Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (850688 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (626) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2022
slimanyd:

Afternoon bro. The priority of 5 working days starts when peeps submit there doc or when boss.
When you book appointment and you confirm for bio.

Your 5 working days start counting after bio
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2022
Ask this question in the study section, if this is for school. you get replied faster
Seunara101:
Pls guys how much do I need to have in bank acc as pof for dependent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2022
Seunara101:
Pls guys how much do I need to have in bank acc as pof for dependent

MA student/skilled worker visa? Different visa categories, different pof for dependant(s).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jadeken: 1:16am On Nov 29, 2022
Hello house,
I'm new here even though I've been following for a while now.I really need information and explanation concerning dependant visas.
My son and I want to join my partner who left to the UK in September to study .
1.Approximately how much do I need for my pof?
2.If my pof starts counting this week (for instance) , when can I apply for my visa and do my biometrics?
3.when is it advisable to do our tb test ( as the one we did earlier will expire on the 20th of December)
4.My current passport will expire in February next year, even though I'm expecting a new one in few weeks.Should I apply with the new one or this current one?
5.What documents will I be needing for my visa application ?
6.Will I need to do a standard or priority visa application?
Please house, I'll really appreciate your feedback as I've been worried for some time now.
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by orion8: 2:57am On Nov 29, 2022
I have a question, I’ll appreciate your feedback

I am based in the USA. I have a UK visa and I am going on vacation in February to the UK. My sister is in Nigeria and She is applying to go on vacation with me. She have all the documents needed and POF.

Question is, will the immigration officer wonder why we are going on vacation in UK instead of me inviting her to USA. Just wondering to cover any loose end
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Goodly1: 6:13am On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:
Guys I don tire for ukvi mata ooo...

I was expecting a collection mail frm TLS since 2nd October I got a successful visa application mail,
I jst received another successful visa application mail again jst dis afternoon...

"Your application for a UK visa (vignette) has been successful. This letter is not a permission to travel to the UK.Before you can travel to the UK, you will need to collect your visa. Please do not attempt to travel to the UK until you have collected your visa.We will contact you when your visa is ready to collect from the visa application centre where you submitted your application.Please do not visit the visa application centre until you are contacted.This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as Leave to Enter) as STUDENT DEP PARTNER from 22 Jun 2022 to 31 May 2023.What this means for youWhen you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date.

Pls guys am confused oo is dere anyone dat as experience dis kind of gbege... N wil i get my passport back dis week?
This is quite frustrating! I think you just go to the VAC & check with them.
I mean, what kinda wickedness is this!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:43am On Nov 29, 2022
Jadeken:
Hello house,
I'm new here even though I've been following for a while now.I really need information and explanation concerning dependant visas.
My son and I want to join my partner who left to the UK in September to study .
1.Approximately how much do I need for my pof?
2.If my pof starts counting this week (for instance) , when can I apply for my visa and do my biometrics?
3.when is it advisable to do our tb test ( as the one we did earlier will expire on the 20th of December)
4.My current passport will expire in February next year, even though I'm expecting a new one in few weeks.Should I apply with the new one or this current one?
5.What documents will I be needing for my visa application ?
6.Will I need to do a standard or priority visa application?
Please house, I'll really appreciate your feedback as I've been worried for some time now.
If your husband has done a student application he should be able to assist you as these questions are similar to his situation
1. Gov.uk has the amounts spelt out
2. POF should stay in acct minimum 28days before visa application
3. Tb test needs to be valid for the application.. as longs as application is done on/before December 20th it is fine
4. Apply with the current one. When the new comes u join both and travel
5. Documents to prove relationship to main applicant + tb test + financial documents. Check d students thread for anything else
6. Choice is yours and depends on your pocket

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Goodly1: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2022
Please help! Those who've done ENIC Statement of Comparability for WAEC, please did you upload any transcript for it, or is the original WAEC certificate all I need to upload?
I also have my secondary school leaving testimonial showing all my subjects from JSS1 - SS3. Is it what I need to upload as transcript for the WAEC?
Please quote my comment when replying. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:07am On Nov 29, 2022
Good morning house, I am trying to make a payment for Priority Visa Service (non-settlement) but the page keeps returning me to the start point after inputting my card details, is there something I can do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 9:09am On Nov 29, 2022
djbaju:
Good morning house, I am trying to make a payment for Priority Visa Service (non-settlement) but the page keeps returning me to the start point after inputting my card details, is there something I can do?
Are you using a Naira card?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by taif(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2022
Goodly1:
Please help! Those who've done ENIC Statement of Comparability for WAEC, please did you upload any transcript for it, or is the original WAEC certificate all I need to upload?
I also have my secondary school leaving testimonial showing all my subjects from JSS1 - SS3. Is it what I need to upload as transcript for the WAEC?
Please quote my comment when
replying. Thanks.

I did ENIC and I didn't upload my waec transcript,I only upload my waec certificate, my first degree transcript and certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:
Guys I don tire for ukvi mata ooo...

I was expecting a collection mail frm TLS since 2nd October I got a successful visa application mail,
I jst received another successful visa application mail again jst dis afternoon...

"Your application for a UK visa (vignette) has been successful. This letter is not a permission to travel to the UK.Before you can travel to the UK, you will need to collect your visa. Please do not attempt to travel to the UK until you have collected your visa.We will contact you when your visa is ready to collect from the visa application centre where you submitted your application.Please do not visit the visa application centre until you are contacted.This letter explains that when you arrive in the UK you will have permission to be in the UK (known as Leave to Enter) as STUDENT DEP PARTNER from 22 Jun 2022 to 31 May 2023.What this means for youWhen you collect your passport/travel document it will contain a visa, which you will use to travel to the UK. The visa is valid for 90 days and you should travel before the visa expiry date.

Pls guys am confused oo is dere anyone dat as experience dis kind of gbege... N wil i get my passport back dis week?

Most definitely. Or better yet, go to TLS with the mail you received
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2022
hunee:
JOCABASA , your wife go happy this night ooo grin grin grin grin

Big congratulations. i am very happy for you.
Keep us posted. Tc

Na me and you go remain for Naija Na, how you see am?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mrmoney90: 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:

Thank God ooo I jst received a fone call frm TLS now dat my passport is ready for collection....
AdvanceDNA i sed ur advise n comments always brings hope n gud result...

I thank u all for ur support, courage n advise,
AdvanceDNA, Hunee, Giselle, Mrmoney Mattle n all u great pipu on dis platform God bless u all for d work on dis platform....

I will u tomorrow for d ogogoro n pkomo after i my passport pick up...

Thank God! Atleast we go chill now.. Congratulations to you and safe trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by seyewest(m): 1:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
How much in USD is 6 months UK standard visitor visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Goodly1: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
taif:

I did ENIC and I didn't upload my waec transcript,I only upload my waec certificate, my first degree transcript and certificate.
WOW! Thank you so much, Taif.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2022
Thank God... Have collected back my passport wit a VISA stamped on it,
Thanks to u all... God bless u n grant all u waiting for ur visa....

9 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2022
Mrmoney90:

Thank God! Atleast we go chill now.. Congratulations to you and safe trip

Yaaa maannn... My mind rest ooo
Thanks n God bless uu maaannnn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:37pm On Nov 29, 2022
hehehehe grin
Mrmoney90:

Na me and you go remain for Naija Na, how you see am?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
Thank God. Big Congratulations
Jocabasa:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by apeleone(f): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2022
Grateful for all information I got here.
Collected our passports today ( my children and I) and 6months Visa approved.
Good luck to all awaiting.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:

U never go TLS?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by advanceDNA: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:

Congrats?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Congrats?

Thanks AdvanceDNA God bless uu...

Pls can I book EGYPTAIR through dia app?...
Has anyone here book ticket the app?
Dey sed d airline can denied ur booking wit dem if money nt received by dem...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by hunee: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Ethopian Airlines opens 8:30am
I can not guarantee for Egypt air.
Jocabasa:

Thanks AdvanceDNA God bless uu...

Pls can I book EGYPTAIR through dia app?...
Has anyone here book ticket the app?
Dey sed d airline can denied ur booking wit dem if money nt received by dem...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by temodent(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
Jocabasa:

Very big congratulations, I can understand how it felt to have gone through all the curves.

With my own ongoing experence, I can very well relate. My application already in its 6 months yes I mean 6 Months, after 2 paid mails and 2 mails to the International complaint centre I got an NSF precisely after 5 months, and it's been a month since then, yet to hear from them again just don't know what to do again. Perhaps I could get some advise here it has been most depressing but for God's sustaining grace. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by navistar(m): 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hey Guys,

I have read most of the thread and thank you all for sharing insights for a potential successful application. I need guidance on my brother’s application;

Background: He worked with a top tier bank for over 6 years and was promoted twice within same period. His last monthly net salary before he resigned mid August was about N511k/month. His outstanding benefits was also paid the following month (say N800k).

He resigned from banking and joined a fintech coy and now earns N700k. Resumed last week of August this year (same month he left the bank) but salary paid for that month was prorated.

His half year bonus of the bank (former employer was paid after he left) about M1.2 which he immediately invested N1m in fixed deposits for 60 days (maturity 6th Dec this year). He uses same account for salaries from his former and present employers.

He also has a savings account (nothing much here) with another bank and a dom account with a closing balance of $1,600

Now here’s what he wants to submit;

Planned trip expense for 14days: 1,200,000 (£2,200)
Avg Monthly expense: 300k (even dou account statement shows more, reason being monies can be sent to another account for savings)
**No prior visa refusal**

Intended Docs for submission:
1. 3 months payslip from new employer
2. An old pay slip from old employer
3. 6 months account statement of salary account (balance of 1.7m, where 1m just matured from fixed deposit investment) and dom account with balance of £2.2 (mostly cash lodgments)
4. Employer introduction letter showing resumption date, net monthly salary (700k) and leave times (coincides with proposed travel dates early next year)
5. Stamped page of passport
6. 2 Visas (UAE & Kenya within the last 4 years)
7. Promotion letters from old employer (bank)
8. Resignation letter to former employer (bank)
9. offer letter and ID card of new employer
10. NIN slip
11. A word doc explaining inflows and outflows outside salary above 200k e.g 800k loan repayment from a friend/colleague, debit for PTA for Kenyan trip, FX sales to a BDC staff.
12. Rent or utility bill receipt
13. Hotel booking
14. Brief Explanation on places to visit.
15. Shares certificate valued at N1.6mn

Please share your thoughts and advice.
Thanks

Cv @Giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Geetaybeks: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hello everyone.

Please my husband wants to send some money to my account to help with the pof. Do I have to also put in his bank statement of account?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
hunee:
Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Ethopian Airlines opens 8:30am
I can not guarantee for Egypt air.

Ok thanks Hunee...
To my understanding u sed goin to dia booking office is better dan booking through dia booking App?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Jocabasa: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
temodent:

Very big congratulations, I can understand how it felt to have gone through all the curves.

With my own ongoing experence, I can very well relate. My application already in its 6 months yes I mean 6 Months, after 2 paid mails and 2 mails to the International complaint centre I got an NSF precisely after 5 months, and it's been a month since then, yet to hear from them again just don't know what to do again. Perhaps I could get some advise here it has been most depressing but for God's sustaining grace. Thanks

Thanks temodent...
Myn was Administrate Review dats wy it took dat long to b processed..
I bside dis Ukvi pipu sometimes forget u av ur passport n documents wit dem..

Dem dey sleep forget us sometimes so is better u do follow up on dem wit torchlight n cutlass,
Bt pray well well ooo somethings ar nt hw n wat we thought dey ar.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by youngmusty: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
Anyone here going to wrexham glynder university 2023 January let’s connect
Email: mustyboy4real17@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Katcheegirl: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
I just booked my flight tickets ( ethiopian airlines) online and it went through

Ok thanks Hunee...
To my understanding u sed goin to dia booking office is better dan booking through dia booking App?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (626) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.