Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me (33260 Views)

'Beauty & The Beast': Huge Bear Abandoned As A Cub Now Russian Supermodel (Pics) / Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia / Where Can I Get A Dog Like This In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 7:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
Bbbwings:
What is 404

Dog meat. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Geepee77(m): 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
nedekid:

Keep feeding her?
What if the neighbors are feeding the dog more?

Nobody fit care for something pass the owner.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by UrVillagePpl: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
robinso01:
Take her out to any eatery and spoil her with foods. angry
No joy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 8:39pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mariangeles:

Never for once did I witness my grandfather offer one of his goats to be killed. cheesy

I asked my mum about it and she said that it was said in those times that once you hear the animals making cries at night, you must not go out to check.

Start misbehaving how? Like getting too familiar?

I doubt I would be able to sell off an animal I've bonded with.

A friend of mine who breeds and sells dogs, I asked him if it doesn't affect him selling them off, and he said he's always careful not to get attached to them.
Then I asked him how the mother feels after they've sold off her puppies, he told me she whimpers for some days. How sad.

When my grandmother came to the city for my uncle's wedding, immediately after the wedding, ya si ya laje taa n'echi, that who's looking after and feeding her goats and chickens. cheesy
Even though she gave instructions to the mma who lives opposite to look after them o. cheesy

Caring for animals give old people a sense of purpose and usefulness, and I think that is what makes them live longer and happier,
even without their children around (knowing that they have something to live for...animals that depend on them to survive give them a reason to live)
I believe it can also prevents depression.

I believe living in a natural environment increases the lifespan of a person. E wepuga accident.

One time, when I suggested traveling abroad to my brother, he outrightly said no. It has never been in his plans.

Thankfully, he's successful here in Nigeria.
Hehehehehe I didn't see my grandpa, but my dad said their house used to be a beehive of activities..As he used to be the wealthiest those days.

You know what that means cheesy They kill goat on a regular, ma sheep, chicken etc..They have it in abundance.

What I deduced wu, grandpa m wu onye good life and a hustler...Ala ka nku..Recently onwere onye my Uncle leasiri the plam trees we have in the family, asi ha ga gidere the man a juwa ha o wu ofu onye nwe Ihe n'ile a, ka o wu the whole community grin grin Nwoke nwere aku na uba..

But you know the saying, If you are one who makes, your offsprings nwere ike ha aga hu awu ya.

My grandma had enough native birds then, she do keep some for us to kill when we return for Christmas with my cousins..And you dare not cook personal meal...One kitchen..My mum and my aunts take turn to cook...Fun days.

It's true o..Abali di egwu.

When the dogs deviate from training, I sell off..Mainly they are to secure from hoodlums around..Ha di familiar, it's a red flag.

Hehehe you will be having withdrawal issues with the pets na.. grin so i ga ahu emeli udi business of raising birds for meat or egg production.
Or even cat fish..

Can you kill a bird? grin grin First i gbuola ochichara before? cheesy grin grin grin grin

I si sad? Business is business o....After small time, it will get pregnant and deliver new puppies, eree kwa ha... grin

Ndi mma belongs to home...Grandma feels unease staying away from village...Those days.

My maternal grandma ka di ndu, onye nke ahu will never move out pim...She does business even at 91 now.
You remember when I explained the process of making ugba on food thread, na she I learn from...It's her biz.

It does o..The joy and happiness watching them do well..My dream of family will be a case of homestead. My kids get to know watsup in Agro and life from tender age.
Nothing extend joy and happiness pass that.
Their is sufficiency of food for the family, then IGR as well.

Life goes on..Onye o wula adi happy.

Ihe travelling ahu doesn't move me at all...Even a business associate m, brought up the issue this afternoon, Ma si ya hapu ihe ahu...We can't stay out of business anyi nwere customer base beacause of challenges..Regardless, we move. grin

Onye m choro ya travel o wu my baby brother.. grin mana o wu ya guchaa school.

I will travel, but that will be with my woman to have fun and return to our homestead. grin

Ihe travel a wukwa ibido uwa n'ishi in a foreign place lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by alhajiy2k(m): 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
The same beating that chased it away has to be repeated.
But this time in the other house and by somebody else. Then embrace and treat her nice.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by SeriouslySense(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy it happens.

Josbreed:
you still did not get the point.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by NumeroUna(f): 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2022
I dunno why I find this story and the comments hilarious cheesy cheesy.

So you mean to say the relationship you have been building with your dog, feeding her well etc etc someone else has finished the roofing with just beating?? I'm sorry to say but it seems your "bitch" is a gone girl.

Maybe you'll have to beat her into remembrance like someone suggested or you'll have to exercise patience with her, play with her, pamper her, feed her etc till she remembers you again.

Odiegwu cheesy grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by SoapQueen(f): 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
Maks27:
So I had this Local dog I love very well, I feed her all the time.

She eats whenever eat. She is so fresh unless you take a close look you won't know it's a local dog.

But during the Christmas holiday I travelled, by the time I came back my precious dog doesn't stay In our apartment again, she now spends all her time at our neighbors, if I call her and my neighbors call her at the same time she will answer them first.

This dog has completely forgotten about me. Sometimes I will go pick her up there feed her and before I look again she has returned to our neighbors house.

So I ask my dad what could have happened and he told me they beat her when I travelled because she dog a hole in the backyard.
Please how do I draw my dog back to me
Please help me I don't want to loose her.

Awwww! As a Dog Lover, this is the sweetest thing I've read today! God bless all the doggos
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Exceed15: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Skyfornia:
cheesy grin this is funny shaa shocked, maybe you should just go to your neighbours house and beat her mercilessly there too. So she will be scared to go there anytime she remembered the beating

Make una kuku kill the dog na
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Lilgabby(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2022
Try use hunter gun threaten am
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by player007(m): 1:29am On Jan 16, 2022
Maks27:
So I had this Local dog I love very well, I feed her all the time.

She eats whenever eat. She is so fresh unless you take a close look you won't know it's a local dog.

But during the Christmas holiday I travelled, by the time I came back my precious dog doesn't stay In our apartment again, she now spends all her time at our neighbors, if I call her and my neighbors call her at the same time she will answer them first.

This dog has completely forgotten about me. Sometimes I will go pick her up there feed her and before I look again she has returned to our neighbors house.

So I ask my dad what could have happened and he told me they beat her when I travelled because she dog a hole in the backyard.
Please how do I draw my dog back to me
Please help me I don't want to loose her.

1) First find out what draws her to your neighbors house. And see if you can replicate it.
2) Call her sweet names, Spend time with her.

3) Try as much as possible to give her treats. Get cooked brisket bone for her, watch and pet her while she eats so as to creat that bond back.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Preciousppearl(f): 3:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Exodora:
If your neighbor has a male dog that may be the reason why she goes there.
Besides heard that dogs don't just dig holes for no reasons except there must be a jazz buried there, maybe the dog is trying to alert you dad about the jazz and then the beating so dog run cus him no wan hear stories that touches the heart .
sometimes they just want a cool place to relax.they dig and rest in the hole when they feel like.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by splashbaby(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2022
tonididdy:

It's a cane curso.
When someone's at the gate, he can bark very hard but if the person should summon enough courage to come into the compound.... He just switches to that fellow that welcomes you with tail wagging and romancing your legs.

A visitor said exactly this about it, that he was scared of coming in and was surprised at the dogs next action considering how barky he was earlier.
They are naturally guard dogs. I suspect something is wrong with the upbringing. If you help it bring a more experience dogs into the house to show him how to behave around strangers or let him stay around two or more older dogs for sometime... he will learn or imbibe some certain skills on how to handle strangers.

I had an Eskimo that loves strangers, she practically rolls on the floor to greet everyone, the moment my Alsatian started having contact with them at night ( Usually I keep the smaller dogs indoors and allow the Alsatian to roam freely at night) she begin to understand how to behave to strangers.

They have the instinct but sometimes undesirable behavior run supreme which they need to unlearn...though don't be surprise about his aggressive reaction if any one tries to attack the family. The natural instinct will come back to protect the pack.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 8:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Hehehehehe I didn't see my grandpa, but my dad said their house used to be a beehive of activities..As he used to be the wealthiest those days.

You know what that means cheesy They kill goat on a regular, ma sheep, chicken etc..They have it in abundance.

What I deduced wu, grandpa m wu onye good life and a hustler...Ala ka nku..Recently onwere onye my Uncle leasiri the plam trees we have in the family, asi ha ga gidere the man a juwa ha o wu ofu onye nwe Ihe n'ile a, ka o wu the whole community grin grin Nwoke nwere aku na uba..

But you know the saying, If you are one who makes, your offsprings nwere ike ha aga hu awu ya.

My grandma had enough native birds then, she do keep some for us to kill when we return for Christmas with my cousins..And you dare not cook personal meal...One kitchen..My mum and my aunts take turn to cook...Fun days.

It's true o..Abali di egwu.

When the dogs deviate from training, I sell off..Mainly they are to secure from hoodlums around..Ha di familiar, it's a red flag.

Hehehe you will be having withdrawal issues with the pets na.. grin so i ga ahu emeli udi business of raising birds for meat or egg production.
Or even cat fish..

Can you kill a bird? grin grin First i gbuola ochichara before? cheesy grin grin grin grin

I si sad? Business is business o....After small time, it will get pregnant and deliver new puppies, eree kwa ha... grin

Ndi mma belongs to home...Grandma feels unease staying away from village...Those days.

My maternal grandma ka di ndu, onye nke ahu will never move out pim...She does business even at 91 now.
You remember when I explained the process of making ugba on food thread, na she I learn from...It's her biz.

It does o..The joy and happiness watching them do well..My dream of family will be a case of homestead. My kids get to know watsup in Agro and life from tender age.
Nothing extend joy and happiness pass that.
Their is sufficiency of food for the family, then IGR as well.

Life goes on..Onye o wula adi happy.

Ihe travelling ahu doesn't move me at all...Even a business associate m, brought up the issue this afternoon, Ma si ya hapu ihe ahu...We can't stay out of business anyi nwere customer base beacause of challenges..Regardless, we move. grin

Onye m choro ya travel o wu my baby brother.. grin mana o wu ya guchaa school.

I will travel, but that will be with my woman to have fun and return to our homestead. grin

Ihe travel a wukwa ibido uwa n'ishi in a foreign place lipsrsealed

I si na m ga e gbuli ochichara? I can mana gbando gbuo'm oooo! grin

A gaghi'm e gbulikwa okuko o.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 8:32am On Jan 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

I si na m ga e gbuli ochichara? I can mana gbando gbuo'm oooo! grin

A gaghi'm e gbulikwa okuko o.
grin grin
So ochichara bata na room umu gi, ha kpuo gi bia gbuo ya, gi gbalaga hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by tonididdy(m): 11:02am On Jan 16, 2022
splashbaby:
They are naturally guard dogs. I suspect something is wrong with the upbringing. If you help it bring a more experience dogs into the house to show him how to behave around strangers or let him stay around two or more older dogs for sometime... he will learn or imbibe some certain skills on how to handle strangers.

I had an Eskimo that loves strangers, she practically rolls on the floor to greet everyone, the moment my Alsatian started having contact with them at night ( Usually I keep the smaller dogs indoors and allow the Alsatian to roam freely at night) she begin to understand how to behave to strangers.

They have the instinct but sometimes undesirable behavior run supreme which they need to unlearn...though don't be surprise about his aggressive reaction if any one tries to attack the family. The natural instinct will come back to protect the pack.
Thanks for your input..
Sadly I do not have the 'resources to "reboot" him like you prescribed.
I know there wasn't a cage for it until it was about 3 months (bigger in size), I think it was spoilt from childhood.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin
So ochichara bata na room umu gi, ha kpuo gi bia gbuo ya, gi gbalaga hahaha

They disgust me. cheesy
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

They disgust me. cheesy
Lol..
The smell is worst angry
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol..
The smell is worst angry

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha grin grin grin

Not everyone recognize their smell.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 2:37pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha grin grin grin

Not everyone recognize their smell.
cheesy But you do right?

Ooh forgot you never kill any before.. grin
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Munzy14:

cheesy But you do right?

Ooh forgot you never kill any before.. grin

I have, but felt disgusted afterwards. sad
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

I have, but felt disgusted afterwards. sad
Hehehehehe ndo... grin

How far..

Happy sunday.

I shikwara nri taa?
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Mariangeles(f): 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Hehehehehe ndo... grin

How far..

Happy sunday.

I shikwara nri taa?

Yes, thank you.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Munzy14(m): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mariangeles:

Yes, thank you.

Happy Sunday.
Ngwanu o..

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by splashbaby(m): 1:39am On Jan 17, 2022
tonididdy:

Thanks for your input..
Sadly I do not have the 'resources to "reboot" him like you prescribed.
I know there wasn't a cage for it until it was about 3 months (bigger in size), I think it was spoilt from childhood.
You can restrict him in the cage and see his reactions when visitors visit ( Naturally he will begin to develop the territorial instinct because of the confinement) He will want to controls more territory . Also do a routine of letting him out at certain time and allow minimal access to only certain members of the family.

Let feeding be restricted to certain individuals only... So he can trust only few people as friends...with time strangers will be treated as strangers.. but if strangers gives treats to him always, he sees this as a pattern that’s acceptable and welcoming because of the rewards he get, then he senses strangers as friends automatically.

NEVER ALLOW STRANGERS TO FEED HIM AND USE FEEDING AND CAGING AS A ROUTINE FOR CERTAIN PERIOD TO CURB HIS EXCESSES.

I am very sure he will become the dog you want.
Re: Why Is My Dog Like This? She Has Abandoned Me by Harmony92(f): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2022
Mariangeles:

Awwwwn! Hehehehehehehehe cheesy

Like, its saying our girlfriend is here! Our girlfriend is here! grin
hahahaha our girlfriend cheesy u are a very funny person cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dogs Disappear From Ekiti Streets As Residents Turn To Dog Meat. / Man Names His Dog 'Nancy' After His Female Neighbour In Lagos / Meet Leo And Belle, My Adorable German Shepherds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.