Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1203337 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Yes, you must be using Globus for up to 6months before using them to apply for form A.

That was what made me move to Stanbic Bank. I don't even know how long Stanbic will take

This is not correct please. I opened my Globus bank account April 2022 and I used it for my form A same April, got debited same April, received Telex same April.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by maverickdude(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2022
Gloriyah:

It’s not a big deal. You just got married so it’s not unusual that you’ve been leaving there for a few weeks.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ogunsolalola: 7:48am On Jul 17, 2022
Evergeen22:

Hello Bro, have you gotten yours now?

Hi have you gotten your cas now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by JIBO052021: 7:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Realdeets:

This is not correct please. I opened my Globus bank account April 2022 and I used it for my form A same April, got debited same April, received Telex same April.

Regards
Pls how long did it take your school to confirm payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2022
Exactly and correct but my thoughts here is for the mom to reapply (if an administrative review does not suffice here) and include the letter of consent from the husband for her to assume responsibility over the child.

giselle237:
what the line means is that due to fact father has been denied and mom does not have sole responsibility of child, they have gone onto deny child’s visa. .. this is not a case of consent letter. They applied together… all 3 of them.. however as the decision for child was to be taken, parents applications were looked at.. as one parent is denied or is without a visa… they can not give the child as the child is not indicated as a sole responsibility of mom

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:19am On Jul 17, 2022
Realdeets:

Regards

Yes, you are correct. It's a new policy from their headquarters. According to the person in the branch I went to, they found out they have a lot of dormant accounts. As in, people just open a account with them to pay for form A, after payment, they abandon the account, hence a lot of dormant accounts.

To prevent future occurrence of such, the bank decided to come up with that policy.

(It was actually the headquarters that first told me that, before the person at the branch told me the reason)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 8:26am On Jul 17, 2022
Letter of consent to just assume responsibility no go work either.

The guidelines are clear

"ST 34.2. The applicant’s parents must each be either applying at the same time as the applicant or have permission to be in the UK (other than as a visitor)"

bigtt76:
Exactly and correct but my thoughts here is for the mom to reapply (if an administrative review does not suffice here) and include the letter of consent from the husband for her to assume responsibility over the child.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by slutky: 8:33am On Jul 17, 2022
Dear All,

Please I am trying to fill an application for my children. Can I use same email I used for my application or I need to open I separate email for my children application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:47am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Use another email, it will be tricky to use the same sign in details when you want to track your application

Cheers
slutky:
Dear All,

Please I am trying to fill an application for my children. Can I use same email I used for my application or I need to open I separate email for my children application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Aieboocaar(m): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2022
crazyscientist0:

Thank you so so much �� I was able to book this but I wish I can get earlier dates �

My brother we dey the same boat o
But "A bird at hand ............" grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 8:57am On Jul 17, 2022
Hi Bourne007

I agree with what @Giselle237 and @Justwise says about the possibility but tbh it might be slim

Whilst they go around looking for a solid lawyer can they Include and justify

1. What the special needs is and how they have explored the options of care in Nigeria and why they deem fit that the child must be with the mom

2. How that will not affect her studies seeing she will need dedicated amount of time to care for her child and not focus on study

3. How this extra care will be gotten and the effect it will have on the NHS

4. Why the father can't care for the child considering she will be returning back to Nigeria after her studies

5. it might get to the point of legal declaration to some extent

6. This will be a rough path to go but slim chance of winning

All the best to the person

Cheers

Bourne007:
Yea it's really sad as child visas can be tricky in scenarios like this. Message passed and hopefully they will have options on what to do. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

She can get a visit visa

The general visa thread is a good place to start if you want to apply for her

Cheers
Temillion:
Please can you bring your mother on student visa when you give birth? Also what are the requirements to bring her
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

That won't work

Sole responsibility is declared in court, a full on legal document

Cheers
bigtt76:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:05am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

If you confirm the assisted service it will cancel out your self service

You can't have 2 appointments at a time.

You can choose to only go for assisted or continue with your self service and if you need help on the day of your biometrics pay for the assisted

Cheers
crazyscientist0:
Guys please if I’m trying to amend to find earlier dates and want to try assisted service, will it affect my already booked self service appointment? I noticed I have to remove self service from my basket to access the dates for assisted service.
Please I’ll appreciate any response, help or clarification, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:07am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Please address to Lagos High Commission

Cheers
December30:
Good evening all, please can my reference letter be addressed to British High Commission in Abuja? I am applying from Lagos TLS. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:10am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Your chances are like any other dependant spouse.

Ensure you provide the relevant documents in particular your certificates( divorce and marriage), and proof of relationship as far back as possible with necessary pictures,chats, emails ,bills, investment etc

Note that checks will be made on the documents you submit

Cheers

dadsonade7:
Please house,i have a peculiar case here.I applied alone in the year 2019 for tourism but was denied.Although i filled in the form that i have a wife and 3 children.

Now i have divorced my wife and the 3 children are with her.However i am doing my responsibilities as a father though living separately.

I have since remarried and my new wife want to apply as a student..i plan to apply alongside her by attaching my divorce certficate from my previous wife.

Pls,what is my chance of getting the visa aling with my new wife who is going for a mastwrs orogramme.

I need a sincere answer from the house please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 9:14am On Jul 17, 2022
I get you perhaps I got the name wrong but care must be taken here ...declaring sole responsibility in court (legal document) may be construed as a 'semi-divorce' except the grounds for declaring sole responsibility are well defined. I'm not a lawyer ....just my thoughts though cheesy

duchess90:
Hello

That won't work

Sole responsibility is declared in court, a full on legal document

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:22am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Exactly so if it isn't the case, what @bourne007 said earlier has to stand unless compelling reasons which is what has brought us back to the discussion

My point was responsibility is not just an affidavit, or a letter of consent when it comes to a minor especially when the second parent can't apply.

Thinking about it, I know someone who has sole responsibility because the other parent has some mental health issues and can't take decisions for the child. They had to prove and provide evidence for that sha

Anyway..enjoy your Sunday

Cheers

bigtt76:
I get you perhaps I got the name wrong but care must be taken here ...declaring sole responsibility in court (legal document) may be construed as a 'semi-divorce' except the grounds for declaring sole responsibility are well defined. I'm not a lawyer ....just my thoughts though cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2022
I don't know but aren't we mis-construing the denial of the child's visa to his/her special needs? Basing an appeal on this, may not fly without the father granting the mother sole responsibility as the main applicant. That I think is the main reason for the denial and until that is sorted out, I don't see how it will fly based on the special needs.

If the father hadn't apply with the MA and child and there was a letter of consent, would child have been denied?

duchess90:
Hi Bourne007

I agree with what @Giselle237 and @Justwise says about the possibility but tbh it might be slim

Whilst they go around looking for a solid lawyer can they Include and justify

1. What the special needs is and how they have explored the options of care in Nigeria and why they deem fit that the child must be with the mom

2. How that will not affect her studies seeing she will need dedicated amount of time to care for her child and not focus on study

3. How this extra care will be gotten and the effect it will have on the NHS

4. Why the father can't care for the child considering she will be returning back to Nigeria after her studies

5. it might get to the point of legal declaration to some extent

6. This will be a rough path to go but slim chance of winning

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2022
I get it ...thanks for clarifying dear. Have a blessed and happy Sunday kiss

duchess90:
Hello

Exactly so if it isn't the case, what @bourne007 said earlier has to stand unless compelling reasons which is what has brought us back to the discussion

My point was responsibility is not just an affidavit, or a letter of consent when it comes to a minor especially when the second parent can't apply.

Thinking about it, I know someone who has sole responsibility because the other parent has some mental health issues and can't take decisions for the child. They had to prove and provide evidence for that sha

Anyway..enjoy your Sunday

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:25am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Back to the previous answer @ the bolded

The father can't grant sole responsibility to the mom.
It is the court to do so

If you are referring to letter of consent that won't still apply, it has to be apply together ,provide sole responsibility (legal document) or show compelling reasons (hence the discussion about special needs)
Cheers

bigtt76:
I don't know but aren't we mis-construing the denial of the child's visa to his/her special needs? Basing an appeal on this, may not fly [b]without the father granting the mother sole responsibility as the main applicant. [/b]That I think is the main reason for the denial and until that is sorted out, I don't see how it will fly based on the special needs.

If the father hadn't apply with the MA and child and there was a letter of consent, would child have been denied?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 9:33am On Jul 17, 2022
@bigtt76 @duchess90 @justwise
I want to print out my account statement (POF).
I want the statement to start from the 25th of June to 22nd of July.
That 22nd of July (which fell on a Friday) is exactly the 28th day. Can I print it that day and it will be valid (28 days). Due to time, I may not want to wait till Tuesday (banks don't work on mondays in the East).

If the date of printing (28th day) is included, am I good to go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ibro2021: 9:37am On Jul 17, 2022
Gurus in the house, please advise.

I declared a South African visit visa refusal from 2019 but forgot to upload the notice of decision doc when self uploading on TLS. Reason for refusal was the SA Embassy been unable to reach the training centre that issued invitation letter to me.
I reapplied for the same SA visit visa to the training centre in early-2020 and it was granted.

Does this affect my application please, or do I have to submit the notice of decision when I go for biometrics?

Thank you.

@duchess90 @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by PhilJames: 9:44am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello everyone

Please what is the cheaper payment channel for IHS and visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2022
Your POF must be in the account for 28 days. You can print on the 29th or 30th day before your application.

Kalakris:
That 22nd of July (which fell on a Friday) is exactly the 28th day. Can I print it that day and it will be valid (28 days). Due to time, I may not want to wait till Tuesday (banks don't work on mondays in the East).

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

You don't need to include the decision documents, declaring it is sufficient

I won't be too concerned

Cheers
Ibro2021:
Gurus in the house, please advise.

I declared a South African visit visa refusal from 2019 but forgot to upload the notice of decision doc when self uploading on TLS. Reason for refusal was the SA Embassy been unable to reach the training centre that issued invitation letter to me.
I reapplied for the same SA visit visa to the training centre in early-2020 and it was granted.

Does this affect my application please, or do I have to submit the notice of decision when I go for biometrics?

Thank you.

@duchess90 @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alexminimie3: 9:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello house, University of Stirling asked me to defer my admission till January 2023 after paying tuition fee deposit. I have deferred it, can they issue CAS to me by 23/07/2022 for January 2023 since it will be six months to the course start date?
Has anyone experienced this either for University of Stirling or any other U.K university?
Urgent help us needed please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2022
Valid points. Thanks for your response. Enjoy tomorrow's heat wave cool

duchess90:

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

@bigtt76 responded

Can I also say that time between Friday to Tuesday is not too much considering you can't do anything during the weekend.

I personally would print it on a Tuesday

Cheers
Kalakris:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alexminimie3: 9:53am On Jul 17, 2022
BarrONLS:

Please did you submit any English proficiency test like ielt and the likes? I got a conditional offer from stirling for January 2023 and I have been asked to submit one of the listed English tests.
If your certificate is less than 5 years, you only need letter from your school to show that you were taught in English.
If not, you need IELTS test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

@Bourne007

The heatwave is not funny at all

Na red alert we get for our end aiming close to 40°c by Mon or Tues

I don roast be that. How's your end?

Cheers

Bourne007:
Valid points. Thanks for your response. Enjoy tomorrow's heat wave cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1048)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.