Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? (32511 Views)

Why Can't The Igbo's And The Yoruba's Don't Agree For Once? / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? / Are You Proud To Be Black, African, Nigerian, Cameroonian, Igbo? Well, Not Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 1:22am On Jan 23, 2015
Maakhir:
@Puntite

I'm sorry, I know that my rebuttal came a day later than promised but here it is

My friend, the hadith that Anas ibn Malik reported in Sahih al-Bukhari can be mentioned as a very light tan as he said he was[b] not brown nor white but rather whitish[/b].

Anas Ibn Malik RA said: "He had broad palms and his colour was bright. He was neither white nor brown, rather he was whitish at the time of his death, in both his head and beard there were as many as twenty grey hairs, beside some grey hair at his temples." Sahih Al-Bukhari 1/502

When Arabs used to use the word brown they used to mean it as people of bronze (tan) skin.

The Prophet SAW already gave us the interpretation of his dream. I know the Prophet didn't lie, he was Al-Ameen and in the Quran it says that he only ever said what came down upon him as revelation and nothing that ever came from his own desires

In every culture a black sheep represents something unique and rare and white sheep are something of a common occurence. The Prophet likened the Arabs to the Black sheep and the white ones to the Persians.

If he was literally referring to the Arabs as black, then he would also literally be referring to them as sheep.

The dreams of the Prophet SAW always took on a deeper meaning eg.

The Prophet SAW in a dream saw two bracelets on his arm and he found them unsettling, so he blew them off his arm,
That dream was interpreted by the Prophet SAW as: The two bracelets were the Liar of Yemen and the Liar of Yamamah, and as to him blowing them off, that meant that they would be a easy problem to remove.

The two liars were: Al-Aswad al-Ansi and Musaylamah Al-Kathaab (the kunya the Prophet gave him eg. Musaylamah the Liar) and his dream came to be true as Al-Aswad was killed while the Prophet was dying and Musaylamah died soon after.

If we went by your logic both men would be gold bracelets cheesy cheesy

In addition, people of dark skin were not referred to as brown, they were referred to as Black, Aswad. Even the dark-skinned Arabs such as Al-Aswad al-Ansi.

Again I will emphasise this point: When Arabs used to use the word brown they used to mean it as people of bronze (tan) skin.

And in one of your posts you said something similar to the effect of would our ancestors accept deen from a white man, so yes you were being arrogant and mixing pride with deen.

The Arabs were definitely of the Semitic branch in the Afro-Asiatic family, not Cushtic. No point in trying to claim them, they are just like every other human.

Bro as I showed you above an arab from quraish being described as black even nick named him charcoal. The Arabs were described under all the shades of brown, asmar aswad adam and jetblack.

The Arabs said the buffalo is asmar. Then by your definition the buffalo must be white
To let all the deniers; know, again that according to the ancient arabs the color of the buffalo which is considered asmar would be called white also

والأقهبان : الفيل والجاموس ، وكل ذلك متقارب
alaqhabaan(the two aqhabs): The elephant and the water buffalo and all that is within range of another(in lisanul arab it says they the two aqhabs because of their color)

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 1:25am On Jan 23, 2015
As you can see, this girl's complexion is the color of this buffalo:

Asmar does not mean tanned!

This is what an asmar complexion is. Anyone the color of this buffalo or near the color of this buffalo is asmar complexioned. For example, this person is asmar complexioned

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 1:35am On Jan 23, 2015
The Arabs considered their complexion black up until the 10nth century.

I dont believe in those racist white skinned imams.

I take what the Arabs of the past said here is a description of the Arabs according to reliable scholar of the past

Al-Mubarrad said: "The Arabs used to take pride in their asmar and black complexion and they used to hate a red (white) color and very fair color and they said that it was the color of the Persians."قال المبرد"العرب كانت تفتخر بالسمرة و السواد و كانت تكره الحمرة و الشقرة و تقول انها من ألوان العجم"

Al-Mubarrad (826 CE - 898 CE)He is Mohamed ibn Yazid ibn Abdel Akbar Al-Thamaali Al-Azdi (from Azd Shanua). He was known as Al-Mubarrad. He was the Imam of the Arabic language in Baghdad during his time. He was one of the Imams of literature and history. This is what the scholars say about him:The scholars consider him trustworthy.Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi said that he (Al-Mubarrad) was knowledgeable, outstanding, trustworthy in his narrations.Ibn Kathir said that he was trustworty and reliable in what he relates.Yaqout said that he was the Imam of the Arabic language and the Sheikh of the grammarians in Baghdad and all scholars of Baghdad went to him for learning after Al-Jurmi and Al-Maazini. هو محمد بن يزيد بن عبد الاكبر الثمالي الازدي أبو العباس المعروف بالمبرد : امام العربية ببغداد في زمنه ، واحد أئمة الأدب والأخبار . ماذا قال العلماء فيه؟أقوال العلماء فيه:"وقد وثقه العلماء وأصحاب الجرح والتعديل؛ فقال عنه "الخطيب البغدادي":"كان عالمًا فاضلا موثوقًا في الرواية". وقال "ابن كثير": "كان ثقة ثَبَتًا فيما ينقله". وقال "القفطي": "كان أبو العباس محمد بن يزيد من العلم وغزارة الأدب، وكثرة الحفظ، وحسن الإشارة، وفصاحة اللسان، وبراعة البيان، وملوكية المجالسة، وكرم العشرة، وبلاغة المكاتبة، وحلاوة المخاطبة، وجودة الخط، وصحة العزيمة، وقرب الإفهام، ووضوح الشرح، وعذوبة المنطق؛ على ما ليس عليه أحد ممن تقدمه أو تأخر عنه". وقال: "ياقوت": "كان إمام العربية، وشيخ أهل النحو ببغداد، وإليه انتهى علماؤها بعد الجرمي والمازني". وقال: "الزبيدي": "كان بارعًا في الأدب وكثرة الحفظ والفصاحة وجودة الخط".

[img]http://savethetruearabs.proboards.com/attachment/download/8[/img]
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Maakhir(m): 4:42am On Jan 23, 2015
Barbari:
As you can see, this girl's complexion is the color of this buffalo:

Asmar does not mean tanned!

This is what an asmar complexion is. Anyone the color of this buffalo or near the color of this buffalo is asmar complexioned. For example, this person is asmar complexioned

a. That is not a arab girl,
b. She would be called Aswad, the Habasha slaves at the time of the prophet were referred to as such by the Quraish,
3. it's weak how you base your entire opinion on one source.
4. Asmar refers to bronze skinned people.

I would not rely on Information on Tarikh at-Tabari as it is considered weak.

I mentioned a hadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari and you quoted Al-Tabari? Damn you must be desperate to claim the arabs grin
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 8:11am On Jan 23, 2015
Maakhir:

a. That is not a arab girl,
b. She would be called Aswad, the Habasha slaves at the time of the prophet were referred to as such by the Quraish,
3. it's weak how you base your entire opinion on one source.
4. Asmar refers to bronze skinned people.

I would not rely on Information on Tarikh at-Tabari as it is considered weak.

I mentioned a hadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari and you quoted Al-Tabari? Damn you must be desperate to claim the arabs grin

Bro the Hadith is credible. What you fail to realize is that the Arabs of the past called the buffalo asmar and white as you can see clearly the buffalo is black.

Look at the classical dictionary it Say dark brown.

The habesha slaves were reffered to such?
As were the arabs.

Most of the slaves were white persians.

The arabs you see today are persian and armenians.

The arabs of the past were much like the darkskinned mahra arabs
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2015
Barbari:

Bro the Hadith is credible. What you fail to realize is that the Arabs of the past called the buffalo asmar and white as you can see clearly the buffalo is black.

Look at the classical dictionary it Say dark brown.

Google asmar complexion and look at the pictures that pop up.

The habesha slaves were reffered to such?
As were the arabs.

Most of the slaves were white persians.

The arabs you see today are persian and armenians.

The arabs of the past were much like the darkskinned mahra arabs
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
SILENCED!!!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by barwaaqo: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 3:32am On Jan 25, 2015
barwaaqo:

https://www.nairaland.com/2098975/pool-resources-arabian-forums

EVEN MORE SILENCE IS GREAT

So you agree as well? That the Arabs of the past were no different than horn of Africans?
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by barwaaqo: 3:44am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:

So you agree as well? That the Arabs of the past were no different than horn of Africans?

I AGREE there should be more silence I agree with that 100% cool
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by barwaaqo: 3:51am On Jan 25, 2015
Why should I care if they are no different than horners today?

As far as I'm concerned they can KEEP THEIR BOOT.IES on the other side of the red sea
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by barwaaqo: 3:52am On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 3:52am On Jan 25, 2015
barwaaqo:

I AGREE there should be more silence I agree with that 100% cool
Go suck the arab d you bastard.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by barwaaqo: 4:00am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Maakhir(m): 5:05am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:
SILENCED!!!

No, I haven't been 'SILENCED!!!' I'm just a bit busy right now.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Maakhir(m): 5:08am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:

Damn your desperate to be accepted by them, it's really affecting you.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Maakhir(m): 5:10am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:

Damn your desperate to be accepted by them, it's really affecting you.

So you want her to join you in your homos*xu@lity?

Cause your the only one here doing that
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Barbari: 5:43am On Jan 25, 2015
Maakhir:

No, I haven't been 'SILENCED!!!' I'm just a bit busy right now.

Yeah right! You white arab worshipper.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Maakhir(m): 9:57am On Jan 25, 2015
Barbari:

Yeah right! You white arab worshipper.

Not everyone spends their life on a forum,

unlike you, I have a life outside of the internet and circumstances in my life have made me busy

The funny thing is you of all people are accusing some-one of worshipping Arabs after the statement above ^^

I do not worship Arabs, the fact is well known that the Prophet was white and not black, yet you keep running after a group that have nothing, nor want anything to do with you. Face the facts.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

unlike you, I have a life outside of the internet and circumstances in my life have made me busy

The funny thing is you of all people are accusing some-one of worshipping Arabs after the statement above ^^

I do not worship Arabs, the fact is well known that the Prophet was white and not black, yet you keep running after a group that have nothing, nor want anything to do with you. Face the facts.

Man rotten people banned me , im back! i actually dont care about arabs i run after my own group the descandents of Samaale. Its ironic i am trying to sever the connection between somalis and modern day persian armenian arabs, by proving that the prophet and the arabs of the past was same us. They practice the same culture and look no different than us. I wanna get rid of this mix nonsense and get rid of the confusion about darood and isaaq. I preach separiation and cherish ur own unique identity.

Do you think i give a Bleep about modern day arab? until this very day i have not had a single arab friend aquitance or anything. Everything is with the hometeam the somalis.

i want somalis to not adopt this fake arabic culture and stick to their own stuff.

Back to topic Read the hadith! it says the prophet was asmar and read what white means in arabic. White in arabic is a complexion free of blemish. when they would call be white they said (red). Face facts you white arab butt licker!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 1:03am On Jan 27, 2015
Maakhir:

Here is another fact for you! The book called (''The Arabs'') this is written by a White arab, so ur black claiming crap doesnt work!

The Pure Arabs and the East Africans are indeed kith and kin. Bertram Thomas, historian and former Prime Minister of Muscat and Oman, reported in his work ‘The Arabs’:

“The original inhabitants of Arabia…were not the familiar Arabs of our time but a very much darker people. A proto-negroid belt of mankind stretched across the ancient world from Africa to Malaya. This belt…(gave) rise to the Hamitic peoples of Africa, to the Dravidian peoples of India, and to an intermediate dark people inhabiting the Arabian peninsula. In the course of time two big migrations of fair-skinned peoples came from the north…to break through and transform the dark belt of man beyond India (and) to drive a wedge between India and Africa…The more virile invaders overcame the dark-skinned peoples, absorbing most of them, driving others southwards…The cultural condition of the newcomers is unknown. It is unlikely that they were more than wild hordes of adventurous hunters.”

here is his book
https://books.google.no/books?id=kyEYngEACAAJ&dq=bertram+thomas+the+arabs&hl=no&sa=X&ei=eNXGVKPHGYfDOfLSgNgH&ved=0CCQQ6AEwAQ
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Ancient Egypt was a BLACK AFRICAN civilization.

Narmer, Pharaoh, 1st Dynasty - 3,600 BC

Seti I

King Sahure 5th Dynasty (2458-2446 B.C.)
Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Bes. Deity. 600 BC

Nefertiti

Middle Kingdom, about 2040-1750 BC

6th Dynasty. Around 2200 BC

[img]http://oi.uchicago.edu/gallery/asp_egypt_bahri/bahri08.png[/img]
[img]http://oi.uchicago.edu/gallery/asp_egypt_habu/habu28.png[/img]

From the tomb of King Tutunkhamun

Painted limestone relief showing two Princesses shaking sistrums. Excavated from a chapel called the 'Weben Ateb' at the Great Temple in Amarna in 1932. Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York.

Tomb of Rameses III

Tomb of Pharaoh Horemheb

Another new kingdom tomb, Rameses VII: (KV1)

Tomb of Paheri

[img]http://www.inicia.es/de/alex_herrero_pardo/Najtmin_prof_mayor.jpg[/img]
Prophet of Min & Isis Najtmin:

Tomb of Nakht

[img]http://www.arts.kuleuven.be/egyptology/Henu/tomb_statue.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/~hfairchi/courses/Fall2002/EGYPTSLIDES2_files/slide0015_image018.jpg?SSImageQuality=Full[/img]

[img]http://www.bu.edu/anep/570.gif[/img]

Tomb of king Tutunkhamun

Pharaoh Taharqa

[img]http://egyptphoto.ncf.ca/em23_640.jpg[/img]
Statue of King Nebhepetre II Mentuhotep

The Sphinx

Around 1785 Volney stated, "When I visited the sphinx...on seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features, I remembered...Herodotus says: "...the Egyptians...are black with woolly hair"...". Another early description of a "Negroid" Sphinx is recorded in the travel notes of a French scholar, who visited in Egypt between 1783 and 1785, Constantin-François Chassebœuf along with French novelist Gustave Flaubert.

American geologist Robert M. Schoch has written that the "Sphinx has a distinctive African, Nubian, or Negroid aspect...''
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient...ce_controversy

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 27, 2015
THE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE

Note: All of Africa South of the Sahara was known to the ancient Greeks as ''Ethiopia''.

Greek historian Diodorus Siculus. From his own statements we learn that he traveled in Egypt around 60 BC. His travels in Egypt probably took him as far south as the first Cataract.

"They (the Ethiopians) say also that the Egyptians are colonists sent out by the Ethiopians, Osiris ["King of Kings and God of Gods] having been the leader of the colony . . . they add that the Egyptians have received from them, as from authors and their ancestors, the greater part of their laws."

Diodorus's declared intention to trace the origins of the cult of Osiris, alias the Greek Dionysus also commonly known by his Roman name Bacchus. The Homeric Hymn "To Dionysus" locates the birth of Dionysus in a mysterious city of Nysa "near the streams of Aegyptus" (Hesiod 287). Diodorus cites this reference as well as the ancient belief that Dionysus was the son of Ammon, king of Libya (3.68.1), and much of Book 3 of the Bibliotheka Historica is devoted to the intertwined histories of Dionysus and the god-favored Ethiopians whom he believed to be the originators of Egyptian civilization.  [emphasis added]

(1st century B.C., Diodorus Siculus of Sicily, Greek historian and contemporary of Caesar Augustus, Universal History Book III. 2. 4-3. 3)

Diodorus devoted an entire chapter of his world history, the Bibliotheke Historica, or Library of History (Book 3), to the Kushites ["Aithiopians"] of Meroe. Here he repeats the story of their great piety, their high favor with the gods, and adds the fascinating legend that they were the first of all men created by the gods and were the founders of Egyptian civilization, invented writing, and had given the Egyptians their religion and culture. (3.3.2).

"Now they relate that of all people the Aithiopians [Ethiopians] were the earliest, and say that the proofs of this are clear. That they did not arrive as immigrants but are the natives of the country and therefore rightly are called authochthonous is almost universally accepted. That those who live in the South are likely to be the first engendered by the earth is obvious to all. For as it was the heat of the sun that dried up the earth while it was still moist, at the time when everything came into being, and caused life, they say it is probable that it was the region closest to the sun that first bore animate beings".

[160,000-year-old fossilized skulls uncovered in Ethiopia are oldest anatomically modern humans.]

Diodorus continues:

[b]"They further write that it was among them that people were first taught to honor the gods and offer sacrifices and arrange processions and festivals and perform other things by which people honor the divine. For this reason their piety is famous among all men, and the sacrifices among the Aithiopians are believed to be particularly pleasing to the divinity,"

"The Aithiopians [Ethiopians] say that the Egyptians are settlers from among themselves and that Osiris was the leader of the settlement.The customs of the Egyptians, they say, are for the most part Aithiopian, the settlers having preserved their old traditions. For to consider the kings gods, to pay great attention to funeral rites, and many other things, are Aithiopian practices, and also the style of their statues and the form of their writing are Aithiopian. Also the way the priestly colleges are organized is said to be the same in both nations. For all who have to do with the cult of the gods, they maintain, are [ritually] pure: the priests are shaved in the same way, they have the same robes and the type of scepter shaped like a plough, which also the kings have, who use tall pointed felt hats ending in a knob, with the snakes that they call the asp (aspis) coiled round them."

"There are also numerous other Aithiopian tribes [i.e. besides those centered at Meroe]; some live along both sides of the river Nile and on the islands in the river, others dwell in the regions that border on Arabia [i.e. to the east], others again have settled in the interior of Libya [i.e. to the west]. The majority of these tribes, in particular those who live along the river, have black skin, snub-nosed faces, and curly hair".
[/b]

(Diodous Siculus, Bibliotheke, 3. Translated by Tomas Hagg, in Fontes Historiae Nubiorum, vol. II: From the Mid-Fifth to the First Century BC (Bergen, Norway, 1996))

Aristotle (384-322 B.C.E.) Greek philosopher, scientist, and tutor to Alexander the Great.

Aristotle is said to have written 150 philosophical treatises.

"Too black a hue marks the coward as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians and so does also too white a complexion as you may see from women, the complexion of courage is between the two."

(Physiognomics, Vol. VI, 812a)

Aristotle makes reference to the hair form of Egyptians and Ethiopians: "Why are the Ethiopians and Egyptians bandy-legged? Is it because the bodies of living creatures become distorted by heat, like logs of wood when they become dry? The condition of their hair supports this theory; for it is curlier than that of other nations, and curliness is as it were crookedness of the hair."

(Physiognomics, Book XIV, p. 317)

The evidence of Lucian (Greek writer, 125 B.C.) is as explicit as that of the previous writers. He introduces two Greeks, Lycinus and Timolaus, who start a conversation:

Lycinus (describing a young Egyptian): "This boy is not merely black; he has thick lips and his legs are too thin . . . his hair worn in a plait behind shows that he is not a freeman."

Timolaus: "But that is a sign of really distinguished birth in Egypt, Lycinus, All freeborn children plait their hair until they reach manhood. It is the exact opposite of the custom of our ancestors who thought it seemly for old men to secure their hair with a gold brooch to keep it in place."

(Lucian, Navigations, paras 2-3)

Herodotus (circa 400 bc) (Known to western historians as the Father of History)

Herodotus also asserted that "the names of nearly all the gods came to Greece from Egypt . . . for the names of all the gods have been known in Egypt from the beginning of time . . . It was the Egyptians too who originated, and taught the Greeks . . . ceremonial meeting, processions and liturgies . . . The Egyptians were also the first to assign each month and each day to a particular deity, and to foretell the date of a man's birth, his character, his fortunes, and the day of his death . . . The Egyptians, too have made more use of omens and prognostics than any other nation. . ."

(Herodotus, The Histories, 149-150; 152; 159).

''There can be no doubt that the Colchians are an Egyptian race. Before I heard any mention of the fact from others, I had remarked it myself. After the thought had struck me, I made inquiries on the subject both in Colchis and in Egypt, and I found that the Colchians had a more distinct recollection of the Egyptians, than the Egyptians had of them. Still the Egyptians said that they believed the Colchians to be descended from the army of Sesostris. My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair, which certainly amounts to but little, since several other nations are so too. But further and more especially, on the circumstance that the Colchians, the Egyptians, and the Ethiopians, are the only nations who have practised circumcision from the earliest times.

The Phoenicians and the Syrians of Palestine themselves confess that they learned the custom of the Egyptians. And the Syrians who dwell about the rivers Thermodon and Parthenius, as well as their neighbors the Macronians, say that they have recently adopted it from the Colchians. Now these are the only nations who use circumcision, and it is plain that they all imitate herein the Egyptians. With respect to the Ethiopians, indeed, I cannot decide whether they learned the practice of the Egyptians, or the Egyptians of them (it is undoubtedly of very ancient date in Ethiopia). But that the others derived their knowledge of it from Egypt is clear to me, from the fact that the Phoenicians, when they come to have commerce with the Greeks, cease to follow the Egyptians in this custom, and allow their children to remain uncircumcised.'' (Herodotus, The Histories, Book 2:104)

The opinion of the ancient writers on the Egyptians is more or less summed up by French Egyptologist Gaston Maspero The Dawn of Civilization (1894), when he says, "By the almost unanimous testimony of ancient historians, they [the Egyptians] belong to an African race which first settled in Ethiopia on the Middle Nile: following the course of the river they gradually reached the sea." The German scholar, Eugen Georg, in his book The Adventure of Mankind (1931) p. 121, tells us about the ". . . world-wide dominance of Ethiopian representatives of the black race. They were supreme in Africa and Asia. In upper Egypt and India they erected mighty religious centers and mastered a perfect technique in the molding of bronze --- and they even infiltrated through Southern Europe for a thousand years."

In his book Egypt, British scholar Sir E.A. Wallis Budge says: "The prehistoric native of Egypt, both in the old and in the new Stone Ages, was African and there is every reason for saying that the earliest settlers came from the South." He further states: "There are many things in the manners and customs and religions of the historic Egyptians that suggests that the original home of their prehistoric ancestors was in a country in the neighborhood of Uganda and Punt." (Some historians believe that the biblical land of Punt was in the area known on modern maps as Somalia.)

Stephanus of Byzantium, who is said to represent the opinions of the most ancient Greeks, says:

"Ethiopia was the first established country on the earth, and the Ethiopians were the first who introduced the worship of the Gods and who established laws."

Quoted by John D. Baldwin, Prehistoric Nations, p. 62.

Arnold Hermann Heeren (1760-1842), Professor of History and Politics in the University of Gottengen and one of the ablest of the early exponents of the economic interpretation of history, published, in the fourth and revised edition of his great work Ideen Uber Die Politik, Den Verkehr Und Den Handel Der Vornehmsten Volker Der Alten Weld, a lengthy essay on the history, culture, and commerce of the ancient Ethiopians, which had profound influence on contemporary writers in the conclusion that it was among these ancient Black people of Africa and Asia that international trade was first developed.

He thinks that as a by-product of these international contacts there was an exchange of ideas and cultural practices that laid the foundations of the earliest civilizations of the ancient world. Heeren in his researches says: "From the remotest times to the present, the Ethiopians have been one of the most celebrated, and yet the most mysterious of nations. In the earliest traditions of nearly all the  civilized nations of antiquity, the name of this distant people is found. The annals of the Egyptian priests are full of them, and the nations of inner Asia, on the Euphrates and Tigris, have interwoven the fictions of the Ethiopians with their traditions of the wars and conquests of their heroes; and, at a period equally remote, they glimmer in Greek mythology. When the Greeks scarcely knew Italy and Sicily by name, the Ethiopians were celebrated in the verses of their poets, and when the faint gleam of tradition and fable gives way to the clear light of history, the lustre of the Ethiopians is not diminished."

The French writer Constantin-François Volney (1757-1820), in his important work, The Ruins of Empires, extends this point of view by saying that the Egyptians were the first people to "attain the physical and moral sciences necessary to civilized life." In referring to the basis of this achievement he states further that, "It was, then, on the borders of the Upper Nile, among a Black race of men, that was organized the complicated system of worship of the stars, considered in relation to the productions of the earth and the labors of agriculture; and this first worship, characterized by their adoration under their own forms and national attributes, was a simple proceeding of the human mind."

Volney's Ruins; or, Meditation on the Revolutions of Empires, Boston, J. Mendum, 1869

Flora Shaw's (alias Lady Flora Lugard) book is an extraordinary look at the history of Africa, which she gathered from countless sources, and one would imagine a great deal of it came from the British Library and from the archives of The Times of London, for whom she had for many years been the Foreign Political Correspondent. She had always been known to be an intensive researcher into her subject matter, and one wonders at the months and probably years she put into this undertaking, which became the reference work for so many future books on Africa. This book was first published 100 years ago showing the detail and descriptive power, and the greatness that Africa once was. Lady Lugard argues that:

"When the history of Negroland comes to be written in detail, it may be found that the kingdoms lying towards the eastern end of Sudan (classical home of Ancient Ethiopians) were the home of races who inspired, rather than of races who received, the tradition of civilization associated for us with the name of ancient Egypt. For they cover on either side of the Upper Nile between the latitudes of ten degrees and seventeen degrees, territories in which are found monuments more ancient than the oldest Egyptian monuments. If this should prove to be the case and civilized world be forced to recognize in a black people the fount of its original enlightenment, it may happen that we shall have to revise entirely our view of the black races, and regard those who now exist as the decadent representatives of an almost forgotten era, rather than as the embryonic possibility of an era yet to come."

"The fame of the ancient Ethiopians (ancient Kushites) was widespread in ancient history. Herodotus described them as the tallest, most beautiful and long-lived of the human races, and before Herodotus, Homer, in even more flattering language, described them as the most just of men, the favorites of the gods. The annals of all the great early nations of Asia Minor are full of them. The Mosaic records allude to them frequently; but while they are described as the most powerful, the most just, and the most beautiful of the human race, they are constantly spoken of as Black, and there seems to be no other conclusion to be drawn than at that remote period of history, the leading race of the Western World was a Black race."

Lady Lugard/Flora Shaw Lugard, Asa G. Hilliard, III, A Tropical Dependency: An Outline of the Ancient History of the Western Sudan With an Account of the Modern Settlement of Northern Nigeria, Black Classic Press (1996)

http://wysinger.homestead.com/blackegypt101.html
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 4:32am On Jan 27, 2015
Not this again!! man what is up with you AA's! All this ancient egyptians crap.Who cares!! geez!
They are dead people!! why do you guys obssess over and claim DEAD PEOPLE?

man claiming egypt isnt gonna give you superpowers or make you build pyramid!

go post this at eurocentric forum man

Or Arab egyptian forum
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 4:34am On Jan 27, 2015
We were discussing about the prophet and this retarrd shows up with his ancient egyptian bulshitt!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by gallivant: 5:02am On Jan 27, 2015
The prophet is also ancient bullshit, and was a pedophile.The irony...
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 7:06am On Jan 27, 2015
gallivant:
The prophet is also ancient bullshit, and was a pedophile.The irony...
He was no craddle-robber. He was a magnifecant dark skinned cushite arab greatest merchant the intelligence he had was unmeasered. Arent you the one who claim the moors even though they were muslim and the only reason the moors were great was becuz they followed islams teachings.

You go buzz of you hyprcrite go diss someone elses prophet!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Makhir! look at this fool galviant! he disses islam yet he claims the moors!
Must be his primitive brain!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Maakhir! look at this fool gallivant! he disses islam yet he claims the moors!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by gallivant: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2015
Samaale:
Makhir! look at this fool galviant! he disses islam yet he claims the moors!

Where did I claim the Moors idiot? I am comfortable under my skin.Your prophet is indeed a pedophile.He took a child for a bride, am sorry I can't respect that.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Samaale: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2015
gallivant:

The moors were from west Africa so what are you talking about, they are my people

So you never claimed moors huh? You have some psychological issues! bash islam than claims muslims!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by gallivant: 12:35am On Jan 28, 2015
Dude was a pedophile, that's the undeniable truth.I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: "Operation Python Dance In The South-East Not Acceptable" / The Prettiest African Woman / Why Is Sacrifice Made Before Burying Someone That Drowned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.