Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203198 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,.
My opinion is a No,

The reason is because treasury bills are investment instruments not accounts.

If the treasury bill is an investment account then that will be possible

See attached

Cheers

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2022
justwise:

Go as dependant and study full time

I want to ask....If a dependant is studying to get a masters degree....naturally the dependant's masters will end after the main apllicants programme since the dependant will start his or her masters after arriving in the uk...

What happens to the dependents study if the main applicant's t4 visa ends and denied post study visa....??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2022
DarkEvanny:
Please how can I reschedule Tb appointment? When I click on manage appointments, It takes me to registration again on the website

Did you login with your details? If yes then you shouldn’t have to register all over again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okonja(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2022
Fadelex:

Thanks...
1. Trying to avoid salary palava in the office because once the name is changed on the BVN, it might take time before it is rectified in ippis..

I think marriage certificate and newspaper publication will suffice as proof for reason in name difference.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gooci(m): 8:56am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello everyone!!!
anyone going for Agricultural related courses or Food Science/Nutrition for January intake I found it so difficult to see January intake for agric courses on google. E be like say I don sabi more universities in uk more than naija now sef undecided

these are the list of schools i have found and applied.
1. Sheffield Hallam
2 .Greenwich university
3. Hertfordshire
4. Lincoln
5. London Metropolitan

Hopefully they can get back to me ASAP. My referees have informed me the schools reached out to them already in less than 3hrs after applying (e surprise me).

please who knows of any other schools that offer agric/food courses for January intake??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Thunderbird007: 8:59am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello house, Good morning. Trust you are all having a restful weekend.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I'm experiencing some worrisome delays with my Tier-5 (Government Approved Exchange) visa for the UK. A financial services firm is sponsoring my visa to the UK for a summer internship. This is my first time applying for any kind of visa at all. I'm 22, and I have about a month left to finish my NYSC.

I went for my biometrics at TLSContact on April 13th. The designated immigration lawyers in the UK handled all the documentation requirements. They requested for my documents and I submitted them. They then submitted to the UKVI. I have been waiting for a decision for more than 8 weeks now,so, I just decided to seek your experienced counsel here. Could the fact that I've not passed out of NYSC be a problem?

Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcafeez: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2022
Flexi appoinment

You can arrive at the Visa Application Centre at any time during opening hours on the day of your appointment, so you can travel at less busy times when it's safer and more convenient for you..

RisenStar:
@duchess, @mimilyrics, @gloriyah and @justwise

1) Abeg how does Flexi on TLS operate?

Does it mean I can walk to TLS office any day, any time and have my biometrics done? Though I have booked a date but it is somehow far.

2) And does flexi covers Saturdays and public holidays?

Pls kindly help a sister�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcafeez: 9:03am On Jun 12, 2022
Flexi appoinment

You can arrive at the Visa Application Centre at any time during opening hours on the day of your appointment, so you can travel at less busy times when it's safer and more convenient for you..

RisenStar:
@duchess, @mimilyrics, @gloriyah and @justwise

1) Abeg how does Flexi on TLS operate?

Does it mean I can walk to TLS office any day, any time and have my biometrics done? Though I have booked a date but it is somehow far.

2) And does flexi covers Saturdays and public holidays?

Pls kindly help a sister�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 9:14am On Jun 12, 2022
Gooci:
Hello everyone!!!
anyone going for Agricultural related courses or Food Science/Nutrition for January intake I found it so difficult to see January intake for agric courses on google. E be like say I don sabi more universities in uk more than naija now sef undecided

these are the list of schools i have found and applied.
1. Sheffield Hallam
2 .Greenwich university
3. Hertfordshire
4. Lincoln
5. London Metropolitan

Hopefully they can get back to me ASAP. My referees have informed me the schools reached out to them already in less than 3hrs after applying (e surprise me).

please who knows of any other schools that offer agric/food courses for January intake??

They won’t get back to you ASAP, you’ll have to be patient till those schools are done with September intake. The emails to your referees are automated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by User10011: 9:20am On Jun 12, 2022
Pls when did you process/submit the form A with UBA?

Bighgggg:
If I credit the account now. Can they still treat it or I should reapply and wait for another one month.(UBA bank)

September 2022 intake

Your advice please...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kcallerpsi: 9:22am On Jun 12, 2022
Pipe1g:
Good evening house, please am asking for a friend who just did his Tb test and the xray result was shown abnormal but no trace of Tb. He is so disturb that this might affect his application. Please i need your advice so as to calm him please. Thanks

Mine was also abnormal when I got my result, but there was no sign of TB. I met with a doctor at the IOM and he said it’s not a problem. The TB result is the ultimate. These things happened to us that was texted to come for additional x-ray after the normal x-ray. If a sign of TB was found, I was told I won’t have the certificate and will be placed on a 6-month treatment. Tell your friend to relax, it is not a problem.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by User10011: 9:27am On Jun 12, 2022
If you have waec, international gce o level should be the correct one
Prettiyruth:
Hello Guys,

I want to add University of Sunderland to my application and I came across this.

Which of these applies to us in Nigeria. I don't have ielts.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2022
WatchYourSix:

I want to ask....If a dependant is studying to get a masters degree....naturally the dependant's masters will end after the main apllicants programme since the dependant will start his or her masters after arriving in the uk...

What happens to the dependents study if the main applicant's t4 visa ends and denied post study visa....??

Nothing..dependant graduates and apply for PSW
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by DarkEvanny: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2022
How do I demonstrate sufficient knowledge or experience, what format or template is needed? I’m about to start the application, so I don’t omit any important documents
I’ve been working with an NGO for four years now.
Please has anyone gone through this? Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 9:39am On Jun 12, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

Nothing..dependant graduates and apply for PSW

So what you are saying is ...even though the dependant rode into uk on the t4 visa of the main applicant....the dependent can still apply for post study visa without the main applicant whos visa has ended before the end of dependent's programme....?? Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello,

Under what government approved exchange scheme are you going for?

When you say designated lawyers you mean the company sponsoring you?

There are lots of delays with visa application now,you might need to chase up or inform the lawyers to chase up decision on your behalf

Cheers

Thunderbird007:
Hello house, Good morning. Trust you are all having a restful weekend.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I'm experiencing some worrisome delays with my Tier-5 (Government Approved Exchange) visa for the UK. A financial services firm is sponsoring my visa to the UK for a summer internship. This is my first time applying for any kind of visa at all. I'm 22, and I have about a month left to finish my NYSC.

I went for my biometrics at TLSContact on April 13th. The designated immigration lawyers in the UK handled all the documentation requirements. They requested for my documents and I submitted them. They then submitted to the UKVI. I have been waiting for a decision for more than 8 weeks now,so, I just decided to seek your experienced counsel here. Could the fact that I've not passed out of NYSC be a problem?

Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by alakrity(m): 9:47am On Jun 12, 2022
Gdm house , finally prayer answered . Wife left for Birmingham 2weeks ago and I will be going in two days time , please house kindly advise what do I need to take along with me . Does her POF SLIPS SHE PRINTED TWO WEEKS AGO COVERED me at POE or I need to reprint an updated one to my departures date . Thanks
Advice needed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pipe1g: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2022
Thank you so much really appreciate
Kcallerpsi:

Mine was also abnormal when I got my result, but there was no sign of TB. I met with a doctor at the IOM and he said it’s not a problem. The TB result is the ultimate. These things happened to us that was texted to come for additional x-ray after the normal x-ray. If a sign of TB was found, I was told I won’t have the certificate and will be placed on a 6-month treatment. Tell your friend to relax, it is not a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:54am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello,

Congratulations.

Reprint an up to date statement, have the rest of the documents you submitted for your application handy just in case it is asked for

Cheers

alakrity:
Gdm house , finally prayer answered . Wife left for Birmingham 2weeks ago and I will be going in two days time , please house kindly advise what do I need to take along with me . Does her POF SLIPS SHE PRINTED TWO WEEKS AGO COVERED me at POE or I need to reprint an updated one to my departures date . Thanks
Advice needed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2022
WatchYourSix:

So what you are saying is ...even though the dependant rode into uk on the t4 visa of the main applicant....the dependent can still apply for post study visa without the main applicant whos visa has ended before the end of dependent's programme....?? Ok

This is all about planning before leaving Nigeria as a couple, if you do that then the main applicant will still be in status, if the main applicant applies for Sep admission and the dependant applies for Jan they have 4months gap, that 4 months gap is covered by visa duration of the main applicant after graduation.

Just a side note...if you stick to the rules your PSW will not be refused...its almost automatic

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Isiterere(m): 9:58am On Jun 12, 2022
Tawak:
If a student gets pregnant while studying in the UK and gives birth, what are the implications (visa, hospital bills etc.) for the mother and child?
Congratulation Sister Tawak. Enjoy your IHS. The cold can be hard. Don't forget to send invite grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by alakrity(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Thanks bro ... To print an update na real gbege . U know as e dey go nah on POF . Does that mean I can't use the one she printed , POF na jehoval carry me dey go dey go .. oooo

Congratulations.

Reprint an up to date statement, have the rest of the documents you submitted for your application handy just in case it is asked for

Cheers

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2022
Hello,

Unfortunately I can't comment any further. Use what you have hopefully it is not a concern

Cheers

alakrity:
Thanks bro ... To print an update na real gbege . U know as e dey go nah on POF . Does that mean I can't use the one she printed , POF na jehoval carry me dey go dey go .. oooo

Congratulations.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by WatchYourSix: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

This is all about planning before leaving Nigeria as a couple, if you do that then the main applicant will still be in status, if the main applicant applies for Sep admission and the dependant applies for Jan they have 4months gap, that 4 months gap is covered by visa duration of the main applicant after graduation.

Just a side note...if you stick to the rules your PSW will not be refused...its almost automatic

True ..thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pipe1g: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2022
Please have u applied for your visa already
Pipe1g:
Thank you so much really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by maverickdude(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2022
Trishia14:
Nobody wants to answer me? Who is using sterling bank to pay deposit and is already on disbursement reviewer?
Please answer me
Yea. Sterling here, been at that stage for around 2 weeks now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Thunderbird007: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2022
Hi Duchess,

First off, thank you for replying! Trust you're having a lovely Sunday.

I'm not aware of any categorizations of the Tier-5 UK Visa. All I know is that it's a visa that allows you to stay in the UK for about 3 months, and is frequently used for summer internships. The way the Tier 2 is called a Skilled Worker visa is the way the Tier 5 is called a Government Approved Exchange (GAE) visa.

The immigration lawyers were appointed by my sponsoring company, yes. The firm reached out last week to say that they are following up with the UKVI from London, but no decision yet.

My major concern is if my engagement with NYSC could prevent that approval of my UK visa. Some friends done with NYSC who did their biometrics two weeks after me already got their visas. So, please kindly advise. Thank you!

duchess90:
Hello,

Under what government approved exchange scheme are you going for?

When you say designated lawyers you mean the company sponsoring you?

There are lots of delays with visa application now,you might need to chase up or inform the lawyers to chase up decision on your behalf

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2022
Your friends who got the visa, did they apply to the same company as yours?

UK Visa does not rely on your NYSC status. Is the company sponsoring you a genuine one, that is are they approved by government for such visa sponsorship or are the immigration lawyers genuine?

Thunderbird007:
Hi Duchess,

First off, thank you for replying! Trust you're having a lovely Sunday.

I'm not aware of any categorizations of the Tier-5 UK Visa. All I know is that it's a visa that allows you to stay in the UK for about 3 months, and is frequently used for summer internships. The way the Tier 2 is called a Skilled Worker visa is the way the Tier 5 is called a Government Approved Exchange (GAE) visa.

The immigration lawyers were appointed by my sponsoring company, yes. The firm reached out last week to say that they are following up with the UKVI from London, but no decision yet.

My major concern is if my engagement with NYSC could prevent that approval of my UK visa. Some friends done with NYSC who did their biometrics two weeks after me already got their visas. So, please kindly advise. Thank you!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pipe1g: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2022
Please have you applied for your visa already
Kcallerpsi:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 11:50am On Jun 12, 2022
Go on and apply, the abnormality spotted is not something to affect your application. They are looking for TB and if spotted, they won't issue you that certificate. Their mentioning it, is to your advantage. Don't judge your reality with someone else's. All the best

Pipe1g:
Please have you applied for your visa already

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Thunderbird007: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2022
Hi Bigtt, trust you're having a lovely Sunday?

First off, thank you for your input! I genuinely appreciate it. The company sponsoring my visa is very genuine, I believe that. It's one of the world's largest financial services firms, with multiple offices in the US and offices in London, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The firm also sponsors a lot of visas across the world every year for skilled workers and for interns. Legitimacy definitely isn't a problem.

The Immigration Lawyers are also very solid. I checked the profiles of some of the lawyers I talked to at the start of my application on LinkedIn. The firm is registered in Sheffield and very competent. They submitted my documents online, so I just went to TLS for biometrics.

My friends who got their visas also got internship positions with the same company. I just wanted to confirm that my NYSC was not the factor holding back my visa approval. Thank you very much for providing this reassurance. Any other advise would be appreciated. Thanks again!

bigtt76:
Your friends who got the visa, did they apply to the same company as yours?

UK Visa does not rely on your NYSC status. Is the company sponsoring you a genuine one, that is are they approved by government for such visa sponsorship or are the immigration lawyers genuine?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Sounds good then, perhaps you should contact UKVI directly (it's a paid service) and perhaps also, they require more information from you who knows. All the best

Thunderbird007:
Hi Bigtt, trust you're having a lovely Sunday?

First off, thank you for your input! I genuinely appreciate it. The company sponsoring my visa is very genuine, I believe that. It's one of the world's largest financial services firms, with multiple offices in the US and offices in London, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The firm also sponsors a lot of visas across the world every year for skilled workers and for interns. Legitimacy definitely isn't a problem.

The Immigration Lawyers are also very solid. I checked the profiles of some of the lawyers I talked to at the start of my application on LinkedIn. The firm is registered in Sheffield and very competent. They submitted my documents online, so I just went to TLS for biometrics.

My friends who got their visas also got internship positions with the same company. I just wanted to confirm that my NYSC was not the factor holding back my visa approval. Thank you very much for providing this reassurance. Any other advise would be appreciated. Thanks again!

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.