Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? (2335 Views)

Did Jesus Ever Call Himself God In The Bible? The Answer Is No! / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
Please read that post again. Because I am pretty sure you saw a commentary, where it was said that the four gospels and many of the Pauline- letter gospels , were Greek translations of Aramaic written for the sake of a Greek audience .

A few Scholars have that your opinion but the preponderant opinion is that there were in koine Greek.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

A few Scholars have that your opinion but the preponderant opinion is that there were in koine Greek.
The opinion of which scholars ? Muslims apologetics right ...? grin
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hashabiah:
The opinion of which scholars ? Muslims apologetics right ...? grin

Read this part from your wikipedia cut-out

Most biblical scholars adhere to the view that the Greek text of the New Testament is the original version.[16][additional citation(s) needed] However, there does exist an alternative view which maintains that it is a translation from an Aramaic original, a position known as Peshitta Primacy (also known in primarily non-scholarly circles as "Aramaic primacy"wink. Although this view has its adherents, the vast majority of scholars dispute this position citing linguistic, historical, and textual inconsistencies.[17] At any rate, since most of the texts are written by diaspora Jews such as Paul the Apostle and his possibly Gentile companion, Luke, and to a large extent addressed directly to Christian communities in Greek-speaking cities (often communities consisting largely of Paul's converts, which appear to have been non-Jewish in the majority), and since the style of their Greek is impeccable,[18] a Greek original is more probable than a translation.

And it was proved after the above post there!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 6:08pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:

Most biblical scholars adhere to the view that the Greek text of the New Testament is the original version.[16][additional citation(s) needed] However, there does exist an alternative view which maintains that it is a translation from an Aramaic original, a position known as Peshitta Primacy (also known in primarily non-scholarly circles as "Aramaic primacy"wink. Although this view has its adherents, the vast majority of scholars dispute this position citing linguistic, historical, and textual inconsistencies.[17] At any rate, since most of the texts are written by diaspora Jews such as Paul the Apostle and his possibly Gentile companion, Luke, and to a large extent addressed directly to Christian communities in Greek-speaking cities (often communities consisting largely of Paul's converts, which appear to have been non-Jewish in the majority), and since the style of their Greek is impeccable,[18] a Greek original is more probable than a translation.

I cannot accept this downloaded trash because Luke was a Jew , not a gentile.

Secondly, Jesus spoke Aramaic; not Greek . And I believe since His followers communicated with him, it can be believed that they would be native speakers of Aramaic language and would have preached their message in that language. This is the logical opinion of renowned scholars like Frank Turek and Ravi Zacharias , and it is irrefutable.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
AntiChristian:
This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of John!

This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of John!

This is from Paul or whoever wrote the Letters to Colossians!

This is from John or whoever wrote the Book of Revelations!

This is a dubious verse in KJV Bible which has been removed from other versions! See below:

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses—

English Standard Version

Berean Study Bible

Berean Literal Bible
For there are three bearing testimony:

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The context is oneness of Purpose as Jesus was praying to his father in heaven!

So where did Jesus ever called himself God in the Bible?
Jesus called Himself God in the Bible.
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

(John 17: 5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

(John 5:16-23)
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus said that He is the son of God, He never said the Son is less than the Father, instead He even explained that the Son is equal with the Father. His dependency on His Father does not mean that He is less than His Father, it only explains the difference between their roles, just like husbands and wives have different roles to perform in their families. The Jews understood what He meant very well that was why they wanted to kill Him.

(John 10:30) "I and my Father are one."

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, they are all equal. It was only when Jesus was in the world that He considered Himself lower than God because He came to the world fully in human form, not in His Godly form.

(Philippians 2)
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

(John 14)
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

(Matthew 28)
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

(Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

(John 20)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

People have been worshipping Jesus since the time He was born. He wants us to worship Him as God, there are a lot of verses in the Bible where Jesus allowed people to worship Him. Follow your own religion. Bible is for Christians, we will continue to read and believe what will see in our Bible. We don't read the books of other religions, talkless of debating their doctrines or books.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:00am On Jan 12, 2022
Hashabiah:

I cannot accept this downloaded trash because Luke was a Jew , not a gentile.

Secondly, Jesus spoke Aramaic; not Greek . And I believe since His followers communicated with him, it can be believed that they would be native speakers of Aramaic language and would have preached their message in that language. This is the logical opinion of renowned scholars like Frank Turek and Ravi Zacharias , and it is irrefutable.
Greek is official language in the Roman empire.
Bros, Jesus Christ spoke Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew.
In the gospels,is the inscription atop the instrument of his execution written in Greek?
Yes!
Jesus Christ knew Greek.
Go figure it out. cheesy
±++++++++++±++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hashabiah:

[/b]
Jesus spoke a lot about His Father and this prompted one of His disciples to say to Him " Lord, show us the Father and this will be sufficient for us ".(John14:8.). And Jesus said "Philip , have I been so long with you that you have not known Me ? He who has seen Me has seen the Father ; so how can you say show us the Father ? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? (John 9-10).

John 17:21, Jesus Christ and his Father are also in the disciples.
Going by your analogy and submission, @ John 17:21 the disciples are in your Trinity.

John 14:8, when you see Jesus, you have seen the Father who sent him.
Likewise, when you see the disciples, you have seen Jesus who sent them.
@ John 14:8 , Jesus shed more light on this matter @Matthew 10:40 & John 17:18.

@ John 14:8-10, is Jesus Christ saying he is the Father?
No !
John 5:37,43 Jesus Christ confirmed that God NEVER came to earth as a Son.
Rather, the Son came in the name of the Father.
Just as The V.P Prof goes to Lagos State to commission a Project in the name of Presido Bubu who sponsor the commissioned project
John 17:18.
+++±+++++++++++±++++++++++++++++++++++
Hashabiah:

Christians did not bring this idea up , rather , it is Jesus who boldly said this about Himself. Christians accept His word and what He says about Himself . Those who reject it just choose to simply reject what Jesus said about Himself . Simple
John 20:17 Jesus Christ is speaking to you.
No add your own Medemede grin
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:17am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Jesus Christ knew Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:24am On Jan 12, 2022
Hashabiah:
The verse speaks for itself bros . In fact , it was statements like these that made the Jews want to stone Him because He made Himself out to be God . See another like it : The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You(Jesus), but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”(John 10:33). Jesus was indirectly telling His listeners that He was their God in whom they had been waiting for

John 10:35-36, did Jesus prove the Jews were LYING @ John 10:33?

Yes !

@John 19:6-7, did the same Jews prove that there own claim @ John 10:33 is FALSE?

Yes !
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:36am On Jan 12, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros, the verse already gives a clear context understanding that needs no further clarification of its interpretation.
And besides, Jesus accepted worship from those who followed Him . See John 20:28 for this . With all this, and the power He displayed , how can you say He is not God ? In fact, can you tell me why Jesus refused to stop Thomas from worshiping Him even though you said He was not God ? Please answer
John 20:28 ends with exclamation mark.
Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself.

Does The English exclamation "oh my God"! translate to mean the Almighty?

NEVER!! cheesy

"my Lord & my God" is simply an exclamation of surprise by doubtful Thomas who never believed the fellow disciples testimony of Jesus resurrection, John20:18-29,go & confirm that.

Also, @ 1 Corinthians 8:5 & John 20:28, Theos Greek 2316 is the same.
Greek language has no dichotomy of capital letter & small letters introduced by English Bible translators @ John 20:28 & 1 Corinth 8:5. grin
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:37am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Forget those ambiguous verses you quoted before!

To Timothy in John 20:28

1. why do you say he was called Lord and God and not lord and god (there's no differentiation in Greek?

2. The word translated to Lord is "Kyrios" which can also mean master. The word for "God" is "Theos" which is also used as follows:

Acts 12: 21-22: For the Roman Governor

21On the appointed day, Herod donned his royal robes, sat on his throne, and addressed the people. 22And they began to shout, “This is the voice of a god, not a man!”

2 Cor. 4:4
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers,

So we see the same God translated as god elsewhere. The Bible translators sure are good!

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods"’? John 10:34

Why gods here and God there?

Good question!
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 1:43am On Jan 12, 2022
Hashabiah:
I do not operate on shifting points and changing subjects . And besides, we are on a topic that is talking about the divinity of Jesus . And I believe I answered your first question. Now , kindly answer the question I asked prior to this post. Thank you
What is the definition of divinity?
Simple answer: a god/divine.
Jesus divinity= Jesus is a god.
John 3:16, is he not a son?
Therefore, John 10:35-36, Jesus Christ is a god.
John 17:3, his Father is the only true God.
Na Jesus talk am.
Argue against his word, 3 persons worshipping unbelievers cheesy

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Hashabiah: 2:11am On Jan 12, 2022
Janosky:

What is the definition of divinity?
Simple answer: a god/divine.
Jesus divinity= Jesus is a god.
John 3:16, is he not a son?
Therefore, John 10:35-36, Jesus Christ is a god.
John 17:3, his Father is the only true God.
Na Jesus talk am.
Argue against his word, 3 persons worshipping unbelievers cheesy
You and I do not serve the same God hope you know . undecided Your Jesus is Angel Michael while Mine is the God of the Universe. grin

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Janosky: 2:43am On Jan 12, 2022
Originakalokalo:

Thomas, while confirming that it was indeed Jesus after resurrection bowed in worship and said....

Your own Medemede.
This statement is NOT in John 20:28 grin grin
Originakalokalo:

"My Lord and my God"

Jesus did not rebuke him to stop.
ALL your Bibles has an exclamation mark (!) @ John 20:28. Go and confirm this fact. grin
An exclamation of surprise by the doubtful Thomas (@ John 20:18-29) doesn't prove your claim.
In the same manner that "oh my God !" Doesn't mean you worshipping God.
Originakalokalo:

Isaiah 9:6:

Unto us a child is born,...he shall be called "the everlasting father"

How is a child called a father....

Philip asked Jesus... He said;

" show us the father"

...Jesus said

" Why are you asking for the father? If you have seen me you have seen the father because I CAME OUT OF GOD.
Simple question: is Jesus the Father ?
Note: "He shall be called....."
Proof , he acquired the title in the future , by becoming the last Adam, after he left the earth, 1 Corinthians 15:45.
The fact that smoke comes out of your car exhaust make that smoke the petrol in your car?
" I CAME OUT OF GOD" - Everything came out from the Father, Ephesians 3:14-15.
Originakalokalo:

Jesus told the pharisee and said"

"Before Abraham, I AM"

Abraham was born thousands of years ago before Jesus was born...
John 8:38 Your "I am" in the presence of his Father another "I am".
You are telling this public forum you are a Polytheist.
You worship 2 different "I am's" grin grin

grin cheesy
Originakalokalo:

This is salvation;

1. Man sinned in the garden. A day old baby also inherited the sin.

2. The blood of animals were used for temporary cleansing....

...but it was not sufficient.

How can the blood of animals attone for the blood of man?

It was a type of a bigger picture to come....
Temporarily,

1. Priests were responsible for sacrifice of attonement.

2. It must be done in Jerusalem.

Now,

What happens to the entire humans?

Can we all meet at Jerusalem?
Buy animals?

The answer is No.

Now,

Permanently:

1. A sinless blood of a man has to be used to cleanse the entire human sin.
Don't forget that animals blood will not attone for man's sin.

2. The blood has to be blameless....

That's why Jesus was not conceived with man and woman's egg. Else, he would have inherited sin.
Yes!
Originakalokalo:

3. Why was he born in a manger?

He was born in a manger because he is the lamb of God....
Yes!
Romans 8:3, "God sent his own son in the likeness of men"
The lamb belongs to God.
God is NOT, NEVER the Lamb, Is Matthew 27:43,46 clear to you?
Originakalokalo:

Where do you expect a lamb to be born?

In a manger of course.

Now,

If you believe his sacrifice, you are free from the wrath of God that is coming....

If you don't believe,

You will face the wrath of the almighty yourself.

In Jesus' words;

He who doesn't believe in me IS CONDEMNED ALREADY.

The choice is yours.

I am not here to argue.

Your last breath shall open your eyes into the spiritual world,

Then,

It shall be too late for you.

If you read this message and remain adamant,

This message will stand against you on that day.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Your time on the surface of the earth is ticking.

Jesus loves you.

Polytheists who believe in & worship 3 persons.
Did Jesus Christ worship 3 persons?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 7:46am On Jan 12, 2022
Hashabiah:
You and I do not serve the same God hope you know . undecided Your Jesus is Angel Michael while Mine is the God of the Universe. grin
True talk
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 9:11am On Jan 12, 2022
Trinity- The Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit are equal but they have different roles to perform, just like husbands and wives have different roles to perform in the family.

Why are some people so dull? You want Jesus that is in the Trinity to worship the Trinity before you can understand, the fact that Jesus referred to Trinity is not enough for you.
This is the verse where Jesus referred to Trinity.
(Matthew 28)
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Jesus is the Messiah, He is God but He made Himself a full human being and came into the world.
This is the prophesy about the Messiah.
(Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This is where Jesus claimed that He is the Messiah.
(John 4:25-26)
25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he

Jesus rebuked the devil when the devil tempted Him. He said "Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve." Why did Jesus not rebuke people when they were worshipping Him, why did He permit them to worship Him instead if He (the only begotten Son of God) is not equal with God? Will He have permitted people to worship Him if He is an angel of God and not God Himself?

You can go through different accepted translations of the Bible, they all agree that Jesus was worshipped (excluding the translation of somebody that wake up in the morning and decided to make his own doctrine. He only made his own translation to backup his claim, that is not the really Bible). This proves that Jesus claimed that He is God, anybody that says otherwise is accusing Jesus of blaspheming.

This is just one of the verses where Jesus allowed somebody to worship Him.
(John 9:33-38)
33. If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
34.They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36. He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37. And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

This is the verse that proves that Jesus was worshipped even when He was a baby.
(Matthew 2:11) And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Cocotini: 10:13am On Jan 12, 2022
So what I don't get about muslims is this: why do they expend so much, trying to invalidate Christian or Bible claims instead of just facing their own Islam where no Christian has time neither is interested in even looking into the Quran or Mohammed things. Can someone just explain this to me already.
Is it their way of trying to make converts? Or they are insecure in and of their own religion.
They pride themselves in able to quote Bible which is no special thing by the way, cos other than interest and knowledge of know-how, it really is no big of a deal.people are walking dictionaries.To be skillful in Bible interpretation is what's important in Christianity not quotation.

2 Peter 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,

2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Corinthians 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

And Jesus speaking said:

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

They seem to always poke their noses and want to tell christians how to live their own religion.
Imagine a Christian taking hold of Quran and telling the Muslim what it said vs what it meant about polygamy or jihad,that's totally out of place.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Cocotini: 10:31am On Jan 12, 2022
People that respond to Muslims u na dey try o.i don't have that kind of energy. Even while the answer is right in front of them they will not see and are you surprised

Luke 8:10 And He said, “To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that
‘Seeing they may not see,
And hearing they may not understand.’

2 Corinthians 3:14-18
But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The Bible is one huge parable or your could say giant puzzle like science, deliberately
made complicated,so that those who are really Interested will come closer to Christ and ask and understanding be given.

As the scripture above says it is only in Christ that the veil is taken off before any one can understand Bible scriptures.this is why I don't bother myself arguing with Muslims unless lead. it's hectic enough even arguing with fellow Christians( which by the way is no bad thing by scripture in Acts of apsotles)
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2022
Rosement:

Jesus called Himself God in the Bible.
Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
Nowhere does it mentions Jesus as saying this. John allegedly wrote revelation!

(John 17: 5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
All of us exists in God's mind before being created later. God had a destiny for Jesus as well as everyone of us! Here Jesus never said he was God.

(John 5:16-23)
17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
The Jews misunderstood him cos he spoke in parables mostly. God works and his messengers work!
This is also true of Moses, Aaron, Noah, etc.

Jesus said that He is the son of God, He never said the Son is less than the Father, instead He even explained that the Son is equal with the Father. His dependency on His Father does not mean that He is less than His Father, it only explains the difference between their roles, just like husbands and wives have different roles to perform in their families. The Jews understood what He meant very well that was why they wanted to kill Him.

Jesus said "....the father is greater than I" John 14:28 This surely means God is greater than Jesus.

And when Jesus was asked of the Hour in Mark 13:32, he replied " No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." This shows Jesus has a limited knowledge while God knows all things.

(John 10:30) "I and my Father are one."
The context of these is "oneness of Purpose". If they are one, then Jesus won't die without the father dying too!

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one, they are all equal. It was only when Jesus was in the world that He considered Himself lower than God because He came to the world fully in human form, not in His Godly form.
Sin against the Holy Spirit is not forgivable like sin against Jesus. Jesus has a limited knowledge to the father. It sure means they are not equal.

(Philippians 2)
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
This was allegedly written by Paul. Jesus didn't say any of these!

(John 14)
6. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Yeah! All Prophets are the way to the Lord. Those who follow them during their life time will be saved. Jesus as those who followed Moses and Noah!

(Matthew 28)
Who gave him all the power? God! Does that make God powerless then so he now has more power than God?

And this means only the power in heaven and earth was given to him. Powers in other places were not given to him!

Which government was on Jesus's shoulder? And did he ever bear those names in the New testament?

(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Where is Jesus saying he is God here?

(John 20)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Where did Jesus say he is God here? Kyrios (Lord) and Theos (god/God) are also used for dignified humans!

People have been worshipping Jesus since the time He was born. He wants us to worship Him as God, there are a lot of verses in the Bible where Jesus allowed people to worship Him. Follow your own religion. Bible is for Christians, we will continue to read and believe what will see in our Bible. We don't read the books of other religions, talkless of debating their doctrines or books.

1.Who worshipped Jesus from when he was born till he died?
2.Where did he tell anyone to worship him?
3. You invited yourself here and you weren't forced to comment, were you?
4. Where did Jesus ever call himself God?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2022
Jesus rebuked the devil when the devil tempted Him. He said "Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve." Why did Jesus not rebuke people when they were worshipping Him, why did He permit them to worship Him instead if He (the only begotten Son of God) is not equal with God? Will He have permitted people to worship Him if He is an angel of God and not God Himself?

You can go through different accepted translations of the Bible, they all agree that Jesus was worshipped (excluding the translation of somebody that wake up in the morning and decided to make his own doctrine. He only made his own translation to backup his claim, that is not the really Bible). This proves that Jesus claimed that He is God, anybody that says otherwise is accusing Jesus of blaspheming.

This is just one of the verses where Jesus allowed somebody to worship Him.
(John 9:33-38)
33. If this man were not of God, he could do nothing.
34.They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out.
35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God?
36. He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37. And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

If you don't want people to contribute, then debate your own doctrine.
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 10:50am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

All of us exists in God's mind before being created later. God had a destiny for Jesus as well as everyone of us! Here Jesus never said he was God.

The Jews misunderstood him cos he spoke in parables mostly. God works and his messengers work!

Jesus said "....the father is greater than I" John 14:28 This surely means God is greater than Jesus.

And when Jesus was asked of the Hour in Mark 13:32, he replied " No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." This shows Jesus has a limited knowledge while God knows all things.

The context of these is "oneness of Purpose". If they are one, then Jesus won't die without the father dying too!

Sin against the Holy Spirit is not forgivable like sin against Jesus. Jesus has a limited knowledge to the father. It sure means they are not equal.

Yeah! All Prophets are the way to the Lord. Those who follow them during their life time will be saved. Jesus as those who followed Moses and Noah!

Who gave him all the power? God! Does that make God powerless then so he now has more power than God?

And this means only the power in heaven and earth was given to him. Powers in other places were not given to him!

Which government was on Jesus's shoulder? And did he ever bear those names in the New testament?

Where did Jesus say he is God here? Kyrios (Lord) and Theos (god/God) are also used for dignified humans!

If we don't believe the account of Jesus disciples that were close to Jesus, which account should we believe?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AntiChristian: 10:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Rosement:

If we don't believe the account of Jesus disciples that were close to Jesus, which account should we believe?

Paul who wrote about 13 Books never met Jesus! Even the 11 remaining disciples together didn't write this much!

Mark and Luke too never met Jesus!

How are they Jesus's disciples?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 11:20am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Paul who wrote about 13 Books never met Jesus! Even the 11 remaining disciples together didn't write this much!

Mark and Luke too never met Jesus!

How are they Jesus's disciples?
Jesus appointed them. Anyway, I pardon your ignorance, you don't understand Spiritual things.
(Ephesians 4:11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

What about the account of those that are Jesus direct disciples, Matthew, John the Beloved, Peter, James, Philip and Jude? Are we meant to discard them?

(Matthew 16:18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

You just keep showing your level of ignorance. How can you say the knowledge of Jesus, the second person of the Trinity, the Messiah is limited. Jesus was only explaining that though, He (the Son), His Father and the Holy Spirit are equal but they all have different roles and their reactions are different. He was explaining that He (the Son) forgives easily.

This is the prophesy about the Messiah.
(Isaiah 9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This is where Jesus claimed that He is the Messiah.
(John 4:25-26)
25. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

God is our shepherd, for Jesus to also be our shepherd that means He is definitely God.
(John 10:14-15) I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

(John 11:25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Rosement(f): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

(Luke 2:40-52)
40. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
52. And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus voluntarily agreed to limit Himself and come to the world in human form. So He did not know everything at the time of His birth, He went through human development both physically and intellectually just like us.

Matthew 24:36 proves that Jesus limited Himself totally to the level of a human being and came to the world. In Matthew 24:36, Jesus was only saying His human knowledge is limited but not His Godly knowledge, nobody (no human being or angel) knows but God definitely knows. Now, that Jesus is with His Father and He is back to His Godly form He knows the agreed date.
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one and they work together in unity. Just like husband and wife are not two but one and they always try to work together in unity.

(Genesis 1:26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AllahIsSatan: 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
Give a clear unambiguous verse where he denied being God and rejected worship from men.
You can judge try and judge Christianity by the standards of your illiterate child rapist prophet, but you will always fail.

AntiChristian:

Give a clear unambiguous verse where Jesus claimed he was God?
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by AllahIsSatan: 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jesus is the human manifestation of the Word of God, therefore He is Eternal and uncreated since He is a part of God's identity.

Jesus didn't begin to exist 2000 years ago, rather He had ALWAYS existed as The Word.

John 1 14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

It was the event of The Word entering into creation and leaving creation to return to Heaven which led to the creation of Christianity.

Paul was personally chosen by Paul in Acts 9 3-6 to be the Apostle to the Gentiles.

[img]https://images./7xv9ZBYSqN7v4DlvADkjQE.jpg[/img]

Destiny is a pagan concept. In Christianity we believe in Divine Providence. Our God does not program us to be Sinners like Allah does to his slaves.

[img]https://images./OvKGagslBDi7MfuXBKysw.jpg[/img]

The Jews, especially their leaders, understood Jesus parables which is why they resented His criticism of their hypocrisy.

The Trinity never says that all the Person's of The Trinity are the same. The other two persons of The Trinity are manifestations of God. Jesus was the Physical manifestation, while The Holy Spirit is the Spiritual manifestation of God which indwells Believers when they become born again.

When Jesus said He did not know when He would return, He was actively humbling Himself and taking the form of a servant (Philippians 2:7–cool. Since no other mortal knows the time of Jesus’ return—that information is the Father’s alone (Matthew 24:36)—Jesus voluntarily restricted His knowledge on that point. It was part of Jesus’ submission to the Father (see John 5:30; 6:38; 8:28–29) and His mission to live a human life.

The context of the Oneness simply means that as two members of the Godhead, they share the same nature.

All sin is sin against Jesus, but sin against the Holy Spirit is something that only a back-sliding born again Christian can do, which is what makes it more serious than any other sin. If someone who is born again and who has accepted the Holy Spirit, continues to live a sinful life, there is a very real danger that the Holy Spirit will eventually convict such a person of sin and that is the worst thing that could possibly happen to a Christian.

This childish and immature hatred of Paul by modern day Mudslimes based on their ignorant acceptance of Bart Erhman will never stop amusing me! grin It seems these degenerates now accept Ehrman over their own Mufasereen who hailed Paul as a prophet!

[img]https://images./3evujY7vqsphbtVylMHm8t.jpg[/img]

Correction! All TRUE prophets are the way to God. False prophets like Muhammad who are liars and false gods like Allah who encourage living sinful lives should be avoided at all costs.

[img]https://images./OvKGagslBDi7MfuXBKysw.jpg[/img]

This is the height of stupidity. So Jesus who demonstrated His authority over the Seas and the Tempest is limited only to Heaven and Earth? Even Muhammad wasn't this dumb!
Jesus has power over everything, because He created everything! He had power over nature:

[img]https://images./29vF5sejeA3sSftCp6JpNf.jpg[/img]

He had power over His Birth, His Death and His Resurrection!

[img]https://images./5ttEl0VkSo80jcLFXG0HXg.jpg[/img]

Again more ignorance, but the lack of intelligence from followers of prophet Sex Award Winner (SAW) no longer surprises me. In fact, I've given up on them as a lost cause! grin

[img]https://images./3nZ59LvYulHFySKZNimClI.jpg[/img]

Wise men worshipped Him when He was born, while His Disciples and the whole of Christendom and Heaven worship Him now!

[img]https://images./6MCxaBKQBD67GtdkC06hm5.jpg[/img] [img]https://images./6AB7pJEw7AKEVlAHxNu20J.jpg[/img]

The real question is, Where did He forbid anyone from worshipping Him?

[img]https://images./32e6MHRlJsZBJ5QromsM4U.jpg[/img]

For your Almajiri mind you think you have made your filthy abomination of a prophet proud abi? Má tàn rá yín.

Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by Glory4ever(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
PROOFS THAT JESUS WAS AND STILL GOD!

1. It is clearly stated before His birth:
Isaiah 9:6 kjv
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,[/b]The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

2. Jesus accepted worship from men which is like an abomination:
John 9:37-38 kjv
"And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
And he said, Lord, I believe. And he [b]worshipped him.
"

3. Jesus forgave sins which is like an abomination:
Matthew 9:2-3 kjv
"And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth."

4. Jesus revealed He had been in existence before Abraham:
John 8:56-59 kjv
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

5. When prophets of God spoke and they still speak, you will hear "thus saith the Lord" but you will never see anywhere Jesus said "thus saith the Lord" because Jesus Himself is the Lord (God Almighty) rather you will hear:
John 3:5 kjv
"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

John 5:25
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."

6. Lastly, see the scripture concerning the second coming of Jesus

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
Re: Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? by SIRTee15: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Do You Let Other People's Nonsense Change Your Mood? / What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! / 5 Year Old Prays An Unforgettable Prayer At The Potter's House -bishop Td Jakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.