Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (851073 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2022
hunee:
One thing alot of people do not understand about paid mails or call is that , sometimes if it reaches the recipent in such a mood , unexpected, can lead to a number of things. Most of these Schengen countries do that alot.

It is always important to be very patient when your applications are under processing.

I wish everyone the best in their applications, we learn from other people's experiences.

If your Uk visa application (Standard) has not got to the 7/8th week as detailed in the dmc letter of receipt for visa application, do not send paid mails or calls.

Just had to drop this here.

I agree with this. One school in America denied me admission when I was constantly mailing them to remind them about it whilst they were still processing it. I guess it got them at a wrong time and I was sent an admission refusal mail. When my friend told me that must’ve been the reason, I didn’t agree, but now it’s clear to me.

I feel it’s very right to just be patient, as that way you do not send off any sign of desperation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
As detailed, you did not explain details of other deposits. A cover letter would have filled that space. You can always apply. Do not be frustrated. There is light at the end of the tunnel
zube01:
So guys. I finally got a response today. And attached is the reason for refusal. Can anyone pls help advice on the next step to take? And possibly explain? Because I am confused and frustrated currently. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2022
May your days be long. That is the word "desperation" and we should not also forget that these people are humans. Their state of mind at a particular time determines alot too.
Mrmoney90:

I agree with this. One school in America denied me admission when I was constantly mailing them to remind them about it whilst they were still processing it. I guess it got them at a wrong time and I was sent an admission refusal mail.

I feel it’s very right to just be patient, as that way you do not send off any sign of desperation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shithapuns: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2022
SO I got the tls venue 31minutes late, and they didnt let me in....said, i should reschedule....and no free date to reschedule! for 2moro....they wan collect another money from me....these tls guys no get joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
I am not sure of any concessions for rescheduling , maybe other gurus in the house can add to this. I am thinking that they are asking you to opt for the walk in option, which allows you to come in for another appointment even if you have missed your previous one. Someone can share more knowledge on this. That option is however not free!
shithapuns:
SO I got the tls venue 31minutes late, and they didnt let me in....said, i should reschedule....and no free date to reschedule! for 2moro....they wan collect another money from me....these tls guys no get joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2022
shithapuns:

Which TLS center is this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=Mrmoney90 post=118025877]

Good evening Hux
Please guys I need help on these questions @Mrmoney90 @Giselle273 and others
Please how do I make payment for visitors visa
Is it something I can do with Nigeria visa or master card or can my sister use her pounds account abroad?
Is it possible to do the application myself?
And lastly My sister’s graduation is 7th of December, do I stil have time if I do priority?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shithapuns: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Which TLS center is this?

ikeja - Lagos, even mighty america isnt this harsh with slight lateness.....was very angry (cos all these is just to squeeze out more money from people in the name of rescheduling).

anybody booked flexi appoinment before?, thinking of paying for it, cos thats the only appointment still open for 2moro - a whooping 44k naira! shocked sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
1. You can apply yourself.
2. You need to have a usd card to make payments( It has to be funded)
3. If you need a usd card, visit your preferred bank in Nigeria for more information.
4. Your sister can use her card too to make payments for you.
5. Priority service cost 250 pounds
6. Visit https://gov.uk for guideline to start your application.

And yes , you can meet up, if you do Priority. Normal decision time is 2 - 5 working days.

If you need more info, we are here for you.
Goodluck.
[quote author=Trancoll post=118026182][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 10:37pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=hunee post=118026714]1. God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 10:44pm On Oct 31, 2022
shithapuns:

ikeja - Lagos, even mighty america[b][/b] isnt this harsh with slight lateness.....was very angry (cos all these is just to squeeze out more money from people in the name of rescheduling).

anybody booked flexi appoinment before?, thinking of paying for it, cos thats the only appointment still open for 2moro - a whooping 44k naira! shocked sad

But you wait 700 calendar days or more to attend an interview. Each diplomatic post has its +/-.
You chose the time, day and date, as such the onus is on you to make it on-time for your biometrics.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2022
The Walk In Option , so i thought. Only you can decide to pay for it, Ps: You need also verify if this option is available at the center. Check Tls website for update on that, Prolly some services have been restored. All the best.
shithapuns:

ikeja - Lagos, even mighty america isnt this harsh with slight lateness.....was very angry (cos all these is just to squeeze out more money from people in the name of rescheduling).

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2022
[quote author=Trancoll post=118026182][/quote]

Your sister can help you pay. And yes, you can do priority for faster decision.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 10:58pm On Oct 31, 2022
shithapuns:

The time I went for my appointment I arrived early though, but I saw people with the same time as myself coming later and still being attended to.

You could’ve told them your time is later than your arrival time, because I’m sure there was a mammoth crowd it there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Karishma(f): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2022
Hello,

I need help, I don't know where to start or if it is even possible.
I am a youth corper finishing service in January and not yet keen to go into the work force immediately after I return to my home state.
My sister lives in the UK and has invited me to visit her for two weeks early next year after my passing out.
She is sponsoring my trip and has a good account balance and good paying job over there.
1. What kind of documents do I need to submit to show that I am genuinely going for a visit as a tourist to see a family member.
Anyone had this experience before, especially as someone with not much attachment in Nigeria, since I am going to be leaving NYSC soon.
2. If my sister gave me a lump sum of about a million naira to my account as a gift deed to support my application, will that be acceptable?

P.S: Lots of young people all over the world travel around, especially after school before they settle down to find a job or further their career. It's just sad that we are not afforded the same opportunity to be simple tourists without jumping through so many hoops.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2022
Karishma:
Hello,

I am a youth corper finishing service in January and not yet keen to go into the work force immediately after I return to my home state.
My sister lives in the UK and has invited me to visit her for two weeks early next year after my passing out.
She is sponsoring my trip and has a good account balance and good paying job over there.
1. What kind of documents do I need to submit to show that I am genuinely going for a visit as a tourist to see a family member.
Anyone had this experience before, especially as someone with not much attachment in Nigeria, since I am going to be leaving NYSC soon.
2. If my sister gave me a lump sum of about a million naira to my account as a gift deed to support my application, will that be acceptable?

P.S: Lots of young people all over the world travel around, especially after school before they settle down to find a job or further their career. It's just sad that we are not afforded the same opportunity to be simple tourists without jumping through so many hoops[b][/b].

DO NOT despise thy last sentence and it shall be well with you ON THIS MATTER.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 12:09am On Nov 01, 2022
Way forward.
Documents needed and issue of lump sum.
Experienced gurus, this is another one. Lets decipher.
Karishma:
Hello,

P.S: Lots of young people all over the world travel around, especially after school before they settle down to find a job or further their career. It's just sad that we are not afforded the same opportunity to be simple tourists without jumping through so many hoops.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by shithapuns: 12:22am On Nov 01, 2022
Mrmoney90:

The time I went for my appointment I arrived early though, but I saw people with the same time as myself coming later and still being attended to.

You could’ve told them your time is later than your arrival time, because I’m sure there was a mammoth crowd it there

NO crowd o, just me, and not possible to quote a fake time, cos she asks for your appointment letter, b4 you are allowed to come in. pleaded and all, she no gree... and no one there at the gate to escalate to. a very sad outing for me.

the flexi i saw earlier isnt even there anymore for tuesday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:51am On Nov 01, 2022
shithapuns:

NO crowd o, just me, and not possible to quote a fake time, cos she asks for your appointment letter, b4 you are allowed to come in. pleaded and all, she no gree... and no one there at the gate to escalate to. a very sad outing for me.

the flexi i saw earlier isnt even there anymore for tuesday

Same thing happened to me at TLS Abuja. Arrived late, the security at the door refused to let me in, before someone inside the TLS asked that I should be let in. I guess it was just Grace. You can cancel the entire application and get a complete refund if you like, or you can just search for a new date.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 1:13am On Nov 01, 2022
Karishma:
Hello,

First thing that caught my attention is the lump sum your sister will be sending to you for the purpose of the trip. In as much as it isn’t much of a good idea to your application, but maybe you can draft a cover letter, explaining the origin of the money and it’s purpose. You can say it is for your return flight tickets and a little leftover cash for miscellaneous such as taxis etc.

I think your circumstance is still not bad, but it will all depend on how you put in your application. Make sure your cover letter is well detailed, even if it will take 4 pages to complete. Include and explain every detail as much as you can, even to the smallest information.

On the cover letter, explain why you will be taking the trip, how long you will be staying, places you plan to visit as well as activities you plan to partake on whilst in the UK (make sure you make your research very well before putting activities and places).

Asides from your cover letter, Your sister would also have to write you a letter of invite, stating she will be supporting your application and covering all cost towards the trip. She also needs to state she sent you a million naira for the purpose of the trip and what it will be used for.

In that regard, she will furnish you with a six months bank statement. The bank statement should have atleast 5000 pounds and should not also be a lump sum at her own end. If she will provide you with a one month bank statement or bank letter stating how much bank balance she has, then she will need to attach 6 months pay slip as well.

If she will be providing accommodation, then her utility bill should also be attached. Her passport data page or valid ID should also be attached. If you guys had photos together(like family photos), you can attach just for proofs sake.

At your own end, you will need to provide your bank statement. Make sure you explain every inflow and outflow in that account on the cover letter, as that cover letter will serve as your voice to the ECO since you wouldn’t be having a one on one interview. Make sure you explain your day to day activities on the cover letter to show you are a genuine visitor, starting from your arrival at heathrow or whatever airport you are arriving at, to how you get to your accommodation, your day to day activities, down to when you arrive at the airport for departure.

More so, you will need to provide proof of ties to your home country. If your parents are still alive, they can be your proof of ties, and you can provide photos in that regard. Since you will be completing NYSC, you can say you’re taking the trip so as to cool off and unwind from the stress gotten from the NYSC period, so that you can have a sharp mind in focusing on the job market or starting up a business (whichever it is for you).

If your parents have any business or anything you take care of or are in charge of, kindly state it as a reason for you to come back to Nigeria. Let them know you will be financially taken care of by your sister in the UK and therefore you will have no reason for recourse to public funds, neither will you be a nuisance nor overstay you trip, as that will put a dent on the reputation of your sister as a UK resident and also yours as a traveler. Attach any savings you have if you do and equally indicate it on the application form. Attach the utility bill of the place you stay currently, if it is your family house, better. But if it is a rented apartment either by you or your family, still include it and state it in your cover letter. If you also still get financial support from your parents, also indicate it in the cover letter and mention each of those transactions in your letter.

Generally if your sister’s end is ok, your circumstances as well as strong ties to your home country is what will firmly seal your application.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Trancoll: 5:17am On Nov 01, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Your sister can help you pay. And yes, you can do priority for faster decision.

Good luck
Thank you sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Chuksteve(m): 5:54am On Nov 01, 2022
Good morning everyone. Please is it advisable to get bank statement using the money one has set aside for form A fee since it takes time before the account is debited.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by saintmor: 6:46am On Nov 01, 2022
Please house I need advise on this refusal letter. This is second refusal, the first was last year November.

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s)V4.2 (a) (c) of Appendix V because.

You have applied to visit the UK for2weks tourism. In support of your application you have produced, amongst other documents, Certificate of Incorporation and a Union
bank statement in your name account number ending 7379 and a First Bank
business statement.

You state that you are self-employed earning 6,000000 NGN per annum. However I note in your previous application you stated that your income was 17,000000 NGN
per annum. From the documents produced I am unable to determine why your
income has reduced by almost one third in less than one year. This causes me to
question the credibility of your previous and current applications and also question
your reasons for travel at this time.

I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your
application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by dirolad(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2022
saintmor:
Please house I need advise on this refusal letter. This is second refusal, the first was last year November.

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s)V4.2 (a) (c) of Appendix V because.

You have applied to visit the UK for2weks tourism. In support of your application you have produced, amongst other documents, Certificate of Incorporation and a Union
business statement.

You state that you are self-employed earning 6,000000 NGN per annum. However I note in your previous application you stated that your income was 17,000000 NGN
question the credibility of your previous and current applications and also question

I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your
application is therefore refused under paragraph V 4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.
This is just personal discretion. Not tangible reason to refuse. The Eco felt you have economical downside and might not come back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by saintmor: 7:56am On Nov 01, 2022
But what do u advise me to do, to reapply immediately,pls I need help now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:01am On Nov 01, 2022
saintmor:

business statement.

The issue with most applicants is that once they get a refusal first time, they tend to feel that every detail they provided in the first application will be discarded. Embassies do no throw away informations just like that.

For your case, it was visibly clear that it looked fraudulent to the ECO, hence the refusal. How can you go from earning 17,000,000 per year, to earning 6,000,000 per year without proper explanation?

A well drafted cover letter could’ve pulled you through, because every logical person would want to understand why your yearly earning became less than half of the previous year within a short notice. Without a proper explanation, even I who is not an ECO would refuse your application.

Advise: kindly maintain this 6,000,000 per annum earning in your next application and clearly explain why it is so in your next application. Explain why you went down economically within a short space of time. Do this well detailed and the ECO would grant you a visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2022
saintmor:

You can reapply immediately, but make sure you write a well detailed cover letter to explain the mess you put yourself into. If your explanation is tangible enough to convince the ECO, then surely, you can wiggle your way into the UK.

Make sure you maintain every information in your second application and explain thoroughly why your earnings per year went from 17 million to 6 million.

Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2022
dirolad:
This is just personal discretion. Not tangible reason to refuse. The Eco felt you have economical downside and might not come back.

Some of those ECO are just wicked....some only look for reasons not give you visa ....their job is to look for both reasons why u should get it or not...

Which one be is income reduce within a year? the eco no see say economic downtime dey everywhere...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

Some of those ECO are just wicked....some only look for reasons not give you visa ....their job is to look for both reasons why u should get it or not...

Which one be is income reduce within a year? the eco no see say economic downtime dey everywhere...

True that most ECO’s are wicked, but That’s why he should’ve explained it on a cover letter, it’s that simple for real.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2022
No one can advice on re applying. You decide that . What we can tell you is how to go about subsequent applications, so you can attain visa success. Please highlight the concerns in the initial refusal. Information is needed for proper guidance
saintmor:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2022
I was engaging someone here yesterday and i wrote extensively about the state of minds of these eco's. Even when you present a good application, add prayer to it. I always to tell people. Some refusals can be very funny
Mrmoney90:

True that most ECO’s are wicked, but That’s why he should’ve explained it on a cover letter, it’s that simple for real.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by saintmor: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2022
I actually gave them account balance of 17 million last yr Nov, they said there's no evidence how I earned the money, I also have another business I pay myself 500k every month, though didn't add it last yr, so I decided to use this account, and I didn't add any other account or money I can't really explain. That's why I declared 6 million now.

hunee:
I was engaging someone here yesterday and i wrote extensively about the state of minds of these eco's. Even when you present a good application, add prayer to it. I always to tell people. Some refusals can be very funny

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: LadyCaplin, Bourne007(m), MrSoftlife(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.