Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,266 members, 7,860,620 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? (4106 Views)

Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? / Nigerian Villages Vs Villages In The Country The Bible Came From / For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by LordReed(m): 9:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Myer:

I guess you don't understand my question.
Even if the high priests and philosophers wrote the bible, how were they aware of these private conversations?

Such as the conversation between Adam and God, Eve and the serpent, Abraham and Isaac on his way to sacrifice his son, Moses and God in the burning Bush, Jacob and God on his way to Panam where he dreamt of the ladder, and on his way to meet Esau when he wrestled with an angel, etc.
Elijah and God when he was running away from Jezebel, Elisha and Gihaz, etc.

These conversations were private with no one else around such as between Jesus and the Samaritan woman by the well, between Jesus and God at Gethsemane, between Jesus and the daughter of the centurion, between Jesus and Pilate when none of his disciples were around.

Mostly likely they are made up or interpolation of real conversations with made up stuff all in a bid to give the words potency and gravitas to anyone reading.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2022
Myer:

If theres anything I want you to make your new year resolution, pls avoid my threads and do not quote me for any reason.
I already know what you have to say because you are and will always be predictable. So just avoid me, otherwise I will be forced to make a case against you and Seun and his mods will have to create the block button because of pests like you.
I wish you well in your endeavours but pls just resist the urge to comment on any of my posts and threads.
Thanks in advance.

I promise not to comment on your thread but
Please! Please!! Please!!!
Never post any comments with the mention of either my moniker or JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
Because if you do then you're looking for my trouble! smiley
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
Myer:
[url][/url]One of the major challenges Istill can't seem to understand is how the bible came about.

If you read through Genesis to Deuteronomy, you'll realise that some of the events were private and no one else was there, and certainly not even a writer.
This books were supposedly written by Moses who was born millennia after.
Moses, the supposed writer even in Deuteronomy 34 wrote about his own death.

How also did he know what conversations took place between God and Adam, Between Eve and the serpeant? Between Jacob and the Angel when he wrestled with God, Abraham and Isaac, Isaac and his sons, Jacob and his sons, Etc

In the new testament, how did the writers of the Synoptic gospels (Matthew to John) get the conversations Jesus had alone in their absence? Such as the conversation between him and the Samaritan woman by the well, Jesus and God at Gethsemane, etc.
How did the writer even have the conversations he had with them when none of them was a writer and most of them were illiterates?

Bros, long time. Trust you are good.

As per question. The closest answer is the fact that the were orally transmitted.

A typical Jew preserve their history via oral teaching to their followers and children. You will see this usually emphasized by God himself to his people (to teach their children this events).

Observe that Abraham did this to Isaac, Isaac to Jacob. They taught God's story and its consciousness to the next generations. Joseph prophecy about his bone was as a result of his him being taught about God's salvation for his people. Hence he believed and speak.

So, obviously they were taught and passed down through generation. This is the same thing you will find in African history. Our culture and history were preserved in stories, folklore and songs. We hardly have them written.

Moses writing is a central emblem to all that God spoke and communicated over those generations because it was him that was able to first document what was said over centuries orally to the Jews. He was able to tell God's story using their folklore, events, history and stories passed down through oral teaching.

Observe that Moses even before God appeared to him, already had knowledge of God, because he must have been taught by his mother. He knew God will send a deliverer, a savior and save his people. Those information were passed down through their generation and preserved their believes.

This is what God told Moses at the burning bush.

I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC, JACOB.

Observe that Moses understood that immediately and never argued that who are those people or names. He was already taught about them. He was raised in such age of oral transmission of information.

Acts 6-7, Exo 1 should help here.

So, simply put, Moses was able to write about those stories because they weren't strange stories, they existed within their generation and culture. Each Jew was raised to know God.

Yet in all.
we must always have behind our mind that even though those information were received orally, Moses documentation is beyond just writing the stories down.

He is an expounder, Explainer, interpreter of God's word. He was able to put all these stories together and situate God's plan through all generations within the stories.

That's the beauty of his writings. A true prophet of God.

PS
If you follow this line of thought, you will then know why I said (in formal thread, our last discussion) that the chronological (dateline) sequence of generations or events in Bible as aligning to world dateline isn't as important as the theology the Bible presented.

Because if they are orally transmitted, dateline won't be a focus of the speakers but the essence, the wisdom, the truth that is being transmitted.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
hupernikao:

Bros, long time. Trust you are good.

As per question. The closest answer is the fact that the were orally transmitted.

A typical Jew preserve their history via oral teaching to their followers and children. You will see this usually emphasized by God himself to his people (to teach their children this events).

My mighty man in scripture. I greet you too bro.

I took my time to digest your writ which I must say you nearly had me convinced.

True, these events and their oral tales existed with the Israelites way before Moses.
He simply as you posited helped document, expound and interprete them from a place of random events to polarity, pointing the israelites to Gods will and plan for them.
Great submission.

But this still doesn't answer my more cogent question concerning the private conversations and supposed quotations between God and the characters (Fathers of faith if you will).

Do you know that even Moses' last the conversation with God on the mountain that he should die was recorded, I wish we could explain who was there to hear such private last moment conversation. Bear in mind that Moses' body was never found by the Israelites.

I stated earlier some other instance such as the conversation between Jesus and the Samaritan woman by the well. Don't forget that the scripture clearly stated that Jesus never mentioned this conversation with any of his disciples, neither did they ask him.

Some many such events should make you ask questions, don't you think?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2022
LordReed:

Mostly likely they are made up or interpolation of real conversations with made up stuff all in a bid to give the words potency and gravitas to anyone reading.

You get my train of thought completely.
Yet these words are held verbatim as God's words and inspirations.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by LordReed(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
Myer:

You get my train of thought completely.
Yet these words are held verbatim as God's words and inspirations.

That way the illusion has more "power". It doesn't work for unstoppable things of nature, that's why they can't pray and stop a hurricane but they can pray and find their keys.

1 Like

Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by xproducer: 4:45am On Jan 18, 2022
Myer:
[url][/url]One of the major challenges Istill can't seem to understand is how the bible came about.

If you read through Genesis to Deuteronomy, you'll realise that some of the events were private and no one else was there, and certainly not even a writer.

How also did he know what conversations took place between God and Adam, Between Eve and the serpeant? Between Jacob and the Angel when he wrestled with God, Abraham and Isaac, Isaac and his sons, Jacob and his sons, Etc

In the new testament, how did the writers of the Synoptic gospels (Matthew to John) get the conversations Jesus had alone in their absence? Such as the conversation between him and the Samaritan woman by the well, Jesus and God at Gethsemane, etc.
How did the writer even have the conversations he had with them when none of them was a writer and most of them were illiterates?

---------
The Holy Bible is in fact the infallible word of GOD! The Word of GOD never fails!

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"...knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:20-21

"Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel: The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue." - 2 Samuel 23:1-2

+++

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." - Matthew 5:18

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." - Matthew 24:35
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 7:49am On Jan 18, 2022
xproducer:

---------
The Holy Bible is in fact the infallible word of GOD! The Word of GOD never fails!

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"...knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:20-21

"Now these are the last words of David. Thus says David the son of Jesse; Thus says the man raised up on high, The anointed of the God of Jacob, And the sweet psalmist of Israel: The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, And His word was on my tongue." - 2 Samuel 23:1-2

+++

"For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled." - Matthew 5:18

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." - Matthew 24:35

This is how people fail exams.
Simple question, you quoted verses without answering the question.

Yes, prophets prophesied but the question is how did writing the bible come about especially the private conversations.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Myer:

My mighty man in scripture. I greet you too bro.

I took my time to digest your writ which I must say you nearly had me convinced.

True, these events and their oral tales existed with the Israelites way before Moses.
He simply as you posited helped document, expound and interprete them from a place of random events to polarity, pointing the israelites to Gods will and plan for them.
Great submission.

But this still doesn't answer my more cogent question concerning the private conversations and supposed quotations between God and the characters (Fathers of faith if you will).

Do you know that even Moses' last the conversation with God on the mountain that he should die was recorded, I wish we could explain who was there to hear such private last moment conversation. Bear in mind that Moses' body was never found by the Israelites.

I stated earlier some other instance such as the conversation between Jesus and the Samaritan woman by the well. Don't forget that the scripture clearly stated that Jesus never mentioned this conversation with any of his disciples, neither did they ask him.

Some many such events should make you ask questions, don't you think?

Thanks for taking time to read.

Sure question should be asked. That's what bible study is for. To investigate well.

Now, following my earlier thought pattern, we can fully infer that oral tradition played an important role on the text of the Bible. I try focusing on Moses first because that's what set the pace for others.

There are internal evidence in the Bible that showed Moses was taught and raised to know the events, the stories about God and his environment. I have posited that in my earlier comment, he as a prophet of God was now able to use them all, reading and reasoning them together to explain God's thoughts by the Spirit inspiration.

You will see something similar in Luke 24

Luke 24:44-46
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day
:

Notice he taught them from all the scriptures, yet they can't reason it together to understand the meaning. They read, heard and interpret the stories in silos.

In vs 45, their understanding were opened to now understand.

The word that they might understand is the Greek word suniemi. It is used for reasoning things together to know the essence.

It's like how you can reason together all courses (100L - 400L) you took in university and understand the reasons and how they are connected together. You can now see the bigger picture.

That's what Jesus did to them.

So what Moses did is to give a suniemi of those events.

Now to the privacy.
I will take Genesis as a case study.

You will observed that detailed writing of private communication progressed as the books (Genesis) progressed.

Aside the Adam and Abel stories, you hardly find details of others until Genesis 6,Noah. Even at that details were exempted. Just clues as what any story teller can narrate.

For example, what you will see mostly are instructions given and how they acted on it. No details about personal life's.

God's instruction to Adam, to Eve, to Cain, Enoch were only captured and no other details. Aside the facts that those details aren't necessary, it is obvious the author only have limited information about their daily living. But the live style of each of them were summarized to capture the main essence through God's inspiration to the author.

A key example
Observe Abraham calling and compare to Moses calling.

When Abraham was called, we have no detail, we only have God's instruction to him and he followed. Few details developed later, but as such is also within instructions of events to happen.

Compare this to Moses at the burning bush. Details were not only given, the writer artistry and event coloration were portrayed in that single events. Key details were observed. Exodus 3 gives you a detailed narratives. Even upto Moses unspoken thoughts. Why? Because it was a first hand experience.

We can go on and on looking at other stories and events.

Another key details you will observe also is the fact that, counting or keeping days or dates was quite silent in early Genesis events. But from Moses, days and weeks and activities in them started having details. Hence that's beyond stories but their true experience.

Lastly, on documentation about Moses death.

You must know from history that, firstly, a follower in the ancient world is allowed to complete his master's work and still name it after his master. This is a documented fact even some still hold this practice today.

Hence, it is obvious that the later part of Moses writings were documented by his disciples, likely Joshua who had much details and access to Moses privacy, notes, jotting and secrets. Hence it should not be strange to see him able to document some private information about him.

In all, a key element in all the writings is the fact that God's spirit upon them gave them the right understanding, access and coordination to be able to suniemi, a reading and understanding together, put things down and forsee God's bigger picture ahead of time even in their ancient dispositions.

1 Like

Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Steep(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2022
Myer:

The books of Moses were not written by Moses alone. Isreal keep records of their national history, this is done by the scribes which through oral narration.

concerning the private conversation, these were gotten through oral narration, Adam and Eve would have told their children the story of their life and this would have passed on from generation to generation.

Jesus himself explained the scripture concerning himself to his disciples might have heard Jesus prayer during his passion.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by xproducer: 2:55am On Jan 19, 2022
Myer:

This is how people fail exams.
Simple question, you quoted verses without answering the question.

Yes, prophets prophesied but the question is how did writing the bible come about especially the private conversations.

---

How do you profit from insult or from negativity?

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29

Edification is "building up"... not belittling / putting down!

The word of GOD is GOD given... GOD knows all things.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:35-37
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 5:35am On Jan 19, 2022
xproducer:

---

How do you profit from insult or from negativity?

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29

Edification is "building up"... not belittling / putting down!

The word of GOD is GOD given... GOD knows all things.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:35-37

Apologies if you felt insulted.

Did God write the bible?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
hupernikao:

Sure question should be asked. That's what bible study is for. To investigate well.

In all, a key element in all the writings is the fact that God's spirit upon them gave them the right understanding, access and coordination to be able to suniemi, a reading and understanding together, put things down and forsee God's bigger picture ahead of time even in their ancient dispositions.

I'll do my best to provide inexplicable private scenarios recorded in the bible. Let's see what you make of them and how they came to be documented when no one else was around and the author could not possibly have access to these details.

Until then, I want you to ponder over the fact that if this were not the bible that you have chosen to place your faith in, say it was just another holy book from another religion like Islam or Buddha or Ifa, etc would you make these same excuses for them?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 1:10am On Jan 21, 2022
Myer:

I'll do my best to provide inexplicable private scenarios recorded in the bible. Let's see what you make of them and how they came to be documented when no one else was around and the author could not possibly have access to these details.

Until then, I want you to ponder over the fact that if this were not the bible that you have chosen to place your faith in, say it was just another holy book from another religion like Islam or Buddha or Ifa, etc would you make these same excuses for them?

Excuse bawo.

What I gave is what is obtainable even among men today. Always know when interpreting Bible, that those men, you are reading or the writers, were humans as you. They had feelings, they suffered, have daily schedule, lived among people, had children to cater for, had wives, passed through almost what we pass through today. They weren't robots, they weren't another species.

Hence we can look at man today, and be able to explain man in their own time and history, we can look at man inspired today and explain man inspired in their own time. It wasn't as you see it in movies, it was a reality.

They ate, got angry, worried, sad, happy, slept, made jest, ate as we do, used the rest room as we do. Had even stomach pain, head ache, sleepless nights, I can go on and on.

Until we start seeing these men as natural as you are yet believed God and hold to God's will, used of God even in their weaknesses, we will not have the clarity of how God used them.

So, Bro, I never gave excuses, I gave you provable facts within human experiences.. We can look at the history of man and see how things were written, and how inspired things were written also.

As per Ifa and Co. I can't hold brief on them, because my faith isn't in it. If you can show me God's plan for humanity all through the ages through those books and convincingly explain how that affects me, then we can start the dispute on it. Things of the spirit and of God aren't hidden in the moon, they can be explained, felt and understood. So maybe you can be able to do exegesis from them then open it for discussion. But for me, I know where my conviction lies.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 6:03am On Jan 21, 2022
hupernikao:

Excuse bawo.

What I gave is what is obtainable even among men today. Always know when interpreting Bible, that those men, you are reading or the writers, were humans as you. They had feelings, they suffered, have daily schedule, lived among people, had children to cater for, had wives, passed through almost what we pass through today. They weren't robots, they weren't another species.

Hence we can look at man today, and be able to explain man in their own time and history, we can look at man inspired today and explain man inspired in their own time. It wasn't as you see it in movies, it was a reality.

They ate, got angry, worried, sad, happy, slept, made jest, ate as we do, used the rest room as we do. Had even stomach pain, head ache, sleepless nights, I can go on and on.

Until we start seeing these men as natural as you are yet believed God and hold to God's will, used of God even in their weaknesses, we will not have the clarity of how God used them.

So, Bro, I never gave excuses, I gave you provable facts within human experiences.. We can look at the history of man and see how things were written, and how inspired things were written also.

As per Ifa and Co. I can't hold brief on them, because my faith isn't in it. If you can show me God's plan for humanity all through the ages through those books and convincingly explain how that affects me, then we can start the dispute on it. Things of the spirit and of God aren't hidden in the moon, they can be explained, felt and understood. So maybe you can be able to do exegesis from them then open it for discussion. But for me, I know where my conviction lies.

Exactly because I see them as natural men is why it seems impossible for them to perform what we credit them for.
Like you believe someone who wasnt there when Jesus was praying to God in his private moments to somehow document his every word and prayer because he was moved by the Holyspirit?

When was the last time you were moved by the Holyspirit to write the conversations between say your pastor and God talkless of the conversation between Adam and God?

But we attribute these unrelatable feats to the bible characters and say it was because they had the Holyspirit.
The same bible says we who have the same faith and Holyspirit will perform even greater things than Jesus right?. Yet go to the churches and what we find is that we keep praying and fasting just to eat or even get divine guidance on basic things.

If you believe some natural ordinary men were inspired and somehow got to write what we today call the bible, then where is that same inspiration now. Cos more than ever, the world needs it.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 8:09am On Jan 21, 2022
Myer:

Exactly because I see them as natural men is why it seems impossible for them to perform what we credit them for.
Like you believe someone who wasnt there when Jesus was praying to God in his private moments to somehow document his every word and prayer because he was moved by the Holyspirit?

When was the last time you were moved by the Holyspirit to write the conversations between say your pastor and God talkless of the conversation between Adam and God?

But we attribute these unrelatable feats to the bible characters and say it was because they had the Holyspirit.
The same bible says we who have the same faith and Holyspirit will perform even greater things than Jesus right?. Yet go to the churches and what we find is that we keep praying and fasting just to eat or even get divine guidance on basic things.

If you believe some natural ordinary men were inspired and somehow got to write what we today call the bible, then where is that same inspiration now. Cos more than ever, the world needs it.

You have to juxtapose all my last 3 responses to you. Your last comment seems to neglect my earlier views and responses about how these men were inspired, what the inspiration is and how it comes.

I have also laid out for you the possibility of being able to document private conversations through oral transmission, first hand information from the actors, narrative extension by the scribes (disciples) all guided by the Holy Spirit. Hence it is not special or different from what is obtainable today. Because men havent changed, and the Spirit of God with them, is same in us today.

I also felt, you are diverting gradually into spirit giftings looking at your last paragraph, yet you are mixing it up with spirit inspiration of writing the scriptures.

I will give just two sweeping statement to summarize the difference between the two above, which i may explain later on depending on our conversation.

TWO KEY QUESTIONS

1. Does the Spirit giftings still in operations today, even gift of revelation in the believer?

Absolutely yes.
I believe in the current day Charismatic ability of the believer. And i believe the main challenge of a believer today isnt the presence or availability of the spirit gift (which he has) but in the lack of knowledge, training and exposition on how it functions. Its applicable knowledge must be taught beyond unnecessary argument and unseriousness we see today.

False and wrong information about this concept has contributed more to the much inactivity of a believer towards these gifts. Hence many alternatives to spirit gifts have been proposed and taught in places. Since knowledge always precedes ability to do, we will have to spend more time teaching these, so that believers can unlearn, relearn and learn to act on these abilities.

2. Does the Spirit giftings today available to inspire men to write a further scriptures?.

Absolutely No.
The scriptures revelation are stratified, purposed and definate. Even though they came through day to day men of their days, they werent the regular day to day inspiration but an unveiling the total plan of God. Note that beyond what was written, there will be other revelations and utterances by the prophets and God's servants in their day that werent captured as scriptures, why? Scriptures are definate and purposed.

Observe that this plan has been detailed from start to finish all through the scriptures, hence anyother inspiration via revelations today are subject to this definate inspiration (scriptures).

Observe, the scriptures itself admonish that we judge all things today side by side with the scriptures. Hence, any revelation today can be taken as spirit inspiration as much as it aligns and agrees with the revelation of the scriptures, which is the totality of God's plan revealed to man.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2022
hupernikao:

You have to juxtapose all my last 3 responses to you. Your last comment seems to neglect my earlier views and responses about how these men were inspired, what the inspiration is and how it comes.

I have also laid out for you the possibility of being able to document private conversations through oral transmission, first hand information from the actors, narrative extension by the scribes (disciples) all guided by the Holy Spirit. Hence it is not special or different from what is obtainable today. Because men havent changed, and the Spirit of God with them, is same in us today.

I also felt, you are diverting gradually into spirit giftings looking at your last paragraph, yet you are mixing it up with spirit inspiration of writing the scriptures.

I will give just two sweeping statement to summarize the difference between the two above, which i may explain later on depending on our conversation.

TWO KEY QUESTIONS

1. Does the Spirit giftings still in operations today, even gift of revelation in the believer?

Absolutely yes.
I believe in the current day Charismatic ability of the believer. And i believe the main challenge of a believer today isnt the presence or availability of the spirit gift (which he has) but in the lack of knowledge, training and exposition on how it functions. Its applicable knowledge must be taught beyond unnecessary argument and unseriousness we see today.

False and wrong information about this concept has contributed more to the much inactivity of a believer towards these gifts. Hence many alternatives to spirit gifts have been proposed and taught in places. Since knowledge always precedes ability to do, we will have to spend more time teaching these, so that believers can unlearn, relearn and learn to act on these abilities.

2. Does the Spirit giftings today available to inspire men to write a further scriptures?.

Absolutely No.
The scriptures revelation are stratified, purposed and definate. Even though they came through day to day men of their days, they werent the regular day to day inspiration but an unveiling the total plan of God. Note that beyond what was written, there will be other revelations and utterances by the prophets and God's servants in their day that werent captured as scriptures, why? Scriptures are definate and purposed.

Observe that this plan has been detailed from start to finish all through the scriptures, hence anyother inspiration via revelations today are subject to this definate inspiration (scriptures).

Observe, the scriptures itself admonish that we judge all things today side by side with the scriptures. Hence, any revelation today can be taken as spirit inspiration as much as it aligns and agrees with the revelation of the scriptures, which is the totality of God's plan revealed to man.

The teachings of Jesus did not align with the Scriptures of his day, which is why the Pharisees and Saducees and even till date the Jews reject him as the Messiah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2022
Myer:

The teachings of Jesus did not align with the Scriptures of his day, which is why the Pharisees and Saducees and even till date the Jews reject him as the Messiah.

You are the one who said this. This isn't true as per Jesus teaching.

Jesus taught exactly what Moses taught. Same scriptures. The issue were with the Pharisee.

You must understand that the problem in Jesus's days were interpretation problem not a documentation problem. Jesus never negate what Moses wrote. He only explained them. The Pharisee never negate what Moses wrote, they only had wrong interpretation.

This must be clear.

They all agreed the scriptures is true and same but interpretation was their issues. Jesus spoke Moses mind nothing else.

Observe, Jesus relied on Moses words and teaching to overcome temptation. All the scriptures Jesus quoted in temptation were Moses doctrine.

Think about that.

Duet 8:3
that man shall (C)not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2022
hupernikao:

You are the one who said this. This isn't true as per Jesus teaching.

Jesus taught exactly what Moses taught. Same scriptures. The issue were with the Pharisee.

You must understand that the problem in Jesus's days were interpretation problem not a documentation problem. Jesus never negate what Moses wrote. He only explained them. The Pharisee never negate what Moses wrote, they only had wrong interpretation.

This must be clear.

They all agreed the scriptures is true and same but interpretation was their issues. Jesus spoke Moses mind nothing else.

Why did the Pharisees and Saducees and reject him?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 10:15am On Jan 21, 2022
Myer:

Why did the Pharisees and Saducees and reject him?

His interpretation. That's all.
They taught the scriptures in their own way not Moses way. Jesus taught the scriptures in Moses way.

John 5:46-47
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

They didn't believe Moses, they taught their own doctrine deviating from Moses. Jesus taught exactly what Moses want them to believe.

Matt 16:6
6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees

12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Observe Pharisees doctrine were also from the scriptures howbeit, manipulating the words.

Jesus doctrine was also from the scriptures, straightening what Moses intended.

He taught differently the same scriptures they had and never understood.

And as teacher of the law, an unlearned lad now teaching you your own manual, it takes humility to accept such persons. Hence his rejection.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
hupernikao:

His interpretation. That's all.
They taught the scriptures in their own way not Moses way. Jesus taught the scriptures in Moses way.

John 5:46-47
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

They didn't believe Moses, they taught their own doctrine deviating from Moses. Jesus taught exactly what Moses want them to believe.

Matt 16:6
6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees

12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Observe Pharisees doctrine were also from the scriptures howbeit, manipulating the words.

Jesus doctrine was also from the scriptures, straightening what Moses intended.

He taught differently the same scriptures they had and never understood.

And as teacher of the law, an unlearned lad now teaching you your own manual, it takes humility to accept such persons. Hence his rejection.

The laws of Moses were that the Pharisees and Saducees executed.
The law of the new covenant which Jesus taught is not the same as the laws of Moses. In fact the law of the new covenant negates the old covenant.

1. Jesus Christ introduced eternal life. They never knew anything about that.

2. Jesus Christ prevented the execution of the law on the adulterous woman who was caught and was about to be stoned to death as the law required. Simply because Jesus introduced the that only those without sin should stone her which wasnt in the law of Moses.

3. Jesus did not honor the Sabath as the law of Moses required. Rather he said he was Lord of the Sabath.

4. Jesus did not honor his mother, Mary as the Law of Moses requires. When he was told his Mom and siblings wanted to see him, it seems like he disregard her and his siblings. The second commandments is to honor your parents that your days may be long. (Perhaps why he didn't leave long?)

5. Jesus broke many of the Laws of Moses which were not what we would consider sins today but were sinful according to the law Moses received from God. (If you can point to any,I will point you to the corresponding law of Moses)

Bear in mind that I'm not saying Jesus did not teach the true gospel. In fact, the teachings of Jesus were in line with the Fahers of faith- once you study the ways of Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David, Daniel, etc. Cos they weren't bound by laws, God blessed and saved them even for breaking the laws.
Abraham and Jacob did not operate on laws, God simply blessed them and they committed them selves after he blessed them. It was not a law.

But God did give Moses the laws.10 on the Mount Sinai and over 600 other laws as they journeyed through the wilderness.

I'm simply saying it's hard to blame the Pharisees and Saducees for doing what they were taught and trained to do- To uphold the laws of Moses given by God.

I'd cite biblical references but I believe you know thus scriptures.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Myer:

The laws of Moses were that the Pharisees and Saducees executed.
The law of the new covenant which Jesus taught is not the same as the laws of Moses. In fact the law of the new covenant negates the new covenant.

1. Jesus Christ introduced eternal life. They never knew anything about that.

2. Jesus Christ prevented the execution of the law on the adulterous woman who was caught and was about to be stoned to death as the law required. Simply because Jesus introduced the Jesus that only those without sin should stone her which wasnt in the law of Moses.

3. Jesus did not honor the Sabath as the law of Moses required. Rather he said he was Lord of the Sabath.

4. Jesus did not honor his mother, Mary as the Law of Moses requires. When he was told his Mom and siblings wanted to see him, it seems like he disregard her and his siblings. The second commandments is to honor your parents that your days may be long. (Perhaps why he didn't leave long?)

5. Jesus broke many of the Laws of Moses which were not what we would consider sins today but were sinful according to the law Moses received from God. (If you can point to any,I will point you to the corresponding law of Moses)

Bear in mind that I'm not saying Jesus did not teach the true gospel. In fact, the teachings of Jesus were in line with the Fahers of faith- once you study the ways of Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, David, Daniel, etc. Cos they weren't bound by laws, God blessed and saved even for breaking the laws.
Abraham and Jacob did not operate on laws, God simply blessed them and they committed them selves after he blessed them. It was not a law.

But God did give Moses the laws.10 on the Mount Sinai and over 600 other laws as they journeyed through the wilderness.

I'm simply saying it's hard to blame the Pharisees and Saducees for doing what they were taught and trained to do- To uphold the laws of Moses given by God.

I'd cite biblical references but I believe you know thus scriptures.

All you listed above that Jesus did was exactly what Moses taught. Jesus came to do what Moses already taught not something different.

Note this and read it again. The Pharisees never did what Moses instructed, they did what they wanted. I gave you a scriptures earlier that should clear all these.
Jesus himself said the Pharisees didn't do what Moses said, that what Moses said is exactly what he (Jesus) is doing. Hence his rejection is Moses rejection.

John 5:46 please read this well.
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.(BC) 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

Notice the emphasis, THEY DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT MOSES WROTE.

that is an express statement that should guide your interpretation of the Pharisees doctrine.

So, Jesus wasn't correcting Moses, he was correcting the Pharisees.

Secondly, for you to say Moses didn't preach eternal life is a slap on him. The doctrine of life eternal was Moses concept and didn't originate from Jesus. Bro, you are reading scripture in silos.

A simple rule of Bible interpretation is to findout who owns a term or usage of word in the Bible.

Moses is custodian and originator of most terms in the OT and NT. Terms such as

Life
Heaven and earth
Ark
Worship
Light

Etc.

You can't read any other author without tracing this to Moses.

Jesus read Moses and he was interpreting Moses. So when Jesus taught eternal life he wasn't introducing a new concept but teaching what Moses taught.

The first mention of life eternal in Bible was used by Moses and called it tree of life (Gen 2). Note in Gen 3 he told you the tree is for living for ever. How then do you say he never taught eternal life.

Paul taught eternal life and salvation in christ, by quoting Moses verbatim.

Read Deut 30 from verse 10. Compare to Romans 10 from verse 6.

He was quoting Moses verbatim in teaching life.

This is same as everyone in the Bible who is God's prophets and apostles.

Read this well.
NO ONE USED OF GOD IN THE BIBLE SPEAK OUTSIDE WHAT MOSES TAUGHT. NO ONE. INCLUDING JESUS.

Why?

It's the same inspiration, purpose, plan, spirit and God, hence they spoke the same.

I will sincerely advise you have a second look at Moses writings and theology. It will change your whole Bible explanation.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
hupernikao:

All you listed above that Jesus did was exactly what Moses taught. Jesus came to do what Moses already taught not something different.

Note this and read it again. The Pharisees never did what Moses instructed, they did what they wanted. I gave you a scriptures earlier that should clear all these.
Jesus himself said the Pharisees didn't do what Moses said, that what Moses said is exactly what he (Jesus) is doing. Hence his rejection is Moses rejection.

John 5:46 please read this well.
46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me.(BC) 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?

Notice the emphasis, THEY DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT MOSES WROTE.

that is an express statement that should guide your interpretation of the Pharisees doctrine.

So, Jesus wasn't correcting Moses, he was correcting the Pharisees.

Secondly, for you to say Moses didn't preach eternal life is a slap on him. The doctrine of life eternal was Moses concept and didn't originate from Jesus. Bro, you are reading scripture in silos.

A simple rule of Bible interpretation is to findout who owns a term or usage of word in the Bible.

Moses is custodian and originator of most terms in the OT and NT. Terms such as

Life
Heaven and earth
Ark
Worship
Light

Etc.

You can't read any other author without tracing this to Moses.

Jesus read Moses and he was interpreting Moses. So when Jesus taught eternal life he wasn't introducing a new concept but teaching what Moses taught.

The first mention of life eternal in Bible was used by Moses and called it tree of life (Gen 2). Note in Gen 3 he told you the tree is for living for ever. How then do you say he never taught eternal life.

Paul taught eternal life and salvation in christ, by quoting Moses verbatim.

Read Deut 30 from verse 10. Compare to Romans 10 from verse 6.

He was quoting Moses verbatim in teaching life.

This is same as everyone in the Bible who is God's prophets and apostles.

Read this well.
NO ONE USED OF GOD IN THE BIBLE SPEAK OUTSIDE WHAT MOSES TAUGHT. NO ONE. INCLUDING JESUS.

Why?

It's the same inspiration, purpose, plan, spirit and God, hence they spoke the same.

I will sincerely advise you have a second look at Moses writings and theology. It will change your whole Bible explanation.

Today having read the teachings of Jesus Christ, you might be able to say Moses taught the same things as Jesus.
But before the understanding of the teachings of Jesus; you might see it as completely different from the teachings of Moses.
I hope you can answer the following questions with biblical references;

1. Is there any difference between the old testament and the new testament?

2. Is there a reason why God gave the laws of Moses and gave Jesus a new law which Jesus himself acclaimed?

3. Why do you think there was a need for a new covenant, if Moses' laws were the saw as what Jesus came to teach?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Myer:

Today having read the teachings of Jesus Christ, you might be able to say Moses taught the same things as Jesus.
But before the understanding of the teachings of Jesus; you might see it as completely different from the teachings of Moses.
I hope you can answer the following questions with biblical references;

1. Is there any difference between the old testament and the new testament?

2. Is there a reason why God gave the laws of Moses and gave Jesus a new law which Jesus himself acclaimed?

3. Why do you think there was a need for a new covenant, if Moses' laws were the saw as what Jesus came to teach?

1. Firstly, if what you refer to as OT and NT is the scriptures, then we have nothing as such. All scriptures are God's breath, God's word. Word of Grace.

2. Jesus never had any new law. Like I said earlier, Jesus only preached and brought to fulfillment all Moses wrote. Infact Moses is the custodian of the scriptures, Jesus came to fulfill it not to give a new one.

Observe, Moses, preached both sin and death, also life (Deut 30). That's exactly what Jesus preached too and the apostles. Hence, Moses and Jesus never gave two different explanation.

3. New covenant isn't as related to Moses writing or commandments. Covenant was had with Israel, which they rejected, the new simply means a renewal, not a new as in absolute different. It was a renewal of that covenant Israel rejected. To be the custodian of God's message to the world. That is the world to receive the spirit through their obedience, but they rejected it.
This is what was renewed in Christ. Not a new covenant.

So, the writing of Moses wasn't what was renewed, the writing of Moses told them God's plan, God's covenant for Israel to the world, they rejected Moses and disbelieve the covenant. Then they perished. Notice, they rejected and perish. In NT language that is rejecting life and perish. JOHN 3:16

Hence, covenant of God from Adam till eternal is same, all you had all through is a renewal.

- Adam same, cover the earth Gen 1:26-28
- Noah a renewal, cover the earth
- Men later rejected and made name for themselves, Gen 11.
- Abraham (Gen 12), a renewal, cover the earth
- Moses to fulfill this through Israel but israel rejected it. (notice this was based on what God promised Abraham, in your seed..)

- Jesus a renewal, cover the earth
- Today fulfilled in us in Christ. The glory of God covering the earth.

It's the same story, covenant, plan and project of God. That's the story of the bible. One story not two.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 5:55am On Jan 24, 2022
hupernikao:

1. Firstly, if what you refer to as OT and NT is the scriptures, then we have nothing as such. All scriptures are God's breath, God's word. Word of Grace.

2. Jesus never had any new law. Like I said earlier, Jesus only preached and brought to fulfillment all Moses wrote. Infact Moses is the custodian of the scriptures, Jesus came to fulfill it not to give a new one.

Observe, Moses, preached both sin and death, also life (Deut 30). That's exactly what Jesus preached too and the apostles. Hence, Moses and Jesus never gave two different explanation.

3. New covenant isn't as related to Moses writing or commandments. Covenant was had with Israel, which they rejected, the new simply means a renewal, not a new as in absolute different. It was a renewal of that covenant Israel rejected. To be the custodian of God's message to the world. That is the world to receive the spirit through their obedience, but they rejected it.
This is what was renewed in Christ. Not a new covenant.

So, the writing of Moses wasn't what was renewed, the writing of Moses told them God's plan, God's covenant for Israel to the world, they rejected Moses and disbelieve the covenant. Then they perished. Notice, they rejected and perish. In NT language that is rejecting life and perish. JOHN 3:16

Hence, covenant of God from Adam till eternal is same, all you had all through is a renewal.

- Adam same, cover the earth Gen 1:26-28
- Noah a renewal, cover the earth
- Men later rejected and made name for themselves, Gen 11.
- Abraham (Gen 12), a renewal, cover the earth
- Moses to fulfill this through Israel but israel rejected it. (notice this was based on what God promised Abraham, in your seed..)

- Jesus a renewal, cover the earth
- Today fulfilled in us in Christ. The glory of God covering the earth.

It's the same story, covenant, plan and project of God. That's the story of the bible. One story not two.

I beg to differ. Though they both point in the same direction. There are certainly 2 different covenants- the old and the new.
And the old has been made obsolete in Christ.

Hebrews 8:
They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.” 
But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

8 For he finds fault with them when he says:
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds, and iwrite them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
 11  And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall jall know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 9:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
Myer:

I beg to differ. Though they both point in the same direction. There are certainly 2 different covenants- the old and the new.

Hebrews 8:
They serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things. For when Moses was about to erect the tent, he was instructed by God, saying, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.” 
But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises. 
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second.

when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. For they did not continue in my covenant, and so I showed no concern for them, declares the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds, and iwrite them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
 11  And they shall not teach, each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall jall know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

So what covenant was given to
Noah
Abraham?

Old or older or new?
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 9:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
Myer:

Hebrews 8:

Let me try to clear this for you.

The Hebrew 8 narrative were taken from Moses writings. Moses wrote both what you called old covenant and new covenant.

I said earlier that you have to ask yourself when ever you read a NT text, ask yourself where the writer was reading in OT for him to be able to write what he wrote because no NT writer wrote from a clean or empty slate. They wrote from reading the scriptures (OT).

So where was the writer of Hebrew writing from? Of course, Moses, because that very text was taken from Ezekiel and Jeremiah who were students of Moses.

Ezekiel 36:26-28
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people

They both read Moses. Their prophecies wasn't from an empty slate. It was taken directly from Moses spirit and inspiration.

Now let me give you where they copied it from in Moses writing. It was a copy of Moses text that they explained.

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live

That is what Moses preached to his audience. That is what you called new covenant but Moses preached same to them. It was preached as far back as Adam's time.

Observe Moses preached circumcision of the heart, and then circumcision of the flesh. He preached both.

Moses called the receiving of the spirit as circumcision of the heart.

Ezekiel called it new spirit.
Hebrew writer too.

It's the same.

Observe the word "that you may live" as uses by Moses. That's what NT writer explain as eternal life.

Moses preached it.

That is its through circumcision of the heart (in NT language: receiving of the spirit), that man will live (in NT language: man receives life eterna

That means, once again, no inspired doctrine you see in the NT that doesn't originate from Moses. Including what Jesus and Paul taught. Anyone who must stand to teach or prophesied by God, must take from Moses spirit. Remember the 70 elders?

So, I implore you to take your time to read Deut 30 and all of Moses as I said before and juxtapose with all the teaching in the NT.

May God grants us more understanding.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 8:10am On Jan 25, 2022
hupernikao:

Let me try to clear this for you.

The Hebrew 8 narrative were taken from Moses writings. Moses wrote both what you called old covenant and new covenant.

I said earlier that you have to ask yourself when ever you read a NT text, ask yourself where the writer was reading in OT for him to be able to write what he wrote because no NT writer wrote from a clean or empty slate. They wrote from reading the scriptures (OT).

So where was the writer of Hebrew writing from? Of course, Moses, because that very text was taken from Ezekiel and Jeremiah who were students of Moses.

Ezekiel 36:26-28
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God

Jeremiah 31:33
But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people

They both read Moses. Their prophecies wasn't from an empty slate. It was taken directly from Moses spirit and inspiration.

Now let me give you where they copied it from in Moses writing. It was a copy of Moses text that they explained.

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live

That is what Moses preached to his audience. That is what you called new covenant but Moses preached same to them. It was preached as far back as Adam's time.

Observe Moses preached circumcision of the heart, and then circumcision of the flesh. He preached both.

Moses called the receiving of the spirit as circumcision of the heart.

Ezekiel called it new spirit.
Hebrew writer too.

It's the same.

Observe the word "that you may live" as uses by Moses. That's what NT writer explain as eternal life.

Moses preached it.

That is its through circumcision of the heart (in NT language: receiving of the spirit), that man will live (in NT language: man receives life eterna

That means, once again, no inspired doctrine you see in the NT that doesn't originate from Moses. Including what Jesus and Paul taught. Anyone who must stand to teach or prophesied by God, must take from Moses spirit. Remember the 70 elders?

So, I implore you to take your time to read Deut 30 and all of Moses as I said before and juxtapose with all the teaching in the NT.

May God grants us more understanding.

I like to digest your thoughts before replying. I've been pretty busy this past few days. Once I am able, I will respond to this.

But what I can tell you from your first paragraph is that every covenant before Jesus Christ was the old covenant. The new covenant started with Jesus Christ.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
Myer:

I like to digest your thoughts before replying. I've been pretty busy this past few days. Once I am able, I will respond to this.

But what I can tell you from your first paragraph is that every covenant before Jesus Christ was the old covenant. The new covenant started with Jesus Christ.

No Sir, God's covenant in Christ was first spoken to Adam, preached and written by Moses, fulfilled in Christ.

Moses we can say, is the custodian of it, the pacesetter of it and preached same to Israel.

Hope to read from you in due time.

Have a good day
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Workch: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2022
hupernikao:

Now, following my earlier thought pattern, we can fully infer that oral tradition played an important role on the text of the Bible. I try focusing on Moses first because that's what set the pace for others.

There are internal evidence in the Bible that showed Moses was taught and raised to know the events, the stories about God and his environment. I have posited that in my earlier comment, he as a prophet of God was now able to use them all, reading and reasoning them together to explain God's thoughts by the Spirit inspiration.

You will see something similar in Luke 24

Luke 24:44-46
44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day
:

Notice he taught them from all the scriptures, yet they can't reason it together to understand the meaning. They read, heard and interpret the stories in silos.

In vs 45, their understanding were opened to now understand.

The word that they might understand is the Greek word suniemi. It is used for reasoning things together to know the essence.

It's like how you can reason together all courses (100L - 400L) you took in university and understand the reasons and how they are connected together. You can now see the bigger picture.

That's what Jesus did to them.

So what Moses did is to give a suniemi of those events.

Now to the privacy.
I will take Genesis as a case study.

You will observed that detailed writing of private communication progressed as the books (Genesis) progressed.

Aside the Adam and Abel stories, you hardly find details of others until Genesis 6,Noah. Even at that details were exempted. Just clues as what any story teller can narrate.

For example, what you will see mostly are instructions given and how they acted on it. No details about personal life's.

God's instruction to Adam, to Eve, to Cain, Enoch were only captured and no other details. Aside the facts that those details aren't necessary, it is obvious the author only have limited information about their daily living. But the live style of each of them were summarized to capture the main essence through God's inspiration to the author.

A key example
Observe Abraham calling and compare to Moses calling.

When Abraham was called, we have no detail, we only have God's instruction to him and he followed. Few details developed later, but as such is also within instructions of events to happen.

Compare this to Moses at the burning bush. Details were not only given, the writer artistry and event coloration were portrayed in that single events. Key details were observed. Exodus 3 gives you a detailed narratives. Even upto Moses unspoken thoughts. Why? Because it was a first hand experience.

We can go on and on looking at other stories and events.

Another key details you will observe also is the fact that, counting or keeping days or dates was quite silent in early Genesis events. But from Moses, days and weeks and activities in them started having details. Hence that's beyond stories but their true experience.

Lastly, on documentation about Moses death.

You must know from history that, firstly, a follower in the ancient world is allowed to complete his master's work and still name it after his master. This is a documented fact even some still hold this practice today.

Hence, it is obvious that the later part of Moses writings were documented by his disciples, likely Joshua who had much details and access to Moses privacy, notes, jotting and secrets. Hence it should not be strange to see him able to document some private information about him.

Everything you wrote makes sense unless from the fact that there's no evidence that God spoke to anybody to write any passage in the Bible.

The bone of contention is: there are obvious flaws in the Bible, the Bible is not accurate on many occasions and that questions some of the narratives and the claim Christians make that it was inspired by God.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by hupernikao: 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
Workch:
Everything you wrote makes sense unless from the fact that there's no evidence that God spoke to anybody to write any passage in the Bible.

The bone of contention is: there are obvious flaws in the Bible, the Bible is not accurate on many occasions and that questions some of the narratives and the claim Christians make that it was inspired by God.

What you called bone of contention might just be an interpretation issue. Likewise what you called flaws. Maybe you can present some here to examine. The scriptures allows its investigation and scrutiny to seek and find its truth.
Re: Can You Explain How Writing The Bible Came About? by Myer(m): 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
hupernikao:

No Sir, God's covenant in Christ was first spoken to Adam, preached and written by Moses, fulfilled in Christ.

Moses we can say, is the custodian of it, the pacesetter of it and preached same to Israel.

Hope to read from you in due time.

Have a good day

Please you have to question your theology if it continues to say one thing, while the bible says
another thing.

Theology is when you try to see God's salvation plan in every event of the scriptures. Good. It started since God promised that Adam's son would crush the head of the serpeant and it would bruise his heel.

But what the bible says concerning God's covenants however is clear;
There was an old covenant and there is now a new covenant. Jeremiah 31 prophesied this and Hebrews 8 confirms and expounds on it.
In Jeremiah there was a promise of a new covenant in the future.
In Christ that prophesy was fulfilled and the new covenant was established as expounded in Hebrews.

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make pa new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when qI took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, rthough I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33 sFor this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: sI will put my law within them, and I will write it ton their hearts. uAnd I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ vfor they shall all know me, wfrom the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For xI will forgive their iniquity, and yI will remember their sin no more.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies' Hair In Church / My Article "Why I Left Islam" Was Deleted Because It Is Unsafe To Say The Truth / What Happened To The Dinosaurs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 286
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.