Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ (3408 Views)

Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters / See Dead Bodies From Abuja Bombing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by splashbaby(m): 2:25am On Jun 21, 2011
Investigators, probing last Thursday’s bomb blast at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, may have beamed their searchlight on senior police officers whom they suspect might have connived with Boko Haram sect to carry out the act.

The manner and ease with which the bomber gained entrance into the police premises, was said to have excited the suspicion of investigators and strengthened the belief that it was an “insiders job.”

Also, 59 sect members were arrested at an unidentified locations in Bauchi and Maiduguri and brought to Abuja on Sunday.

The suspects, who were a mix of Somalis, Sudanese and Nigeriens, were being detained at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Garki, Abuja.

One of the suspects was said to be cooperating with detectives and he had been taken back to Maiduguri to help investigators track down the leader of the radical sect.

A source informed our correspondent on Monday that investigators were convinced that the bombing could not have been carried out at the police headquarters without the support of very senior police officers who probably had an axe to grind with the leadership.

The source said, “Investigations have fully commenced and there is a strong suspicion that the perpetrators could not have succeeded without some form of support and sympathy from senior police officers. In the next few weeks, I believe that definite proof of their (senior officer’s) involvement would be discovered by investigators.”

The spokesman of the Islamic extremists, Usman Al-Zawhiri, had reportedly claimed that his group had members and sympathisers within all the nation’s security agencies, a theory that investigators might have found plausible.

Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, will hold a crucial meeting on Tuesday (today) with police commissioners from the 36 states of the federation and the FCT to discuss the threat posed by Boko Haram.

The meeting, which would also be attended by other senior officers, would discuss strategies on how to curb the increasingly audacious attacks of the group, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Yemi Ajayi said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106213512025
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by egift(m): 9:01am On Jun 21, 2011
This is how they will keep smooth-talking and "rumour" us until we forget. Nothing will be done, once they trace it to one of them. Only innocent Nigerians will keep suffering.

What is the outcome of all the Jos killings, Bayelsa Bombings, Kidnappings, missing ship, missing Billions, Killing in all the Northern States, Abuja bombings, Bola Ige, Yarima case, Bankole's, etc.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Azikiwe86: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2011
This is a very serious issue!! How can we live in fear in our own nation? I hope these are just spurious allegations because a Nigerian shod be his brothers keeper, not his brothers grim reaper!!!!

LETS JUST SEE HOW THE INVESTIGATION PANS OUT!!

A MUST READ---------->>>Think Africa Press: Nigeria Weekly News SUMMARIZED analysis all in one place, Written by Lagun Akinloye

(http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria-0)
(http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria-0)
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by feelamong(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
STORY STORY, STORYYYYYYYYY!!! grin

MAKE I HEAR SOMETIN JOO!

SECOND BASE JARE!!
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Jeel: 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
lol
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by akinnux(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
I hope they will release the full jist at the end of their investigation.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by bamosagie(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
One of the suspects was said to be cooperating with detectives and he had been taken back to Maiduguri to help investigators track down the leader of the radical sect.

and the leader of the radical set will sit calmly and wait to be tracked down after reading this on national newspaper.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by CHouse: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
bamosagie:

and the leader of the radical set will sit calmly and wait to be tracked down after reading this on national newspaper.

Man i tire for these useless pricks o, dont they have something like covert operation in their own agency? SMH.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by daroz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2011
splashbaby:

Investigators, probing last Thursday’s bomb blast at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, may have .,.,, ,.,.,.,.,.

I bow o, i think say na only me observe am
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by docjuli(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
bamosagie:

Mallam Adamu (one of the suspect) bought a new bullet proof jeep for N75M after the Abuja bombing. While visiting Maiduguri to help track down the leader, he was attacked by Boko Haram who rained bullets on his jeep, to no effect! So he started abusing them from inside the glass, as the detective was about zooming off, one of them gestured that he could not hear Adamu, he then wound down his window and shouted: "shege danbura'uba, barawo banza, dan iska ne Kowei, waka,"

He has since been buried according to Islamic rites.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by bigdoo: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
I feel that MEND, Boko Haram, Massob etc are just the beginning of what we are yet to see in Nigeria unless equity and justice are given to every citizen of the country as a right and not as a privilege. There is no justification for senators and other political office holders to earn millions of naira per month and several millions as allowances, while looting billions of naira by way of over-inflated contracts, useless and wasteful official travels and travel allowances. While some Nigerians take home just N18,000.00 per month to feed their families, pay rent and school fees for their children. There is no justification for our rulers (past and present) to live in the most expensive houses in the world with air strips, golf courses, flying private jets in addition to having their own commercial aircrafts and owning almost all the big companies in the country. The degree of disequilibrium, disparity and social gap is astronomical.

Disgruntled Nigerians can no longer wait and see their future destroyed by our greedy and insensitive politicians, so I believe that the worst is yet to come and there is little or nothing the government can do about it unless there is a complete reversal of the trends and developments in bribery, corruption and abuse of government offices in Nigeria, we shall all wake up to find a burning Nigeria one day.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
initial gra gra, let the police be lazy and sloppy,its their funeral boko is after them
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
splashbaby:

Investigators, probing last Thursday’s bomb blast at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, may have beamed their searchlight on senior police officers whom they suspect might have connived with Boko Haram sect to carry out the act.

The manner and ease with which the bomber gained entrance into the police premises, was said to have excited the suspicion of investigators and strengthened the belief that it was an “insiders job.”

Also, 59 sect members were arrested at an unidentified locations in Bauchi and Maiduguri and brought to Abuja on Sunday.

The suspects, who were a mix of Somalis, Sudanese and Nigeriens, were being detained at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Garki, Abuja.

A source informed our correspondent on Monday that investigators were convinced that the bombing could not have been carried out at the police headquarters without the support of very senior police officers who probably had an axe to grind with the leadership.

The source said, “Investigations have fully commenced and there is a strong suspicion that the perpetrators could not have succeeded without some form of support and sympathy from senior police officers. In the next few weeks, I believe that definite proof of their (senior officer’s) involvement would be discovered by investigators.”

The spokesman of the Islamic extremists, Usman Al-Zawhiri, had reportedly claimed that his group had members and sympathisers within all the nation’s security agencies, a theory that investigators might have found plausible.

Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, will hold a crucial meeting on Tuesday (today) with police commissioners from the 36 states of the federation and the FCT to discuss the threat posed by Boko Haram.

The meeting, which would also be attended by other senior officers, would discuss strategies on how to curb the increasingly audacious attacks of the group, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Yemi Ajayi said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106213512025

With a few cash,you can buy the soul of a Nigerian policeman.So I won't be surprised if his happens to be true.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Abium: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2011
Wot a story! Notin tangible will come out. May God punish all dis boko haram and their generatn, this is my praya
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by strangest(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
If it was actually a suicide bomber like I heard before and it happens to be that top police officials of the police were involved, then I believe that would have given them enough tactical idea of how the police headquarter is and trust me, I think the disaster would have been more,
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by mboma(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2011
We all know nothing will come out of it all, all is just media hype, nigerians gba-gbee.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by cescky(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2011
docjuli:

Mallam Adamu (one of the suspect) bought a new bullet proof jeep for N75M after the Abuja bombing. While visiting Maiduguri to help track down the leader, he was attacked by Boko Haram who rained bullets on his jeep, to no effect! So he started abusing them from inside the glass, as the detective was about zooming off, one of them gestured that he could not hear Adamu, he then wound down his window and shouted: "shege danbura'uba, barawo banza, dan iska ne Kowei, waka,"

grin grin grin, funny
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by eros(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
Anything can happen with the Nigeria Police. . . . .bunch of di.ck heads. angry angry angry
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by eros(m): 5:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
docjuli:

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Typical dumb northerner terrorist. He would do exactly same thing in real life.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by DeepSoul(f): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
splashbaby:

The source said, “Investigations have fully commenced and there is a strong suspicion that the perpetrators could not have succeeded without some form of support and sympathy from senior police officers. In the next few weeks, I believe that definite proof of their[b] (senior officer’s) involvement would be discovered by investigators[/b].”

The same senior officers that are being investigated will also attend the crucial meeting?
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Busols757: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
a new dimension of defrauding naija
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Gbenge77(m): 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
eros:

Anything can happen with the Nigeria Police. . . . .bunch of di.ck heads. angry angry angry
Lol.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by wonderiyke(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
I feel that MEND, Boko Haram, Massob etc are just the beginning of what we are yet to see in Nigeria unless equity and justice are given to every citizen of the country as a right and not as a privilege. There is no justification for senators and other political office holders to earn millions of naira per month and several millions as allowances, while looting billions of naira by way of over-inflated contracts, useless and wasteful official travels and travel allowances. While some Nigerians take home just N18,000.00 per month to feed their families, pay rent and school fees for their children. There is no justification for our rulers (past and present) to live in the most expensive houses in the world with air strips, golf courses, flying private jets in addition to having their own commercial aircrafts and owning almost all the big companies in the country. The degree of disequilibrium, disparity and social gap is astronomical.

Disgruntled Nigerians can no longer wait and see their future destroyed by our greedy and insensitive politicians, so I believe that the worst is yet to come and there is little or nothing the government can do about it unless there is a complete reversal of the trends and developments in bribery, corruption and abuse of government offices in Nigeria, we shall all wake up to find a burning Nigeria one day.

I agree,
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by sirjec(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2011
splashbaby:

What happened to them for people to sympathise with. LOL

splashbaby:

Do you believe them? If this is true, it would have been kept secret (classified) but I suspect they want to use propaganda as none of them is willing to cooperate cause confusion in their midst or even make other cooperate. I know how it works.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by MMM2(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2011
Not again
Anoda bad newz
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Gbaka(m): 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2011
Mallam Adamu (one of the suspect) bought a new bullet
proof jeep for N75M after the Abuja bombing. While
visiting Maiduguri to help track down the leader, he was
attacked by Boko Haram who rained bullets on his jeep,
to no effect! So he started abusing them from inside the
glass, as the detective was about zooming off, one of
them gestured that he could not hear Adamu, he then
wound down his window and shouted: "shege
danbura'uba, barawo banza, dan iska ne Kowei, waka,"
grin. LWKMD4HIA
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by ibgreatman: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2011
they stole my sim card here is my new number 07053100583.for those of you that does not know me am smith if you want glo free call just flash me on this 07053100583.availble to glo only.
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Egelife(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
The boko haram sect must have distracted these officers with 20 Naira, grin grin grin grin if not tell me how a car carrying such a massive bomb would have gained entrance into this main police headquarter
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by larrycdof(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2011
belive me no such high target attack wud take place wtout an inside collaboratn, people who belive in rightfulness of this sancthimonius act,see things in thier way,bribed, or simply coerced into this, we all re not save,what depicts a good governace is ability of goverment to quaranty security of life and properties and its lacking in this our govermant
Re: Abuja Bombing: Investigators Suspect ‘internal Connivance’ by Vanzcharles(m): 1:16am On Dec 10, 2020
I am .

(1) (Reply)

Western Nigeria have capacity to produce Atomic bomb to fight-Engr Musiwa / JAMB Exposes Lagos Guber Aspirant Akinwunmi Ambode / Breaking News:see snapshot:is olisa metuh dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.