Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1215834 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Unibenfucker(m): 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2022
Abeg Would a budget of #10m be enough to pursue masters in Uk . I no wan take risk to invest my whole money atleast make I use half invest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
You already switched to accounting from Soil Science so definitely you should be able to switch to IT without issues. On the ICAN, I would advise you finish it up while you embark on this new course of career and my reason is you might need that experience someday and of course you might be able to enroll for the more recognized ACCA while in the UK. Also note that your skills more than degree is bound to gain you employment faster in the UK. All the best.

For guidelines on the Visa application, please refer to page 1 of this thread.

ifeanyi10059:
Good day guys, I'm new here ,
Here's my story briefly, I have Bsc Agriculture
(Soil science Dept) not so proud of it, I worked with ATM company for 2years 2017-2018, then got federal job In one of the Teaching Hospitals as Admin staff 2018, I started ICAN exam to become a chattered Accountant, passed all the papers just one to go SFM, but was cut short as I left my job and relocated to Lagos February to work with my uncle for a while who wants to sponsor me to UK

I tot Nigeria will get better never had any intention of traveling out, but here we are.
I've done some research and I've seen ICAN cert is recognized only in west Africa so there's no need to completing the remaining 1 paper, funds and time wasted,

I have intrest in IT, I intend to travel through student Visa, MSC in CYBER SECURITY, I've already enrolled in some online courses (Cyber Security)

so guys here my challenge, can I switch to IT related course MSC considering my BSC in Soil science
And I also need guidelines on the UK study visa process

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Depends on the school you select and your mode of payment cheesy

Unibenfucker:
Abeg Would a budget of #10m be enough to pursue masters in Uk . I no wan take risk to invest my whole money atleast make I use half invest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 1:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
Very clear dear and to OP let me add ...everybody's case is different so the fact that you know someone in your situation is granted visa does not mean you will be granted if you don't mirror that person's strategy so just like @giselle237 advised, contact that person to learn more on how they went about theirs.

giselle237:

Your child will not… i say again… will not be grnated visa unless there is an explanation for/from dad
It’s either one parent is dead, separated, divorced or not in child’s life and then you must get documents to back this up…
For anything else there must be strong compelling reasons why the other party will not be travelling.
They can not grant the child or children visa without this.
Follow guidelines.. the simplest way… all of you apply together… when the visa comes out… your husband is left to do what he so pleases with his visa.
You say you know ppl tht applied without their husbands yess.. pls reach out to them.. no visa will be granted to the child if UKVI can not establish father’s own application or extenuating circumstances around your situation.
Even here in the UK, I helped a relation with her renewal application for her child within the UK… child and father submitted same time but somehow UKVI did not see father’s application..
The child’s visa was put on hold and nsf was sent for same reason… there has to be an explanation…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rotimi16(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
Please I want to know if Stirling accepts waiver for the English proficiency test. I got an offer too and was asked to submit. Although, the school has a link where you can write the test online, you just need to contact them for the link, username and password, it's free. If they accept a certificate from my school for waiver, I don't mind.

Please did you submit any English proficiency test like ielt and the likes? I got a conditional offer from stirling for January 2023 and I have been asked to submit one of the listed English tests. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Rotimi16(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Please I want to know if Stirling accepts waiver for the English proficiency test. I got an offer too and was asked to submit. Although, the school has a link where you can write the test online, you just need to contact them for the link, username and password, it's free. If they accept a certificate from my school for waiver, I don't mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Will do that. Thanks

duchess90:
Hello

@the first bolded if you ask me na who I go ask??

@the second bolded ..No comment

@the third bolded.. can you speak to the people that have done so? They may give a better advise.

Me na the policy I look

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
I stated previously that I have a letter from my husband and his documents to back it up.
I will contact a lawyer to see what he will say.

giselle237:

Your child will not… i say again… will not be grnated visa unless there is an explanation for/from dad
It’s either one parent is dead, separated, divorced or not in child’s life and then you must get documents to back this up…
For anything else there must be strong compelling reasons why the other party will not be travelling.
They can not grant the child or children visa without this.
Follow guidelines.. the simplest way… all of you apply together… when the visa comes out… your husband is left to do what he so pleases with his visa.
You say you know ppl tht applied without their husbands yess.. pls reach out to them.. no visa will be granted to the child if UKVI can not establish father’s own application or extenuating circumstances around your situation.
Even here in the UK, I helped a relation with her renewal application for her child within the UK… child and father submitted same time but somehow UKVI did not see father’s application..
The child’s visa was put on hold and nsf was sent for same reason… there has to be an explanation…

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Yes you are correct.

bigtt76:
Very clear dear and to OP let me add ...everybody's case is different so the fact that you know someone in your situation is granted visa does not mean you will be granted if you don't mirror that person's strategy so just like @giselle237 advised, contact that person to learn more on how they went about theirs.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
Why not contact them about this though I doubt they will waiver it cos its a requirement from UKVI for student visa so at the discretion of the university, they may waive it.

IF they give the option to write the test online for free, why not get it?

Rotimi16:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello @kambols95

I believe there is a section for advert placement

Please have a look for that section and place your advert accordingly

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bastardson: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Samuelbukola:
Hi Everyone
I also received a condition offer from The University of Law Business School this year and i have been asked to do the ULET exam because my neco/waec is more than 10yrs.

Going through this thread concerning this ulet,i noticed some pple had similar experience.. can anyone pls help by giving update on how the ULET is and other necessary things i need to know

Thanks

Haaaa is it all schools that requires this? My WAEC is almost over 20yrs.. But I had a “B”.. What if someone categorically write to them telling them that I was taught in English
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
Gift7428:
I stated previously that I have a letter from my husband and his documents to back it up.
I will contact a lawyer to see what he will say.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhee20(f): 2:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello @duchess90 @giselle237

Please I need advice, i am the MA with my husband and daughter as dependents, my daughter is less that 6months old and her international passport is not ready yet. However, my husband and I want to apply for Visa so I can resume in September while he stays back with her till her passport is ready and we can apply for her and they both travel together.

Do you know if this arrangement can fly and she’d be granted visa based on the fact that both her parents would have visa already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello

Absolutely it should be fine

The only thing I will add is if her passport is not ready and his visa vignette on the passport is almost expiring,he can arrive the UK, get his BRP and other necessary documents and then return to Naija to wait and follow up with her application

Cheers
Bhee20:
Hello @duchess90 @giselle237

Please I need advice, i and the MA with my husband and daughter as dependents, my daughter is less that 6months old and her international passport is not ready yet. However, my husband and I want to apply for Visa so I can resume in September while he stays back with her till her passport is ready and we can apply for her and they both travel together.

Do you know if this arrangement can fly and she’d be granted visa based on the fact that both her parents would have visa already?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 2:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
JIBO052021:

Pls how long did it take your school to confirm payment?

After uploading Telex to the student’s portal, it took 24 hours. I followed up with mails though.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Yes, you are correct. It's a new policy from their headquarters. According to the person in the branch I went to, they found out they have a lot of dormant accounts. As in, people just open a account with them to pay for form A, after payment, they abandon the account, hence a lot of dormant accounts.

To prevent future occurrence of such, the bank decided to come up with that policy.

(It was actually the headquarters that first told me that, before the person at the branch told me the reason)

Oh, thank you for clarifying this. I’ve been using the account ever since, because i felt betrayed by banks I’ve been using for long including the bank i worked with for a year.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2022
slutky:
Dear All,

Please I am trying to fill an application for my children. Can I use same email I used for my application or I need to open I separate email for my children application

I used same email for all of us(4).

Regards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bhee20(f): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
Thank you

duchess90:
Hello

Absolutely it should be fine

The only thing I will add is if her passport is not ready and his visa vignette on the passport is almost expiring,he can arrive the UK, get his BRP and other necessary documents and then return to Naija to wait and follow up with her application

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Realdeets: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
PhilJames:
Hello everyone

Please what is the cheaper payment channel for IHS and visa?

Open a Domiciliary account (either Dollar, Pounds or Euros), get a debit card, buy dollars, Euros, or pounds from Aboki, deposit it in the Dom account, shikena.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gift7428: 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2022
Will drop an update on this as I move along as my ex classmate said she only submitted consent letter from her kids dad. That was in 2020 anyway.

[quote author=giselle237 post=114823039][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by omis1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2022
Good afternoon house ,I want to start my proof of fund next week Tuesday and I have 10m only,my tution balance is £7200 and d ukvi bills calculation for Other bills is 9207 ,total is £16407. Would 10m be enough?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by badjua: 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hi guys. Happy Sunday. Please guys, are we to get Covid-19 vaccination & yellow fever card before traveling?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by lavida001: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Unibenfucker:
Odogwu

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by omis1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
Is 10million naira proof of fund enough?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by StellarThesis: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Please is it compulsory to submit cv and employment letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by okuwaniceman: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello all
Pls what implications does disclosing by an MA with dependants spouse and children when filing their visa application, that the MA has a mother who is now a British citizen, have on their applications?. Would that suggest that they may not want to come back when deciding on their visas thereby leading to denial? Pls if you have any idea or has passed through same, kindly help to respond.

Pls note the Student MA is applying together with her dependants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

@ the bolded have you tried?
It's always good to keep your application straightforward and clean without mix and matches but if you can't then use it as it is, there's nothing you can do.
Cheers
[/b]

Good day, Ma. Thanks for your previous assistance.

My form A tuition deposit haven't been remitted and I plan to enter by September. So, I'm thinking of starting my POF considering I don't know how long before the school will get the deposit.

Hence, I'll like to know how long the POF statement of account is valid after printing, before using it to apply for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by haywhy0007(m): 4:58pm On Jul 17, 2022
Hello house I need urgent answer consigning POF. I have the total amount needed for my POF held in my account for total of 30 days but I didn’t run my account. I just put in the money and leave it for 30days( no withdraw or deposit). Now a friend said I have to run the account while waiting for my 30days to complete, I need to make deposit and also withdraw. Is this true ?? Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Cjaylawson: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2022
Pls I plan to use fidelity bank Dom account for my visa application hope the bank is good for that

(1) (2) (3) ... (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.