Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,442 members, 7,850,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News (33500 Views)

Mompha Released On Bail After 10 Weeks In EFCC Custody / Governor Abiodun Appoints Laycon As Youth Ambassador, Gives Him Bungalow & N5m / Naira Marley Granted Bail After 10 Days In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Yankee101: 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
Who paid them?
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by iscom(m): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
OK
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by osuofia2(m): 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
The good thing be say Ned has thought her a good lesson. Wearing burgwa doesn't make her religious, btw Jaruma is not a Muslim. Using Burwa to arose sympathy. Ogun go kill her there.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Oghene1st: 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oshodipikin:

I don't know the Jaruma of a gal and even the products she sales doesn't resonate and are a load of nonsense, but you here defending NED for a morsel of food is just an example of how low some hungry youths can go to feed their belly.

Ned don't know me, and I have not met him. I feed myself as a lawyer. No one feeds me. So your allegation doesn't hold water.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by gulfer: 3:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
I laugh when I think a whole former senator is allowing himself to be seen dancing in the market square by the manipulations of his teenage wife.....He should stay out of women matter abeg lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Oshodipikin: 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
Karemarealty288:
Ned is using slegde hammer to kill ant.....some issues are better ignored and leave to women. Every news about Ned no dey pass preek, toto and underage. AS FOR THE KAYAMATA WOMAN...
I recommend 48 Laws of Power for you especially "Chapter 19"

Chapter 19
Law Nineteen: Know Who You're Dealing with - Do Not Offend the Wrong Person.

The great grand daughter has pleaded with the ancestor to deal ruthlessly with Jaruma when the ancestor's gbola de swim inside the great grand daughter's kpekus.

At that level, I meant 7th heaven, ancestor can promise anything. Even men don't get themselves at that jigijigi level.

Don't blame the ancestor.... Kpekus get power, not to now talk of an under age 16yo

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2022
Them pay these ones… Cuz normally ain’t nobody got time for this sortta fvckkery grin
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Oshodipikin: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oghene1st:

Ned don't know me, and I have not met him. I feed myself as a lawyer. No one feeds me. So your allegation doesn't hold water.

grin grin No wonder... Charge and bail needs job from NED. Gbagbe e, you no go see shingba.

Better dust yourself up and defend better better people.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Indispensable85(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2022
AquaBekee:
JUST IN: Jaruma granted bail after 4 days in custody as youth protest against fake news, defamation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2QGEP-XL0

Controversial kayamatta dealer, Jaruma was on Friday granted bail by an Area Court in Zuba, Federal Capital Territory after four days in the custody of Nigeria Correctional Service.

She was earlier arrested and arraigned for offences bordering on drug dealing and defamation of the character of former House of Representatives member and philanthropist, Hon. Ned Nwoko.

The court had granted her bail under certain conditions while she prepares her defence.

This comes as youths stage a peaceful protest against fake news in the country, a practice they say has lead to the death of many.

The youths accused Jaruma of being a promoter of fake news, urging the court to use her as a scapegoat for others intending to engage in the nefarious act to learn their lessons.

They expressed concern that if fake news is not frontally dealt with, it will do the nation a lot of harm.

They say a greater Nigeria can only be achieved in an environment where people will be safe from unwarranted hate and attacks on the social media space.

With their placards bearing inscriptions like 'Jaruma is a promoter of fake news' 'Jaruma and her product is fake', 'Nigerians say no to fake news' and others the protesters insist that only justice for victims of fake news will deter the act.

They want the court to mete out to her adequate sanction for her act of peddling fake news.

The case has been adjourned to February 23, 2022.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/01/just-in-jaruma-granted-bail-after-4.html?m=1

Ned still dey hire protesters? Lol....
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by jaxxy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oghene1st:

Defamation is also criminal in nature. Section 373 -374 of the Criminal Code Act.

Depending on the issue and circumstances. Not every such issue is even classified as defamation.

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by angelfallz(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2022
She has not been convicted of anything, so she can't be an ex convict
speak2bella:
I hope she learns to control her mouth now. Whether she grew or not, she's already an ex-convict undecided
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by angelfallz(m): 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
She's a Muslim?
MisterMan123456:
She don rush go wear burqa. May Allah punish her there. Hypocrite.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Legalese(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2022
Need just behaving like the typical myopic and egotistical politician. Using unfortunate youths and their pseudo protest o try and coerse the court to do his bidding. P*ssy behaviour.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by angelfallz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2022
The bolded,
It does not happen only in Nigeria, it happens in the USA too.
If someone does not have money for bail, they likely would remain in custody
linearity:

An ex-convict is someone that has been convicted Oga crime by a court of law, her trial (if any) has not even started, how did she become an ex-convict?

Sleeping in a jail cell does not make one an ex-convict, in the Nigeria of today, anyone that does not have money can be made to sleep in a jail cell.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by angelfallz(m): 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
She's a Muslim?
Ishilove:
Jaruma remembered her burqa after Ned dealt with her. Yeyenatu
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Holluwhakemmy(f): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
Paid protest by Ned
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Carlyboi(m): 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Make that old man still continue to flex unnecessary muscles unto this small girl body I sure say If Buhari or dangote na this girl uncle na out of court them go settle am or dem go just ignore an or trade words for social media...ordinary dragging way she drag you you don go police station call court!Tueh!

And this stupid youths they use for this senseless paid protest needs their head and life examined...this is the genesis of been a failure in life when you’re paid crumbs by your oppressors to protest for a false and meaningless cause that adds no value to yourself or the society at large.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by socialmediaman: 4:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ekpoudom:

What is it with the process that you’re questioning? The invitation by the police? The detention? The right to detain granted by the courts? The arraignment in court? What exactly are you displeased with? Please explain to the world!

Explain because I owe you one? Go fix your nasty comments and entitlement mentality

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
delzbaba:
Ned turn this biatch to afghanistan masquerade
grin
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by socialmediaman: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ekpoudom:

Very typical. I knew you were empty and one of those who write first and then think later. You questioned her detention and arraignment and I questioned which part of it you have a problem with - all of a sudden, you try to turn it to a rofo-rofo. No wonder they say common sense is uncommon.

I guess being nasty with comments on social media is very normal for you. Then the effrontery to circle back and demand some explanation
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by afamaustin(m): 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
How much were the paid
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Ishilove: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
angelfallz:
She's a Muslim?
Yes, she is.

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by BafanaBafana: 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
teejayreal:
There's a invisible hand behind this paid protest. Let's watch and see what happens next
Definitely not Ned Nwoko. He is dealing with her like a billionaire would.
She has however stepped on so many toes in Abuja.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by BafanaBafana: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2022
Carlyboi:
Make that old man still continue to flex unnecessary muscles unto this small girl body I sure say If Buhari or dangote na this girl uncle na out of court them go settle am or dem go just ignore an or trade words for social media...ordinary dragging way she drag you you don go police station call court!Tueh!

And this stupid youths they use for this senseless paid protest needs their head and life examined...this is the genesis of been a failure in life when you’re paid crumbs by your oppressors to protest for a false and meaningless cause that adds no value to yourself or the society at large.
If Buhari or Dangote were her uncle she wouldn't behave the way she did na. Her ghetto character refused to leave her.
Or have you seen any relatives of Adeleke or Indimi or Otedola behaving like that?

1 Like

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Mrforexlord: 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
low know your mate
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
AquaBekee:
JUST IN: Jaruma granted bail after 4 days in custody as youth protest against fake news, defamation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2QGEP-XL0

Controversial kayamatta dealer, Jaruma was on Friday granted bail by an Area Court in Zuba, Federal Capital Territory after four days in the custody of Nigeria Correctional Service.

She was earlier arrested and arraigned for offences bordering on drug dealing and defamation of the character of former House of Representatives member and philanthropist, Hon. Ned Nwoko.

The court had granted her bail under certain conditions while she prepares her defence.

This comes as youths stage a peaceful protest against fake news in the country, a practice they say has lead to the death of many.

The youths accused Jaruma of being a promoter of fake news, urging the court to use her as a scapegoat for others intending to engage in the nefarious act to learn their lessons.

They expressed concern that if fake news is not frontally dealt with, it will do the nation a lot of harm.

They say a greater Nigeria can only be achieved in an environment where people will be safe from unwarranted hate and attacks on the social media space.

With their placards bearing inscriptions like 'Jaruma is a promoter of fake news' 'Jaruma and her product is fake', 'Nigerians say no to fake news' and others the protesters insist that only justice for victims of fake news will deter the act.

They want the court to mete out to her adequate sanction for her act of peddling fake news.

The case has been adjourned to February 23, 2022.

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/01/just-in-jaruma-granted-bail-after-4.html?m=1

So people demonstrated against Jaruma at Zuba. For people in Lagos, Zuba is a transit rural community to Kaduna on the East and Suleja/Minna on the North while Gwagwalada is on the West side. I saw a woman in Purdah .

The demonstration was organised by one of the numerous local NGOs in Abuja. The Gwarri people who are the Native Indigenous people of Abuja are minority in Abuja. Most of the local NGOs , businesses and population of people in Abuja are dominated by people who defended their kinsman at all cost irrespective of issues at stake. I wish them well.

If Dangote or Abdulsamad Rabiu were involved in this matter, I don't think Jaruma would have been in prison. If Otedola or Mike Adenuga were involved in this matter, I don't think there would have been a demonstration against Jaruma on the day she was to be bailed. Where are the noise makers on social media since Jaruma was docked at Suleja? That is what is happening politically in Nigeria. It is making people to be very conscious before making decisions on Presidency.
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by snipernigga(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2022
This people want to send Jaruma and kayanmata on exile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2022
PROPEACE:
What Jaruma did was wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that these 'protesting' hungry youth were paid! grin May God not put us through the humiliation of allowing ourselves to serve the ignoble role of a hired crowd, working for Nigerian big men, protesting not because we believe in the cause but because we were paid to protest.
I don't think it's such a bad idea being paid to protest against something that is universally agreed to be wrong.
If the devil can pay people to take a position in support of devilish things, why is it so bad to accept payment to protest against something very wrong
Just my idea anyway
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Oghene1st: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2022
jaxxy:

Depending on the issue and circumstances. Not every such issue is even classified as defamation.

Okay. Which one is not classified as criminal. Give an example!
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Tobidarker02: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ekpoudom:

You are stupid for that senseless statement. Someone wrote false things on social media against a man who was innocent of all her allegations and here you are displaying your lack of home training.

Let the court use her as a scape goat and that will encourage others who e-rats like you who hide behind keyboards on social media to deliberately malign to ensure the law deals with you.
Can't you make your point without hurling insults?
Ghosh
Too many manner less people on this forum
Re: Jaruma Granted Bail After 4 Days In Custody As Youth Protest Against Fake News by Oghene1st: 4:48pm On Jan 28, 2022
Oshodipikin:

grin grin No wonder... Charge and bail needs job from NED. Gbagbe e, you no go see shingba.

Better dust yourself up and defend better better people.

Lol. Funny you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo: "Bobrisky Can't Be Arrested Just For Saying He Is Gay" / Demi Lovato Comes Out As Non-Binary (Video) / Emoney Makes A Fashion Statement In New Instagram Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.