Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me (33342 Views)

'Beauty & The Beast': Huge Bear Abandoned As A Cub Now Russian Supermodel (Pics) / Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia / Where Can I Get A Dog Like This In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Highman56: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
Buy her an iPhone

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Femich18(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Threebear(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bitches ain't loyal . grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by daveP(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
Get a Chain

And feed it with exact kinda dishes your neighbor gives it.

Chain it at different corners of your compound and repeat this process while being nice and mean on other time.

Ensure its looking at your before you drop the food.

Eba does the trip more than rice.

Does it have a satanic appetite for fish?

Get lots of that.

If it doesn't work, dash your neighbor the Ekuks and find a new loyal pet. Accept the Breakfast and move on. Na Ekuks Afterall.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by robinso01(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
Eveezy:

Bitches will really love that grin

I dey tell you grin grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by ProphetJeroboam: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bitches right grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by nickyvil: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
Get her a leech and collar, try to cage her for some days, give her a special treats, buy head and leg of chicken, it should be BTW 700 to 800 naira, cuddle and play with her for long , she will ease out the beating from her memory, she is just scared they will beat her again, it not only beating , your father or siblings do not like dog , n since your away then, they shout,beat and chase away the dog, the dog comfort zone is in your neigbours compound.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by michael1508: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
Give her some trips,take her out on a date cool cool
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Danjikanbauchi: 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2022
grin grin
Maks27:

I rebuke that spirit in you

Amen
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Justbehave(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
Females are same in every species. Be it humans or animals.Alway going for the highest bidder. Lol.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by ashjay001(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maks27:

Done this bro
I am just sad

Dash your neighbor and buy another dog. Very simple something.

Nothing is important, until you attach importance to it wink

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mtweee
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by saintruky(m): 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
Tell ur neighbors to send her packing... Make dem give her less attention... She go run come meet u
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Truvelisback(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maybe, it's because u aren't alway at home and she always feel lonely. Try and take ur dog for outings.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by 1opinion: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Chain her, if your compound has a gate lock it, don't allow her access to the other compound.
After which, play and spend some time with her, she would trust you again with time.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by whatmoreng: 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bushavin2652:
And you have to copy nairaland script? Dont you have shame?
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maks27:
So I had this Local dog I love very well, I feed her all the time.

She eats whenever eat. She is so fresh unless you take a close look you won't know it's a local dog.

But during the Christmas holiday I travelled, by the time I came back my precious dog doesn't stay In our apartment again, she now spends all her time at our neighbors, if I call her and my neighbors call her at the same time she will answer them first.

This dog has completely forgotten about me. Sometimes I will go pick her up there feed her and before I look again she has returned to our neighbors house.

So I ask my dad what could have happened and he told me they beat her when I travelled because she dog a hole in the backyard.
Please how do I draw my dog back to me
Please help me I don't want to loose her.
Dog, A man's best friend.

They work by conditioned reflex action as explained by Ivan Pavlov with the salivating dog.

Your people aside from beating her, also starved as well reason why it shifted loyalty to your neighbour who created more caring and fun time..Dogs behaved like little kids, how you treat them is how they will react.

You will have to start the procedure again..To win it's loyalty to your side.

Prompt with provision of meals..

Bathing and play time in order...

Any time any day I will choose the local dogs over these Improved breeds that behave like mugu.

Local dogs are extremely intelligent and more natural with behavioural patterns.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by herald9: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
We once had a dog that was treated badly and often underfed prior to my moving in.

The dog was always trying to run away at the least opportunity.

What I did to re-orient him was to show him that he was loved.

I usually feed him. Unleash him to walk around the compound. Stroke him at every chance I get. Play with him by running around the compound together. Take him for a walk every morning.

Within months we developed a tight bond such that this dog that used to run away from everyone could now confidently stroll and lie beside me.

He even grew guts to challenge my cousins that used to bully him. They were shocked.

Dogs are sentient, sapient beings. They need love and attention. I pity those cannabilistic humans that derive joy in consuming their meat.

Had a chance I'll lock all dog eaters all up!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by BigDawsNet: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maks27:

She eats whenever eat. She is so fresh unless you take a close look you won't know it's a local dog.

But during the Christmas holiday I travelled, by the time I came back my precious dog doesn't stay In our apartment again, she now spends all her time at our neighbors, if I call her and my neighbors call her at the same time she will answer them first.

This dog has completely forgotten about me. Sometimes I will go pick her up there feed her and before I look again she has returned to our neighbors house.

So I ask my dad what could have happened and he told me they beat her when I travelled because she dog a hole in the backyard.

With a over 3 decades experience living with a dog...

I believe you ain't close to your dog enough...I'm not saying you don't have a relationship with ur dog but... Giving a dog food and playing with dog doesn't necessarily mean it consider you as only trusted onwer...I'm not sure u get ma point but u need to create a deep connection,bond with your dog before you guys can click...

I remember I was away for over a year
When I returned... My dog was rolling on the floor licking me all-over... for over 5mins...he was just jumping on me...

For now, I will suggest you keep feeding the dog... Don't worry...just keep feeding.. with time he will return when he regain your trust...

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Badguy77(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
post=109389065:

If your dog is scared, you don’t have to tell him to suck it up and get over it.
You’re allowed to reassure him
Relationships, with dogs or people, are something you develop over time.
Dogs are not moralists.
They will not dislike a person for their views or character.
They will judge us by their experience of both specific individuals and humans in general.
A dog will often not like being around a person because they feel uncomfortable or threatened by them
Establishing and growing an unbreakable bond is a matter of months and years, not days.

Do these things below and your dog will grow more closer to you.
Get Some Exercise Together.
Create a Routine.
Engage in Play Time.
Bond Through Brushing his fur.
Hand Feed Your Dog from Time to Time.
Pet him sometimes.

All this one for bingo?
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Richy4(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
An apology letter will do just fine.. Just call her after feeding and read it to her lipsrsealed cheesy grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Ofadaman(m): 12:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
Is there a male dog in that your neighbor place, cause b*itches love D*cks.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Badguy77(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
Oga sell that dog for pepper soup now make u no loose totally...E go get as u go call am reach him go start to bark for u...

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by ImeAsian(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2022
I go bring fresh palmy.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by DabuIIIT: 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
Where's the picture?
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by princeemmma(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
oga carry the dog, find good chain tie am, wetin be all this yeye question now.................. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by tonididdy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
I was going to create a similar thread but let me just ask for opinions here.

... On my profile I have a picture of a dog I bought ( I wasn't it the country as at the time of the purchase).

Well long story short, 7 months later and this dog is completely useless and irritating to me.
When I arrived the country, this dog that has never seen me, ran at me, rubbing it's body all over my legs and wagging tail at someone it has never met.

I just got irritated and fed up with it immediately...

My question is how can one make a dog fierce and aggressive?
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by splashbaby(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maks27:

Restrict her movement by chaining her and feeding her properly and show much love by playing with her. Release her gradually but alway have her lovely snacks always when you are outside. Call her and release the snacks, usually meat, no matter how small always have something to give her whenever you call. She will start showing you love again.

Why she resfused your calls was that the beating she received occurred when she responded to her name ...they are routine animal and respond accordingly. Do not call your dog and beat her when she bleeped up, else she will associate the name to beating...if you call her name and give food, she will associate food with the name.

It’s just a trick, not that they understand the meaning of words but associate names with events and behavior of humans when such name are mentioned.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2022
Buy her the new iphone13 ,atleast it works with human b******
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Alaychim: 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
Dogs are social animals, they know if you care or not. . .just be nice to it, it will become use to you with time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. / Man Names His Dog 'Nancy' After His Female Neighbour In Lagos / Meet Leo And Belle, My Adorable German Shepherds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.