Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851362 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mattle:

Yes you can. I am sure your passport is already at TLS. Just beg them to help you check their baskets as it's not trackable again. Tell them you did AR. Quick one, how did he know your passport isn't there? He checked their system right?

Yes mattle... He checked through d computer n said d passport is nt ready yet...
Anyway.. i wil try again on Tuesday...
Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2022
xrismuove:
I planned to join January 2013 intake Msc in Kingston University UK but before I secure my passport admission was closed. I checked other school that offer same course and they were closed too. I have been emotional down since then due I already made up my mind to leave this January.

Now admission for September 2013 intake is out. If I apply now and admission is granted, will I be granted visa to travel like around March April to settle down be resumption on September.

Please anyone that have idea or similar experience should reply me.

The answer is a big NO. It’s even rare traveling a month before your school program begins, not to talk of months.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2022
Jocabasa:

Yes mattle... He checked through d computer n said d passport is nt ready yet...
Anyway.. i wil try again on Tuesday...
Thanks so much
don't bother going. It still not yet ready. Contact the department you have talks with and let them act right. Until then. You just have to be patient. Unless you want to withdraw your passport without Visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mattle: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2022
dirolad:
don't bother going. It still not yet ready. Contact the department you have talks with and let them act right. Until then. You just have to be patient. Unless you want to withdraw your passport without Visa.

He can , his application can't be tracked. At least he should go there so they can help him check manually. He did AR and there is no way he will get collection mail. He has nothing to lose if he goes there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
sad Follow this advisory. All the best
dirolad:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2022
dirolad:

Thanks Dirolad... I got a successful AR mail on 30th September n a successful Visa application mail on 2nd October n my Visa was backdated frm 22nd June...
I made a mistake I didn't collect n resubmitt my passport earlier after my first refusal..
I collected my passport n resubmitt it on 14th October n till now no response frm dem,
I went to check on 28th last week n was tod is nt ready for collection...
Tomorrow wil make it 12 working days... Ar u saying I shud still wait for dia mail n call for collection or wat to do?.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:25pm On Oct 30, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thanks Dirolad... I got a successful AR mail on 30th September n a successful Visa application mail on 2nd October n my Visa was backdated frm 22nd June...
I made a mistake I didn't collect n resubmitt my passport earlier after my first refusal..
I collected my passport n resubmitt it on 14th October n till now no response frm dem,
Tomorrow wil make it 12 working days... Ar u saying I shud still wait for dia mail n call for collection or wat to do?.....
how did you discover it was backdated? You already saw Visa on your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogbeisoken12345: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2022
Pls guys I need help, how can I apply for my IHS and Visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
Jocabasa:

check this site. Might help you. I guess it's meant for error correction... I can see it takes 5 working days.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19/correcting-an-incorrect-endorsement-ecb19
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
xrismuove:

Now admission for September 2013 intake is out. If I apply now and admission is granted, will I be granted visa to travel like around March April to settle down be resumption on September.
nope. The earliest u can travel is 1 month before course start date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good evening house, am asking for someone, how many working days does it take now on the average from date of biometrics to final decision, someone want s to apply and travel before xmas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by MusingsOfALady: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good evening house,

Any recent travel experience using Turkish Airlines to the UK? Any transit visa or challenges? Kindly share review and experience please,

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:37pm On Oct 30, 2022
Genlit33:
Good evening house, am asking for someone, how many working days does it take now on the average from date of biometrics to final decision, someone want s to apply and travel before xmas.

Use priority or super priority, you will get your decision faster
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 3:36am On Oct 31, 2022
dirolad:
how did you discover it was backdated? You already saw Visa on your passport?

Yes Dirolad... Dis is d successful visa application mail I got...

"Your application for a UK visa (vignette) has been successful. This letter is not a permission to travel to the UK.Before you can travel to the UK, you will need to collect your visa. Please do not attempt to travel to the UK until you have collected your visa.We will contact you when your visa is ready to collect from the visa application centre where you submitted your application.Please do not visit the visa application centre until you are contacted.This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as Leave to Enter) as STUDENT DEP PARTNER from 22 Jun 2022 to 31 May 2023.What this means for youWhen you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date. If you do not arrive to the UK within this 90 day period you will need to apply for a visa transfer, the fee for which can be found at www.gov.uk/visa-fees. What you must do after arrival in the UKAfter you arrive in the UK you should collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). This is the evidence of your permission to stay in the UK and you will need to use it to prove your right to work, rent a home and to access public funds and to travel from the UK. You must collect your BRP from the collection point below before your visa expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is the later. If you are required to quarantine in line with UK government guidance, please do not visit your collection point until after your quarantine period has expired. If this takes you beyond your vignette expiry date, your BRP will be held at your collection point for 90 days from the start date on your vignette and will be available for collection once you are able to collect.We recommend that you follow the COVID-19 immigration and BRP advice on GOV.UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residentshttps://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 5:31am On Oct 31, 2022
Thanks Mr money, u ve been great on this platform, thanks very much.
Mrmoney90:

Use priority or super priority, you will get your decision faster

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 5:31am On Oct 31, 2022
Jocabasa:

Yes Dirolad... Dis is d successful visa application mail I got...

Try sending complaints. Escalate a query through paid mail. And message the Sheffield student Visa section. Their mail will be at the student Visa thread or rather ask there. Use every available options to get quick response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ogbeisoken12345: 6:33am On Oct 31, 2022
Good morning guys, please guys I need help urgently.
ogbeisoken12345:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:10am On Oct 31, 2022
ogbeisoken12345:

If I am to understand you, are you saying you want to get the quote for IHS and visa fee, or you want to know how to pay for both?

If the latter is the case, then you can do so during/after completing the form for your appropriate visa application.

By my guess, this must be a student visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2022
Genlit33:
Thanks Mr money, u ve been great on this platform, thanks very much.

All glory to God the giver of knowledge
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by queserasera217: 8:11am On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=leef2022 post=117987918]

*Note* It must be done, within 10days after arrival or before your visa expires.

Cheers. [/quote
Hi, I don't understand boss, I thought I will just go and pick it up , so pls if I don't get it before then what can I do thou, thanks for the response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:11am On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=queserasera217 post=118007215][/quote]

Hi, I don't understand boss, I thought I will[b] just go and pick it up[/b][b][/b] , so pls if I don't get it before then what can I do thou, thanks for the response

Yes, try and do the bolded within 10days after arrival or before your visa expires. Forget what you can or can't do if you fail to do as suppose atm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Phayie(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2022
haaryobhami:
Good evening house ,how do I send money from uk to Nigeria without much charges pls ? Need to do it urgently

I use Lemonade Finance to send money to Africa. You get 10.00 GBP when you verify your account and send over 100.00 GBP with my referral link - https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/cZuH
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chuksteve(m): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2022
Good morning everyone. Please I want to know the fastest bank for form A fees payment among Zenith, First, Keystone and Access? How long will it take?

Also what's the bank exchange rate for pounds?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2022
To be on a safer side, if your resumption is Jan 2023, Please buy from bdc guys and use for your form A. I am giving this advise because of time factor, so you do not go all the channels hoping to resume and they defer your admission. That is what most schools are doing now.
Chuksteve:
Good morning everyone. Please I want to know the fastest bank for form A fees payment among Zenith, First, Keystone and Access? How long will it take?

Also what's the bank exchange rate for pounds?
Use oanda.com to confirm exchange rate. Goodmorning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chuksteve(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2022
hunee:
To be on a safer side, if your resumption is Jan 2023, Please buy from bdc guys and use for your form A. I am giving this advise because of time factor, so you do not go all the channels hoping to resume and they defer your admission. That is what most schools are doing now. Use oanda.com to confirm exchange rate. Goodmorning.

Please how can one use bdc for form A
My school is resuming in February
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2022
Good, there is time. You can do Form A . Most of the people i know resuming in Jan 2023, they got a mail that there admissions got deffered. It is important you also confirm the payment deadline on the school portal. I wish you all the best.
Chuksteve:

Please how can one use bdc for form A
My school is resuming in February
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chuksteve(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2022
hunee:
Good, there is time. You can do Form A . Most of the people i know resuming in Jan 2023, they got a mail that there admissions got deffered. It is important you also confirm the payment deadline on the school portal. I wish you all the best.

Thank you very much for your response so far. Please do you have any idea of the Most effective among the banks I listed?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2022
Pleasure to assist. I can not say precisely, but by the majority feedbacks, some say Zenith, Wema. However, if you have someone internally who can influence the processing , you sure will be much safer. form A takes about 2-3 months , so start the process asap.
Chuksteve:

Thank you very much for your response so far. Please do you have any idea of the Most effective among the banks I listed?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by zube01(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
So guys. I finally got a response today. And attached is the reason for refusal. Can anyone pls help advice on the next step to take? And possibly explain? Because I am confused and frustrated currently. Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:31pm On Oct 31, 2022
One thing alot of people do not understand about paid mails or call is that , sometimes if it reaches the recipent in such a mood , unexpected, can lead to a number of things. Most of these Schengen countries do that alot.

It is always important to be very patient when your applications are under processing.

I wish everyone the best in their applications, we learn from other people's experiences.

If your Uk visa application (Standard) has not got to the 7/8th week as detailed in the dmc letter of receipt for visa application, do not send paid mails or calls.

Just a General Information.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 5:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
zube01:
So guys. I finally got a response today. And attached is the reason for refusal. Can anyone pls help advice on the next step to take? And possibly explain? Because I am confused and frustrated currently. Thank you.

I thought this application was made for your fiancé?

Well, the reason for refusal is as a result of some unexplained deposits in your bank account as well as the source. You could’ve done that and probably gotten your visa.

Anyways, You can reapply again and explain the source of the deposits, or you can choose to wait. The choice is yours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: oyinjem and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.