Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,130 members, 7,829,023 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? (2330 Views)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros, you are just confused . The bible expressly says that man was made in the image and likeness of God. And it even refers to Adam as a son of God (Luke 3:38). Also in John , the bible tells us that To those that believed in His name(Jesus) , to them He gave the right to become the son of God (John1:12) . So by context, those who believe in Jesus Christ are sons of God or gods.

Secondly , the hebrew word for "gods" in Psalms is Elohim (plural for God) , while the Almighty God is called Eloha (God singular) . The Greek texts also say the same thing , in the sense that Jesus was telling His listeners that He was the supreme God, while they were the descendants of God (or gods ) . Even the Jews acknowledge this and said that their Father too was God (John8:41) . Or have you forgotten that the Jews were monotheistic ? So which other gods did they serve if not the one true God(Eloha ) ? And did they ever dispute the fact that they were gods(Elohim)?

Chai see misinterpretation and confusion! Where is YAHWEH? Show me where Yahweh was ever used for Jesus?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by hupernikao: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Psalm 82:6 and John 10:34
Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34

It seems you are claiming ignorant of Hebrew language. YAHWEH is what is used in that Deuteronomy verse for Lord and is never used. for humans like Elohim, Theos, and their other derivatives which can be used for a VIP or Political authority.

This is why in your Bible only Yahweh is translated as LORD! Others are usually given Lord, God or god depnding on context and who is translating!

1a. Psalm 82:1 says, “ God (Elohim) presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods (Elohim) .”
Here gods are magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule. Remember no Capital G or small g in Hebrew! Same Elohim is God and gods!

1b. Another example, when God sent Moses to Pharaoh, He said, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh” (Exodus 7:1). This simply means that Moses, as the messenger of God, was speaking God’s words and would therefore be God’s representative to the king. Was Moses a God too?

1c. The Hebrew word Elohim is translated “judges” in Exodus 21:6 and 22:8, 9, and 28.

2. My concept of God is entirely different from the Christian concept of God!

First reread what I posted carefully and rewrite all you wrote.

The question here is MY GOD not a god or gods. My God means my own God. The one I worship. Bible never said there aren't lesser god. What we are looking at is Hebrew calling any of this MY GOD.

So go back and present a plan where a Hebrew call another person or thing, his God without referring to almighty God.

That is the context.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Mide1data: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2022
HOLY SHIT
Arguing with antichristian again? Hmmmmmmm.......
WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Chai see misinterpretation and confusion! Where is YAHWEH? Show me where Yahweh was ever used for Jesus?
Confusion and misinterpretation as how ? Bros, I am a judaic-christian so I know what each and every name of God means . The word YHWH(or Jehovah ) means " THe I AM THAT I AM" . It is one of the many revered names of God just as you have Jehovah -Elyon Adonai. Secondly , Jesus was called the Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace from Isaiah 9:6. So why should I or rather we looking for another God again ?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by oluwaahmed: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Some who deny that Jesus is God make the claim that Jesus never said that He is God. It is correct that the Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” This does not mean, however, that Jesus never claimed to be God.

Take for example the words of Jesus in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.”

We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason

“You, a mere man, claim to be God (John 10:33, emphasis added). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity.

When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I AM!”

This is a reference back to Exodus 3:14 when God revealed Himself as the “I AM.” The Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

Even the book of John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity. See what it says : “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh" (John 1:1, 14).

These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.”
So who bought the church with His own blood? The answer is Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Secondly Jesus did not need to pray , but because He wanted to show us an example, He did this. Take the death of Lazarus for example : when Jesus was about to raise Lazarus from the dead He said this prayer in the presence of the people :
And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.”
(John11:42)

From this verse, it is very clear that Jesus did not need to pray to God to ask for anything because God always heard Him, but for the sake of His disciples and His critics, He chose to pray, thus following the pattern to prove that He was sent from God. This was meant to be an example to us, not Him .

The truth is that you will continue to believe what you want(theology) even if the truth(Jesus word) stares you in the face.
Jesus saying I and the father are one is symbolical not literal. Just like when he said in John 6:56 - whoever eats my flesh & drinks my blood abides in me and I in him. its the same thing meaning we will be one with him, but does that make us Jesus? Even Jesus said in Mk 12:29 - Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Not 2, 3 or 3 in 1 but 1!
Mark 14 61-62 Again the high priest asked Him, saying to Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?”
62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power(some translations say God) and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

If only you know the true reason for the trinity theology.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Originakalokalo(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus ever say he is one out of trinity? The closest verse to this is from John 5:7 of the KJV which is not in almost all other translations!

It amazes me Jesus could forget to tell anyone plainly that he's God. Or even one in Trinity!

We are asked by Jesus to baptized in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit.....

The three are important in the salvation of mankind.

The father is more than the Son, greater than the Son.

The son is the image of the unseen Father. The image of an unseen God is God himself.

Many Christians failed in their explanations.

But this is it.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2022
Originakalokalo:

We are asked by Jesus to baptized in the name of the Father, in the name of the Son and in the name of the Holy Spirit.....

The three are important in the salvation of mankind.

The father is more than the Son, greater than the Son.

The son is the image of the unseen Father. The image of an unseen God is God himself.

Many Christians failed in their explanations.

But this is it.

Where did Jesus explain it like this?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Obelemy: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus said he is god and when people misunderstood him he explained quoting from Psalm 82:6 (You are gods) also said his audience too are gods! Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34 So every one is a god!

So how many gods do we have? The same god Jesus is is the same god the Pharisees are!

Those gods are not God.

You should understand that their are "gods" and their is God Almighty, the creator of all things. Christians worship God Almighty through his Son, Jesus Christ.

But all Jesus, his apostles, and all the prophets in the bible have said about Him will have no meaning to you because of your unbelief and hardness of your heart.

Indeed all the secrets of God are in the Son and without the Son, no man can know the Father.

Only those who are born again will receive wisdom and understanding from God.

To unbelievers, the word of God is veiled-
2 Corinthians 4:3. In their case the god of this world (Satan) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of Christ, who is the image of God- 2 Corinthians 4:4.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Confusion and misinterpretation as how ? Bros, I am a judaic-christian so I know what each and every name of God means . The word YHWH(or Jehovah ) means " THe I AM THAT I AM" . It is one of the many revered names of God just as you have Jehovah -Elyon Adonai. Secondly , Jesus was called the Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace from Isaiah 9:6. So why should I or rather we looking for another God again ?

Show me where Yahweh was ever used for Jesus? I have proved to you that other names for God can be used for others too!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 10:58am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Show me where Yahweh was ever used for Jesus? I have proved to you that other names for God can be used for others too!
You have proven nothing . The Jews were and are still a monotheistic people , so how can you now say they substituted God to mean the names of other people ...?

Baba, try and make logical arguments that are in line with what those people believe in ! For your information, Jesus forgave sins and this was something that the Jews knew could only be done by God Himself . In fact , it was one of the reasons why they were trying to kill and stone Him. Please read John10:33. In fact read the whole chapter and get a clearer picture of who Jesus claimed He said He was
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2022
Obelemy:

You should understand that their are "gods" and their is God Almighty, the creator of all things. Christians worship God Almighty through his Son, Jesus Christ.

But all Jesus, his apostles, and all the prophets in the bible have said about Him will have no meaning to you because of your unbelief and hardness of your heart.

Indeed all the secrets of God are in the Son and without the Son, no man can know the Father.

Only those who are born again will receive wisdom and understanding from God.

To unbelievers, the word of God is veiled-
2 Corinthians 4:3. In their case the god of this world (Satan) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of Christ, who is the image of God- 2 Corinthians 4:4.

I'm only asking where Jesus called himself God.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:04am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
You have proven nothing . The Jews were and are still a monotheistic people , so how can you now say they substituted God to mean the names of other people ...?

Baba, try and make logical arguments that are in line with what those people believe in ! For your information, Jesus forgave sins and this was something that the Jews knew could only be done by God Himself . In fact , it was one of the reasons why they were trying to kill and stone Him. Please read John10:33. In fact read the whole chapter and get a clearer picture of who Jesus claimed He said He was

I only asked you to show me where Jesus said " I am God" or "worship me" to any of the people he healed, fed or met in your Bible.

All you are bringing up are obscurities and ambiguities!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

I only asked you to show me where Jesus said " I am God" or "worship me" to any of the people he healed, fed or met in your Bible.

All you are bringing up are obscurities and ambiguities!

And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God! John20:28

The above says Jesus was worshipped by Thomas .

So bros, Jesus received worship from Thomas . And Thomas even went far as calling Him God. Now tell us, why Jesus did Jesus not stop him from doing such ? And if you cannot , then you have no need to argue because you will only be contradicting what the bible has prescribed
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus explain it like this?

Jesus said...."he that sent me is greater than me" John 14:28.

Colossians...." He is the image of the invisible God"

Jesus...."Go into the world and make disciples of men, baptizing them in the name of the father, of the son and of the Holy Spirit."

See it here:

Father is unseen. Invincible.

Jesus is the ONLY IMAGE OF THE UNSEEN FATHER.

The father himself has a Spirit. Which is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are from the father.

FATHER, who can only be seen as the SON, who, also, as a being, has a Spirit.

Are they not One?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros Jesus received worship from Thomas . And Thomas even went far as calling Him God. Now tell us, why Jesus did not stop him from doing such ? And if cannot , then you have no need to argue because you will only be contradicting what the bible has prescribed

1. Did Jesus ever call himself God?

No!

2. So what did Thomas call Jesus?

A. YAHWEH

B. ELOHIM

C. THEOS

D. ADONAI

E. KYRIOS

3.And which of the above names can not be used for humans?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Obelemy: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

I'm only asking where Jesus called himself God.

And you have received answers and yet you do not believe. You do not believe nor understand so all the answers can't make sense to you.

Antichristian if you know the bible you would know that God is Christ and Christ is God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

1. Did Jesus ever call himself God?

No!

2. So what did Thomas call Jesus?

A. YAHWEH

B. ELOHIM

C. THEOS

D. ADONAI

E. KYRIOS

3.And which of the above names can not be used for humans?
I agree that there is no written evidence of Jesus calling Himself God, but that does not mean He did not leave us hints on who He really was .

In fact, Jesus wanted people to identify whom He really was , and that is one of the reasons He constantly asked His disciples, " Who do men say I Am ? ". (Matthew16:15-16)

And so the answer can only be found in His sayings. These are sufficient to prove to us who He said He was, and except you want to tell us that Jesus was lying , then you will have to agree about what He said about Himself .

Secondly, Thomas was a monotheistic jew who worshipped the God of Israel, so what God would he be serving if not the God of the Hebrews/Jew? So to cut the long story short, whatever name Thomas called His God , that was the same name He gave to Jesus . Simple

Lastly , no Human in Jewish or Christian history has been called YAHWEH even till date . Now deal with this and let us have peace .
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
I agree that there is no written evidence of Jesus calling Himself God, but that does not mean He did not leave us hints on who He really was .

In fact, Jesus wanted people to identify whom He really was , and that is one of the reasons He constantly asked His disciples, " Who do men say I Am ? ". (Matthew16:15-16)

And so the answer can only be found in His sayings. These are sufficient to prove to us who He said He was, and except you want to tell us that Jesus was lying , then you will have to agree about what He said about Himself .

Secondly, Thomas was a monotheistic jew who worshipped the God of Israel, so what God would he be serving if not the God of the Hebrews/Jew? So to cut the long story short, whatever name Thomas called His God , that was the same name He gave to Jesus . Simple

Lastly , no Human in Jewish or Christian history has been called YAHWEH even till date . Now deal with this and let us have peace .

Thank you. But try and answer the objective question above! Which Jewish name did Thomas call Jesus?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Obelemy:

And you have received answers and yet you do not believe. You do not believe nor understand so all the answers can't make sense to you.

Antichristian if you know the bible you would know that God is Christ and Christ is God.

We are still searching...yet we never see!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2022
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

1 John 5 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 11:51am On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Thank you. But try and answer the objective question above! Which Jewish name did Thomas call Jesus?
Bros ,I expected you would put up a stronger argument instead of using the translation to dodge the last post. So let us establish some facts here : Thomas was a Jew , so what name in Aramaic would a Jew or Hebrew would His own God? Now whatever that name is, automatically means the name of Jesus .

Please note that I said Aramaic not Greek , because the the first four gospels were written in Aramaic, not Greek
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 11:59am On Jan 11, 2022
Rosement:
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of John!

John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of John!

Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
This is from Paul or whoever wrote the Letters to Colossians!

Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of Revelations!

1 John 5 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

This is a dubious verse in KJV Bible which has been removed from other versions! See below:

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses—

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

John 10:30 "I and my Father are one."

The context is oneness of Purpose as Jesus was praying to his father in heaven!

So where did Jesus ever called himself God in the Bible?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros ,I expected you would put up a stronger argument instead of using the translation to dodge the last post. So let us establish some facts here : Thomas was a Jew , so what name in Aramaic would a Jew or Hebrew would His own God? Now whatever that name is, automatically means the name of Jesus .

Please note that I said Aramaic not Greek , because the the first four gospels were written in Aramaic, not Greek

The first four Gospels were written in koine Greek not Aramaic!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

The first four Gospels were written in koine Greek not Aramaic!

They were originally in Aramaic oga. But was later translated to Greek for the sake of ministry. And even that does not the change the context or meaning attributed to the Hebrew word called God. grin

Please do you research before coming here . grin

Lastly hope you know that Jesus spoke Aramaic not Greek ... grin
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
They were originally in Aramaic oga. But was later translated to Greek for the sake of ministry. And even that does not the change the context or meaning attributed to the Hebrew word called God. grin

Please do you research before coming here . grin

Lastly hope you know that Jesus spoke Aramaic not Greek ... grin

Jesus spoke Aramaic which was still regarded as a form of Hebrew back then!
The texts of the four gospels were written in koine Greek!

https://www.quora.com/Were-the-gospels-originally-written-in-Ancient-Hebrew-Aramaic-or-Greek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_the_New_Testament
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus spoke Aramaic which was still regarded as a form of Hebrew back then!
The texts of the four gospels were written in koine Greek!

https://www.quora.com/Were-the-gospels-originally-written-in-Ancient-Hebrew-Aramaic-or-Greek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_the_New_Testament
Bros , I do not use Quora . I used verified sources like Wikipedia who count for the majority .

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros , I do not use Quora . I used verified sources like Wikipedia who count for the majority .

Fine, so from what you circled majority of your scholars still say it was in koine Greek!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Obelemy: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

[url="https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-seeking-god/"]Scriptures to help you seek[/url] God.

He (Jesus) loves us so much that behold He stands at the door and knocks. If any hears Him, and opens the door, He will come in and surely show you the things you never knew.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Fine, so from what you circled majority of your scholars still say it was in koine Greek!
Bros , please read what I circled. Because I believe it said New Testatment scriptures that are not part of the first four gospels . Or did you not read the part where it was argued that they were translations from Aramaic to Greek? undecided
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2022
Jesus called Himself God in the Bible.

(John 17: 5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

(John 5:16-23)
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus said that He is the son of God, He never said the Son is less than the Father, instead He even explained that the Son is equal with the Father. His dependency on His Father does not mean that He is less than His Father, it only explains the difference between their roles, just like husbands and wives have different roles to perform in their families. The Jews understood what He meant very well that was why they wanted to kill Him.

(John 10:30) "I and my Father are one."

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, they are all equal. It was only when Jesus was in the world that He considered Himself lower than God because He came to the world fully in human form, not in His Godly form.

(Philippians 2)
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

(John 14)
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

(Matthew 28)
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

(Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

(John 20)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

People have been worshipping Jesus since the time He was born. He wants us to worship Him as God, there are a lot of verses in the Bible where Jesus allowed people to worship Him. Follow your own religion. Bible is for Christians, we will continue to read and believe what will see in our Bible. We don't read the books of other religions, talkless of debating their doctrines or books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Please read that post again. Because I am pretty sure you saw a commentary, where it was said that the four gospels and many of the Pauline- letter gospels , were Greek translations of Aramaic written for the sake of a Greek audience .
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Obelemy: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Approach the truth without doubt and seek with the intent of finding and do not doubt and God will reveal Himself to you.

Use the above approach when you read scripture..

To help you find biblical answers to your questions and to help you comprehend the truth. Visit the following bible study websites;

Gotquestions.org , davidjeremiah.blog , biblestudy.org , or cbn.com

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So seek the wisdom of God like silver and gold and He will surely give you wisdom.

But always remember that their is no substitute for God's word (which is the bible), read it, let it guide your life. Use the bible to verify unknown myths and doctrines but don't use it the other way around (by trying to use unknown myths and doctrines to verify whether the bible is true or not).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rastamouse Vs Logic Mind (freestyle) / Isn't This Amazing / The God Of Isreal Not The Same As The God Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.