Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. (21252 Views)

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Savagr(m): 10:01am On May 22, 2022
Teens like me attend the catholic church on a large numbers just that they're now a pain in the ass.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Southernigbo: 10:03am On May 22, 2022
They are most likely busy at home experimenting different styles since d church elders won't allow them peace in the dark corners of the church
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Pakwel(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic, back then in my teen years, I do see alot of turnout of young people BTW 10-20 yrs of age.

But these days, it seems they ve left this church of a thing to the older folks.

What could be wrong?
Honestly. Religion is a scam. The faster we get it the more better for us.. You see your pastor preaching blessings given this that.. given to the church oh. Not the church given to the needy ( some do give ) but those bad pastors nah them make me loose love for church. 2 years ago this pastor came to my house for normal scam prayers. My lil sister of 16 years. Served him food. This guy collected her number them don start to love. Babe don arrange hotel home. Till I just say make I check her phone .. waaaah. I love you I dis i dat. Baba dey use bible lines untop underage... for me I will never go to church anymore. All of the pastors are evil men. Nah hustle

6 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by AmazingELixir: 10:05am On May 22, 2022
lipsrsealed

Evil and worldly things have taken permanent residence in the heart of the modern day youths.

Most are either bombing away on their laptops, betting away their fortunes on sport betting or creating skits on tik tok.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SeriouslySense(m): 10:10am On May 22, 2022
Regardless of whether they are going or not, they are always welcome.

I hardly go to church, but i spend a lot of time listening online and reading the bible. Listening online, because iron sharpens Iron, coming together is essential, but i think going online fills the void for me and sharpens me.

Catholic church can be interesting, i appreciate the order in that church, but, some doctrines i do not believe. And its a personal choice.

I can also be called a catholic, but i stopped asking Mary for intercession, i dont need to explain why , because i think its obvious already.

Also, there seems to be a competition, a competition to show who is who.

Overall, Nigerian Church's tend to be business organizations, its either the pastor is coveting the members wife or property, or its a competition to show who is who, or they want to be modern that they lose the substance.

Since these are the last days or close to the last days, the current Generation will need the truth and will need to draw close to God, at the end of the day, storms will arise, and only the anchor, will keep us standing or that even if we fall we will stand again.

If one has no anchor in the last days, then where will hope come from.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by guru90: 10:15am On May 22, 2022
They are at Yahoo church or find them at Yahoo academy........

Any child born 2000 up....... wanna make quick money.....

Check their calendar very well....

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Ekugbeh(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2022
Even in a forum here y'all bent on castigating Christianity at any slight opportunity that's really unwise. If ain't a Christian, try to be one. It will help you a lot. The coming of Jesus isn't all about prosperity only. It's about eternal life, the very life of God, so prosperity is just a tiny part of it this life

3 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by cayorday89(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic, back then in my teen years, I do see alot of turnout of young people BTW 10-20 yrs of age.

But these days, it seems they ve left this church of a thing to the older folks.

What could be wrong?
It's a simple sturvs, many of the youths who rebelled in time past are now mothers and fathers, so they don't take it as a necessity for their children to go to church. And the very many who still have strict parents still have a way of avoiding going to church due to the influence of those with parents who are indifferent.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Enumerator(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2022
This explains it all
superCleanworks:

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Pedklose: 10:20am On May 22, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Not only teens. also we adults. Churches in Nigeria is more like a scam now. I now see pastors as businessmen whose source of income is their members.
The way these pastors mention seed, seed, seed everytime will make you think they studied agricultural science in school. I am a businessman too so I see them as fellow hustlers.
grin grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by kingscare1(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.

Shiiiiit. Bad boi
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Enumerator(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2022
Your church explains it all, you can't expect to see teens at catholic or anglican cuz both potray much modesty and decency necessary

But expect them to be full at the likes of winners, redeem and the likes cuz these are circular churches that accomodates the likes of zazzoo fans lol

Moral decadence is the order of the day, sadly satan has already taken over the world indirectly ans social media and internets are the main streams
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SeriouslySense(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2022
Eternal Life, that's right.

Ekugbeh:
Even in a forum here y'all bent on castigating Christianity at any slight opportunity that's really unwise. If ain't a Christian, try to be one. It will help you a lot. The coming of Jesus isn't all about prosperity only. It's about eternal life, the very life of God, so prosperity is just a tiny part of it this life
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Godisawoman: 10:22am On May 22, 2022
Nothing is wrong. They're are woke now cool cool cool
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by whitebeard(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2022
NoahHadNoArk:
More people are quick to realise religion may be a scam after all, that may explain it.

My thoughts
mumu that's not why we don't go to church..! Wimp..
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by candidbabe(f): 10:23am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

You no well aswearugod
grin grin grin grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

Insightful.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by ayusco85(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

I noticed same too today in church, i attend Anglican church. Oh maybe they prefer attending prosperity preaching churches.?
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by MansoryMX(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

You are asking what could wrong?

The economic disaster in this country has affected the way of life of every single family. People are trying to survive with every possible legal or illegal means. People are beginning to realize in today’s world! If you carry religion for head you go die of hunger. Only few people still believe in God in this country because a lot of people feel God nor dey Nigeria even if he dey other places!!!!
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps they're not fully convinced about the religion their parents handed over to them.
I attended the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses last week and the youths are fully prepared to go out to preach and teach as usual.
Do expect them at your doorstep soon! smiley
You people are resuming? I thought you are still on vacation
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by hopexter(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

The mistake is Saturday( weekend made for nitelife) Coming before Sunday( A Holy day to go to church in the morning).

Most youth are all battling hung over and still in bed by 10:00 am. I know I’m a Christian, shey make I carry highness go church ni wey my head never clear. That would be an immoral effrontery to Christianity. Respecting yourself is respecting God.

Parents/oldies don’t really have use for weekends and what it entails in this jet age cos they’ve had theirs when they were teens or before adulthood.

The case is not always like that, it’s just me and my colleagues experiences grin grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by geunik(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?
Nigeria new generation churches are filled with youth leaving old generation churches like the Catholic. The youths wants to dance and twist their waste as they like. The y enjoy listening to motivational sermons.
The moment your church fail to provide the above, the elders fill the space or it goes empty
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Havertz10: 10:41am On May 22, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Are you kidding me?

And yet the church buildings were getting fuller by the hour, so who's making up the numbers?

The elderly ones?

Maybe you're speaking of the Western world but certainly not Nigeria, except the issue is with your church because it's an aberration, not the generality of the reality on ground, because Nigerians churches are filled with youths. Fact!

Except you're speaking of many them not being truly saved but church attendance? That doesn't fly for me.

God bless.
I think that it’s mostly people above 30 now, under 25 especially those that stay alone don’t go to church

most Pentecostal church’s members are above 30 on average, the concept of Church is declining globally particularly in societies that don’t have constitutional rules to enforce religious practices

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Electrochemistry(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2022
We should be very careful of end time events so that we would not stray at the dying minutes. Many things will make Christianity look less attractive as people resort more to their own wisdom than anything Godly. Many people now see faith as an imposition. They tend to rely more on Earthly knowledge and wisdom. This tendency is intensified by the enthronement of the scientific method during the enlightenment age in the eighteenth century when most ideas began to be subjected to thorough scrutiny by philosophers and scientists.

We are told in Matthew 24:12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold"

We should all know that while human can achieve so much feats in science, technology, and other fronts, there is a limit to how far they can go in which case the idea of faith become inevitable.

Many things now weaken the faith of many Christians such as discovery of alien beings and the Earth not being the centre of the immensity (universe).

True Christians must not allow themselves to be encumbered by this trying time.

The just shall live by faith Hbk 2:4

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

You are saying the truth in a sarcastic manner..
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Nobody: 10:42am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

If you’re truly a catholic then you should know Catholics don’t have ‘service’ they have mass!

@topic: the teens are too busy getting high on Colorado and advertising their bodies on instagram to have time for church.

2 Likes

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by RedCentaur(m): 10:48am On May 22, 2022
Pakwel:

Honestly. Religion is a scam. The faster we get it the more better for us.. You see your pastor preaching blessings given this that.. given to the church oh. Not the church given to the needy ( some do give ) but those bad pastors nah them make me loose love for church. 2 years ago this pastor came to my house for normal scam prayers. My lil sister of 16 years. Served him food. This guy collected her number them don start to love. Babe don arrange hotel home. Till I just say make I check her phone .. waaaah. I love you I dis i dat. Baba dey use bible lines untop underage... for me I will never go to church anymore. All of the pastors are evil men. Nah hustle

Haaaa!
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Vinnie2000(m): 10:49am On May 22, 2022
Op, this is not about Catholic or Anglican church as some are saying here.
In Pentecostal churches, there is still low turn out of Teenagers.
The simple truth is that RELIGION IS DYING GRADUALLY IN NIGERIA.
In 2045 or 2050, only few people will be going to Church in Nigeria.
Teenagers dis days are interested in Yahoo, hookups, instagram skit, bet9ja,etc
How will dem and dier children be in 20 or 30 years time

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Sleekfingers: 10:49am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

Because religion is a bloody scam....so why waste previous them on it.

I can say it with my chest out, nigeria had the most religion houses in the world. With no meaning impact on those going there. Those kids have realized the brainwashing in those religions . Especially nigerian versions. Pastors and imams feeding fat on earth, telling their brainwashed congregations , that they will enjoy in dream land heaven
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Karleb(m): 10:50am On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:

What could be wrong?

Lack of social activities.

You might condemn church all you want but it's a social gathering and for most Nigerian teens and youth, it's the only social gathering where there's little to no pressure.

Humans are still social animals, remember.

1 Like

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Blake755: 10:50am On May 22, 2022
Religion nah scam the early we realized the better for us tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by 07kjb: 10:51am On May 22, 2022
Is worrisome, the end is near as it is in the days of NOAH so shall it be to this generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Feel There Is No Heaven, Then, What Do You Think About This? / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.