawo, Trimmel, Keshi, were not involved in the coup but accusing them of aiding Biafran troops with no proof. U r a funny dude girl Lol
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by ektbear: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2011
Chyz*:

Lmao @ the way this groupie(dapo) comes to fight for his idol!
No groupie of him at all. He is one of the few posters on this forum I have respect for, that is all.

But as someone else said about you, you doing what you did is the equivalent of an inanimate object (somebody's toothpaste) insulting a human being.

You simply are not on his level to be talking like that.

Anywaya,  No Yoruba issue at all. Besides lagos is a no mans land, meaning, it belongs to everybody. cool
Hehe. Feel free to test that hypothesis. Go to Lagos and shout it in the streets. See what fate befalls you. Next time I go there, we can arrange this experiment, if you like.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by igboboy1(m): 5:12am On Jun 18, 2011
wow Yorubas are really on some anger troll, they have lost bankole to efcc, lost top 5 positions in the country mainly due to the ijaw man and the NW and now to make themselves feel better they are attacking olusegun aganga after attacking HID awolowo,

Stop crying over spilled milk, Aganga is lagosian whether u like it or not (apparently all those educated crap u guys have been telling us were lies, the most educated in the SW are not even Yoruba hence the emergence of the most competent man from that area as finance oga)
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 10:03am On Jun 18, 2011
igbo boy:

wow Yorubas are really on some anger troll, they have lost bankole to efcc, lost top 5 positions in the country mainly due to the ijaw man and the NW and now to make themselves feel better they are attacking olusegun aganga after attacking HID awolowo,

Stop crying over spilled milk, Aganga is lagosian whether u like it or not (apparently all those educated crap u guys have been telling us were lies, the most educated in the SW are not even Yoruba hence the emergence of the most competent man from that area as finance oga)
In the past, I thought it was only their secondary school drop-outs like BK, seanet etc who were tribalistic, but am glad this thread has further exposed more tribalists.
well done o.p.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by playmode(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2011
And why does the President of Nigeria need to select a minister from each state?  undecided  Are we not supposed to select ministers based on their respective qualifications ,experience and intellectual capacity to handle and manage their specific potfolios I must say that Nigeria is has probably the dumbest system of Government on planet earth.

Merit is thrown out of the window and replaced with state of origin. *sigh* and this is the country that claims to have the best brains in Africa  undecided

Our intellectual decay just seems to worsen day by day  cry

And you tribal bigots are busy displaying your obviously degenerated IQs on this thread , Yoruba this, Igbo that angry You people are the the ones responsible for the kind of leadership we have in this country. Instead of addressing issues and promoting ideas that will benefit us collectively as a nation,you are all busy busy screaming about your individual tribes.How pathetic and typically Nigerian you all sound. angry
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by AndreUweh(m): 10:55am On Jun 18, 2011
playmode:

And why does the President of Nigeria need to select a minister from each state? undecided Are we not supposed to select ministers based on their respective qualifications ,experience and intellectual capacity to handle and manage their specific potfolios I must say that Nigeria is has probably the dumbest system of Government on planet earth.

Merit is thrown out of the window and replaced with state of origin. *sigh* and this is the country that claims to have the best brains in Africa undecided

Our intellectual decay just seems to worsen day by day cry

And you tribal bigots are busy displaying your obviously degenerated IQs on this thread , Yoruba this, Igbo that angry You people are the the ones responsible for the kind of leadership we have in this country. Instead of addressing issues and promoting ideas that will benefit us collectively as a nation,you are all busy busy screaming about your individual tribes.How pathetic and typically Nigerian you all sound. angry
You do have valuable points in your post above, however, you may start another thread that will discuss issues you raised here. Here it is about Aganga. Are you against him not to be a minister because some people feel that he is not from Lagos state?. Deal with it.
Re: Olusegun Aganga Is Edo And Cannot Represent Lagos State by aloyemeka1: 11:24am On Jun 18, 2011
playmode:

And why does the President of Nigeria need to select a minister from each state?  undecided  Are we not supposed to select ministers based on their respective qualifications ,experience and intellectual capacity to handle and manage their specific potfolios I must say that Nigeria is has probably the dumbest system of Government on planet earth.

Merit is thrown out of the window and replaced with state of origin. *sigh* and this is the country that claims to have the best brains in Africa  undecided

Our intellectual decay just seems to worsen day by day  cry

And you tribal bigots are busy displaying your obviously degenerated IQs on this thread , Yoruba this, Igbo that  angry  You people are the the ones responsible for the kind of leadership we have in this country. Instead of addressing issues and promoting ideas that will benefit us collectively as a nation,you are all busy busy screaming about your individual tribes.How pathetic and typically Nigerian you all sound. angry

Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The North Is Not One And Will Never Be In 2015 / The Principal Of Government Secondary Katsina Has Been Assasinated / Unorthodox: The World Laugh As Buhari Cut Down Trees In Abuja (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.