Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader (3071 Views)

Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by dapachez: 11:32am On Jun 18, 2011
In the build up to the selection of other principal officers for the seventh session of the National Assembly, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has nominated Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila as Minority Leader of the House of Representatives.

Gbajabiamila, representing Surulere 1 Federal Constituency of Lagos State was for most part of the sixth session of the parliament the Minority Whip but rose to become the Minority Leader of the House towards the end of the session following the defection of the then Minority Leader, Hon. Ali Ndume to the Peoples Democratic Party.

The party has also nominated Hon. Samson Osagie representing Orhionmwon/Uhunmwode Federal Constituency of Edo State as the Minority Whip of the House.

The National Secretary of the ACN, Senator Lawal Shuaibu, communicated the party’s decision to the Speaker of the House, Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal.

The letter read as follows: "I write to inform you sir that the members of our party caucus in the House of Representatives held a meeting and concluded on the subject of this letter. We wish to inform you that we have no objection to their decisions on this matter and hereby also wish to inform you and Honourable members of the House of Representatives in the seventh National Assembly, that we shall henceforth recognise Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila, representing Surulere 1 in Lagos State and Honourable Samson Osagie representing Orhionmwon/Uhunmwode Federal Constituency in Edo State as the House Minority Leader and House Minority Whip respectively."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/acn-nominates-gbajabiamila-as-minority-leader/93433/
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Syenite(m): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2011
Mcheeew
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by daroz(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
Syenite:

Mcheeew
why? them force u read am? smiley smiley wink
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
congrats to Gbajabiamila, since I'm from a minority tribe im happy for him, especially as its my friends dad smiley smiley
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by YoursGEJ(m): 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^ some people just like to show off with trivialities. he's your dad's friend and so phocking what? Your dad should work for his success and not lean on that of other people. Mtchewww
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
HOW ABOUT IF PDP VOTING IN A NORTHERN ANPP REP AS MINORITY LEADER? DO ME I DO YOU EHHH
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Xbox1: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
Yours GEJ,:

^^ some people just like to show off with trivialities. he's your dad's friend and so phocking what? Your dad should work for his success and not lean on that of other people. Mtchewww

No be small thing o, how about he is my friend too
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by oladayo042: 4:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
Zoom off.
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by texazzpete(m): 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
Yours GEJ,:

He's telling you he's happy and why he's happy. Why are you quick to assume he's trying to show off?

Some people just like to display their insecurities and inferiority complex in a public forum.

Also, he said guy is his friend's dad, not his dad's friend. Learn how to read.
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by seanet02: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2011
Wonderful
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
texazzpete:

He's telling you he's happy and why he's happy. Why are you quick to assume he's trying to show off?

Some people just like to display their insecurities and inferiority complex in a public forum.

Thank u, n im a lady smiley
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2011
texazzpete:

ocetomidex:

Thank u, n im a lady smiley
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Musiwa52: 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2011
Femi Gbajabiamila is a clone of Bola ahmed tinubu , he has been in the house as the voice of Bola tinubu. He has hardly made any contribution to the progress of the house. He only echo what Bola Ahmed Tinubu says. He does not have a mind of his own.

Femi Gbajabiamila only protect Bola Ahmed Tinubu business.
there is no different between Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Femi Gbajabiamila, all this people are clone of Tinubu,  He is weak.   He only repeat what Tinubu says. He is tinubu Yes sir.

he has been in the house of representative for 8 years and had made not much contribution. Femi Gbajabiamila have been in the house for 8 years, and have seen the satellite picture, because he use to live in chicago, but never once raise the issue in the house after 8 years. does he look like change to you. i dont think so. I am not convince.
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by success4(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
Yours GEJ,:

And how does that affect you? Think before you write. I am sorry to inform you that you have comprehension constraint! olodo
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by YoursGEJ(m): 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
that is how nigerians directly and indirectly revere politicians especially those who do not make meaningful contributions to society. What makes you guys different from those who hailed OGD at the airport 2 days ago. Someone should mention just ONE bill gbajagbamila has tabled before the house. Just because he's now minority leader people are now finding the remotest way to link themselves to him. (He's my uncle's brother junior brother's sister's son. Nonsense) Go to the UK and see how unnoticed MPs are. Most people castigate others for actions they carry out themselves on a daily basis. Mtchewwww
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by bashydemy(m): 12:20am On Jun 19, 2011
@jerseyboy that can never cos its only the minority that will choose and ACN has the highest
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 19, 2011
bashy_demy:

@jerseyboy that can never cos its only the minority that will choose and ACN has the highest
But every member voted for the Speaker's election unlike in the USA where the Speaker is chosen in the majority caucus.
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by tpia5: 2:51am On Jun 19, 2011
Re: Acn Nominates Gbajabiamila As Minority Leader by alexola20(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2011

(1) (Reply)

I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. / Northern Elders To President: Your Administration Worst In Nigeria History / *2015 ELECTION!** APC Allocates Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.