Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. (21257 Views)

Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Beware Of The "Mixed Multitude" In Churches / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches (2) (3) (4)

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Sterope(f): 11:29am On May 22, 2022
The Catholic church won't survive if it doesn't adapt.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2022
Sified:
Some churches aren't preaching or making sermons that Teens/youths can easily relate with

True tho. Most of the sermon are hardly relatable for their current age, when they age they might go back, because at that point the sermon for Eternity would matter more.

Now na motivation to become great and the ministry of the holy spirit.

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by pocohantas(f): 11:33am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.

The truth and nothing but the truth. grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Terabyteck(m): 11:34am On May 22, 2022
The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds; There is no one who does good.

FERNANDEZISBACK:
The children are getting wiser and smarter than you adults who fail to think for yourself that religion is nothing but a bondage meant to cage gullible ones..

Modified: about 4 months later this graced frontpage.. grin..
Our famous Nietzsche is challenging humanity to assume the throne that they have already made vacant and he is reminding everyone of the responsibility involved in doing so...He is calling you all to become greater than your theistic imaginings..to become real rather than being slaves to an invented creature created to shield humanity from the crushing realisation of the power and potential they actually have...

God is dead...God remains dead...And we have killed him..must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by membranus: 11:35am On May 22, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Perhaps they're not fully convinced about the religion their parents handed over to them.
I attended the meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses last week and the youths are fully prepared to go out to preach and teach as usual.
Do expect them at your doorstep soon! smiley

If JW come to my house, I will send them out fast. Because they spread doctrines of error.

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2022
Emychina:
How can u tell someone that their forefathers are idol worshippers and evil whereas catholic is the main idol worshipper bowing and kneeling before and idol called mary and other their rubbish saints peter and others.youths has seen d deceit.u people are pretenders and deceivers.

Lol, but true tho. Most people in Catholic church are idol worshipers,they love Catholic because there, they're more like at peace with their practice.

Example of such organization in the Catholic church that I've heard so many things about are the Knights of....

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by missionmex(m): 11:43am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

maybe they find the catholic church BORING and they have moved on to more groovy and swaggalicious church where the pastor has benzes and porsche and plenty fancy suits to inspire the youth to MAKE IT.
They will also be able to meet girls in juicy sexy curvy outfits there and make connections with their fellow teenage guys who sag their jeans, wear earring and paint their finger nails.
dem no get time to hail mary again. dem want that sexy usher called mary to hail dem when they meet in church.
they got tired of reverend spraying holy water when people like odumeje is spraying dollars.
you have a way with words. It's cool.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Winters23: 11:43am On May 22, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Except you're speaking of many them not being truly saved

God bless.

Delusion of the highest order is thinking anyone can be truly saved...

No one can be saved from death, any other kind of salvation is a pipe dream
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by winner37(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2022
Money first now ooo
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by LilVast1(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Are you kidding me?

And yet the church buildings were getting fuller by the hour, so who's making up the numbers?

The elderly ones?

Maybe you're speaking of the Western world but certainly not Nigeria, except the issue is with your church because it's an aberration, not the generality of the reality on ground, because Nigerians churches are filled with youths. Fact!

Except you're speaking of many them not being truly saved but church attendance? That doesn't fly for me.

God bless.

The elderly ones were once teenagers too
I believe the kids are still engrossed with these youthful exuberance
They will come back to the Lord when they really understand what Life is

God is Good!
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2022
Legendoo:
Man must submit to a higher purpose.

While I understand the skepticism with today's churches. If you dump a set of rules you will subscribe to another.

So ask yourselves, if I dump religion what is the higher purpose?

Dumping religion means you've accepted your true state , a godless state and have taken a scientific stance of being an animal.

If you are an animal , then there are no rules, without rules, chaos ensues.

Religion is the bedrock for all morality and the basis of law. You shouldn't kill in the Bible for example, and by law killing also has consequences.

I think religion is just for guidance and it's ability to restrict you when no one is looking. When people dump guidance what then do they follow?

My guess , wokeness, a state of lawlessness, perversion and chaos, where everything goes.

You forgot to add idolatry (voodoo)
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Moz22: 11:47am On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

this is hilarious grin
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:48am On May 22, 2022
Truth is just know God for yourself. Have a relationship with the holy spirit, be spiritual but not religious. Because last last "Jesus is that friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

Selah.

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Nosayer: 11:51am On May 22, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
The children are getting wiser and smarter than you adults who fail to think for yourself that religion is nothing but a bondage meant to cage gullible ones..

Modified: about 4 months later this graced frontpage.. grin..
Our famous Nietzsche is challenging humanity to assume the throne that they have already made vacant and he is reminding everyone of the responsibility involved in doing so...He is calling you all to become greater than your theistic imaginings..to become real rather than being slaves to an invented creature created to shield humanity from the crushing realisation of the power and potential they actually have...

God is dead...God remains dead...And we have killed him..must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

And what ended Nietzsche's existence? The philosophy of "God is dead" itself, wasn't that the idea that spurred the likes of Hitler and Stalin who saw themselves as superman to save the world and in return murdered millions?

Saying "God is dead" is really rational, but we are not ready for the consequences because once God is truly dead, something else will take his place.

By the way, why is depression and mental health issues more common now than before especially among young people?
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by superCleanworks(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2022
missionmex:
you have a way with words. It's cool.

Thanks. It takes good eyes connected to the brain to see like you did.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Vinnie2000(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2022
Sterope:
The Catholic church won't survive if it doesn't adapt.
Hehehe! This is funny!
The Catholic church will even be the Lastman standing!.
These teenagers wearing Rugged jeans, short gowns, doing dreadlocks, spraying dier Hair and going to Pentecostal churches will EVENTUALLY CRASH THOSE CHURCHES!
You cannot expand God's kingdom with Unrighteousness and waywardness!
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Bluebrain101: 12:27pm On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic, back then in my teen years, I do see alot of turnout of young people BTW 10-20 yrs of age.

But these days, it seems they ve left this church of a thing to the older folks.

What could be wrong?
The thing wrong here is your either you or your church that failed to capture the young minds. The youth/teens are the strength of today whether you accept today and God is still using a lot. I'll suggest you wash off this older folks mentality.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by izywzy: 12:28pm On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

Omo too much sense no go kill you

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Vinnie2000(m): 12:32pm On May 22, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Lol, but true tho. Most people in Catholic church are idol worshipers,they love Catholic because there, they're more like at peace with their practice, no holy spirit to burn and taunt them. No prophesy to uncover there evil et al...

Example of such organization in the Catholic church that I've heard so many things about are the Knights of....
So the Holy Spirit burn and Taunts christians?
Na wa.

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by darichlife: 12:33pm On May 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:
The younger generation is less gullible than the older one, that's why.

Only the gullible ones fall for religion which is a man made scam.

Young people now have the audacity to ask questions that our parents were too scared to ask.
I mean, white and arab folks can't just write some literature and hand it over to us without nobody questioning it's authenticity.

To me, the awakening is a good development.

And I'm now beginning to believe that our traditional beliefs may not be as bad as they painted them to be, the problem is that we were not given the chance to evolve and refine those beliefs to suit modern ideologies.

I can't find a place in my heart to forgive Africa's invaders sha. They messed us up too much.

You are really in touch with your essence and self. More reasons my hope increases.

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Emychina(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Lol, but true tho. Most people in Catholic church are idol worshipers,they love Catholic because there, they're more like at peace with their practice, no holy spirit to burn and taunt them. No prophesy to uncover there evil et al...

knight of sain mulumba.if u are afraid to mention it,i go do am for u my boss

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by gentlegenius(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2022
RedCentaur:
I just came back from service. I'm a Catholic, back then in my teen years, I do see alot of turnout of young people BTW 10-20 yrs of age.

But these days, it seems they ve left this church of a thing to the older folks.

What could be wrong?
Not only church, even schools. Our young people are gradually loosing interest in going to schools nowadays.
Reason for this?
The bitter truth is: ORGANISED RELIGION AND ORGANISED EDUCATION ARE THE GREATEST SCAMS IN THE WORLD TODAY. Our young people are beginning to discover this.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2022
Vinnie2000:
So the Holy Spirit burn and Taunts christians?
Na wa.

Modified. Now say something else.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:38pm On May 22, 2022
Emychina:
knight of sain mulumba.if u are afraid to mention it,i go do am for u my boss

Lol... But seriously you self know say those people no pure.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by maxkia(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

You got some bad mouth
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Emychina(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Lol... But seriously you self know say those people no pure.
Na today?.i be confirm catholic before my eyes open to see all their lies and deceit.oyibo cult

Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2022
Emychina:
Na today?.i be confirm catholic before my eyes open to see all their lies and deceit.oyibo cult

Thank God I'm not the only one who's noticed this. Asked my Catholic friends what's the role or duty of that sect /group. He said they're the defenders of the Church. Lol.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SugarGirl44(f): 12:59pm On May 22, 2022
darichlife:

You are really in touch with your essence and self. More reasons my hope increases.

I'm blushing...
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by TooMuchStuff: 1:00pm On May 22, 2022
superCleanworks:

For making me shed tears for laffin so loud this Sunday afternoon..... I here usher you to your paradise of blessings and longevity.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by SugarGirl44(f): 1:12pm On May 22, 2022
SensualMan:
Nigeria, an over religious nation yet a nation where unimaginable evil happens from the North that barbecue people in the name of Moe Ham Made to the brown roof Republic that commit incest, rituals and all sorts of Internet fraud to the South that are working asidously providing oil to keep the nation afloat to the Easterners that are angrily developing every part of the nation within and outside the country.
How will u see anyone in church? If not for the angry evening newspapers that make up multitude of church attendance.

Ori e ti buru.
So there's no crime in the south and east.
UGM would soon come and cut your head if you don't watch your back.
Oh no! you're not even in the east cos you're scared of being killed by your fellow igbo man.
I can bet you typed this shit with those your bony fingers right on the soil of this same west.

You know you're a clown right.
Re: Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays. by darichlife: 1:14pm On May 22, 2022
SugarGirl44:

I'm blushing... Thanks.
You are most welcome. Please which PAN African group do you belong.?

What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People / What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54