Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why Is Programming Difficult? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is Programming Difficult? (8967 Views)

How Hard Is Programming / How Lucrative Is Programming / Is Programming A Talent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by IBEXY(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2011
The only sort of programming you can learn in a week is "lightweight" scripting tools like VBScript. You can also learn the basics of SQl querying in a few days (provided you've been exposed the database mgt systems before). Lets not forget you need loads of theory stuff if you have never written or known any language.

All that said, what makes a programmer is the amount of "debugging", "failed projects", "trial and errors" you've had. In a lay man's language: the years of experience you've put in.

You only learn by doing. If you've never been held captive by a misplaced dot in your code for hours, you will never experience the full beauty of coding.

Search for "w3schools" on google. Might get you on your way.
smiley
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Fayimora(m): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Barrywhite8620:

can i learn programming language from,
http://www.w3schools.com

Yes but only web based languages. also, you would just learn the basics.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by kodewrita(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2011
You dont need books right now, You need a mentor.

Someone who's actually making money/ building great stuff with programming languages.

That will be more useful to you than trying to learn it in one week (next thing you know you'll be trying to build facebook the next week. All things must go thru a process of refinement).

Get someone who will not only teach you but show you how to enjoy it.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Mobinga: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^Story.

Just read some ebooks.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by lekside44(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2011
agi-tuedor:

Bro, can you tell the difference? Good programmer and professional.
yes, a good programmer can write codes so solve mathematical problems, input and output characters and numbers, write simple subroutine and block/ structured codes. a proffessional however can write a real world working applications.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by kodewrita(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2011
@Mobinga, I learnt on my own but I would have progressed faster if I had someone to mentor me. Went in a lot of useless directions before fully realizing WHY i wanted to program and WHAT kinds of applications I was interested in building.
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by mymathlab: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
I know the place to get help if stuck www.homeworkhelponline.net
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Donkunxex(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2014
Alexanda07:
Dear programmers, why is programming difficult. Please what is the easiest way to learn programming in just a week. Program language like PHP, java, c++, asp and so on. Why are they just difficult. Am just sometimes discouraged in learning them because of the fact that their tutorial materials are just too voluminous. please, someone should help me out. Those writing the tutorial, why cant they know their material is too large to understand. If they really want to help someone to learn program, let them provide good alternatives.
dats the reason why,u wanna bcome a program mer in just one week..... Get a mentor
Re: Why Is Programming Difficult? by Raypawer(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
it is not difficult, you just have to understand some things! then you are good to go with any language

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Post Ideas Here 4 Other Programmers / What Programming Language Is Used In Building PES? / Is This What Big IT Firms Do? Please Help Me Out Nairaland Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.