Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,108 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? (2269 Views)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
Here is a search from the Bible where Jesus directly said he was God or told people to worship him as God !

Searching....

Still Searching....

And Jesus said "I am God" or "Worship me everyone"

Verses like Jesus said:

"My Father is Greater than I". John 14:28

"My Father..... is Greater than all". John 10:29

"I can of my own self do nothing." John 5:30

Not Hebrews, Letters of Paul to the Philippians or Timothy or Corinthians
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jesus spoke a lot about His Father and this prompted one of His disciples to say to Him " Lord, show us the Father and this will be sufficient for us ".(John14:8.). And Jesus said "Philip , have I been so long with you that you have not known Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ; so how can you say show us the Father ? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? (John 9-10).

Christians did not bring this idea up , rather , it is Jesus who boldly said this about Himself. Christians accept His word and what He says about Himself . Those who reject it just choose to simply reject what Jesus said about Himself . Simple

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Digitallegendzx(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
grin hello churchians come and defend your religion
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
Jesus spoke a lot about His Father and this prompted one of His disciples to say to Him " Lord, show us the Father and this will be sufficient for us ".(John14:8.). And Jesus said "Philip , have I been so long with you that you have not known Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ; so how can you say show us the Father ? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? (John 9-10).

Christians did not bring this idea up , rather , it is Jesus who boldly said this about Himself. Christians accept His word and what He says about Himself . Those who reject it just choose to simply reject what Jesus said about Himself . Simple

This is not clear enough to call Jesus God or to say Jesus called himself God. Note that Jesus said in the same John

That verse you quoted can be translated as He who has seen God's messenger has seen God too.
And the context was that they requested to see God which can't be fulfilled. No one can see God but only God's messengers!

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

This is not clear enough to call Jesus God or to say Jesus called himself God. Note that Jesus said in the same John

That verse you quoted can be translated as He who has seen God's messenger has seen God too.
And the context was that they requested to see God which can't be fulfilled. No one can see God but only God's messengers!
The verse speaks for itself bros . In fact , it was statements like these that made the Jews want to stone Him because He made Himself out to be God . See another like it : The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You(Jesus), but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”(John 10:33). Jesus was indirectly telling His listeners that He was their God in whom they had been waiting for

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
The verse speaks for itself bros . In fact , it was statements like these that made the Jews want to stone Him. See another like it "The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You(Jeusu), but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”(John 10:33). Jesus was indirectly telling His listeners that He was their God in whom they had been waiting for

Give a clear unambiguous verse where Jesus claimed he was God?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Give a clear unambiguous verse where Jesus claimed he was God?
I already did but you chose to reject it . And that is your own prerogative

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
I already did but you chose to reject it . And that is your own prerogative

OK, that is still ambiguous!

I want a clear verse! I am God! Worship me!

And Jesus said "Philip , have I been so long with you that you have not known Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ; so how can you say show us the Father ? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? (John 9-10).

Read the above! How can God be in Jesus and Jesus in God and for Jesus to now say:

"I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Was Jesus ascending to himself since the father is in him? And if Jesus is a God and His father another God is this not two Gods?

All these are still ambiguous!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

OK, that is still ambiguous!

I want a clear verse! I am God! Worship me!

Read the above! How can God be in Jesus and Jesus in God and for Jesus to now say:

"I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Was Jesus ascending to himself since the father is in him? And if Jesus is a God and His father another God is this not two Gods?

All these are still ambiguous!
Bros, the verse already gives a clear context understanding that needs no further clarification of its interpretation.
And besides, Jesus accepted worship from those who followed Him . See John 20:28 for this . With all this, and the power He displayed , how can you say He is not God ? In fact, can you tell me why Jesus refused to stop Thomas from worshiping Him even though you said He was not God ? Please answer
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bro, a verse that gives a clear context does not need further clarification. Besides Jesus accepted worship from those who followed Him (John20:28) , so what else is He if not God. In fact, can you tell me why did Jesus refused to stop Thomas from worshiping Him if though you said He was not God ? Please answer

Forget those ambiguous verses you quoted before!

To Timothy in John 20:28

1. why do you say he was called Lord and God and not lord and god (there's no differentiation in Greek?

2. The word translated to Lord is "Kyrios" which can also mean master. The word for "God" is "Theos" which is also used as follows:

Acts 12: 21-22: For the Roman Governor

21On the appointed day, Herod donned his royal robes, sat on his throne, and addressed the people. 22And they began to shout, “This is the voice of a god, not a man!”

2 Cor. 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,

So we see the same God translated as god elsewhere. The Bible translators sure are good!

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34

Why gods here and God there?

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 4:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

1. why do you say he was called Lord and God and not lord and god (there's no differentiation in Greek?

2. The word translated to Lord is "Kyrios" which can also mean master. The word for "God" is "Theos" which is also used as follows:

21On the appointed day, Herod donned his royal robes, sat on his throne, and addressed the people. 22And they began to shout, “This is the voice of a god, not a man!”

So we see the same God translated as god elsewhere. The Bible translators sure are good!

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34

I do not operate on shifting points and changing subjects . And besides, we are on a topic that is talking about the divinity of Jesus . And I believe I answered your first question. Now , kindly answer the question I asked prior to this post. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2022
Thomas, while confirming that it was indeed Jesus after resurrection bowed in worship and said....

"My Lord and my God"

Jesus did not rebuke him to stop.

Isaiah 9:6:

Unto us a child is born,...he shall be called "the everlasting father"

How is a child called a father....

Philip asked Jesus... He said;

" show us the father"

...Jesus said

" Why are you asking for the father? If you have seen me you have seen the father because I CAME OUT OF GOD.

Jesus told the pharisee and said"

"Before Abraham, I AM"

Abraham was born thousands of years ago before Jesus was born...

This is salvation;

1. Man sinned in the garden. A day old baby also inherited the sin.

2. The blood of animals were used for temporary cleansing....

...but it was not sufficient.

How can the blood of animals attone for the blood of man?

It was a type of a bigger picture to come....
Temporarily,

1. Priests were responsible for sacrifice of attonement.

2. It must be done in Jerusalem.

Now,

What happens to the entire humans?

Can we all meet at Jerusalem?
Buy animals?

The answer is No.

Now,

Permanently:

1. A sinless blood of a man has to be used to cleanse the entire human sin.
Don't forget that animals blood will not attone for man's sin.

2. The blood has to be blameless....

That's why Jesus was not conceived with man and woman's egg. Else, he would have inherited sin.

3. Why was he born in a manger?

He was born in a manger because he is the lamb of God....

Where do you expect a lamb to be born?

In a manger of course.

Now,

If you believe his sacrifice, you are free from the wrath of God that is coming....

If you don't believe,

You will face the wrath of the almighty yourself.

In Jesus' words;

He who doesn't believe in me IS CONDEMNED ALREADY.

The choice is yours.

I am not here to argue.

Your last breath shall open your eyes into the spiritual world,

Then,

It shall be too late for you.

If you read this message and remain adamant,

This message will stand against you on that day.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Your time on the surface of the earth is ticking.

Jesus loves you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Obelemy: 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
The "god of this age" is the evil one who is called Satan. And Jesus Christ is God in man form who came from heaven to destroy the works of Satan so that all who accept Him and believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be called Children of God and they will inherit eternal life and be with Him forever.

Now we are in the last hour and John said;

In 1 John 2:18- "It is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrist have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour."

1 John 2:22- " Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son."

To continue this study please read the book of 1 John, and 2 John.

Salvation belongs to God and our salvation is in Jesus Christ alone.

By faith alone in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ we will be saved.

1 Peter 2:7-8 "So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, " The Stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone", and "A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense". They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Accept Jesus today and confess to Him that you have sinned against him, and believe that He came and died to save you from the eternal death in other for you to have life in abundance.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Thomas, while confirming that it was indeed Jesus after resurrection bowed in worship and said....

"My Lord and my God"

" show us the father"

...Jesus said

" Why are you asking for the father? If you have seen me you have seen the father because I CAME OUT OF GOD.

"Before Abraham, I AM"

This is salvation;

Temporarily,

Now,

Buy animals?

The answer is No.

Now,

Permanently:

That's why Jesus was not conceived with man and woman's egg. Else, he would have inherited sin.

In a manger of course.

Now,

If you believe his sacrifice, you are free from the wrath of God that is coming....

If you don't believe,

In Jesus' words;

The choice is yours.

I am not here to argue.

Then,

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Jesus loves you.

I love the way you have put this message. God bless you in this life and in the next

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
I love the way you have put this message. God bless you in this life and in the next

Amen.

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Bearfruit(f): 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
indeed Jesus Christ our Lord is not God the Father,yes in many places in the Bible he clarify it. To avoid "vain babbling" since the O.P is antiChristian as he said he's not asking for to learn
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Arrowss(m): 11:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Please explain this then ( no one can see God)

Exodus 33:11.
11 And so the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by oluwaahmed: 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
The verse speaks for itself bros . In fact , it was statements like these that made the Jews want to stone Him because He made Himself out to be God . See another like it : The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You(Jesus), but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”(John 10:33). Jesus was indirectly telling His listeners that He was their God in whom they had been waiting for

Bro you need to quote the entire context of the verse. Quoting just a verse can be misleading and likened to half-truths. John 10:33-36 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Even in the verse you quoted solidly confirms from Jesus own mouth that he is not God. Verse 36 according to jesus(not me or any theologian) states that he was even blessed/sanctified by God for his mission on earth. Saying Jesus is God makes it seem like God has multiple-personality-disorder or bipolar because Jesus prayed to God at the garden of gethsemane, during the transfiguration God clearly said Jesus is his son, & also made the same statement during baptism. Are u saying Jesus was praying to himself? Or talking to himself? Does it make sense?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 5:22am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
I do not operate on shifting points and changing subjects . And besides, we are on a topic that is talking about the divinity of Jesus . And I believe I answered your first question. Now , kindly answer the question I asked prior to this post. Thank you

You haven't answered any thing! Where did Jesus call himself God? You were showing where people called him God.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2022
Originakalokalo:

"My Lord and my God"

" show us the father"

...Jesus said

"Before Abraham, I AM"

This is salvation;

Temporarily,

Now,

Buy animals?

The answer is No.

Now,

Permanently:

In a manger of course.

Now,

If you don't believe,

In Jesus' words;

The choice is yours.

I am not here to argue.

Then,

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Jesus loves you.

All these verses i know before and some have translational errors.

Where did Jesus himself called himself God? Or told people to worship him?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:36am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

All these verses i know before and some have translational errors.

Where did Jesus himself called himself God? Or told people to worship him?

To add to what I posted,

The father, son and Holy Spirit are three persons in the Godhead.

The father is invisible. Cannot be seen. You only see his glory in heaven....like a brightness.

He exists as a personality.

The Son is the physical form of the father. If you see Jesus, he is the image of the unseen Father.

The holy spirit is the Spirit of the father....

Some christians try to explain this and they miss it.

All these are quoted from the bible.

Thank you for your time.

I am done here.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 5:56am On Jan 11, 2022
oluwaahmed:

Bro you need to quote the entire context of the verse. Quoting just a verse can be misleading and likened to half-truths. John 10:33-36 33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Even in the verse you quoted solidly confirms from Jesus own mouth that he is not God. Verse 36 according to jesus(not me or any theologian) states that he was even blessed/sanctified by God for his mission on earth. Saying Jesus is God makes it seem like God has multiple-personality-disorder or bipolar because Jesus prayed to God at the garden of gethsemane, during the transfiguration God clearly said Jesus is his son, & also made the same statement during baptism. Are u saying Jesus was praying to himself? Or talking to himself? Does it make sense?

Also Eli Eli Lema sabacthani...My God My God, why have you forsaken me?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 6:01am On Jan 11, 2022
Originakalokalo:

To add to what I posted,

The father, son and Holy Spirit are three persons in the Godhead.

The father is invisible. Cannot be seen. You only see his glory in heaven....like a brightness.

He exists as a personality.

The Son is the physical form of the father. If you see Jesus, he is the image of the unseen Father.

The holy spirit is the Spirit of the father....

Some christians try to explain this and they miss it.

All these are quoted from the bible.

Thank you for your time.

I am done here.

Where did Jesus ever say he is one out of trinity? The closest verse to this is from John 5:7 of the KJV which is not in almost all other translations!

It amazes me Jesus could forget to tell anyone plainly that he's God. Or even one in Trinity!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 6:05am On Jan 11, 2022
Arrowss:

Please explain this then ( no one can see God)

Exodus 33:11.
11 And so the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend.

I don't believe anyone can actually see God except that being an idiom like Moses seeing God's sign like a burning fire in the middle of the dessert!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by hupernikao: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Can you point to any place in the Bible where an Hebrew or Jewish call a man or a thing "MY God" aside the almighty God.

If you understand Hebrew believe system and culture, you won't write all you wrote above.

These are problems and errors you face when you want to isolate a speaker's or writer's words from his environment, culture and language system

A typical Hebrew man has ONLY ONE GOD. and he will never refer to any other thing or person as God.

Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is ONE Lord:

So, if Thomas called him My God.

1. Show me an evidence of an Hebrew referring to another God aside one he believes to be almighty God.

2. Tell me instance by which even you, an African man has called a man or thing YOUR GOD, aside the one God you claim to worship.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 8:17am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

You haven't answered any thing! Where did Jesus call himself God? You were showing where people called him God.
Bros, I show you one verse with its context in it where Jesus Himself told Philip that He was the father(God) (John14: 9-10) . So why did you not accept that ? Jesus Himself is the one who made this utterance , not me or any Christian. Anyone who rejects the words of Jesus simply rejects what Jesus said about Himself .
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by xproducer: 8:27am On Jan 11, 2022
GOD, The Holy Father says unto the GOD, the Son - the WORD

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." - Hebrews 1:8

The Lord GOD Almighty is One Lord. - "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?" - John 14:9

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God." - John 5:18

---

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" - Romans 11:33
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2022
oluwaahmed:

Some who deny that Jesus is God make the claim that Jesus never said that He is God. It is correct that the Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” This does not mean, however, that Jesus never claimed to be God.

Take for example the words of Jesus in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.”

We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason

“You, a mere man, claim to be God (John 10:33, emphasis added). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity.

When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I AM!”

This is a reference back to Exodus 3:14 when God revealed Himself as the “I AM.” The Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

Even the book of John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity. See what it says : “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh" (John 1:1, 14).

These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.”
So who bought the church with His own blood? The answer is Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Secondly Jesus did not need to pray , but because He wanted to show us an example, He did this. Take the death of Lazarus for example : when Jesus was about to raise Lazarus from the dead He said this prayer in the presence of the people :
And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.”
(John11:42)

From this verse, it is very clear that Jesus did not need to pray to God to ask for anything because God always heard Him, but for the sake of His disciples and His critics, He chose to pray, thus following the pattern to prove that He was sent from God. This was meant to be an example to us, not Him .
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Rashidi shey youself dey answer our own questions, it is either you go on an airplane mode or run 4-40 when the question hard for allah to answer tru you
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 9:29am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros, I show you one verse with its context in it where Jesus Himself told Philip that He was the father(God) (John14: 9-10) . So why did you not accept that ? Jesus Himself is the one who made this utterance , not me or any Christian. Anyone who rejects the words of Jesus simply rejects what Jesus said about Himself .

Jesus said he is god and when people misunderstood him he explained quoting from Psalm 82:6 (You are gods) also said his audience too are gods! Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34 So every one is a god!

So how many gods do we have? The same god Jesus is is the same god the Pharisees are!

Those gods are not God.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 9:50am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus said he is god and when people misunderstood him he explained quoting from Psalm 82:6 (You are gods) also said his audience too are gods! Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34 So every one is a god!

So how many gods do we have? The same god Jesus is is the same god the Pharisees are!

Those gods are not God.
Bros, you are just confused . The bible expressly says that man was made in the image and likeness of God. And it even refers to Adam as a son of God (Luke 3:38). Also in John , the bible tells us that To those that believed in His name(Jesus) , to them He gave the right to become the son of God (John1:12) . So by context, those who believe in Jesus Christ are sons of God or gods.

Secondly , the hebrew word for "gods" in Psalms is Elohim (plural for God) , while the Almighty God is called Eloha (God singular) . The Greek texts also say the same thing , in the sense that Jesus was telling His listeners that He was the supreme God, while they were the descendants of God (or gods ) . Even the Jews acknowledge this and said that their Father too was God (John8:41) . Or have you forgotten that the Jews were monotheistic ? So which other gods did they serve if not the one true God(Eloha ) ? And did they ever dispute the fact that they were gods(Elohim)?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2022
hupernikao:

Can you point to any place in the Bible where an Hebrew or Jewish call a man or a thing "MY God" aside the almighty God.

Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34

If you understand Hebrew believe system and culture, you won't write all you wrote above.

These are problems and errors you face when you want to isolate a speaker's or writer's words from his environment, culture and language system

A typical Hebrew man has ONLY ONE GOD. and he will never refer to any other thing or person as God.

Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is ONE Lord:

It seems you are claiming ignorant of Hebrew language. YAHWEH is what is used in that Deuteronomy verse for Lord and is never used. for humans like Elohim, Theos, and their other derivatives which can be used for a VIP or Political authority.

This is why in your Bible only Yahweh is translated as LORD! Others are usually given Lord, God or god depnding on context and who is translating!

So, if Thomas called him My God.

1. Show me an evidence of an Hebrew referring to another God aside one he believes to be almighty God.

2. Tell me instance by which even you, an African man has called a man or thing YOUR GOD, aside the one God you claim to worship.

1a. Psalm 82:1 says, “ God (Elohim) presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods (Elohim) .”
Here gods are magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule. Remember no Capital G or small g in Hebrew! Same Elohim is God and gods!

1b. Another example, when God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He said, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh” (Exodus 7:1). This simply means that Moses, as the messenger of God, was speaking God’s words and would therefore be God’s representative to the king. Was Moses a God too?

1c. The Hebrew word Elohim is translated “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

2. My concept of God is entirely different from the Christian concept of God!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Difference Between A Spiritual Man And A Religious Man. / Prayers (part One) / Why Do Nairaland Atheists Behave Silly Sometimes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.