Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,249 members, 7,953,933 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? (1489 Views)

How Often Should A Guy Change His Singlet In A Week? / Guys, How Do You Feel About The Lady You Had Your First Time With? / How Often Should A Guy Change His Boxers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Payoyo(f): 1:18am On Jun 18, 2011
A friend of mine is in a confused state. He's so much in love with a lady and wants to settle down with her very soon. But the problem lies with father of the lady by insisting that my friend should change from his church (Catholic church) to any pentecostal church. My friend really loves this girl and doesn't want his church. He comes from a very core and devoted catholic family.

Your honest and urgent advise is needed. Thanks.
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Dyt(f): 1:25am On Jun 18, 2011
Yh sacrifice we call it
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by obowunmi(m): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2011
A huge part of marriage is compromise so he can start now. I don't see the big deal in changing church.
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2011
Change even change your RELIGION, SEX, IDENTITY AND NATIONALITY
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by UcheCuba: 12:15am On Jul 09, 2011
Never change your church because you want to marry a woman, Never!!!

That father-in-law is the most unwise father-in-law I've heard!!

What if you change for the wedding and later after the said wedding go back to your church? What will he do?

As if Catholics will not go to heaven,,only pentecostals that will go to heaven!!!

The girl is supposed to marry into your family and she has to accept you with all your rosary or you will end giving up alot more than just your supplications to Virgin Mary!!
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Advocator: 12:39am On Jul 09, 2011
If she won't accept you for who you are and what you stand for, then she is not a keeper. My answer is NO.
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 09, 2011
Fe What Nah? undecided
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by bikokwe(m): 1:01am On Jul 09, 2011
For me i will not .I love my church and i wont change cuz of a lady NO
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by MMM2(m): 3:26am On Jul 09, 2011
Op
Tell ur friend dat after changing church,

He should also change his surname 2 d ladys surname. angry
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Enoquin(f): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2011
Forget what everyone else is saying, let your friend decide what is best for him in the long run. At least the potential father-in-law never said the girl's church but any pentecoastal church. Yes, everyone can say it doesn't matter, but when your kids come in, it does.
In Nigeria, for example, we are used to celebrating for every little thing, whose church will the baby's dedication be in? Whose church will the kids attend? If the your friend wants a close family knit, he won't get it with everyone going to different units.
In the end, it's his decision. Nothing is too small to be done for love. You, get to decide the route to your happiness.iness.
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by iice(f): 12:17pm On Jul 10, 2011
If both are adamant to stay where they are, better let it go.
If your religion sums up a large part of you. . .changing requires changing a large part of you too.
Now would you be better off or worse off?
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Tosinville(m): 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2011
Naw!!!
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by MrCork17: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2011
well if she gives me puuuny, i will register at any church of her choice! wink
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by 2Praise: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2011
I wonder who is getting married to who and also to what! undecided

Religion is not the problem. lts the traditions and laws tht come in whnever u want to celebrate a function!

This father needs to get things right! whtever makes him think tht marriage will be better if they became pentecostals & not catholics or viceversa?

hd rather step aside and let them agree on whts best cz they r in love!
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2011
I go all churches as long they mass 1-2 hours. I'm gonna wed in Angelican Communion anyways.
Re: Can You As A Guy Change Your Church Because Of A Lady You Want To Marry? by iv4real(f): 12:13am On Jul 11, 2011
Is it the girls father your friend is getting married to. The girl is not ready to get married, the church both of them are to attend is suppose to be ur friend and the girls decision . And people wonder y they have problems in marriage when they have parents deciding for them. What is the big deal about church, is it not the same God we are worshipping? Is it the church changing that will make your friend a good husband. If you date someone of a different faith, try and respect the persons faith or better still date someone that has the same faith with you , there is no where in the bible that states that a particular church is the best.

(1) (Reply)

People Which Would You Pick? Just An Open Question / Who Is A Lover Boy? / Advantages Of Not Having A girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.