Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic (49191 Views)

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim / How My Facebook Account Of 8 Years Was Hacked And Hijacked, A Cautionary Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mcslize: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Fathai:
Cook up story. I lost this same Xiaomi model with iCloud, they unluck the phone very very easy.

That's not true. You didn't lock it. If you locked the phone, you should be able to sign in your account and see the lock feature.

I use redmi too. Nobody can unlock it except you. You can even monitor the phone. Check the screen shot in my first message I posted. You will see that the phone my stolen redmi is still locked till date. I bought another one and linked it to the same account. Whenever I login, I always check the locked one, it still remain locked till date.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
Don't give him the code, I repeat don't give him the code. The bastard may even be somewhere in Nigeria claiming to be in Niger.

God will punish you for supporting crimes if you send the code to him.

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mcslize: 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Cook up story! How do you know they unlock it. I also think the same until this morning.
Maybe you didn’t locked your phone after it was stolen

No mind am. He didn't lock it. It might even be that he didn't even create an icloud account and he expect the phone to automatically lock.

Some people sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
EndBuhariNow:
Stingy man, give him the damn code, what are you going to do with this old mobile, oya go to Niger let them grind you like okru

You are as foolish as Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by NnamdiN: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
aloma007:

Life no be die brotha
Helping a bro is future rewarding

He should give him the code since he's been blessed with a sounding replacement.

What if the phone was with him and caused him a heavy pain of no traces?

Please � give it out Mr Op

what then is the essence of the security if I have to give out the code to whoever steals it?
There's nothing like helping here, his phone was stolen and the security he put on it has made it useless. That was the whole point of putting it.
Like if it was a car and the thief couldn't drive it, he should send the code because he's gotten another car?

The Nigerien guy should return the phone to whoever sold it to him and ask for a refund or return it to the original owner. These kind things no suppose carry sentiments come.

It's up to the op to decide, me no go do am and thats my point.

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Dazall: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
Op that's a regular Nigeria guy chatting you, those telephone numbers can be gotten if you know your way around. Don't give him the password

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by olasquare: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Already God has fought for you. And the guy has behaved mature and reasonable. I think you should give him the code.

Then there is this second thought that what of if it is the thief that is now pretending as a victim that bought the phone just to attract your sympathy.

What I am trying to say is, if you can proof and be convinced that truly he is also a victim, please give him the code . Thank you
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by dheolexaone(f): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
If only you know how secure mi account is, you will have respect for the phone for life.

Android get levels.
Don't joke with mi phone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by geezynoni: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Your English ehn
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by NickD(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
These are the screenshot of conversation with the Niger guy
How did he get your whatsapp number?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please try and improve on your Use of English: Too many unpardonable errors with Present and Past Tenses

Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen.

I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back.

I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account.

Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die, they flashed it and the phone is still locked.

Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Pootle: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Randerl:

Whatz That?
Is That A Type of Liquid Detergent?

guy you heartless grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by edoairways: 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Did you lock your phone on another phone after it was stolen. If didn’t lock it on MI account, they can flash and get away with it
Can it be locked on pc?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lesson44: 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
I don’t know how Nigerians mind are configured. Why would anyone even contemplating sending a code to someone that bought your stolen phone? He is only trying to reach you because he couldn’t get in without the code.
Our corrupt system has blank out our mind not to recognize even when we sees one.
Abi your hands no clean too?

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lordm(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Does Techno has this security feature?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by BecomeALandLord(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
Does Samsung phones have this type of security?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by edoairways: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
22o62021:
Op let me explain something to you

The phone can still be used even if you don’t send the code

What he need is to bypass the mi account

The people that sold it to him bypassed the mi account and he went home and reseted the phone

It went back to the real owners account

I bypass iCloud on iPhones but if you flash it again, the real account will show up again but you can still re bypass it

It’s just money

Make una no de happy say MI account strong like that

Oppo own na him hard pass
Oppo has a strong security feature?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by valentee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
What if he's part of the deal? You can't be sure he bought a locked phone
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by kmaster007: 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Naso I take block mine Xiaomi note 7... I've not heard till now... I pray make d person contact me... I swear mak him use buhari beg me I no dey gree

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lomprico(m): 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

What are u hiding the guys number but lay your own bare for all to see?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lomprico(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
Moral lesson : Be smart with your phone, when they stole it, it will not be useful for them. Imagine a phone stolen at Ikorodu in 2020 and was now found in Niger republic because no one could used or buy it around

Na aboki steal am
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lomprico(m): 7:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
The guy no sabi.

As long as its android it can be unlocked!
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Ouchbabe(f): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nitah1:
I suspect he's chatting the thief himself....

The guy can't sell the phone hence a scheme to get the code.
Exactly my dear
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Ashirioluwa: 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

But why do you want to give him the code? Please don’t do that because this guy might actually be part of the gang that stole this phone.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Realestatevixen: 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
Moral lesson : Be smart with your phone, when they stole it, it will not be useful for them. Imagine a phone stolen at Ikorodu in 2020 and was now found in Niger republic because no one could used or buy it around

Please how can I lock mine so that it can never be used by the person that stole my phone 2 weeks ago

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Realestatevixen: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mine is Samsung galaxy j4. Stolen 2 weeks ago. I want to lock it please. Can someone assist me
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Ashirioluwa: 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Man you were actually chatting with the same guy that stole the phone. Be smart

4 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Na aboki thif am. Carry am go north. From there stroll go niger

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Rochasstatue(f): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Kindly improve on your writing and grammar.
E get why.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by lomprico(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
22o62021:
Op let me explain something to you

The phone can still be used even if you don’t send the code

What he need is to bypass the mi account

The people that sold it to him bypassed the mi account and he went home and reseted the phone

It went back to the real owners account

I bypass iCloud on iPhones but if you flash it again, the real account will show up again but you can still re bypass it

It’s just money

Make una no de happy say MI account strong like that

Oppo own na him hard pass

Gbam
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Akanoaaa(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Gionee get this type of stuff too
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by bluefilm: 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2022
Samson0599:
Never you release the code,Na person steal d phone dey follow you chat so. Never you give that code especially for security concerns.... It's better the phone remain useless to the person so next time he will be more careful when buying a second hand phone and in so doing discourage phone theft.

Very sound advice.

I like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What's The Best Midnight Data Plan Available? / The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane / Top 5 Cheap Smart Phones In Nigeria Priced Under N40,000 (february 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.