Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,789 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet (13154 Views)

This Is My Worst Christmas -Man Whose Account Was Frozen After #EndSARS Protest / Sanwo-Olu Meets With Shop Owners And Tenants Of Circle Mall / EndSARS: Shut Down Twitter In Nigeria - Adamu Garba Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Kobicove(m): 6:39am On Feb 01, 2022
ikcid:
grin they can never be like ShopRite

I concur grin
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Shikini: 6:42am On Feb 01, 2022
Which Jakande sef?
Jakande plenty for Lagos.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Awesomeking: 6:47am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
The sad thing about this is that no one got to pay for the looting and destruction that happened.
The fact that those who turned the protests to anarchy were not jailed, it only made them more bolder to do whatever.
If I was president, those Endsars rascals on twitter inciting sentiments i.e Moelicious, Rinu, Falz, Macaroni, etc would have been eating watery beans by now. DJ Switch would have fully focused on her lesbianism in Ikoyi female prisons.
you would have jailed them for what exactly? What's their crime? At what point did they direct anyone to loot or steal? Do you want to tell me that you did not see the videos and pictures of thugs attacking the protesters with brand new weapons? Why do Nigerians always turn a blind eye to whatever fact that does not favour them? Why? Those brave people came out to face a government that we were all too scared to face and they paid heavily for it

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by symbianDON(m): 6:48am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
The sad thing about this is that no one got to pay for the looting and destruction that happened.
The fact that those who turned the protests to anarchy were not jailed, it only made them more bolder to do whatever.
If I was president, those Endsars rascals on twitter inciting sentiments i.e Moelicious, Rinu, Falz, Macaroni, etc would have been eating watery beans by now. DJ Switch would have fully focused on her lesbianism in Ikoyi female prisons.
and what would you have done to soldiers who fired live bullets at unarmed civilians? Given them awards I guess?
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Sezua(m): 6:59am On Feb 01, 2022
Shoprite circle mall is located close to a den of hoodlums. Easy target for many things and should not be opened again in my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by kingthreat(m): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2022
symbianDON:
and what would you have done to soldiers who fired live bullets at unarmed civilians? Given them awards I guess?

Well why did innocent Nigerians and investors have to pay the price? They should have attacked the barracks. I am not in anyways support of the shooting which was definitely exaggerated. Cos if the soldiers were shooting straight at the crowd, it would have been bloody bloody hell. One bullet will pierce and kill up to 2 people.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by mmsen: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2022
Elianawalker:
Do girls still go there just to take photos

Women go to all these malls just to take photos, especially on Sundays.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by techWriter3: 7:10am On Feb 01, 2022
We cannot remember in a asap how the adversaries of the federal did to come her down to her legs
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by anambraamaka: 7:12am On Feb 01, 2022
Cool
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by symbianDON(m): 7:17am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

Well why did innocent Nigerians and investors have to pay the price? They should have attacked the barracks. I am not in anyways support of the shooting which was definitely exaggerated. Cos if the soldiers were shooting straight at the crowd, it would have been bloody bloody hell. One bullet will pierce and kill up to 2 people.
the endsars protesters had a point: you and I knew and still know how high-handed police were...not that much has changed even now and governance was and is still frustratingly poor....so that was what the protests were about and there's freedom of civil and peaceful protests in most parts of the world. However, hoodlums took advantage of the protests and wreaked havoc all over the place. In your support, I quite agree that, perhaps, the protests weren't appropriately coordinated to guard against such. Then the shooting part: whether it was exaggerated or not, it has been cleared proven that shootings took place and lives were lost! That was grossly wrong and i am not certain anyone has been punished...so why punish the organisers of the protest? Two wrongs don't make a right. What government ought to have done was to have granted some form of compensation to those who had proven material losses as a result of the protests....IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by ireneidiva(f): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:
This is why you can't be the president.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by kingthreat(m): 7:25am On Feb 01, 2022
symbianDON:
the endsars protesters had a point: you and I knew and still know how high-handed police were...not that much has changed even now and governance was and is still frustratingly poor....so that was what the protests were about and there's freedom of civil and peaceful protests in most parts of the world. However, hoodlums took advantage of the protests and wreaked havoc all over the place. In your support, I quite agree that, perhaps, the protests weren't appropriately coordinated to guard against such. Then the shooting part: whether it was exaggerated or not, it has been cleared proven that shootings took place and lives were lost! That was grossly wrong and i am not certain anyone has been punished...so why punish the organisers of the protest? Two wrongs don't make a right. What government ought to have done was to have granted some form of compensation to those who had proven material losses as a result of the protests....IMHO.

Inasmuch as I would like to contend some of your statements, I will like to appreciate the fact that you are being quite rational.
I support protests anyday anytime, but some people behind the scene manipulated #Endsars for their own selfishness. That is just the thing with Nigeria, people do things only in their interests not for the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Micmuzac: 7:31am On Feb 01, 2022
CocoaOla:
These old politicians are using dark agent to shame the youths for their evil political agenda

These old people that keep recycling themselves and families only are the causes of all problems facing the Nation

No human will remain in one political position for 100 years
they will be disgraced next election especially Lagos, it will be magic for them
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by kingthreat(m): 7:36am On Feb 01, 2022
ireneidiva:

This is why you can't be the president.

Yeah millions said Buhari cannot be president. But he is your president and they have refused to go and die. I will be what I want to be and what God allows me to be. And inconsequential you cannot do anything about it.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by Mccullum: 8:46am On Feb 01, 2022
CocoaOla:
These old politicians are using dark agent to shame the youths for their evil political agenda

These old people that keep recycling themselves and families only are the causes of all problems facing the Nation

No human will remain in one political position for 100 years

You have a right to co-formed or join a political party,

You can start now, stop looking afar and complaining,

Only those that participating can benefit from politics globally.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by porthouse7(f): 8:46am On Feb 01, 2022
darocha1:
Ha! Maryland outlet will be hugely missed.

Meanwhile, I think they left it too late before reopening the circle mall àt jakande.

The competition from co-suprite on that road has trippled since they've been gone.
most expensive shoprite in nigeria, dem stuff too expensive, i won't miss dem

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by symbianDON(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

Inasmuch as I would like to contend some of your statements, I will like to appreciate the fact that you are being quite rational.
I support protests anyday anytime, but some people behind the scene manipulated #Endsars for their own selfishness. That is just the thing with Nigeria, people do things only in their interests not for the masses.
I quite agree that some people were actually behind-the-scenes of endsars...no doubt about that.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by 3ple9ine(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2022
I actually that the new owners should change the name from shoprite to another name. most people don't know that it's now owned by Nigerians.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by OfficialBrendan(m): 9:48am On Feb 01, 2022
ikcid:
grin they can never be like ShopRite

And EBEANO supermarket just opened on same axis
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by walemoney007(m): 10:01am On Feb 01, 2022
BabaIbo:

I was wondering why they have two stores in the same location.

Just like just rite in Jakande Estate Gate in Oke Afa/Isolo area.

Can't they locate it in a place without one instead of wasting it in the same area.
If they are making lots of sales, they can even operate 3 store in a single city.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by BabaIbo: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2022
walemoney007:
If they are making lots of sales, they can even operate 3 store in a single city.

Read my response again.

I'm not referring to city, I mean area, same street more like opposite each other.

Normally, Lagos suppose get pass one because of the population.

If you know the area this shoprite is located OR Jakande estate gate in Oke Afa/Isolo area, you will understand my point.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by walemoney007(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2022
BabaIbo:

Read my response again.

I'm not referring to city, I mean area, same street more like opposite each other.

If you know the area this shoprite is located OR Jakande estate gate in Oke Afa/Isolo area, you will understand my point.
Okay

If they are having a lot of sales in an area, they can even open up to 3 stores in the same area.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by omenkaLives(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Nice one Shoprite.
Make dem try come Makurdi na? That capital looks like a degraded slum.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by pacespot(m): 10:49am On Feb 01, 2022
Nyanmiridunce:
The south Africans that brought it left already but sold it to a Nigerian, a Yoruba man.

I thought as much. The new owner gets to keep the name, maybe that is part of the deal.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by KaluwisxPRO: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2022
kingthreat:

You never heard of what they call Insurance?? Or you think a Mega store like that is stupid enough to to consider accidents in their plans.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by COMPAQ(m): 12:37pm On Feb 01, 2022
BabaIbo:

Read my response again.

The Jakande being referred to is in Lekki?
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by COMPAQ(m): 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
3ple9ine:
I actually that the new owners should change the name from shoprite to another name. most people don't know that it's now owned by Nigerians.

Why would you waste the brand equity built up over the years of your don't absolutely have to? Do Nigerians need to know its owned by a Nigerian before they shop there?
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by COMPAQ(m): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2022
darocha1:
Ha! Maryland outlet will be hugely missed.

Meanwhile, I think they left it too late before reopening the circle mall àt jakande.

The competition from co-suprite on that road has trippled since they've been gone.

It seems the entire mall has been closed since then, not just Shoprite. The entrance gate has been closed. Probably insurance took a while to pay the mall owners for refurbishment of the facility. They were really hit hard by the protesters. Like someone said, they are close to a den of hoodlums, and so they are an easy target when there is crisis.
Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by LegendHero(m): 1:22pm On Feb 01, 2022
omenkaLives:
Make dem try come Makurdi na? That capital looks like a degraded slum.

I hope the next governor of Benue right all the wrongs of Ortom. He’s an Ortomatic failure to the people of Benue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite To Reopen Circle Mall Store After #EndSARS, Shut Maryland Outlet by BabaIbo: 1:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
COMPAQ:

The Jakande being referred to is in Lekki?

It is clear bro, Jakande estate gate in Oke Afa, Isolo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bandits Set Security Base Ablaze In Niger State, Impound Military Vehicle / Another Military Plane Crashes In Port-Harcout! / I Did Not Discuss Jonathan With Buhari Says Anyaoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.