Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive (25551 Views)

Mahdi Shehu Discovers Illegal Gold Mining Site Owned By Ex-Governor In Zamfara / Uche Ogah: No Going Back On Capital Punishment For Illegal Gold Miners / Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Niece: 3:53pm On Jan 28, 2022
SIX persons died when an illegal gold stone mine in Umai community, Biase Local Government Area of Cross River State, collapsed.

Reports from the area, which is about 80 kilometres from Calabar, indicates that the mine which is several feet deep, collapsed on Wednesday killing six of the miners while others escaped.

Mrs Ada Charles Egwu, Chairman of Biase Local Government Area, who visited the area, said the activities of illegal miners in the area was worrisome and called on security agents to beef up surveillance on the sites to forestall further mishaps.

“The purpose of this visit is to assess the activities of the illegal miners and also see for myself the collapsed site that took the lives of six young men so early in the year,” she said.

The Council Chairman said she was saddened by the death of the youths whoses lives had been cut short, while struggling to make ends meet and also described the tragic death as unfortunate.

“My heart goes out to their families on behalf of my family and the good people of Biase Local Government Area over this pathetic development,” she added.

She promised to set up a panel to investigate the incident for appropriate action to be taken, to forestall further incidents

She called on security agencies to seal off the place and arrest anyone who disobeys the order to stay away from the mine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/6-buried-alive-as-illegal-gold-mine-collapses-in-cross-river/amp/

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by PrinceOfLagos: 3:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
This is not good
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by SadiqBabaSani: 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
If there Gold in that Community let them find better way to access that Gold and Mine evry bit of it... nothing fr FraudFedgoment

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by SadiqBabaSani: 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2022
RIp to the Dead
If there Gold in that Community let them find better way to access that Gold and Mine evry bit of it... nothing fr FraudFedgoment

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by AntiBMC(m): 4:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
There's gold in Cross River? This is news to me.

They better keep the gold for themselves, the way Zamfara is eating their own gold alone.

RIP to the dead.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
Is it right to pity them? undecided

Maybe if we consider the lives involved sha undecided
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Totilopussylick(m): 4:10pm On Jan 28, 2022
Those ones died as a result of selfishness

May their souls find p.......
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Oxb90: 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
There are some jobs that i can not do, this is one of them. Mining is an extremely dangerous job to engage in.

I can't imagine the earth opening its mouth to mouth to swallow me.

May God forbid!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by mustmust(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
I can relate. A close family firend acquired 50 hectares in biase lately. God help u no mineral is found in your land. You won't be able to control the crowd that will troop in these

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by BKayy: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
Justice has been served

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Aboks(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
That is iron ore aka kuza

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Karemarealty288(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
Get rich of die trying......

9 Likes

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by tutudesz: 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
undecided
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Kriss216: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2022
BKayy:

You Northerners and Parasitism eh?
Funny enough, this your comment is what will run through 90% of Northerners brain when they see the news.

Zamfara Gold is for Arewa future but Cross Rivers Gold should be mined to the last bit. Na idiots wey dey give una chance I dey pity.
We Sabi each other.
But, the guy was in support of the Gold mine in Cross river. Why attacking him?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by RenaissanceGuy: 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2022
BKayy:

Funny enough, this your comment is what will run through 99% of Northerners brain when they see the news.

Zamfara Gold is for Arewa future but Cross Rivers Gold should be mined to the last bit. Na idiots wey dey give una chance I dey pity.
We Sabi each other.
First and foremost, the person you quoted is an Igbo guy masquerading as a northerner. Secondly, he says the indigenes should mine it themselves instead of allowing the FG to do so. But your hatefilled belly for other tribes wouldn't allow you to see these clear facts.

29 Likes

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Truammashton: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2022
Rip
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by slickbak(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2022
Them don die ooo
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by eyeses: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
Rip to the lives lost embarassed
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Chai. So sad. That's too Untimely. They might just be trapped.
No burial ceremony embarassed
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Emuforlife1: 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2022
Illegal goldmines all over the country yet the federal government kept shouting "diversification".
BKayy:

Funny enough, this your comment is what will run through 99% of Northerners brain when they see the news.

We Sabi each other.
.Steewpid OKORO qouting another steewpid OKORO while bringing Northerners within.
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by dugodo: 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2022
So sad
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Antoeni(m): 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
Keep Mining till we meet to mine No more

2 Likes

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
RIPP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Lamasta(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
RIP they died trying to mine their resources

1 Like

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by WibusJaga: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2022

RIP to the dead.
Every region should be made to develop & control its resources.
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by visijo(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Chai what a bad way to die

Feed him heavily such that he won’t have space for junk food on the streets Otherwise this post isn’t about food�
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by cassidy1996(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
See Bleep up
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by gambia(m): 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
Monkey making ain't easy men.
Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Southernigbo: 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
so every region has gold and they all mine it lowkey mining, but when tragedy strikes they cry out for help

3 Likes

Re: Illegal Gold Mine Collapses In Cross River, Six Buried Alive by Sleekfingers: 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Apologises To Clerics Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Hunger Protests: Why Tinubu Can’t Govern Like Buhari By Farooq A. Kperogi / Buratai Meets With Military Officers In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.