Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil (20869 Views)

MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo) / Do Labor Laws Protect Nigerian Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by edoyad(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2011
http://odili.net/news/source/2011/jun/20/307.htm l
By Emma Amaize WARRI-NIGERIAN workers of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Ekpan, near Warri, Delta State, have protested alleged persecution and prejudice against them by a German official of the company, who directed that low-grade black workers should not have a canteen on the company's premises. A Warri-based rights group, the Human Rights Defenders Organization of Nigeria, HURDON, had on June 14 , petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, over an attempted murder, intimidation and racial discrimination against Nigerians working in the firm, by the German official. The workers alleged that the expatriate ordered the demolition of the junior workers' canteen because of his hatred for blacks and gave them un unkempt Caravan after their protest, which they rejected, insisting that they should be treated as human beings. The German official declined to speak to Vanguard when contacted for comments, but HURDON, in the petition, jointly signed by its national chairman and national secretary, Sir Casely Omon- Irabor and Felix Odogu, said the expatriate "created a special canteen for the whites only and other amenities for white only" and also "gave strict instruction that no black should be seen around these areas". According to the group, a 45- year-old Nigerian security guard, employed by an independent contractor, Mr. Ohare Anthony, who was oblivious of the segregation rule, walked close to the canteen meant for whites alone while on patrol, and unfortunately for the black man, the German national saw him and allegedly unleashed his Alsatian dog on him. He said that when the dog wrestled Mr. Anthony to the ground and sank its teeth into his flesh, the official, who had earlier brought out his pistol to further intimidate him, packeted it and left with the dog after inflicting injury on the worker. "Mr. Anthony was treated and discharged from the hospital and he has been under the threat of losing his job since the incident until finally when he was brought to our office to lodge this complaint. We call on you to use your good offices to investigate this man and let the appropriate action be taken against him if the allegation is proved", the group told the IGP.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by DisGuy: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
WARRI—NIGERIAN workers of Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, Ekpan, near Warri, Delta State, have protested alleged persecution and prejudice against them by a German official of the company, who directed that low-grade black workers should not have a canteen on the company’s premises.

A Warri-based rights group, the Human Rights Defenders Organization of Nigeria, HURDON, had on June 14, petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, IGP, over an attempted murder, intimidation and racial discrimination against Nigerians working in the firm, by the German official.

The workers alleged that the expatriate ordered the demolition of the junior workers’ canteen because of his hatred for blacks and gave them un unkempt Caravan after their protest, which they rejected, insisting that they should be treated as human beings.

The German official declined to speak to Vanguard when contacted for comments, but HURDON, in the petition, jointly signed by its national chairman and national secretary, Sir Casely Omon-Irabor and Felix Odogu, said the expatriate “created a special canteen for the whites only and other amenities for white only” and also “gave strict instruction that no black should be seen around these areas”.

According to the group, a 45-year-old Nigerian security guard, employed by an independent contractor, Mr. Ohare Anthony, who was oblivious of the segregation rule, walked close to the canteen meant for whites alone while on patrol, and unfortunately for the black man, the German national saw him and allegedly unleashed his Alsatian dog on him.

He said that when the dog wrestled Mr. Anthony to the ground and sank its teeth into his flesh, the official, who had earlier brought out his pistol to further intimidate him, packeted it and left with the dog after inflicting injury on the worker.

“Mr. Anthony was treated and discharged from the hospital and he has been under the threat of losing his job since the incident until finally when he was brought to our office to lodge this complaint. We call on you to use your good offices to investigate this man and let the appropriate action be taken against him if the allegation is proved”, the group told the IGP.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by DisGuy: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
you beat me to it!

Apartheid right here in Nigeria!! The name of the official is not even mentioned, so he can easily be transfered to some other state under the guise he has been sacked!
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by EzeUche1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
Can you believe this? On our own soil. . .
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by edoyad(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
you should hear what they do to the female employees, pitiful.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ektbear: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
hrm
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by blacksta(m): 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
Why is anybody surprised - It is expected from a country ruled by Monkeys - such wont happen without punishment in sane environments
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by chillbabe(f): 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2011
Is it not ure leaders that are giving them a free hand in all this. So the Nagirians that works there can't give him the beating of his life and close down berger until they start treating them with respect Nah wah for Nigerians oohh.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Igwe12: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hate or Love Igbo's, this will never happen in IGBOLAND. We will burn down that company. Racism in my own LAND? The governement should make one of these companies a scap goat and an example by sanctioning or suspending that company with heavy fines and firing that worker and any associates so others will learn. What a NONSENSE.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by alexola20(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2011
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by jerk: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
Igwe-1:

Hate or Love Igbo's, this will never happen in IGBOLAND. We will burn down that company. Racism in my own LAND? The governement should make one of these companies a scap goat and an example by sanctioning or suspending that company with heavy fines and firing that worker and any associates so others will learn. What a NONSENSE.
i concur wt u, such wl never happen in igboland.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by kulutempa: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2011
What do you expect when waiters in some Nigerian restaurants and hotels will serve 'Oyinbo' first before they serve their fellow Nigerians.    We treat them like kings in our country and not surprisingly they behave like kings do towards their subjects.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Builder: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
i really dont know why folks are surprised about this unfortunate incident. nigerians whatever tribe have to understand that in the next 10 years or less most of our land and resources will be owned by westerners. a german using a dog to attack an african in his land is not new, if only folks know what happens or what the american security personnel are doing to indigenous nigerians in nigeria and our policemen and government cant and wont do anything about it. its shameful and disgusting, suffering abroad and suffering in our own country in the hands of this white people and we say we have democrazy and a functioning government and police force
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by EzeUche1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2011
This would not happen in Igboland. Am happy that Igbos do not believe that a man can be superior to another man.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by sirjec(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is so unfortunate. This is because our so called leaders are stooge to these men, they looted our money and invested in these companies secretly, hence will protect the company and workers to avoid exposing them
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by damola1: 11:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
The thing about Nigerians is that, this can happen for sometime , but not all the time,  that's one thing I know about Nigeria,  JB IS PLAYING with their company,  when the ' we re ' ' crazy ' children of the area find out,  that german regret he ever stepped foot on Nigerian soil,  Nigeria is a very free country,  very very free, but don't take Nigerians for granted. He won't be the first nor the last White to come as an expatriate.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
These blond haired blue eyed hooked nosed krauts are a hateful bunch of ppl and hence this could explain why they were responsible for the death of six million jews which still haunts them up till today.Anyway i am not surprised to hear that they abuse abuse their nigerian staff in Julius Berger on Nigerian soil.Its their second nature to be racist and i blame the nigerian Govt for it.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Tinyemeka(m): 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
Stupid publication couldn't even investigate further to get the expat's name. But they could publish the victim's full names and job history. Well, life is mostly about fitting in wherein your capabilities find its equilibrum. I pity the security guard and other contract staff of that company but they shouldn't let that matter die out like that because such an offence should warrant that wigger's deportation.

And then someone else'll come to tell me that dogs are man's best friend. Which man?

Bunch of psychos.  angry
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is tough men. . .a country with no rights?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by stunna2(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
kulutempa:

What do you expect when waiters in some Nigerian restaurants and hotels will serve 'Oyinbo' first before they serve their fellow Nigerians.    We treat them like kings in our country and not surprisingly they behave like kings do towards their subjects.

hmmm, im not sure weather to be surprised or not! so, niaja people r still serving white people 1st in restaurants??
as a young man i remeber they never used to line up, they just walk to the front of the lines n be served b4 everyone!! sad sad sad

i see the way naija police treat fellow naija people and how the rich wallow in shameless luxury with stole wealth to the detriment of our people, so in the light of this brutality from everywhere in society, its obvious that its more of a systemic problem!

where i live, if a white man or woman looks @ me the wrong wey, he or she could wind up in court or worse things could happen,

my problem with naija is that the people hav stubbornly refuse to give birth to a new way of seeing, doing and being, a way that will give rise to a great tomorrow, instead while the rest of the world is marching towards one direction, nigeria is heading on the opposite direction where we equate consumtion with greatness! people acquire education in other places to be able to create great things but we only tend to do so to improve our capacity to consume!

do u know the contempt that the German guy feels for u nigerians when on his way to work he sees Mercedes benz made by his people, driven untill it is no longer legal to drive n then discarded, but here in naija, the people who drive those same discarded benz r worshipped by the people
when he drives on ur roads he feels disgust but then he lives in ur land and hates himself for that so he comes up with ways to physically separate himself from yall so he does not feel so bad about himself for living in the midst of such backwards people!

thats the problem, seen. he try to tell himself , hey u r only here for the very good pay, but he also knows that he is a loser by association hence his dilemma! in germany, if a black man does that, one skin-head will shot him at point black n take the fall just to send a msg that germany is for germans, period.

meh
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2011
when you people pretty much worship oyibos. why not?

Shouldnt Jnathan be looking into this instead of yarning dust on facebook
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by alienYOUTH(m): 11:58pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is a realy sad predicament we find ourselves in as a nation. i dare say that all the expatriate controlled firms are guilty of this - racism on our own soil. without getting into too much story (cos i hate reading long posts too); i worked for one of them ex-pat firms run by lebanese (SETRACO); i had to resign after 3 mths cos i culdnt bear d disdain wit which they regard u; no matter how technically sound u are.  angry

i supervised another firm too (SCC) on a road project; can u believe they refused us the use of the site toilet facilities; they said we culd stick our d.i.c.k.s in d atmosphere for all they care, trust me, i promptly resigned?!?

I wont blame them, its our leaders who have sold us to slavery once again; they collect huge sums from them before awarding contracts, so the ex-pats are obliged to sweat us (the underlings) for all we can muster. u wont believe the salaries and working hours our pple have to endure.  cry

We too are to blame, mumu pple; we r afraid to confront these bastiches head-on cos most are afraid to lose their jobs; we idiots will reason that "half bread is bttr than none"; besides, ten pple are in line to fill your space. What more can i say; we Nigerians r highly tolerant. sad
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2011
^Take solace that you had the guts to resign from these places.

what you people need to do is kidnap and torture them.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by olapluto(m): 12:15am On Jun 21, 2011
Nigeria has no government. I am waiting for an Oyinbo to slap a governor or senator. They have eaten dodo, they cant say the truth. Its really saddening. They come from Germany with some half baked graduates or diploma holders and terrorize our people. I think the next revolution after the Egyptian one will be anti-colonialists. This is too much to bear. Any white person in Nigeria can walk into a government office while it will take months of appointment to get a Nigerian to meet the secretary. Even Lebanese and Indians. Filipinos too! Aye awon ijoba wa ti ta pau!
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by saraj(f): 12:17am On Jun 21, 2011
Well you shouldn't be surprised, this is Germans we're talking about here.
If they don't have respect for their fellow Europeans (i.e expecting tax payers
in the smaller and struggling economies in Europe to bail out their banks,while
they remain the stongest economy in Europe) ,then what hope is there for Africans?
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by EzeUche1(m): 12:19am On Jun 21, 2011
They would not do this to an Ijaw man either. We all know how those militants are with the oyibos.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by cap28: 12:21am On Jun 21, 2011
i cant even read all the comments on here as im sooooo pissed off by this, for christs sake why are nigerians tolerating this kind of bullsh.it on their own land, can someone please explain why we are allowing this kind of crap to happen in our own land??
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Nobody: 12:30am On Jun 21, 2011
Now you are going to see those nairaland users who worship whitey coming out in their dozen in this thread trying to defend the germans grin.White is always right to these section of nigerians.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by sledge406: 12:36am On Jun 21, 2011
Yes, blame the lawmakers/men in power long before now who gave these firms the space for all these rubbish to come into play.

My late uncle (was an executive of the company) worked with a construction firm here in Naija and those bloody Lebanese always saw Nigerians as not good and felt wary of their every move (Lebanese who are worse off than Nigerians) and all these complains herein are not far fetched. I remember strolling on site with him and there was a brawl between the site instructor and one of the "labourers". Yea, the Naija guy gave the Lebanist cheesy word for word and my Uncle was full of smiles that day to see a labourer stand for his right and place him where he belongs (by the way, he was way above the so called Lebanese).

Most people do not know their self worth which is part reason why shyte is thrown in their faces and they go ahead to lick the shyte. tongue Someone mentioned earlier that he noticed the ill-treatment and resigned. Capish! If you know what you stand for and you're good at what you do, you'd always be sought after.

Libya respects most of her citizens which is why they do not owe the mothersucking IMF and they are still hard to bring down with all international forces. I'm not saying Ghaddhafi is a saint cos he has his down sides but I remember someone making a comment to him that when a company got some massive builing and road projects, he instructed that when they are coming, they bring along their "own workers" as he would not entertain his people used as slave for a lean wage. I bet you, it worked. So, we can outrightly blame the people in government as they do not know what is looming around the corner for them.

God help us all!
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Totfulguy: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2011
So where are the militants and oil bunkerers? Why cant they use they weapons of their theft and criminality to fight racism, discrimination and dehumanization? They will rather kidnap fellow Nigerians than mess those white monkeys up. I cant even read on. Its utter crap! Moderator if you find my choice of words to strong, its because I find the action of the racists and garlic/onions smelling white fools too wrong.
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:44am On Jun 21, 2011
I like our leaders(foo.ls),they can do everything for money,Womanliness and the likes. Let me not regret yet of been a Nigeria
Re: How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil by ak47mann(m): 12:46am On Jun 21, 2011
i remember one Lebanese man at that time he was very rich he own a company call[b] Brifina[/b] his office was in head bridge onitsha,i think he did some business deal with some igbo business men and i think something went wrong and the igbo guys invested a lot of money on that deal.They dont want to hear stories at all those guys.Few months later the Lebanese man was even thinking they believed his stories he forgot that you cant fu-ck with these guys their own they will send militants from rivers state they are on their pay roll 24/7 those miltants will come and leave a big hole in your head one time end of story they will run straight back to aba from their  to creeks. You are a dead man.END OFF ( that's what happen to him his wife and children have to leave Nigeria now they settled in america sad)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Youths Think That Computer + Internet Connection = Yahoo Yahoo? / ChatGPT: Lawyer Gets In Trouble For Using Cases From AI To Present A Case / After Your Msc Abroad: Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.