Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage (42460 Views)

A Mad Man Told Me This, Can I Take It Serious / Man Told His Girlfriend He Was Broke Jokingly, She Sends Him N100K / Wedding Pictures Of An Elderly Man With A Teenage Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Remman(m): 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
He is only clowning around due to the gift.. grin
Looking at human psychology people say things to make you feel great....

You are more likely to be praised when you offer someone a gift so don't be decieved by mere words.. undecided

He is speaking from a traditional and moral angle which anyone can say..don't take his words..
Be yourself and do what you want cos only you know what you want for yourself.. wink
what's wrong in what the man said?

Nikola Tesla asked "how many great inventions was done by a married man?"

Marriage is a serious set back for anyone who wants to go further. Most world richest men get divorced after becoming wealthy and you'll see them investing and excelling even more. However, marrying an industrial woman can be an added advantage but most women are big liabilities. They will finish a man. Women wants all your money to come to them and not to your dreams. Your dream is supposed to be your first wife but woman won't let you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Worksunlimited: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
Today one Elderly Man that's in late 80s came to my shop in the morning to patronize me . He was happy with me he bought a bottle of Hot drink and I offered a small bottle of dry Gin in appreciation and a New year gift.
He uttered some words of prayer for me , lastly he told me I'll be great in my business that I will grow in heights . He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning.

This is spiritual I'm From Igbo and I strongly believe in Tradition this got to do with tradition think deep.

What do you guys think about it

And some Dan Adams will come and be telling me, tradition and culture is a sham from the past and doesn't hold water in this day and time
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Dreytonisback(m): 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Also remember that foolish people also grow old

Lights up my kpoli in peace

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Remman:
what's wrong in what the man said?

Nikola Tesla asked "how many great inventions was done by a married man?"

Marriage is a serious set back for anyone who wants to go further. Most world richest men get divorced after becoming wealthy and you'll see them investing and excelling even more. However, marrying an industrial woman can be an added advantage but most women are big liabilities. They will finish a man.
Nothing wrong with what he said but he's only clowning around..

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Sikariyelwa: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ADVISE ONE CAN EVER GET,BUT IBO CUTURE/TRADITION ACCEPT PREGNANCY BEFORE MARRIAGE AS NORMAL.THERE SEEMS TO BE NOTHING LIKE BASTARD IN IBO LAND.. WEDDING OR NO WEDDING SEX IS COMMON AND NORMAL.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SoapQueen(f): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
nonny1212:
DM me let's locate and do some tests

I can't even picture myself "doing" a toothpick.

Boy bye!!!

3 Likes

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by nonny1212: 10:02pm On Jan 28, 2022
Jmichael1:

my kind of person,i must taste wetin i wn pay 4 ooh...
Swears bro. I saw another thread where a man is complaining of a dry well.

These arr things we need to check before purchasing packages, length, width, water level.

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by nonny1212: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
SoapQueen:

I can't even picture myself "doing" a toothpick.

Boy bye!!!
Hian.. nobody wants to fvck you. I said let's do some tests. I jus wanna dip my finger grin grin
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by GodIsBiafran: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
If he is really wise, he would have told you NOT to get married.

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by elsiusgr8t(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
I just tire oo Man, what he told me is just opposite of my plan. I have wanted to get a girl pregnant before going to see the parents.

As much as you can follow that advice..

Above all..... put am for prayer

Good luck
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Bignuell(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning.
This is it for me. Watch how somepeople come and tell you otherwise. All the ones wey we dey test, we don marry them. The right way is to pay her dowry, take her in as your wife and pregnant her. But we're doing in backwards, testing, testing. At OP, the right way is the best way but you can do it your own way then come to nairaland and continue to wail cheesy
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Jeffyblaq(m): 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2022
Amojii:
Married is a scam
B4 u call it a scam..

Note pls. It is called marriage not married.

Ok

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Munzy14(m): 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
Iyaebe:
You better adhere strictly to all he told you. Most people don't know the implications of sex before marriage,it's way beyond common knowledge.
Na so...Even car engines are tested before you proceed to payment. grin

Not checking compatibility has created room for extra marital stuffs.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by socialmediaman: 10:07pm On Jan 28, 2022
FILEBE:

I wish I can agree fully with you on the bolded. Even as I don't see any correlation between success and the choice of a partner, something in me, deep down believes a wife can affect a man's success unknowingly

Not that the woman determines whether you’ll be successful or not, but your choices can be influenced by her. At the end of the day, they’re still your choices. You made the choice. When you go to the Bible stories for instance, Samson made a choice on Delilah, he was responsible at the end of the day, though Delilah played a big role, which goes back to my original post which I encourage you to read again
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SoapQueen(f): 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
nonny1212:
Hian.. nobody wants to fvck you. I said let's do some tests. I jus wanna dip my finger grin grin

It's a good thing you know your D is equivalent to a finger.

Take heart.

Goodnight

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by chaloskyx: 10:09pm On Jan 28, 2022
STORY WHAT WILL BE WILL BE
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Munzy14:

Na so...Even car engines are tested before you proceed to payment. grin

Not checking compatibility has created room for extra marital stuffs.
Abegii,there's no justification for this.Sex outside marriage bad
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SarutobiEky(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Look I am not in for this petty talks aiit..if you really don't have something to say just let me be..
really now??
You been cancelling my posts all day now you're gonna act like you didn't do anything? undecided huh?
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by SarutobiEky(m): 10:13pm On Jan 28, 2022
Iyaebe:
Abegii,there's no justification for this.Sex outside marriage bad
iya igbe (shit) when will you quit? grin cheesy
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by bluefilm: 10:14pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
[s]Today one Elderly Man that's in late 80s came to my shop in the morning to patronize me . He was happy with me he bought a bottle of Hot drink and I offered a small bottle of dry Gin in appreciation and a New year gift. He uttered some words of prayer for me , lastly he told me I'll be great in my business that I will grow in heights . He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning. This is spiritual I'm From Igbo and I strongly believe in Tradition this got to do with tradition think deep.What do you guys think about it[/s]

Absolute Nonsense. angry
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by FILEBE(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
socialmediaman:

Not that the woman determines whether you’ll be successful or not, but your choices can be influenced by her. At the end of the day, they’re still your choices. You made the choice. When you go to the Bible stories for instance, Samson made a choice on Delilah, he was responsible at the end of the day, though Delilah played a big role, which goes back to my original post which I encourage you to read again

I was talking about the bolded .

Read through your comment and you said they both enjoyed the sex, the woman has his reset button(sex). I want to give you reason why this can't be a point with an question. I am sure that you know how we have many children being born in a slum to a parent . How does this happen if they don't enjoy the sex frequently.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by nonny1212: 10:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
SoapQueen:

It's a good thing you know your D is equivalent to a finger.

Take heart.

Goodnight
Mtchwww, you talk too much.. something you will come and collect finger and squirt your life out.

Get dipped and be happy

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by seanwilliam(m): 10:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
FILEBE:

I wish I can agree fully with you on the bolded. Even as I don't see any correlation between success and the choice of a partner, something in me, deep down believes a wife can affect a man's success unknowingly
same here bro
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Exedyne: 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:
Today one Elderly Man that's in late 80s came to my shop in the morning to patronize me . He was happy with me he bought a bottle of Hot drink and I offered a small bottle of dry Gin in appreciation and a New year gift.
He uttered some words of prayer for me , lastly he told me I'll be great in my business that I will grow in heights . He advised me to be very careful in choosing a girl to marry that I shouldn't pregnant a girl before going to see the parents and pay for bride price that I shouldn't even have sex with her , that a woman I marry will determine if I'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life . I just dey reason the talk since morning.

This is spiritual I'm From Igbo and I strongly believe in Tradition this got to do with tradition think deep.

He is right. Please investigate the person you marry. Some people can literally ruin a persons life by marriage.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by socialmediaman: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
FILEBE:

I was talking about the bolded .

Read through your comment and you said they both enjoyed the sex, the woman has his reset button(sex). I want to give you reason why this can't be a point with an question. I am sure that you know how we have many children being born in a slum to a parent . How does this happen if they don't enjoy the sex frequently.

In reference to the reset key, a woman could choose not to start an argument with you just when you’re about to go prepare for your presentation, and she could choose to remind you in your weak moment that you have a presentation the next day and should maybe finish that first before sex to avoid getting exhausted. This doesn’t mean she’s responsible for your choice, but it means that she has a choice to put your presentation or her satisfaction first.

At the bolded, what I meant was clear, she lives with you everyday which means that you’ll have to consider her in the choices that you make, which could be positive or negative depending on the outcome. For instance, if you get a job that needs some travel but with opportunities for rapid growth, if your wife says no because she’s insecure or doesn’t want you to be traveling for work, that may influence your decision to take up the job or not

1 Like

Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
SarutobiEky:
iya igbe (shit) when will you quit? grin cheesy
Quit what?
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by iExplore(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

That was why I said he is speaking from that angle which anyone can say..it all revolves around human psyche.. cheesy

You are more likely to give him a gift when next he comes cos why he told you something which you believe in...
Mind games
.. wink

First time you ever made sense.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by VIKTO83(m): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2022
Those haggered looking old drunks are good at that.
Give them lift on d way and hear them prophesy upon ur life.
But them more drinks and see them enter into d spirit realm.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Testimony1988(m): 10:37pm On Jan 28, 2022
He said the right thing, but for him to be taking hot drink at that age, I don't understand.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Goldbw122(m): 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:

That is the truth, your future wife can be your downfall or your uprising, watch empire you will understand.
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by Misterdhee1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2022
Iyaebe:
You better adhere strictly to all he told you. Most people don't know the implications of sex before marriage,it's way beyond common knowledge.
Shut up abeg. Most successful men didn't just have sex before marriage, they also have sex outside of their respective marriages. Make Una stop this black man black lies abeg
Re: What An Elderly Man Told Me About Marriage by musicwriter(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2022
betcliq:

Nope bro isn't about the gift . What he said about marriage is somehow a fact in Igbo land is not proper to got a girl pregnant before going to see her parents.

What I can guarantee you is that the part he said "a woman you marry will determine if you'll be more successful or encounter challenges in Life."

That part is applicable to every married man because your wife can give you an idea that can make you extremely rich if you take her advise. You can also become very poor if you fail to take her advise.

That's one of the many riddles the ancient people were trying to tell humanity in the Adam and Eve story in the book of Genesis. Indeed, humanity became smarter and multiplied throughout the world because Adam did the right thing by taking the wife's advise to eat the fruit of knowledge. Unfortunately, that story has been misunderstood and the message lost due to religious nonsense. When understood properly, that Genesis creation story is actually the most important story in the bible and that's what the old man was intuitively telling you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ex Is Stalking Me And My Wife On Social Media / Groom's Reaction After Opening Bride's Veil (Video) / Why Is It Very Difficult To Find A Woman Who Possesses All The Qualities (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.