Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. (1088 Views)

When A Girl Does Her Engagement, Her Marriage & Divorce On Twitter / Is Prior Behavior Is A Good Predictor Of Future Behavior? / On Nigerian Women And (lack Of) Future Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by bldtaiwo(f): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2011
Hello ppl. I need ur intelligent and sincere advice on dis issue. A frnd of mine is in a relationshp since 3yrs ago. although both of them are stil in skool but, they both luv each other so much and also planned to get marry after their skool . D guy is caring, handsome, he is frndly to We her frnds and her family. The problem is dat, wen they were about to start d relationship d guy lied about his age, it was later last few months my frnd discoverd dat she is 1yr and 8months older than d guy. She tried to breakup, but it wasn't possible because they both luv each other. My frnd is worried because she is too young to be a sugarmummy, Wat if later in future he start usin dat as an excuse against her, and also scared of his family because if they get to know in d future won't it lead to broken marriage? Pls ur advice is highly welcum. Thanks.
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by HighChief4(m): 12:34am On Jun 21, 2011
She does not have enough reasons to leave the guy now at least not on that basis, the guy should be the one complaining and not your friend. There are so many women out there married to younger men
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2011
High_Chief:

She does not have enough reasons to leave the guy now at least not on that basis, the guy should be the one complaining and not your friend. There are so many women out there married to younger men
why should the guy be the one complaining?    undecided

If he can lie about something as trivial as that for a whole 3 YEARS(!), goodness knows. . .

I can understand that you're now too deeply involved to just break up like that, being 1 year older than him does not make you a 'sugar mummy' at all I don't think, I don't understand why you're being made the victim here when he's the one that lied thus causing this petty matter

edit//
Sorry my response is aimed at your friend, not you
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by petphunt(m): 1:03am On Jun 21, 2011
Hello ppl. I need your intelligent and sincere advice on dis issue. A frnd of mine is in a relationshp since 3yrs ago. although both of them are stil in skool but, they both luv each other so much and also planned to get marry after their skool . D guy is caring, handsome, he is frndly to We her frnds and her family. The problem is dat, wen they were about to start d relationship d guy lied about his age, it was later last few months my frnd discoverd dat she is 1yr and 8months older than d guy. She tried to breakup, but it wasn't possible because they both luv each other. My frnd is worried because she is too young to be a sugarmummy, Wat if later in future he start usin dat as an excuse against her, and also scared of his family because if they get to know in d future won't it lead to broken marriage? Pls your advice is highly welcum. Thanks.

If your friend wants to leave the guy because of the lie then she is justified because if the bf could lie about his age then there may be more he is keeping under the lid. On the other hand if she is leaving because of the 20 months age difference then she must be kidding. Does your friend know the meaning of sugar mammy?
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by omega25red(m): 1:05am On Jun 21, 2011
how much different will she look with just on year apart? seriously she is worry about a non issue. if divorce is what she is worried about then maybe she shouldn't get married.
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by HighChief4(m): 1:07am On Jun 21, 2011
ibkaye:

why should the guy be the one complaining? undecided

Because men are always the ones uncomfortable with being with older women, as most think they would not be respected in such union.
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by iice(f): 4:30am On Jun 21, 2011
You forgot the hours and seconds she's older.
People sef.
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by MMM2(m): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2011
op
u mean d girl is a sugar mum? angry
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by Agnesqueen(f): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2011
bld taiwo:

Hello ppl. I need your intelligent and sincere advice on dis issue. A frnd of mine is in a relationshp since 3yrs ago. although both of them are stil in skool but, they both luv each other so much and also planned to get marry after their skool . D guy is caring, handsome, he is frndly to We her frnds and her family. The problem is dat, wen they were about to start d relationship d guy lied about his age, it was later last few months my frnd discoverd dat she is 1yr and 8months older than d guy. She tried to breakup, but it wasn't possible because they both luv each other. My frnd is worried because she is too young to be a sugarmummy, Wat if later in future he start usin dat as an excuse against her, and also scared of his family because if they get to know in d future won't it lead to broken marriage? Pls your advice is highly welcum. Thanks.
grin grin grin grin
Wow so a sugar mommy is a person 11/2 years at most older than you?. I guess i was once one since i dated someone 2 whole years my junior, its silly but it just shows that this excuse is just plain silly. If she loves him like many posters have already said, it will take more than age difference for her to leave him and he to leave her. I think your friend is too worried, trust me when she turns 90, he will be 88/89, no one will care that they are 1 year apart because they will just be considered old folks smiley
Re: Scared Of Future Marriage Divorce. by spacegold7(m): 9:35am On Sep 13, 2012
bld taiwo: Hello ppl. I need ur intelligent and sincere advice on dis issue. A frnd of mine is in a relationshp since 3yrs ago. although both of them are stil in skool but, they both luv each other so much and also planned to get marry after their skool . D guy is caring, handsome, he is frndly to We her frnds and her family. The problem is dat, wen they were about to start d relationship d guy lied about his age, it was later last few months my frnd discoverd dat she is 1yr and 8months older than d guy. She tried to breakup, but it wasn't possible because they both luv each other. My frnd is worried because she is too young to be a sugarmummy, Wat if later in future he start usin dat as an excuse against her, and also scared of his family because if they get to know in d future won't it lead to broken marriage? Pls ur advice is highly welcum. Thanks.

There is nothing wrong in a woman being older than her husband if she truly loves him. Absolutely Nothing! Forget the "sugar mommy" syndrome. It is an imagination of the heart. It does not exist in reality. As I write, I personally know 2 different couples in this same situation. We are family friends with these 2 couples. In the case of the first, the wife is about 2yrs+ older than the husband. They have both been married for the past 30yrs+ and have just been blessed with a grand-child thru' their first son. They have lived together very happily, with NO iota of complex whatsoever from either the wife or the husband; and even, the few of us who knew this fact 'ab-initio' when they were about to get married many years ago, can hardly remember it again. In the case of the 2nd couple, the wife is just about 1yr+ older than the husband. They both met in school many years ago, and got married thereafter. They both had 5 children from that marriage before the husband suddenly died in a motor accident about 5 years ago. My family is still friends with the widow and the children, who are now fully grown up and are successful in life.
So, my dear,that word AGE is just a number. It has nothing to do with genuine relationship that can lead to long-life marriage!
On a final note, let me just add this: the only things we create EXCUSE for in life are the things we do not want to do.
So, if your friend is in true love, let her go ahead. But if not, she can only continue to use this "age-difference thing" as an EXCUSE.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Have U Noticed: / I Don't Want To Fall In Love With The Wrong Person / What Do You Think It Is? If You've Ever Feel It, Define It Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.