Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex (1800 Views)

Kenyan Side Chick Beats Sugar Daddy’s Wife For Preventing Her From Seeing Him / A Spiritual Condition Preventing Her From Having Sex With Me / How Reliable Is Condom In Preventing Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Premiumwriter: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
I want to start this thread categorically, that abstinence is the best way to prevent pregnancies.

If you don't want to get pregnant or don't want to get a girl pregnant simply because you can't bare the cost or the stigma that comes with it, then it's best that you zip up.

But we all know how hard that can be. So, if you can't keep up the abstinence way, then it's best that you do the other way properly.

I said properly because I've seen a lot of guys and ladies doing and taking things that has no way of preventing pregnancy.

This often includes:

*Taking an unhealthy amount of table salt

*Using salt to wash the girl's private part

*Taking andrew liver salt

And so many other things.

Taking salt and the many other things to prevent pregnancy is not only ineffective but could be potentially harmful to your body.

So how do you prevent pregnancy the healthy way for a guy or a girl who cannot zip up and stay abstinent?

The first method I'll recommend is understanding your partner's menstrual cycle and how it can impact your sex life

3 Likes

Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Premiumwriter: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
The Menstrual Cycle

The menstrual cycle for simplicity sake is the period when the body prepares itself for fertilization.

A woman has two ovaries. These ovaries are what produce eggs. The egg or ovum is one half (the sperm is the other half) of what the woman need to make a complete baby.

Now her body produces only one egg each month.

If not fertilized, her body will flush the egg out in form of a blood flow at the end of each of her menstrual cycle.

When the ovary produces the one egg for the month, the egg gradually move from the ovary where it was produced, down to the fallopian tube until it reaches the womb.

If it arrives in the womb without any contact with a sperm, then it gets prepared to be flushed out at the end of the menstrual cycle.

Now the menstrual cycle is different from ovulation.

The period the woman's body produces the egg is called the ovulation period. While the first day after the time a woman sees her period till the time she sees her next period is the menstrual cycle.

It's nearly impossible for a girl to get pregnant during her menstruation (when her blood is flowing). This is true for the 5 days leading to her menstruation and the next 5-7 days after her menstruation.

The ovulation period on the other hand is her most fertile period. Differentiating between her ovulation period and her menstrual period is very important as it tells you exactly when she can and cannot get pregnant if you have sex with her.

Now getting the ovulation period is a little tricky for most guys and some ladies. This is quite understandable as most ladies are easily aware of the menstrual period with its visible sign but very little is said about the ovulation period and it's subtle signs.

But it is easy to track the ovulation period and it is important that you track it as it can help you get pregnant or prevent it as your desire may be.

To calculate the ovulation period, simply divide the menstrual cycle into 2.

For instance if her menstrual cycle is every 28 days (i.e if she sees her period after every 28 days), then divide the 28 days by 2 which will be equal to 14 days.

Now her ovulation period with most likely be on the 14th of day of the cycle. It could be on the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th or 16th as well. Our body is quite unpredictable.

But now at least, you have gotten an idea of her fertile windows and knows when it's dangerous to have raw sex with her.

Now this ovulation period is the window period where her body releases one fertile egg into her fallopian tube.

This egg will remain there for 24 hours and then flushed into her womb.

Within that 24 hour period she's very fertile and any mistake, you get her pregnant.

Some girls get symptoms if they are ovulating (my girl gets little pimples and smells nicer).

So, ask your girl when she menstruate last, then count 14 or 15 days into the next month and you'll get her ovulation period.

Take for instance, if she saw her monthly flow on the 31st of January, then her next ovulation period will be around 13th-16th of February.

Now if the ovulation period is on the 14th of February ( for example) then don't have raw sex with her on 8,9,10,11,12,13, 14,15,16,17,18.

Those are her fertile windows. Since sperm can spend up to 5 days in her body and still remain active, it's best to not have raw sex 5 days before and after ovulation (the egg is active only for 24 hours)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Premiumwriter: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Now that we've gotten the ovulation period out of the way, the next thing is what to do after raw sex.

Most times, a lot of young people talk about flushing out the sperm from the vagina using running water, salt water or taking salts and other concoctions.

If talkin salts cannot lead to the loss of pregnancy in a pregnant woman then it follows that salt cannot help you prevent pregnancy.

The logical step to take after a night of raw sex with a partner who is in her fertile window (or not) will be to get her a post sex pill.

The most popular after sex pill in Nigeria is the postinor 2 tablet.

The postinor 2 tablet is a hormonal tablet that helps in preventing pregnancy.

It does this in two ways:

*It prevents ovulation (the release of egg).
When you have sex with a woman before her ovulation period, your sperm can remain active in her body for 5 days. This will likely coincide with the time her body will release the next egg.

So taking postinor 2 will prevent her body from releasing an egg within those 5 days period. The hormone in postinor 2 tricks the body to delay the release of egg.

This delay in release of egg is the same reason why a girl's menstrual flow often get delayed after taking postinor 2, since it follows that menstrual flow will only occur once there's an egg in the womb.

*It prevents implanting of egg in the womb.

If ovulation has already occurred before a girl takes postinor 2, then there's every chance that fertilization will occur.

When an egg is fertilized in the fallopian tube, it journeys to the womb where it'll be planted for nourishment.

If an egg is not planted in the womb within 24 hours, it'll die. So postinor 2 can help prevent implantation thereby preventing pregnancy.

While postinor 2 is quite effective in preventing pregnancy, it's effectiveness decreases with time.

As such, it's important that you take postinor 2 as soon as possible. If taken within 24 hours, it can prevent pregnancy 99% of the time.

If taken with 48 hours (2days) after sex, the effectiveness decreases to about 78%..

It is effective for only 3 days after sex. More than 3 days and you are on your own.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Boogyman557: 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Holly Gram cool AMABOBI Which kind matterz b dis naa..

ASHAWOO na d BEST tin...

I JUST de COME back from ASHAWOO house now..

D BANI wey I NACK never even REACH 20yrs..

D BANI set WELLA... D BANI SWEET WELL WELL..

and na 1k I use NACK..

WTF MAN
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Omicron007: 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
shocked

Fernandezisback, come and help me confirm these assertions shocked
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

Fernandezisback, come and help me confirm these assertions shocked
He wrote a great article there...but note that postinor 2 tablet is not meant to be your primary birth control..

As a matter of fact he said it perfectly well..

1 Like

Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by LogicBomb8: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He wrote a great article there...but note that postinor 2 tablet is not meant to be your primary birth control..

As a matter of fact he said it perfectly well..
Ngwanu which 1 is the primary we are all learning
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Ngwanu which 1 is the primary we are all learning
Sorry did you not understand my point?
Or what part do you not understand so I could explain better..
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by LogicBomb8: 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Sorry did you not understand my point?
Or what part do you not understand so I could explain better..
Lol its funny how a sentence sound like a question and an insult at the same time... I only asked about your recomended primary birth control for the benefit of all thats all..
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
LogicBomb8:

Lol its funny how a sentence sound like a question and an insult at the same time... I only asked about your recomended primary birth control for the benefit of all thats all..
It's not an insult tho my apologies if you took that as one..

Have you by any chance heard of IUD?if you haven't it's an intrauterine device like a T-shaped device that is inserted into the uterus to prevent pregnancy...you get?

it releases a progestin hormone into the uterus..The released hormone then causes thickening of the cervical mucus and inhibits sperm from reaching or fertilizing the egg and might prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs...

There are several other ways tho.. thank you.
Re: Preventing Pregnancy: Tips On What To Do After A Night Of Sex by Tiney: 7:28pm On Jan 23, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool AMABOBI Which kind matterz b dis naa..

ASHAWOO na d BEST tin...

I JUST de COME back from ASHAWOO house now..

D BANI wey I NACK never even REACH 20yrs..

D BANI set WELLA... D BANI SWEET WELL WELL..

and na 1k I use NACK..

WTF MAN
lol. This guys cruise no be here

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can Buhari Carry This (pic) / What’s The Downsides Of Marrying A Man That Cheated On You / Standing Fan For A Nairalander.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.