Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic (49125 Views)

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim / How My Facebook Account Of 8 Years Was Hacked And Hijacked, A Cautionary Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by chatinent: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
Mi Account saved you chief. All the way to Nigeria Republic. Mehn.

May thieves never know good.

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Fathai(m): 2:36pm On Jan 11, 2022
Cook up story. I lost this same Xiaomi model with iCloud, they unluck the phone very very easy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Olabodmit: 2:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
tonak:
What if he was the one that stole the phone in the first instance or he knows the person that did? Don't be too trusting.
After two years….. the person that stole it will never wait that longer to contact me, that what I think shocked sad

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Haakeem(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
Just bill am like 20000naira fesgrin

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Olabodmit: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Fathai:
Cook up story. I lost this same Xiaomi model with iCloud, they unluck the phone very very easy.

Cook up story! How do you know they unlock it. I also think the same until this morning.
Maybe you didn’t locked your phone after it was stolen

12 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Olabodmit: 2:45pm On Jan 11, 2022
Fathai:
Did you lock your phone on another phone after it was stolen. If didn’t lock it on MI account, they can flash and get away with it

8 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by MJBOLT: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2022
do not give him the code,let him return the phone or pay for it.

14 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by candygist: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
As a business man Before you give him the code please make sure he pays for it half the amount you bought the phone. I don’t encourage stealing. If he doesn’t pay then this people will keep on stealing around and selling peoples phone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by candygist: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:

Did you lock your phone on another phone after it was stolen. If didn’t lock it on MI account, they can flash and get away with it
Not all engineers have the right soft wear.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by skywalker240(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
Jafar1:
It's Niger state, not Niger republic....
Shatap

all these transsion shildren of bitterness

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by luemz(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
oh wow. and I use Redmi oh. lemme go and activate all "activate-ables".
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by skywalker240(m): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2022
heed101:
Please does Infinix has this kind of security?
not in this life, not in the previous of even the next

infact this your question is harmful and needs probbing

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by PurestBoy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:

Cook up story! How do you know they unlock it. I also think the same until this morning.
Maybe you didn’t locked your phone after it was stolen

Must you reply every little thing that quotes you? You get time sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by poiZon: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone
What if na d guy steal am run go cotonou?
Niger republic na french speaking country, and this one is chattinv with u using English..
Ask him to return the phone to the seller and ask for refund.
If u give him the code,u r encouraging thesephone thieves.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by artworks1: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Danibonk:
Help the guy out at least he is honest

He contacted him because he couldn't access the phone.

12 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Olabodmit: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2022
poiZon:

What if na d guy steal am run go cotonou?
Niger republic na french speaking country, and this one is chattinv with u using English..
Ask him to return the phone to the seller and ask for refund.
If u give him the code,u r encouraging thesephone thieves.

Noted

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn.. Nasty.. I'm Outta here sad

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by KingAzubuike(f): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen. I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back. I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account. Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die,they flashed it and the phone is still locked. Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?
Na Niger state e dey not Niger republic
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by hansomb: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2022
If you give the code you be ódé . Big time Ódé if you give out the code. Reduce your loss by charging something reasonable in return.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Soffyh(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
artworks1:

He contacted him because he couldn't access the phone.
yes if he was honest he wouldn't attempt flashing the phone

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mercury12(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
Why give the code?
Do you know everything (illegal or fraudulent activities) done on that phone can be trace back to you? Either you part with little money to get the phone from him. If he agrees have him send the phone using courier service if he doest agree then forget about it.
Your information contain in the phone should be more important to you
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen. I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back. I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account. Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die,they flashed it and the phone is still locked. Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by MBofLife: 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2022
I experienced this last year.
Lost my Redmi Note 9S (New phone that I bought in February sad) April and in September or thereabout, someone reached out claiming to be in Benin Republic.
That I should help him with the password. I asked him to return the phone that I'll pay him and he declined.

I forgot about the whole thing.

22 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Benbisco(f): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:

Make I shake the table small; guy, you wan give am code because you feel say the bro dey honest.

What if na him steal the phone for Ikorodu, hold am since 2020 unto say he no fit use am, as him "japa" go Niger, he say make him try reach you. You don reason the matter like that?

18 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by juri: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone

Contrary to what you may be thinking, you may actually be encouraging deviant behaviours unknowingly. You may as well have been stabbed to death in the course of that theft. So many terrible things accompany acts involving phone theft, from rape etc. It is not a good idea to give him the code. Let him return the phone to you and you pay for the cost of the return since he knows now it was stollen. Even if you can't pay for the return, better the phone remains useless.

Am not an expert in phones but there could also be security concerns here as well. If the phone is used for fraudullent acts or even terrorist acts, investigation by lawfully authorities may eventually lead to you as the owner of the phone. Why should you give someone access to the phone you claimed was stollen from you if not because you were working together. That will become the narrative that can/ may be used to implicate you.

Don't hive him the code. Seriously, don't. This is not about being wicked. Its the right thing to do. It was a stollen product. Simple. It should be returned.

39 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Flytime: 5:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
Fathai:
according to the guy with the phone now,it was unlocked but he reset it after he bought it not knowing it was locked and the people he bought it from had unlocked it
It’s just like iPhones locked to a network
If you reset it,the phone would be locked again and it would cost alot to unlock it

He made the mistake of resetting it not knowing it was locked before and he probably can’t afford to unlock it or even know how to go about it

That’s if he isn’t the thief though or knows the theft and was just an innocent guy duped in the market

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Kwem(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2022
Before he bought that phone they already told him the problem of the phone (if actually he bought).
Since he claims they defrauded him by selling a stolen phone to him, why didn't he go to police because he has every evidence to prove that the phone is a stolen phone why they could not be able to unlock it. Use your not bro...

8 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Funkymode(m): 5:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
Flytime:
according to the guy with the phone now,it was unlocked but he reset it after he bought it not knowing it was locked and the people he bought it from had unlocked it
It’s just like iPhones locked to a network
If you reset it,the phone would be locked again and it would cost a lot to unlock it

He made the mistake of resetting it not knowing it was locked before and he probably can’t afford to unlock it or even know how to go about it

Don't mind those amateur in professional clothes jaare grin grin grin grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Dish: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2022
But Real OGs can operate the phone even as eh de lock grin grin
Just one small thing and boom I'll be cruising the phone grin grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by YourFavorite21(m): 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2022
He has 2 options, it's either he reports the case to the police over there, since he has every evidence that they sold a stolen phone to him.
Or
He will have to pay you a little money like 15k, as a compensation fee before u tell him the code.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Kwem(m): 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2022
Dish:
But Real OGs can operate the phone even as eh de lock grin grin
Just one small thing and boom I'll be cruising the phone grin grin
see them here..

5 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2022
Danibonk:
Help the guy out at least he is honest

Nothing like that. He know he can't use the phone without the owner's code. You think he would have contacted op if the phone was unlocked?

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Useful Android Hidden Codes / Xiao Wang Is Disabled, 7 Years After Selling His Kidney For IPhone 4 / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.