Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1215681 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ibro2021: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2022
THanks for the feedback.

duchess90:
Hello

You don't need to include the decision documents, declaring it is sufficient

I won't be too concerned

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Alexminimie3: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2022
frantoy:
Please house, anyone September intake for the University of Stirling that has gotten CAS?
Is there any submission of PoF besides fees deposit?
And how long does it take to get the CAS. �
I could not get CAS majorly due to delay in POF submission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2022
Thank you. Noted

duchess90:
Hello

@bigtt76 responded

Can I also say that time between Friday to Tuesday is not too much considering you can't do anything during the weekend.

I personally would print it on a Tuesday

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kalakris: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2022
bigtt76:
Your POF must be in the account for 28 days. You can print on the 29th or 30th day before your application.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emandman: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2022
British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria

Is the above the correct correspondence to address job reference to.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by uchman(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2022
royal200:
Please I need urgent help. My admission letter was just confirmed what is the next thing I need to do?
Please again,my passport remain 5 months to expire can I use it do my CAS, TB test and fill Visa form before I get the new passport?
Or how should I go about this. Brother and sister help me out

Your most concern should be getting a new passport for Visa, passport take ages...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bourne007(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2022
My end is the same ọ. Mon and Tues close to 40 degrees as well.

I beg no roast ọ. Use that to roast chicken/fish bbq make we come chop cheesy wink

duchess90:
Hello

@Bourne007

The heatwave is not funny at all

Na red alert we get for our end aiming close to 40°c by Mon or Tues

I don roast be that. How's your end?

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 10:24am On Jul 17, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bourne007:
My end is the same ọ. Mon and Tues close to 40 degrees as well.

I beg no roast ọ. Use that to roast chicken/fish bbq make we come chop cheesy wink

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 10:25am On Jul 17, 2022
Peleee ....at this stage na to wear bum short and tank top sure passss tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy

duchess90:
Hello

@Bourne007

The heatwave is not funny at all

Na red alert we get for our end aiming close to 40°c by Mon or Tues

I don roast be that. How's your end?

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by December30(f): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Please address to Lagos High Commission

Cheers
one of my references was addressed to Abuja and I’m not sure I will be able to get another one because it was from my previous employer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2022
So in my case are you saying I might need a legal document since my husband is not applying with us?

The consent letter from both of us and his documents should be okay right?
He can’t apply due to the nature of his job( offshore)
Please kindly let me know if I might need additional documents so I gather them now. We are still married.

duchess90:
Hello

Exactly so if it isn't the case, what @bourne007 said earlier has to stand unless compelling reasons which is what has brought us back to the discussion

My point was responsibility is not just an affidavit, or a letter of consent when it comes to a minor especially when the second parent can't apply.

Thinking about it, I know someone who has sole responsibility because the other parent has some mental health issues and can't take decisions for the child. They had to prove and provide evidence for that sha

Anyway..enjoy your Sunday

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by June232022: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2022
jum33:

Sure .

when did you apply pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Nope the consent letter is not enough.

Is his work a compelling reason why he is not applying at the same time with you? It's up to you to prove that otherwise I fear a possible refusal .

Here's a screenshot that explains the sentence easier, you can do more research on this

PS there is something called parent child abduction

Cheers
Gift7428:
So in my case are you saying I might need a legal document since my husband is not applying with us?

The consent letter from both of us and his documents should be okay right?
He can’t apply due to the nature of his job( offshore)
Please kindly let me know if I might need additional documents so I gather them now. We are still married.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:24am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

@ the bolded have you tried?
It's always good to keep your application straightforward and clean without mix and matches but if you can't then use it as it is, there's nothing you can do.

Cheers

December30:
one of my references was addressed to Abuja and[b] I’m not [/b]sure I will be able to get another one because it was from my previous employer

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:36am On Jul 17, 2022
slutky:
Dear All,

Please I am trying to fill an application for my children. Can I use same email I used for my application or I need to open I separate email for my children application

Please use your email. I assume your kids are minors and it’s expected that they won’t be able to monitor the progress of their application by themselves.

It is also easy for you to track their applications using your email address because each child/dependent is expected to have different passwords anyways.

A lot of people did this and they were able to track their children’s application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emandman: 11:40am On Jul 17, 2022
Sorry if I appear like I'm doubting so many respected gurus here, but this study gap idea I read here ,where did it come from?
I can't find job reference as a requirement on ukvi site and I know a colleague with 10 years study gap who did not submit job reference and was granted.
I will still err on the side of caution though. But we need to clarify if it's a myth we've all come to accept as norm.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by PhilJames: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2022
@ duchess90

Hello

Please what is the cheaper payment channel for IHS and visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:42am On Jul 17, 2022
Alexminimie3:

If your certificate is less than 5 years, you only need letter from your school to show that you were taught in English.
If not, you need IELTS test

I think this depends on the school’s requirements. Loads of people with gap years of 17 years and above here only submitted their WAEC and no IELTS results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:43am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello,

The email I had advised was hers not the kids

But if the bolded is possible and the applicant doesn't mix things up then this would be a better option

Cheers

Davidandgo:

Please use your email. I assume your kids are minors and it’s expected that they won’t be able to monitor the progress of their application by themselves.

It is also easy for you to track their applications using your email address because each child/dependent is [b]expected to have different passwords anyways.
[/b]
A lot of people did this and they were able to track their children’s application.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 11:53am On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

This was a consideration at the credibility interview during Biometrics which is currently not as popular and will only be requested on a case by case basis.

Because the credibility interview is not taking place as often as it should ,case workers now rely solely on evidence of anything worth considering including study gaps.

That is the reason why NSF mails have been sent to request that sort of additional document and now applicants are proactive in submitting such to avoid NSFs

Here's a screenshot and a link to do more reading.There's a shorter version and I'll post it when I find it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/points-based-system-student-route

Cheers
emandman:
Sorry if I appear like I'm doubting so many respected gurus here, but this study gap idea I read here ,where did it come from?
I can't find job reference as a requirement on ukvi site and I know a colleague with 10 years study gap who did not submit job reference and was granted.
I will still err on the side of caution though. But we need to clarify if it's a myth we've all come to accept as norm.
Thanks

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

The email I had advised was hers not the kids

But if the bolded is possible and the applicant doesn't mix things up then this would be a better option

Cheers

Looks like we are on the same page then.

‘Cheers’ in your voice grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2022
I am meant to do my masters and return to Nigeria right? That is the ideal way. Not everyone believes in the abroad dream especially if they are doing well in Nigeria
He is offshore sometimes for 3 months so where should the child be at that time if I don’t go with her?

I can’t lie that we are separated when we are not. Applying with us will mean more POF and he is not ready for all that and I don’t have more than enough for his POF.
I have seen people get visa without their husbands.

duchess90:
Hello

Nope the consent letter is not enough.

Is his work a compelling reason why he is not applying at the same time with you? It's up to you to prove that otherwise I fear a possible refusal .

Here's a screenshot that explains the sentence easier, you can do more research on this

PS there is something called parent child abduction

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Skin90(m): 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good afternoon house,

@Justwise @Duchess90

Please, if remove like #300,000 from my pof account, will it be of any effect?

My pof will still be at the required amount needed for my visa application after removing the #300,000

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ifeanyi10059(m): 12:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good day guys, I'm new here ,
Here's my story briefly, I have Bsc Agriculture
(Soil science Dept) not so proud of it, I worked with ATM company for 2years 2017-2018, then got federal job In one of the Teaching Hospitals as Admin staff 2018, I started ICAN exam to become a chattered Accountant, passed all the papers just one to go SFM, but was cut short as I left my job and relocated to Lagos February to work with my uncle for a while who wants to sponsor me to UK

I tot Nigeria will get better never had any intention of traveling out, but here we are.
I've done some research and I've seen ICAN cert is recognized only in west Africa so there's no need to completing the remaining 1 paper, funds and time wasted,

I have intrest in IT, I intend to travel through student Visa, MSC in CYBER SECURITY, I've already enrolled in some online courses (Cyber Security)

so guys here my challenge, can I switch to IT related course MSC considering my BSC in Soil science
And I also need guidelines on the UK study visa process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Davidandgo: 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gift7428:
I am meant to do my masters and return to Nigeria right? That is the ideal way. Not everyone believes in the abroad dream especially if they are doing well in Nigeria
He is offshore sometimes for 3 months so where should the child be at that time if I don’t go with her?

I can’t lie that we are separated when we are not. Applying with us will mean more POF and he is not ready for all that and I don’t have more than enough for his POF.

It is strongly advised that you apply with your hubby. Once the visa is granted, he can travel to Nigeria and Bisit the UK as often as possible.

I have two friends who did this. Their husbands have great jobs in Nigeria so they visit the family in UK since they already have their BRP.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emandman: 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

This was a consideration at the credibility interview during Biometrics which is currently not as popular and will only be requested on a case by case basis.

Because the credibility interview is not taking place as often as it should ,case workers now rely solely on evidence of anything worth considering including study gaps.

That is the reason why NSF mails have been sent to request that sort of additional document and now applicants are proactive in submitting such to avoid NSFs

Here's a screenshot and a link to do more reading.There's a shorter version and I'll post it when I find it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/points-based-system-student-route

Cheers
Well understood, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Operate your account like you would as long as your maintenance is not affected

Cheers
Skin90:
Good afternoon house,

@Justwise @Duchess90

Please, if remove like #300,000 from my pof account, will it be of any effect?

My pof will still be at the required amount needed for my visa application after removing the #300,000

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

@the first bolded if you ask me na who I go ask??

@the second bolded ..No comment

@the third bolded.. can you speak to the people that have done so? They may give a better advise.

Me na the policy I look

Cheers

Gift7428:

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by emandman: 12:20pm On Jul 17, 2022
@duchess please, if the employment letter contains the salary details, is it in anyway used in making financial decisions as part of the visa process?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by solveabode(m): 12:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
perrol:
Please I need a direction on how to be checking available date for biometric at ikeja on there site, A friend help my wife to fill her form,I don't want to be disturbing him as such. How can I check it because he said there's no available date. Thanks

You will be checking and refreshing the site regularly especially in the midnight from 12am.

You can pick a farther date first and amend it later to closer date.

If you still don't get it, let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gift7428:
He is offshore sometimes for 3 months so where should the child be at that time if I don’t go with her? I can’t lie that we are separated when we are not. Applying with us will mean more POF and he is not ready for all that and I don’t have more than enough for his POF.
Your child will not… i say again… will not be grnated visa unless there is an explanation for/from dad
It’s either one parent is dead, separated, divorced or not in child’s life and then you must get documents to back this up…
For anything else there must be strong compelling reasons why the other party will not be travelling.
They can not grant the child or children visa without this.
Follow guidelines.. the simplest way… all of you apply together… when the visa comes out… your husband is left to do what he so pleases with his visa.
You say you know ppl tht applied without their husbands yess.. pls reach out to them.. no visa will be granted to the child if UKVI can not establish father’s own application or extenuating circumstances around your situation.
Even here in the UK, I helped a relation with her renewal application for her child within the UK… child and father submitted same time but somehow UKVI did not see father’s application..
The child’s visa was put on hold and nsf was sent for same reason… there has to be an explanation…

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.