Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders (16135 Views)

2023: Jonathan Congratulates Presidential Flagbearers / 2023: Jonathan's Lawyer, Omare Reacts After Court Clears Jonathan / 2023: Jonathan’s Factor Alters Calculations In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:56am On Jan 09, 2022
• Why rumored presidential bid is losing steam in ruling party

Inspite of overtures by some Northern governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to fly the flag of the party in next year’s election, there is no commitment yet from President Muhammadu Buhari or key party leaders on the matter, The Nation can now report.

It was learnt that the ex-President is still consulting on whether or not to contest or remain a statesman.

Jonathan is believed to have lost the backing of some Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors, especially his anointed choice in one of the South-South states.

The particular governor is said to have ruled out the prospect of another Jonathan presidency under any guise.

According to an investigation conducted by our correspondent, the cold shoulder from the PDP governors was capitalised upon by some APC Northern governors to woo Jonathan.

The APC governors opted for Jonathan because he is only entitled to one term, after which power would return to the North.

It was gathered that Jonathan’s candidacy is not acceptable to more than three APC governors.

A top source, who spoke in confidence with our correspondent, said: “Some Northern governors have reached out to Jonathan on 2023 presidency and the need to be APC flag bearer.

“The permutations of the governors border on fostering a North and South-South alliance with some elements in the South-West in 2023.

“The governors believe that with one term for Jonathan from 2023, the presidency can return to the North in 2027.

“But many APC governors are not buying into the Jonathan project at all. They claimed that if Jonathan secures APC presidential ticket, there would be no justification for the 2015 ouster of PDP from power by the ruling party.”

Findings from some close associates of Jonathan confirmed that he is interested in the presidency but he wants the ticket on a platter of gold.

The ex-President is said to have confided in some members of his former cabinet.

A former Minister said: “So far from interactions with him, the ex-President appears to be interested but he is not convinced of the genuineness of the overtures.

“Some APC governors came to beg him to run for the 2023 presidency on the platform of the party.

“I think the affected APC governors are aware of the fact that Jonathan has lost grounds in PDP. They see him as a big catch to renew the aged alliance between the North and the South-South as was the case during the Second Republic.

“The talks are still ongoing. Jonathan has been awaiting a firm commitment from President Muhammadu Buhari and key APC leaders but this is not forthcoming. His terms are to join APC and get the presidential nomination.

“Buhari, who said he won’t disclose his preferred candidate for 2023 presidential race, sticks to due process and he has not given any green light to Jonathan.

“Many APC stalwarts are also not excited by likely defection of Jonathan from PDP to their party. Apart from his gentle disposition and democratic credentials, they don’t rate him as a political asset.

“But Jonathan’s aspiration has received the blessing of two former presidents/heads of state.”

Investigation revealed that Jonathan has been boxed into a corner in PDP by some governors and presidential aspirants.

A party source added: “The truth is that Jonathan is not finding it easy in PDP. The PDP governors hold the party’s structure and they are not looking towards Jonathan.

“In fact, Jonathan is no longer enjoying the confidence of PDP governors. He seems to have fallen out with a South-South governor he installed in 2015. The governor has ruled out Jonathan from 2023 presidential race.

“Among PDP governors, there are presidential aspirants, including Jonathan’s 2010 /2011 chief strategist, Sen. Bala Mohammed (Bauchi), Barr. Nyesom Wike (Rivers) and his old foe, Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Sokoto).

“Ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar, whom Jonathan defeated at the presidential primary election in the past, is stronger now than the ex-President.

“The option left for the ex-President is to take the risk and plunge himself into the race to try his luck.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-jonathan-yet-to-get-backing-from-buhari-apc-leaders/

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2022
grin

Jonathan popularity in the north is rising incredibly.. and thwarting that of Atiku.. the North wish for him more than Atiku.. and some northern Apc governors wants to take advantage

The Yoruba people in Apc are not finding this funny, because they led the propaganda that oust him and coming back means they lost everything

Pdp has by impliedly zoned Presidency to north and that cuts Gej off.. North has already circle on a candidate.

If Na me be Gej , not to be deceive by Apc and his rising popularity in the north.. loyalty is everything and will be rewarded

After all Apc has the option of Yoruba Tinubu and Osibanjo that has been getting endorsement by all Nigerians, especially northerners cheesy. And have already made 50 million votes each.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by uncleck: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2022
Buhari will NEVER support a Jonathan's presidency. GEJ will instantaneously loose my respect the day he declares interest for the position

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by maiiilooo(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2022
This guy wan finally turn mumu ooo

I've always disliked people that allow themselves to be used and dumped

When are we going to get a president with balls like Trump undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by freelancerrr: 8:00am On Jan 09, 2022
Make una leave Bros Jonna make em rest abeg angry

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by lomprico(m): 8:08am On Jan 09, 2022
He will be really really stupid if he accepts.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by alanto: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2022
maiiilooo:
This guy wan finally turn mumu ooo

I've always disliked people that allow themselves to be used and dumped

When are we going to get a president with balls like Trump undecided
Buhari has balls. Balls of steel in fact. And he has done his part for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Tinubu has balls. I don’t know anyone else. Atiku like Buhari have had many tries. You are going to see plenty padi padi and nepotism during his tenure because he already owes too many people. He has had many tries and all the people that supported him each time will be compensated. So don’t expect him using any competent hand for any rightful position just like we saw with Buhari.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by seunmsg(m): 8:25am On Jan 09, 2022
Jonathan will come last if he decides to contest for APC presidential ticket. He should not allow the 2 or 3 governors flying this kite to push him to disgrace. However, it’s a democracy so he’s welcomed to the race.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Truthisunique2: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2022
Tinubu newspaper is obsessed with backing of Buhari on a man that isn't in his party or partnered with buhari at anytime

They are not worried about tinubu not getting backing from a president he helped install in 2015 2019

All this is just shameful reverse physiology to switch shame to gej that isn't even interested in presidency and cover opolor eye that is desperate for 2023 but now an orphan to buhari

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2022
seunmsg:
Jonathan will come last if he decides to contest for APC presidential ticket. He should not allow the 2 or 3 governors flying this kite to push him to disgrace. However, it’s a democracy so he’s welcomed to the race.

He won’t fall for the trap.. we know that will unite Yoruba Apc ..

He’s wife is patience.. he will be patient.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2022
seunmsg:
Forget all this useles report.

The APC have no plan to field GEJ and GEJ have no plan to contest.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Truthisunique2: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by seunmsg(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2022
Asgard63:

He won’t fall for the trap.. we know that will unite Yoruba Apc ..

He’s wife is patience.. he will be patient.

Well, let’s wait and see.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Shetemi12(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2022
Only a foolish person will think Jonathan will run again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2022
seunmsg:

Well, let’s wait and see.

cool
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by joe54: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2022
FAKE NEWS. FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

From the office of the Drug Baron, frog eyed, thief, the supposed owner of èko.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2022
GEJ needs no backing from the lifeless one and his zombies angry

Every sane Nigeria should come out in mass and vote for Jonathan

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:

Tinubu stipend collectors will do anything online just for peanuts and crumbs thrown at them

seunmsg:

Cheap stipend collector. Peanuts from Bullion van at work

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
Na so?
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by money121(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by H2ho(m): 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
shocked shocked

Not again....I had no shoes grin grin
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Fedrick100: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2022
I don’t want someone from Apc And Pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Jokerman(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Why are these people rotating this thing amongst themselves....

Give me Osinbanjo or Peter Obi please!!!

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Guyman02: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Jonathan can become president of Mali since that's where he has been working for Buhari.
Jonathan is not the kind of leader we need now, he is weak, imagine sacking Late General Azazi his own Ijaw brother as NSA when some northern elders complained about insecurity in their region which was clearly their own creation to weaken his Govt and take over power at the centre.

Jonathan then brought in Sambo Dasuki as NSA whom Pa Akande revealed in his book was secretly working for APC emergence.
To finish himself kpatakpata he sacked General Ihejirika when the same northern elders including Buhari claimed that his killing of Boko Haram insurgents was him taking revenge for Biafra.

If not for his wife Patience Late Prof Dora Akunyili and Senator David Mark, Turai the wife of Late Yar'adua and General Danbazau then Chief of Army would have taken over Aso Villa while he was doing Sime-sime.

The only good part of his Administration was getting some capable hands to run some agencies and ministries

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by EMIRofPUSSY: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
shocked

APC is a devilish party hurriedly put together to wrestle power from a demonic PDP that wasted sixteen precious years but could not even develop their party headquarters.

Both parties have failed Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Brendaniel: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
I never supported Jonathan administration based on his style of handling things and Buhari became a failure in his administration, going back to Jonathan is a no no for me, the only reason I will support Jonathan is if he is going there to divide the south from the north, Infact any southern leader I can give my support should have that in mind of dividing the south from the north, cause the north will ensure any southern president will not have it easy like Jonathan's time which will slow the growth of the country...

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by Spirit247: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
Like if you agree that Lust for money, lust for women, lust for fame and lust for power: these are the major Traps of Satan for Men.

"You are supposed to mentally and Prayerfully Fight to be permanently Delivered from Lust as you would Fight with a man that wants to kill you!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll2iJOFWY-M

Memen:

Please bro I didn't know how I can reach you for daily teachings of the word of God. I need you to put me through the word...I need someone to strengthen me in the faith even if I have to pay. How can I reach you please
You shall become transformed from a child of GOD to a Son of GOD if you listen attentively and watch this to the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWVD4An9MwE

You can also Google how to covert the following to mp3 and then download them to listen. Even Heaven-focused Canadians, Americans, Europeans, etc are now addicted to the Revelatory Teachings of Apostle Arome Osayi, Apostle Joshua Selman and Apostle Michael Orakpo. Many have confirmed that the CREATOR of Humanity intentionally sent this 3 Apostles to pull off every veil of Deception and Errors that could Prevent those that truly Love the SOURCE of Life from being perfectly Liberated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7lmfoX4XEY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by WibusJaga: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2022

Very much doubt GEJ is interested in contesting again.
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by legallyminded: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Hmm... I saw this article coming
Re: 2023: Jonathan Yet To Get Backing From Buhari, APC Leaders by countryfive: 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
shocked if buhari will not surpport jonathan that means he will not pick any southerner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku: DSS’ Alarm Of Interim Govt Plot Fake; It’s Ploy To Arrest Opposition / My Abductors Wanted To Kill Me — Falae / Top 10 Questions Arising From President Buhari’s Health-induced Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.